Exits not working?

jburke620

Asking this for a buddy of mine, gamer tag world_premier

We have played many scav missions & usually don’t have any issues escaping. But he has contacted me many times when going solo scav & regular player that he cannot Escape.

Not as in he’s getting killed, but that the exits are not working. He will get up to the door and nothing happens, no countdown, nothing. 

If it matters, this has been happening on Customs, he has been too worried of losing more gear to test this on other maps.

He ends up losing everything he has because the mission timed out. I’ve had him completely uninstall & reinstall the game but the same issue still happens.

Has this happened to anyone or something similar? Is there a fix?

Thanks!!

Happens to me too every so often. Plus a lot of raids i get on the Npcs/Players just freeze. Cant open crates, cant extract, cant take damage cant loot nor can i kill people. Seems to only affect me on the server since my buddy was on the same server the other day while my session was completely bugged out. Losing all my gear every time this happens. Pretty gamebreaking imo...

Yes i did. Exits switch from time to time. Bright lights mark currents exits. Doesnt change for me that the whole server is stuck for me and im losing all my gear everytime because of this terrible bug.

Edit: Just got in another game and happened again. 2nd time this day.

Edited by Kakraukus

• 4 weeks later...

Yes... I also reinstalled the game and still the same thing, no single exit on customs is working for me (also tried alt+f4 and relogging). The only thing i can do on this map is looking for keys with my empty container but still it sucks because i need customs for some tasks.

I cant find anything to fix this

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Make sure you are going to the main exit that is always open.  The other exits that have '????' next to them are only POSSIBLE exits.  If certain conditions are not met, or if someone has taken it before you they will not work and you have to then go to the main exit.

It normally gives you 3 options; 1 main exit that is always open, and 2 possible exits that may or may not be open for you.

For example, on Customs : It might give you Crossroads (the main exit), Smuggler's Boat, and Trailer Park.

The Crossroads is the main exit which is always open, and the other two will have '????' next to them, because they are possible exits. If someone has already beaten you to them they are no longer open. You will then have to go to the main exit. (the one with no '?' next to it when you press 'O' )

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

This exit sistem is ugly and unclear, im really pissed to be missing in action for not finding the damn exit

Edited by Arc4rsenal

i v just missed in action coz no exit open....

the main (road to customs) was red ans not working ccp  temp not working rock passage not working and pier boat not working.....i v done all the exits who was in my list no one accepted me 😢 i m sad... lost  nearly 300 000 roubles

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

I can confirm this problem is STILL happening. I have spent around a dozen runs through Customs and I died every time trying to get Prapor's stupid fetchquest done.

I FINALLY went in with an SKS and level 3 armor and came out with BIG LOOT after getting the drop on a fully-kitted BEAR.

I also killed a fuckload of scavs on the way so I had a trizip full of loot, Gen4 armor, and a fully modded FAL. This is the first time I managed to have this much success on Customs since the last wipe, I was so happy I FINALLY did it!

And Tarkov said duck you.

Image attached. I tested THREE out of FOUR exits. One of them is a "Guaranteed" exit! Here is 100% solid proof of me sitting in gas station which was open and had the light on. I also tested ZB-1011 AND ZB-1012?! The only exit I didn't get to test was V-exit, I didn't have time to run from ducking gas station to dorms!

tarkovsaysfuckyou.png

Edited by Vonadi
Correcting a sentence

I've had the same problem. The difference for me was that i got the exit green bar go to 0 a couple of times with nothing happening. Time ran out and i was still in the game. Ran around a bit and got the timer a third time, it got to 0, brought me out only to get an Error 201 screen that crashed my game.

Went back in but my loot is nowhere to be found.

This is quite annoying.

Especially since this seems to be an issue for a long time now.

If you guys are playing as scavs, the bright light business doesn't apply to you at all.

Double tap "O" and go to the exits that are for definite.  Don't just expect any brightly lit doorway or smokebomb to result in an exfiltration.

The bright light thing makes no sense for scavs really.  The vast majority of scav exits are completely dark and not lit at all..

1 minute ago, fergrim said:

If you guys are playing as scavs, the bright light business doesn't apply to you at all.

Double tap "O" and go to the exits that are for definite.  Don't just expect any brightly lit doorway or smokebomb to result in an exfiltration.

The bright light thing makes no sense for scavs really.  The vast majority of scav exits are completely dark and not lit at all..

I was playing my PMC on customs. Look at my screenshot please, I tested three out of four of the PMC exits, all of them were the ones listed for me (I had to walk across the map to get there, as expected)

I tested ZB-1012. The light was off.

I tested ZB-1011. The light was on, and this is the exit I normally use for customs. I ran into the room and all the way to do the door: No exit timer. I walked out, then ran back in just in case. No exit timer came on.

So I went all the way to gas station. The light was on and the door was open, the exit was clear and should've worked. I timed out waiting next to the gas station exit door :/

17 hours ago, Vonadi said:

Here is 100% solid proof of me sitting in gas station which was open and had the light on. I also tested ZB-1011 AND ZB-1012?! The only exit I didn't get to test was V-exit, I didn't have time to run from ducking gas station to dorms!

tarkovsaysfuckyou.png

I feel your pain, I have had bugged exits before with good loot, pissed me off. Let's try to reconstruct your steps first though to make sure you will not be running in the same issues in case you misunderstood something.

1. You mentioned "10 sec at the door": ZB-1011 exit (the one in the most south-eastern corner of the map, a bunker surrounded by bushes) is not next to the door.. You have to go down the stairs, then turn left and go to the end of the hallway, till you hit the wall. That is where the counter starts ticking. I personally never had any issue there before, so if that did not work, it's a new bug and you should report it. Do you have a screenshot of where you were waiting at ZB-1011?

2. ZB-1012 was just not open as you mentioned, so that's no bug.

3. Be aware however that Old Gas Station has TWO possible exits. I think they are split between scav and PMC players, but don't know for sure as there is no official info on it by the devs. One is indeed in the cellar where you took the screenshot, but if that did not work, it was probably the other. Which is behind the fence that is behind the gas station. You have to follow the tracks until the gate and stand next to the gate, there's the exit. If the green smoke was on at Old Gas station, at least one of the two should be open.

All in all, I agree the devs have some twisted logic by not explaining such basics. I understand they want a challenge and want you to figure out everything for yourself, but since these extract peculiarities are exceptions and only newbies do not know about them, it puts the newbies at a disadvantage without any learning. Not knowing something does not mean you are not smart. There are many things in this game that punish you this way, that I do not agree with. The fact that the official wiki has not been updated about this is also strange to say the least and the fact that the devs do not directly update it but leave it up to the community. There are also quite some toxic EFT players that openly admit that they want newbies to suffer, I would not be surprised if not updating the Customs extract info on the wiki is one of those examples.

By "10 sec at the door" I mean I ran down the ZB-1011 stairs past the dead body and waited next to the static door, the metal one with the turn handle. I've used that customs exit dozens of times, I know that exit well. I'm not making a mistake as silly as standing outside of the bunker thinking that was the exit, I KNOW I was in the exit zone.

I am 100% definitely sure I tested ZB-1011 and Gas Station and BOTH should have worked.

I'm not a newbie. I know how to exit on customs and especially at 1011 and Gas Station, I've done it countless times. I was inside ZB-1011. I was in the exit zone. It wasn't letting me exit. I was in Gas Station. I was in the exit zone. It wasn't letting me exit.

OK, no offense meant, I just wanted to make sure.

Seems it is bugged, that's pretty bad news, since these bugs are not handled well in my experience, even when reported. I had the same issue with the RUAF extract, but worse: the countdown went back to zero but then nothing happened. Three times in a row, then I died. No joy.

I have experienced '201 Error' consistently since last weekend and over the last week. It was better for a time then got much worse.

This occurs for me only when I exfil, successfully escape a map. When I die, I get EXP and everything accordingly. If I am successful, I get no EXP and no gear if I was SCAV and I don't think I received EXP as a PMC either, pretty sure I hit level 6 last week and have hit it again this weekend.

This weekend 100% of SCAV runs have been 201. And now again this morning, not twenty minutes ago.

It's making it difficult to continue playing as I'm running out of funds :D

I must have lost out on... 100k-300k of profits conservatively! Ouch. All that tasty loot! And I seem to be the only person with a 201 problem in my group.

It may or not be related, but just last night I lost connection to a game. After repeated attempts to reconnect, I returned to the main menu to find my PMC was wounded and all gear was lost. Luckily I was running a duo and my partner killed my frozen person and retrieved my gear.

2 hours ago, 4brkfast said:

I have experienced '201 Error' consistently since last weekend and over the last week. It was better for a time then got much worse.

This occurs for me only when I exfil, successfully escape a map. When I die, I get EXP and everything accordingly. If I am successful, I get no EXP and no gear if I was SCAV and I don't think I received EXP as a PMC either, pretty sure I hit level 6 last week and have hit it again this weekend.

This weekend 100% of SCAV runs have been 201. And now again this morning, not twenty minutes ago.

It's making it difficult to continue playing as I'm running out of funds :D

I must have lost out on... 100k-300k of profits conservatively! Ouch. All that tasty loot! And I seem to be the only person with a 201 problem in my group.

It may or not be related, but just last night I lost connection to a game. After repeated attempts to reconnect, I returned to the main menu to find my PMC was wounded and all gear was lost. Luckily I was running a duo and my partner killed my frozen person and retrieved my gear.

I've been crashing multiple times, matchmaking is taking 10-20 minutes on occasion, I'm dying because everyone else (even level 20s?) is trying to do the same entry-level prapor quests so they all go to the same spot on the map, and overall I haven't broken 300k rubles in my inventory since last wipe.

This is contrary to the last time I played (pre-LABS keycard requirement) where I got up to 2 million rubles at a decent pace, and I'd say had a 35% winrate. The game was difficult but still enjoyable.

Tarkov has gone from "Extremely difficult but stupidly fun" to "Extremely difficult and infuriating" for me. I want to play Tarkov and enjoy it but it seems the game took fifty steps backwards the past few updates and there are even MORE bugs and issues than in the past. Or the biggest issues are happening more frequently. I've been screwed over by the game more times than I can count and I still haven't gotten more than the first Prapor and Therapist quests done.

I really think the "damaged after dying as a PMC" feature is ridiculous, particularly alongside the hideout system. It's exactly like a mobile game where you have to wait several hours to play the game. Fortunately there's no microtransactions, but what the hell is the point of playing if I have to wait several hours to play because some fucker with a mosin cross-mapped me as soon as I spawned? And I don't have the money or random loot required to upgrade my hideout??

• 2 months later...

Well it's April 25 and this bug is still in game. Have had this happen twice now on scav runs. No exit will work. I was loaded this last one actually lived the entire map only to not be allowed to exit. 

Edited to add that both times was trying to exit customs map.

Edited by IIGrimReaperII

• 1 year later...

July 2021 and this is still an issue. Ran Customs last night and had the absolute pick of dorms. I killed the raiders, looted them, looted the whole dorms, got two quest items, survived a PMC's assassination attempt upon exit and killed him, then ran all the way over to zb 1011 with 10 mins left for it to not work. It should always work. 

I then tried running to zb 1013 without having done it before and realized you had to turn the power on with 4 mins left.

I got so pissed I disconnected and then uninstalled the game with no intention of playing until the next wipe, even after the hours of grinding to get to 20 to unlock the flea market and upgrade most of my hideout. I know the game is still in beta and we are testing it, but that was so frustrating to get screwed like that.