Sign in to follow this  
d0gday

Insurance missions

d0gday

This came up while i was playing with friends doing scav runs. It could be interesting to add objectives to a scav run. Maybe it's 'retrieve a dogtag' or 'bring skier 2 attachments' or 'bring prapor some 5.45 ammo'. Even use prapor's insurance messages as a motive. He's always telling me he's got guys out looking for my dropped gear, so why not actually let the scavs be those guys? You get sent in as a scav to retrieve players insured gear for prapor. But you can't equip or put it in your backpack - insured gear would be designated a quest item and go in that bag so you can't just steal prapor's business.

Obviously there would be a monetary incentive, or even reputation gained (that would carry over to your PMC) for completing tasks to make doing them worthwhile. I just think it could add an interesting element to the gameplay, and give scavs more of a purpose. Or even add a new faction to play (scav, PMC AND collector) and make it an entirely new option for players to choose. That way you can make some cash while you wait for your scav timer to reset.

Thoughts?