Blackb1rd

On results of the New Year Event

On 6-1-2018 at 7:35 AM, MysticalPotato said:

It's actually set for Jan 18th

I am guessing you don't follow the game closely or you'd understand why we are all excited.

Nope. Hideouts are not coming until close to or upon release. I messaged the devs personally and that's what they told me.

How do you know it is set for the 18th? Do you have a source?

Sounds great! 

BTW how are the wait times for Customs and Factory? I usually end up waiting about 15-30 minutes to join a single game. I'm curious if its the same for everyone else.

On 1/12/2018 at 9:05 PM, mnm035 said:

Sounds great! 

BTW how are the wait times for Customs and Factory? I usually end up waiting about 15-30 minutes to join a single game. I'm curious if its the same for everyone else.

last couple days has been very high for me, assumed they were down and left queues after 5-10minutes

On 1/12/2018 at 10:05 PM, mnm035 said:

Sounds great! 

Yeah it does it to me too. 

But it does allow me to play flawlessly with only having to search for 12 seconds at 3:00am (US) MT, but I don't have the time to do that on weekdays, so it's a bummer. 

On 13/1/2018 at 6:05 AM, mnm035 said:

Sounds great! 

It can be rough at peek hours. They just need to get more servers up imho.

1 hour ago, Terminator01 said:

I know this thread is kind of old. But the desync feels the same or worse than in the new year´s event.

I am based in Malta and to be honest never really experienced neither desync or real lag. Several times was dropped off the game but successfully reconnected. My net is on fibre. I assume this somehow affects the connection quality.

On 1/13/2018 at 12:05 AM, mnm035 said:

Sounds great! 

10+ minutes trying to match with a friend on Customs. we both refuse to even try factory

Both in US

Edited by Jjpete3385
forgot to add some info

Honestly, this game is no where near release ready. The match making is still unbalanced, mostly on factory. With the whole premise of the game being escape with loot or die and lose it all, stability and optimization should have been the first things tackled. No one like losing their loot from dropped server connection, or the bug where everyone is invulnerable and standing still and you die from nothing, no shots just collapse and die. I keep getting told to keep up with the forums because they are very open about what bugs are being fixed in the next patch and which ones are being planned for later, but I spent a couple of hours looking and almost all updates look like this one. We found bugs we plan on fixing. Thats great, now can you tell me which ones so I know to look for if its still happening or not? Bug in inventory where I bought a wallet from fence since I cant get a money case yet. Opened my wallet to switch out my roubles and put in dollars and euros, 320k of my roubles were gone. I only had 80k left in there. And I know I didnt spend it because it doesnt show up as money available when in a container. Took everything out of my wallet and sold it. Loot isnt safe during raids or even in your stash which makes the whole concept of the game seem meaningless. And responding saying "they said the will fix servers", "they said they were fixing the bugs" and so is a ridiculous reply so please don't. As I already said, those are very broad statements and actually give no insight about the future of the game. Please just focus on stability and structure of the game. I could care less if I have to wait 5 minutes for a queue if my loot is going to be gone in raid to bugs or even in my stash. Like when you move this into your stash then you get an "movement item error" and you go back and everything needs to be moved back into my stash except some stuff is missing, like the armor I found, money, guns, anything.

@BigManMav If I'm reading you right, you're essentially saying that if the devs are serious about having the community test the game and give proper feedback, then it's essential to have more detailed and specific notes as to the particular bugs and fixes that are being addressed. This way the community can be sure it's spending its time focusing on the right aspects of the game and returning useful information to the devs.

Is that about right?

Hi any chance to see better servers for middle eastern countries like Iran and Israel or maybe change their servers to EU instead of Hong Kong? (Imagine playing a game from Israel to Hong Kong, Israel and Hong Kong are really Close to each other :)

@Spectator6 To me, that's by far the biggest problem I see yes. Every game I played before now had patch notes that had a section called "bugs and fixes" or something along those lines. Like Smite for example, you see patch notes and they would say "fixed an issue were kaldir would get rooted in place but then be stuck there till player death" or "fixed an issue were Kumbas' ult did double damage when ulting a player by putting damage at the top and bottom of the ult". Stuff like that lets me and people know if they plan on fixing it or if they did and its still not working right. If we are indeed not suppose to play the game until we are not so frustrated with it, this would be the best action to help bring back in people who already stopped playing to see if the game is better or not. A lot of people wont put in the effort to keep opening the game every few weeks to see whats new and if its worth playing to them or not. 

Edited by BigManMav