Blackb1rd

On results of the New Year Event

Sorry for going off topic here, but can I get an estimate of when the open beta will launch i was recently given a free key and gained access to the beta for a week. I enjoyed the game thoroughly, but i am afraid i don't have the means to purchase a copy of one of the pre-order packages to get back access to the game. Just wondering about an estimated time for the open beta is all.

37 minutes ago, L0ki06 said:

Sorry for going off topic here, but can I get an estimate of when the open beta will launch i was recently given a free key and gained access to the beta for a week. I enjoyed the game thoroughly, but i am afraid i don't have the means to purchase a copy of one of the pre-order packages to get back access to the game. Just wondering about an estimated time for the open beta is all.

there's no set dates yet but its all pointing to OBT launching either towards the end of this february or the start of march! Hope this helps!!!

What's everyone parsing them for? It was just a stress test. I've not heard anything about new maps, mechanics, something innovative. So what's everyone so excited for?

1 hour ago, crucibleoffire said:

there's no set dates yet but its all pointing to OBT launching either towards the end of this february or the start of march! Hope this helps!!!

It's actually set for Jan 18th

1 hour ago, Cloak said:

What's everyone parsing them for? It was just a stress test. I've not heard anything about new maps, mechanics, something innovative. So what's everyone so excited for?

I am guessing you don't follow the game closely or you'd understand why we are all excited.

On 05/01/2018 at 5:23 AM, bathtubbandit said:

Is hideout still on for open beta...any updates on that?

Nope. Hideouts are not coming until close to or upon release. I messaged the devs personally and that's what they told me.

• Upvote 2

Hope you'll do something for freezeing game for people with 8gb ram and HDD...

I'm crazy, everytime i was in fight, the game say "no", freeze, and i'm die...
I think it's a problem about the sound, 'cause it appears everytime a "new" sound is played (like ui sound, firearm sound,etc etc)

Or maybe, it cause about my soundcard, idk.

I will try it, and edit after

Edited by Cyahell

38 minutes ago, Cyahell said:

Hope you'll do something for freezeing game for people with 8gb ram and HDD...

I'm crazy, everytime i was in fight, the game say "no", freeze, and i'm die...
I think it's a problem about the sound, 'cause it appears everytime a "new" sound is played (like ui sound, firearm sound,etc etc)

Or maybe, it cause about my soundcard, idk.

I will try it, and edit after

So i can't edit it.

I reinstall my soundcard and put it on 16 bit 48Khz, and it's seems to be okay with 2run.

IDK if it's the 24bits/96Khz or a bad install of pilot...

But you can try to check your sound engine, cause it appear only on this game.

• Upvote 2

This game has quickly taken up my entire day just grinding and slaughtering people and squading up  with 3 to 5  people is fun as hell we took screen shoots and our squad looked scary as hell but anyway i'm very glad you guys are taking steps to improve it i very much am in love with this game and will play it until its dead and gone i look forward to its long life

I just started getting back into Escape from Tarkov a few days ago and am absolutely blown away by the amount of improvements to the server and wait times. I used to wait up to ten to fifteen minutes for a game, coupled with desync nearly every game. Now, I can play problem free. Awesome work, BSG.

16 minutes ago, Made Man said:

I just started getting back into Escape from Tarkov a few days ago and am absolutely blown away by the amount of improvements to the server and wait times. I used to wait up to ten to fifteen minutes for a game, coupled with desync nearly every game. Now, I can play problem free. Awesome work, BSG.

This is what happen to EFT... some of the people dont have any problems related with the servers and others have got desync and long waits in Matching...  i think this game cannot be released like that ! Its totally online game and the netcode and server performance must be optimal ! Its not good when you have a Fiber Symetric 300 MB U and 300 MB D speed with ping 10 and ONLY on TARKOV you have lots of LAG and Desync problems... when i track the servers looks like have servers only in Germany... so all Europe connect to Germans servers... and its strange also German People have problems with the servers... What this mean !? Rented server packeges are Low-Mid hardware or what happen here...The streammers and youtubers have direct VPN conection to the servers !?!?! Because i see some of them play Tarkov without any problem ! Its just strange everything... in every other game i have amazing performance and multiplayer is good... but in ONLY ONLINE game like EFT ... you cant play normal ! I hope this gone a be fixed before Release ! Some of my friends stop playing it anymore because of the horrible server performance ! ( Change the Servers Rental Provider or Contract better ones or do Server Maintence every week... idk whats the problem is but deffinitivley have a problem for lots of people , please fix it before many of us leave the game ... We love the game ... makes it playable! ) 

• Confused 1

I just want t mention that I am addicted to the game since I bought the early access around christmas. Apart from the sudden frame drops mostly everyone reports (see a lot of twitch streamers) the game runs just fine on my machjine and I look forward to play a lot more

Keep up the good work !

• Upvote 1

Any chance that rolling might be added? How cool would like be roll in and out of a hallway in factory or customs and whittle away at peoples legs.

• Hot 1

3 hours ago, BG-Skech said:

The streammers and youtubers have direct VPN conection to the servers !?!?! Because i see some of them play Tarkov without any problem ! Its just strange everything... 

Could you please sort out your spelling and punctuation? I get that it's not your primary language and neither is it mine, but with the unnecessary spaces and ?!?!?!?! everywhere, this is REALLY hard to read. Appreciated :) 

To your point though, I've just seen Karmakut (2 days ago) literally give up on streaming EFT that day because he and his buddies couldn't get on a map for 10+ minutes. So, you're totally off base here, I'm afraid.

Edited by KastorKrieg

4 hours ago, KastorKrieg said:

Could you please sort out your spelling and punctuation? I get that it's not your primary language and neither is it mine, but with the unnecessary spaces and ?!?!?!?! everywhere, this is REALLY hard to read. Appreciated :) 

To your point though, I've just seen Karmakut (2 days ago) literally give up on streaming EFT that day because he and his buddies couldn't get on a map for 10+ minutes. So, you're totally off base here, I'm afraid.

I guess if some of them have direct conection to the servers somehow... *its normal to not understand me correct, my English skills are really low!* ! And why you talks about Karmakut , did i mention it? He is not the only one streamer (youtuber) who play Tarkov... but some of them plays the game without any conection problem and runs really smooth ... so i just guess if some people in the game have got some "privilage" to show the game ... i hope this time you can understand me better! And yes , i spelling about the really bad performance who have Tarkov and is a bit of shame , because is a Only Online Game... (the offline mode allso runs on server, so its not offline) Basicly what i see is lots of players experiance bad performance due of the servers and few are not experiance any problem! Its a bit strange! I hope when the game is finished , all this problems stays in the past, if its not too late! Lots of people stop plays it because of this!

On 1/5/2018 at 10:35 PM, MysticalPotato said:

It's actually set for Jan 18th

I am guessing you don't follow the game closely or you'd understand why we are all excited.

Nope. Hideouts are not coming until close to or upon release. I messaged the devs personally and that's what they told me.

Actually I follow it pretty well I may have missed a few post here and there due to this game usually having nothing new. So why don't just answer my question instead of patronizing me?

Edited by Cloak
  • Like 1

when i track the servers looks like have servers only in Germany... so all Europe connect to Germans servers...

Like a lot of game...

Germany as usual use for server in EU.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Cyahell said:

Like a lot of game...

Germany as usual use for server in EU.

Yes , and only in Tarkov the performance is horrible... ! Also for people who live next to the server location , and for somebody in USA (dont want to say names) The game runs without any problem also can stream it ! (I dont know where is the problem , but i hope the game gone a be fixed before the open beta test ! If the game goes to open beta in this state (performance issues) Many people who gone a test it for first time , gone a be surprised for bad! I hope im wrong i want this game to have huge sucess and to rize the bar for others in future! The game is good enought to be played and enjoy it right now , the only down thing is the conection issues and lag when bots or players are nearby ! This factor makes people stop playing it.... some of them definitivley others waiting the "fix" ...