Blackb1rd

On results of the New Year Event

As someone playing from south africa, i couldnt play for 2 months after buying the game due to lag and desync but since the last update or 2 i have been able to play flawlessly! During the stress test i only remember 2 drops and like no lag.  Cant wait for the new maps and what ever else you have planed.

GOOD JOB!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Colonel Twerkins said:

This test affected fps. We addressed that.

Just to clarify:

"We addressed that" as in "it is already in for next patch" or "the issue is already live"?

Since the patch I find the ingame graphics much less beautiful, I watched old videos and it is obvious! It has become even uglier ... what's going on? there must have been graphic improvements ... but it's worse than before. It's really not cool for our eyes.
Have a good day.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Glad the devs were able to uncover these issues prior to open beta. Keep it up devs!

Will we get a wipe prior to OBT or is the next pre-OBT update just fixing bugs and performance stability?

9 hours ago, Mihailnovici said:

i understand this test was address for server and connection issues toward users, but when we will get better graphics ? any info about future update that will bring this up ? when we will see a better leverage of fps from our machines toward this game ? or we will keep playing on choppy low settings on 2000E pc's  because this engine can't manage right the resources of our pc's !?

Their PC requirements (although suggested), is on the money. There are thousands of games out there which put their efforts into 'graphics' vs 'gameplay' and ended up with less than optimal issues throughout. 

I for one, am glad that it's not the graphics that gives the players what they need. It's everything but eye candy that I prefer.

To go one step further. I would rather see some form of mechanics that would reduce the effects of jumping onto, and especially jumping off features. Jumping off a 10 plus meters height with full gear only to immediately 'heal' and engage targets effectively should be heavily discouraged with a game like EFT.

Thank you Devs for your updates and looking forward to more.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

That is some awesome news!

As indy programmer myself on unity, i'm really glad we have devs that do care and try to do upstream improvements before adding crazy unneeded features.

Keep up the good work Battlestate!

• Sad 1

is there going to be a date for this patch or even the servers i cannot play because of server capacity because my frames are 40 or 60 and having lagg because of server capacity reached is not good 

Awesome, glad to hear.  Kind of sad that you guys did not have servers ordered for at least the last couple of days of the stress test.  That would have been a good move.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

34 minutes ago, Oscar_Syx said:

So if the test is complete why are there servers still bad?  I don't understand...

Thinking is hard eh? xD Here's some reasons off the top of my head:

• There are still a lot of active 7 day trail keys.
  • They haven't fixed all of the issues they've found yet, because guess what, there's not been a new patch yet.
  • They haven't increased the amount of servers yet.
Edited by DonDOOM
  • Like 1
  • Hot 3
  • Cold 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, IAMCANADIAN said:

here is where im confused .. this game as the same game breaking problems since alpha ..  opening the doors to quick you get stuck and cant do anything and need to log out ....   the server desync where you see other players jittering all over the screen is a game breaker for any FPS games..it's not smooth at all.  it could be fundamental structure of the gamearchitecture, and the unity engine.

Le sigh....I've been a developer in unity for 10, yes TEN years since version 1.6.1 which was 2007, January. People that constantly blame "The unity engine" are very ignorant and misinformed. Unity is a tool, if you misuse the tool it will yield bad results. I've been a developer in the unity/cryengine/unreal/opensourced game engines, etc for 20 years now, contracted for large and small AAA, indie, whatever studios. The engine is what you make of it. You cannot place blame squarely on the engine. Netcode in itself is extremely complex, have you noticed the sheer amount of loot to track on a player? You have all these tables holding all this data and tracking each individual thing, it's the most complex system I've seen in any FPS ever, ever, ever, ever. I believe given the situation, EFT is handling this very well. Have some faith, it's extremely difficult to test the desync issues as connections are differerent, speeds are different, countries, ISP's, how they handle UDP traffic, how they handle tcp/ip traffic, how they police, QOS, throttle, do whatever the hell they do with the traffic. You have to realize it's more than just 'the unity engine'.  There is so so so much more to it, even small tiny games can get complex. EFT is not tiny, and it's core system is complex as hell. I'd suggest Chill out and wait. I don't expect the issues to get resolved in a few months, or even a year. Are they better? Yes, by a mile. Are they perfect? No, but that only comes with repetition. 

CHILL OUT DUDE, and just enjoy what you have so far. 

Flame on . -Nick

Edited by SoloBear
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Hot 1
  • Upvote 3

As @SoloBear so eloquently put, there are many variables to what is lumped up into the umbrella-name "netcode". The sheer basics (coming from someone who has worked a lot with ARMA servers) is defining the bandwidth of a server, defining what maximum amount of messages to send (and receive) setting up the largest guaranteed size, the max nonguaranteed, minimum errors to send, etc. etc. - and these have to be configured dependent on the server. Because different servers have different bandwidth capabilities and backbones. For example, if you choose a popular hosting company in Germany, and its a Sunday, their routing might be bottlenecking making all those values that you setup malfunction. Because they affect rubberbanding, now imagine configuring thousands of servers, each with multiple instances of the same server application.

To truly be able to setup a functioning infrastructure to support an endeavour you need a lot of data, and you need to really push the limits of the servers' capabilities. This is why you have a stress test. When you overload the servers (like we have) things start to break, and logs start to flood with errors. Some of which you can patch up server-side by setting variables, others you have to fix in the server netcode, others you have to do by changing the client. 

And trying to decipher all that data takes time. Trying to find what breaks where, and how isn't done by "pressing a button", it takes time and patience. And its all a part of testing.

Relax people. We'll get there.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, LowSpeed said:

Their PC requirements (although suggested), is on the money. There are thousands of games out there which put their efforts into 'graphics' vs 'gameplay' and ended up with less than optimal issues throughout. 

I for one, am glad that it's not the graphics that gives the players what they need. It's everything but eye candy that I prefer.

To go one step further. I would rather see some form of mechanics that would reduce the effects of jumping onto, and especially jumping off features. Jumping off a 10 plus meters height with full gear only to immediately 'heal' and engage targets effectively should be heavily discouraged with a game like EFT.

Thank you Devs for your updates and looking forward to more.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ?! man i just ask when we will have an patch with fps optimisations, when we will have acces to all engien settings (graphic wise) ? are you damn blinde for what i ask or my eng is damn bad ?

PS il not prize the devs for theyr job, i did pay for them to do that, as all of us did, is theyr obligation to do so and finish the project, not to mention that im sure 100% that will be a delay again for the game release, this game for sure MAYBE will be released in 2020

Edited by Mihailnovici
  • Sad 2

35 minutes ago, Mihailnovici said:

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ?! man i just ask when we will have an patch with fps optimisations, when we will have acces to all engien settings (graphic wise) ? are you damn blinde for what i ask or my eng is damn bad ?

PS il not prize the devs for theyr job, i did pay for them to do that, as all of us did, is theyr obligation to do so and finish the project, not to mention that im sure 100% that will be a delay again for the game release, this game for sure MAYBE will be released in 2020

Then you should've said "When can we expect to see optimisations with FPS?" instead of what you originally posted. It is totally different to what you posted, and what you're saying above.

FYI, I wasn't 'attacking' your comment. No need to get upset about it.

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 5:23 AM, zegodzila said:

Great Effort will pay :)

Hey guys, did you also had a tons of synchro issue on Shoreline map ? We could'nt to a 3 or 4 man squad game properly without disconnect. / lags / loot problems.

I had some of the same issues, chalking it up to the game being in Beta Test phase. That being said, I feel like Shoreline is one of the least played maps in the game, which means it'll take a bit longer for fixes/patches that affect it to come along. However, this Dev team is showing me day by day that this project is extremely important to them, so sit tight the fixes will come.

• Like 1

Very nice to hear such news, I think we are all glad we could help to give you such important data...  :]

I think we all cannot wait until open beta starts finally, but personally I am waiting till full open world... Any info when? It's going to be included with open beta or added later to the game?

I also would like to see some of the numbers of players online etc.  And I took advantage of the sale to upgrade to EOD.  Great idea.  Awesome game. I had taken some time off, but now I'm back with a vengeance!  

Thank you to all of the devs who keep this game consistently moving forward!