AI Scavs too good?

jburke620

Is it just me or are the AI Scavs "too good"?

I've been playing around on Factory Offline just to get a good feel for things & learn the map. Needless to say I have been getting REEMED HARDCORE!!

Now I have been getting better but good lord it doesn't seem to be enough! The AI is DEAD ON with just about any weapon.
I am absolutely fine with a challenge! I like getting outnumbered & pushing my limits. But when I'm face-to-face with an AI Scav & dump a shotgun round to his chest there is NO WAY that he should be able to maintain consistent & fatally accurate shots.

In a game sense, they should at the very least, be "taken back" by the shot, knocked down (gets back up), stumble, or just be less accurate.

Now you're probably thinking, "BuT tHeY haVE BodY ArMoR!!11!"
HAVE YOU BEEN SHOT WITH ARMOR ON!?!? EVEN WITH A "NON-LETHAL" BEANBAG YOU WILL REGRET LIFE, LET ALONE BE ABLE TO SHOOT BACK ACCURATELY.
Just saying...  

Not trying to be a "keyboard warrior" or a "Google Professional"

But trying to point out a potential issue that may or may not be addressed.

*It's a game* - Yes one that balances on the realism aspect.
*What do you know about realism?* - Join your Military or local PD / State Police and you might learn a thing or two.

Now there are times where I have 1-shot a Scav with a pump-shotty & there were times I dropped 5 shells just to be killed. The game is fun & will continue to play.

I'm just wanting to point out that there are some aspects that are just a little too, "Really, how is that possible?" Especially with the AI Scavs.
(And no I don't mean COD whiny fat kids getting noob-tubed in mommy's basement really how is that possible gonna SWAT that ass-bitches house)

What do you think?
(And don't waste you're time by saying something along the lines of "Get Gud", Weapon this, Armor that)

Thanks! :begreat:

4 minutes ago, Skoowy said:

The pump shottie is a little iffy, its a hit or miss lately

I stated the shotgun as it was the last weapon I used. But it reflects on all weapons. 

And I know things can still be buggy. But once fixed /  addressed..

12ga or 20ga, unless it's birdshot it's gonna pack a punch especially up close.

7.62, that is a hard hitting round. No armor = breaking bones / goinng straight through. With armor (varies), it could go through or kick you like a mule.

5.56, that is a tumble round, lighter than the 7.62. It will hit the flesh & tumble through the body. Armor, it can go through, but if stopped it won't be as hard hitting as the 7.62.

AI Scavs are sometimes insanely stupid and don't know what to do, and sometimes they aimbot you from 200 meters with a shotgun.

It's funny how you can hatchet a mob of them down, and sometimes a single one shoots you down before you see him.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 7ension said:

AI Scavs are sometimes insanely stupid and don't know what to do, and sometimes they aimbot you from 200 meters with a shotgun.

It's funny how you can hatchet a mob of them down, and sometimes a single one shoots you down before you see him.

I have seen this too many times!

*Find scav just sitting there completely engulfed with butterflies do the sheer awesomeness of his boots*

As I tiptoe on by his spider-sense start to tingle. Like a robot he slowly but smoothly raises his gun, turns, fires... I’m dead.

Edited by jburke620

The scavs are constantly being worked on and fluctuate massively with each patch, but yeah we've all been destroyed by super scavs don't worry lol.

The best part is where you're in full gear AND landing accurate shots centre-mass AND they still manage to one-tap you with a pistol/Saiga from 50m lol 

• Like 1

Yes, since last patch AI is op. I have been receiving insta head shots first hit by scavs almost every time I encounter them. Not to mention CQB is nearly certain death. I thought they were supposed to be "yesterdays civilians" not trained spec ops. I hope they address this

Think AI is easy'er now and seems fine. But you cant really sprint in the open and just blast AI that show up. Use cover and range, seems to work best. Too close and they just shotgun your legs then you are messed. 

Edited by NoDG
removed profanity

• 2 weeks later...

I recently did a hatchet run on Shoreline, found a DVL-10 and AKM, was at the tunnel extract and I sneak attacked a scav, shooting him with a TT 4 times in the back, he immediately 180'd and headshot me with a saiga12k, needless to say I was pissed

I agree the AI's for scavs are extremely broken. They can see me through bushes and when I'm behind them or not in plain site of them they see me and insta-snap onto target and one shot me in the head. I was just in factory Semi-Geared up and I shot a scav in the head 3 times, noticing it had no armor or helmet and it didn't die even after those 3 shots, especially being up close. It then 2 shot me with a shotgun from long range as i ran away to reload.

Somehow AI scavs also spot you from like half a mile away before literally laser-beeming you. I was trying to sneak and creep my way from one side to the Road to Customs extract, and then I saw them running in all directions before shooting me even though I was almost unspottable from where I was. Then I ran back, crosse the road and did the same from uphill, creeped my way, crouched and then I start taking shots from them, even though I was reeeaaally concealed in the foliage behind a hill.

Thankfully I managed to headshot one of them, which seemed to distract them from me and I managed to extract succesfully. But damn son.