Jump to content
Bayboy

Should cigarettes be usable in the raid (POLL)

Cigarette and Lighter in game use?  

59 members have voted

  1. 1. Your thoughts?

    • Yes, this is a good idea.
      46
    • No, this is dumb.
      10
    • This is probably inappropriate to have in the game.
      3


Recommended Posts

Bayboy

Cigarettes and Lighters already exist within the game but serve very little purpose. I think that you should be able to use them within the raid to serve as a sort of weak painkiller or something of the sort. Different lighters like the Zibbo etc. could make the process of applying them (like anyother in game consumable) faster or slower and different packages could carry different amounts of charges. The charge idea could most likey be applied to the lighters too as it would only make sense. And scavs already can spawn with cigarettes in their mouth but that is merely cosmetic, however I think it shows the developers would not be entirely opposed to the idea. I just want to know what everyone thinks about this. I know for some smoking may be taboo/gross but I see it more as a way to diversify what you can take into and do in the raid making things overall more interesting for everyone.

As of current there are these for cigarettes and lighters.

Malboro cigarettes

Wilston cigarettes

Strike cigarettes

Matches

Zibbo lighter

Crikent lighter

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carlader

This is a great idea! Love the idea of making cigs something of value in the game. I always see them around in the game and now they could possibly have more of an effect of just being cosmetic. Also possibly making them rarer and more expensive is something I wouldn't be opposed to. Chou !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tactical_Tracke
9 minutes ago, Bayboy said:

Cigarettes and Lighters already exist within the game but serve very little purpose. I think that you should be able to use them within the raid to serve as a sort of weak painkiller or something of the sort. Different lighters like the Zibbo etc. could make the process of applying them (like anyother in game consumable) faster or slower and different packages could carry different amounts of charges. The charge idea could most likey be applied to the lighters too as it would only make sense. And scavs already can spawn with cigarettes in their mouth but that is merely cosmetic, however I think it shows the developers would not be entirely opposed to the idea. I just want to know what everyone thinks about this. I know for some smoking may be taboo/gross but I see it more as a way to diversify what you can take into and do in the raid making things overall more interesting for everyone.

As of current there are these for cigarettes and lighters.

Malboro cigarettes

Wilston cigarettes

Strike cigarettes

Matches

Zibbo lighter

Crikent lighter

There really isn't a way to implement them that would make any sense. Cigarettes, and by extension Snuff and Chew are often used by Soldiers across the world because they are 1) a familiar habit that helps you de-stress, 2) help you relax (barely).

Nicotine isn't strong enough in that concentration to actually have much of a positive or negative effect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spharic
vor 5 Minuten schrieb Tactical_Fister:

There really isn't a way to implement them that would make any sense. Cigarettes, and by extension Snuff and Chew are often used by Soldiers across the world because they are 1) a familiar habit that helps you de-stress, 2) help you relax (barely).

Nicotine isn't strong enough in that concentration to actually have much of a positive or negative effect. 

true, but still it could help the character "mentally" and de-stress him. i rly like the idea but im not sure if its worth it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tactical_Tracke
Just now, spharic said:

true, but still it could help the character "mentally" and de-stress him. i rly like the idea but im not sure if its worth it

Stress is not something that's represented in the current scale of Tarkov. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spharic

what isnt now, could be later ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OneStep
vor 2 Minuten schrieb Tactical_Fister:

Stress is not something that's represented in the current scale of Tarkov. 

There is - there is even a counter skill called stress resistance.
It can get triggered when under pain - it will result in tremors and blury vision. (It is tied to pain currently)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
d0gday

Cigarettes could be used to calm nerves and steady weapon sway when aiming down sights, or to use the smoke to find and track weapon lasers? Or as suggested a short term painkiller.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vatt84

If you use them it could give you a small buff to stress resistance or reduce the amount of time it takes the tremor effect to wear off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tactical_Tracke
1 hour ago, OneStep said:

There is - there is even a counter skill called stress resistance.
It can get triggered when under pain - it will result in tremors and blury vision. (It is tied to pain currently)

Which would not tie into Nicotine at all. 

But i stand corrected on stress part. was thinking more longterm situational stress than pain stress.

Edited by Tactical_Fister
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Russkie11

I just like it for the realism factor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tactical_Tracke
1 minute ago, Russkie11 said:

I just like it for the realism factor

No one's going to smoke in the middle of a Firefight, or an area with the high potential for a firefight. Smell, light (night) and sound (lighter) will give you away really easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mineace

Whether or not players should be able to smoke, I think you should be able to come across scavs smoking. It'd be good fun to ambush a group of scavs on a smoke break/drinking, unable to immediately return fire as they don't have their weapons in-hand. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Forien

If you get cigs I want vodka and beer. We are in Russia after all! :D 

Also, there are scavs with cigs already! PMC lives matter! We demand cigs too! :D 

 

Anyway, I just wanted to add that this game with all the language (spoken by scavs and PMC), blood etc is probably already R rated, so I don't see why would anyone consider cigs "inappropriate". We are all (hopefully) adults who decided to play game of war, and we are (hopefully) intelligent enough to see this as just a game and don't take it too seriously. So it's not like "we can't have cigs because of kids". Also... I think if anyone would want to point anything inappropriate, then cigs in game like EfT would be the least of an issue :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TechoverMana

I'm voting no, but at the same time, I don't think it's dumb. I just think there's more important things to focus on and having immersion smoking I think is just about one of the last things to bother with.

Not dumb, I get the appeal, it's a good idea and helps the immersion aspect, but I just don't think it's anything close to necessary and would rather have the devs focus on more, practical, mechanics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2