Sign in to follow this  
Gunvash

Open world rumor

I think the current system of entry and extraction is very unique and fun. Please do not make an "open world" style game. There are tons of other games that run that style, but none that do what you do. I am not sure if the rumors are true, but please do not allow for open world play.  It will ruin the uniqueness of the game.  Thank you for your consideration!

10 minutes ago, Gunvash said:

I think the current system of entry and extraction is very unique and fun. Please do not make an "open world" style game. There are tons of other games that run that style, but none that do what you do. I am not sure if the rumors are true, but please do not allow for open world play.  It will ruin the uniqueness of the game.  Thank you for your consideration!

I don't believe this is a rumor, I think it's been confirmed? that the development team is in the process of making Tarkov into a large open world game (free roam as per leitbild) That being said there will still be these small "arena" type game play left in If I recall correctly.

This may include a strictly PVP type of queuing as well as the extraction based game play we have now. (I've read that this would be accessible to players after completing the "storyline" in EFT.)

May have misread or misunderstood information. Refer to @Leitbild's post.

Edited by HTX

As far as I am aware, the Rumour that this game is Going "open world" is a False one. The Devs stated there will be a Free Roam mode with a special Map for it but the other Aspects will Basicly stay the way it is. Instance Based Raids.

From my Point of View, alot of People take "Free Roam" for open world, wich is to my knowledge not True.

1 minute ago, Leitbild said:

As far as I am aware, the Rumour that this game is Going "open world" is a False one. The Devs stated there will be a Free Roam mode with a special Map for it but the other Aspects will Basicly stay the way it is. Instance Based Raids.

From my Point of View, alot of People take "Free Roam" for open world, wich is to my knowledge not True.

Sorry for the ignorance, but what is the difference between open world and free roam? From what I understand the "open world" would be the "storyline" aspect of EFT with the maps strung together in a linear fashion. In addition I believe it was also stated the extraction style rounds we have now would be left in for players who had completed the story/hideout etc.

5 minutes ago, Leitbild said:

Sounds about right. but i think they want to make all the maps connect to eachother so im not sure how its going to turn out.

As far as I know is Free Roam just meant to be on a Hugemap without Timelimit while Open World would Connect all maps together. Atleast, thats how I understood it. :)

From what I understand - Free roam is all 10 maps integrated (16km) w/High player count and no load screens. Supposed to be unlocked after advancing through all the maps. From what I've read, the full game does not come with all 10 maps available from the start, each is unlocked after the previous is completed,  likely in the order of the dotted line on the selection screen. I think the idea of a interconnected map is great, but hopefully they will actually add vehicles and make it a solid system. Fluids, gas, battery and some type of way to start the vehicle rather than just hopping in and driving away like its GTA.

I'm really hoping Free Roam is one of the features they do keep and put into the final game. If anything needs to be dropped in it's entirety, it's the karma concept.

Free roam has been talked about and was a selling point, namely that all of the maps would be interlinked and that you could roam from customs to factory to shoreline seemlessly.

If there will be a open world, I heard it would be seperate from the raids we got now. I don't think it would hurt the game if they work on an open world after the raids are fully fleshed out. Imagine this game, with all it's amazing gun mechanics and modifcations, in an open world setting like Rust. I think that would be pretty epic actually.

A separate, much larger scale map will be out at some point.

You haven't explained why both game types can't exist at the same time. Frankly, it seems obvious that both can exist.

We can take if from the devs themselves. 

From a recent interview 

Question 4: EFT has many planned features, one of which is the free-roam mode, and the progression to get there. Can you explain how it will actually work? Will it be a completely open world? Or will it be map based with transitions between maps as you progress?

Free Roam mode is a completely open, seamless sandbox location without any limitations in time, raid lobby and so on. However, it will also feature exits, tasks to perform and quests to solve

http://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/51802-eft-interview/?tab=comments#comment-842932

I feel like there is a BIG majority of people (including myself) that believed in the "open world". What I mean is : every existing map connected together. There more I try to look for info the more I have a feeling that this "free roam" is not a open world at all. And maybe the devs never said it would be but theres a lot of people including big streamer who are saying that "open world is coming".

Is it possible to have a CLEAR answer ? Will all the maps ever be connected to create a huge open world ? Or will the "free roam" just be one big new map ?

I LOVE this game but for some reason I have the feeling the vision I had for this game is too good to be true.

I do like the “arena” style raids and would keep playing them because of the intensity of it all!

but having freeroam over the entirety of tarkov with no time limits etc. I think that would be highly enjoyable specially if we ended up with hideouts or what ever. 

Thats my opinion but none of us are the devs and there understanding of free roam could be different to ours

• Upvote 1

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Wolfer9:

I do like the “arena” style raids and would keep playing them because of the intensity of it all!

but having freeroam over the entirety of tarkov with no time limits etc. I think that would be highly enjoyable specially if we ended up with hideouts or what ever. 

Thats my opinion but none of us are the devs and there understanding of free roam could be different to ours

i hope they connect all maps together for this epic dream.. if not i would be very sad. i told everyone that they will do this because someone said it and now everyone is saying it and alot ppl belive this, but i never heared the devs saying it.