necuja

7 Day New Year Feedback

As we have come to the end of our New Year event, we have learned alot from just allowing a heavy load of users into the game for a short period. The only thing missing from this is those users personal feedback of their experience. 

With this post our intention is to gather some personal feedback from those of you who were invited to participate in the event. Some general responses can be as follows:

• What did you like most about your experience?
  • What did you dislike most? (Noting server load as typical issue most faced)
  • What was your overall opinion on EFT in its current state?
  • What changes do you hope to see?

These are just a few ideas, but feel free to expand on these to help us generate a wealth of information to pass over to the development team!

Thank you all for your time and we look forward to the further development of the game with everyone :)

Please Note: This is intended for users who have been playing on a 7 Day Trial Key that was received during the New Year event, not long term players.

• Like 3

3 of my friends who where on trial left after playing 2 hours due to network errors, especially the "packet in=0" bug, but they all enjoyed the gameplay when it worked.

So I picked up the game during the free playtest event.  I have now bought it, along with many of my friends.  I'm a fan of hardcore game with low TTK, minimal hud and gameplay "crutches".  I'm utterly in love with it -- it is fantastic.  That being said, I'm starting to see a few major flaws that I can see really killing my interest it it over time.

Things done well: I won't labour this section too much as we all know why we like the game already. 

1) The gunplay is second to none.  Realistic, challenging, rewarding.  Great stuff.

2) Scavenging mechanic is complicated enough to keep you interested (consider other games where running over a dead corpse auto-filled your ammo.... yuck) yet simple enough not to be cumbersome or frustrating.  Perfectly designed.

3) The inclusion of mixed AI / Player mixes up the gameplay and gives it a presence I haven't felt since.... Battlefront 2 (the old, good one, I might add).  On that note, the AI, when in combat, are smart enough to be interesting to fight in such a mil-sim style game (which is very impressive).  Yesterday I suddenly got opened up on by a player with a suppressed SKS, which was followed by an eruption of gunfire, not at me, from the same direction.  Peeking out of my hole, I found 2 dead AI and one player body in the woods with the final AI left standing over the carnage.  Excellent.

4) The map design is outstanding.  Every square foot has intrigue and complexity.  Crafted to not only look extremely realistic but also play well, no matter where you are.  

Now the bad bits: (and yes, I know some of these may be WiP)

1) The progression system is interesting at first as you manage to accrue some bits and pieces and learn to "make do" with what you can scavenge, but it quickly becomes utterly redundant and dull to try and maintain this style once you progress.  I've only had this game for a few days, having never played it before, and I have an inventory full of all the best kit, and endless supply of scopes and rails and attatchments at my fingertips.  I miss the fear I had when not wanting to lose a Vepr, or a saiga.   Now I lose M4s left right and centre without so much as a second thought.  As PMC, I dont think I will ever use a rifle with ironsights ever again... why would I now?  This is such a shame.

2) The AI could do with just a little work to make them blend in a bit more for immersion's sake.  They are already 100% of the time identifiable as "not a player", given how cardboard-y their actions and movement are.  If thats the case, you may as well give them some idle animations and make them feel more like "AI" and less like "bots".  Have them rummaging through a crate every once in a while, even if they don't take anything. You get my point.

3) Supersoldiers.  Oh.  My.  God.  Ok, I get it: wearing fort armour and an ops core helmet should help protect you, I understand.  But there is a limit, people... and right now there is a perfect storm of gameplay features that is flat out exploited MASSIVELY.  a) Hotkeying meds and painkillers, which take basically no time to apply, and that you can apply while still moving -- hell you can treat a severe gunshot wound while firing back at the enemy!  You should be completely fixed in position, locked in an animation, if treating a wound. You have an animation for unfolding a stock, yet nothing for meds? b) Super heavy armour that makes you a complete bullet sponge, unless, of course, you go for the knees... but, of course, they just hotkey for painkillers so thats completely pointless.  What has been an incredible hardcore experience in the low levels has now become a game of Halo- or Gears of war-levels of bullet sponge.  So utterly let down by the way the gameplay changes like this. c) Grenade spam.  I get it -- How do you counteract the supersoldiers I mention above?  The best way to fight pure cancer is of course to throw 13 grenades at it! This is a bad solution to a bad problem -- its gamey and detracts from what is otherwise fantastic gunplay.  Nerf the supersoldiers and limit, somehow, the grenade spam. d) fort armour should wreck your stamina / sprint speed, and the time to raise your weapon after sprinting should be increased for everyone.  Some of the way youtubers play this makes it seem more "sprinty" and "twitch shooty" than CSGO... this is a hardcore milsim is it not? ... what business has this style got in this game?  Immersion breaking and gameplay breaking.

4) There needs to be a functional, non-"test only" singleplayer mode.  I know the concerns about farming for kit, but in my situation I basically don't care about loot anymore anyway so you could make the SP loot the "bottom of the barrel" stuff.  Just allow us to feel like we want to still search for things to make up ammo, keep our guns on semi rather than full auto, and have the fear of dying in SP.  I want to have an ability to do coop with my friends in a more relaxing environment without the game turning into a HALO TDM round like it has with these higher level players.  Sometimes its fun to all stack up on a corner, breach and clear a room "properly" and feel like you are roleplaying it more than minmaxing your PvP strategy.  The base game mechanics you have created are out of this world, you already have sufficiently challenging AI for this purpose, and yet you lock them in behind PvP walls.  Lots of my friends arent even that big on PvP (many are Arma players).  Moreover, given the Supersoldier problem above, you have to give people who maybe do like PvP the chance to do something else if they start to find it departing from how the game felt in the early levels, or if they fall behind and feel like they dont have the will or resources to take on Master Chief every round.

5) Lastly, the matchmaking.  I have the feeling like you have intentionally created supersoldiers in order for the solo player to have a chance at engaging and defeating a large group. a) that should be down to tactics and not an MMO style of character balancing through "my avatar is just better than your avatar".  b) You should separate the lobbies for solo and group raids entirely, unless, perhaps, there is a checkbox to say "yes, I'm willing to go up against 2 separate groups of 5 people on my own".  I do not play on my own, but some of my friends do, and I am told it can be rather cancerous.  Supersoldiers are NOT the solution to this -- good matchmaking is.

Other than that, bloody well done.  I'm sure these problems I have voiced are not news to you, and you are already shaping the game around this kind of feedback.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

@Kendo I'm glad you like the game. And I'm happy to see someone who thinks alike to me.

As for the flaws you pointed out, I will reply to the best of my knowledge:

1. AFAIK traders are to be reworked and more heavily relied on barter items. I also think (nowhere confirmed) that there will be more trader levels, and progression will be much much slower at release (now it's fast because of often wipes due to major version updates).
  2. Well, I was totally mindblown when they added that scavs started to having conversations (like, they broke their patrols to stay in front of each other and startet talking). But I agree, it would be nice to see them more "alive", but I don't think it's that urgent
  3. With proper ammunition you can tear down Fort with 3-4 bullets with 4th or 5th being lethal. Also, you can oneshot enemy with new helmet with 7.62x51 M80 round
    • Meds, food and drink animations are confirmed. Earlier you could hotkey 4x IFAKs and use 4 at once. Now you can't use two items at once. Slowly, but steady we are going for the right direction
    • I never encountered the problem of "grenade spam". Maybe few times in my history I was being targeted by 2 frags at once, but it was by two different people. 
    • Fort armor slows your run/walk speed and your turning speed by itself. Also it weights a lot. When you are encumberedm your run speed is further slowed and you also lose stamina faster. It's in the game
    • Yes, people play this CoD-y style and I don't like this, but it's because:
      • dying doesn't mean anything in the long run, you just loose some gear you can easily replace
      • incredibly low raid timer (50 minutes for Customs/Shoreline, 40 for Woods... ffs...) enforces rushing and penalizes tactical, slow gameplay
      • if you are not fast, you get no loot
      • I hope they will fix this
  4. They said there will be no PvE (SP nor Co-op). Any discussion on this is instantly locke out
  5. Again - there is no such thing as supersoldiers. Just take your AK-74 or AKM/VPO-136/SKS, load up BS/BT/BP rounds and aim for the head. They will pop like popcorn. Also, Fort guys are slower, so easier to hit. 
Edited by Forien
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Re. the use of appropriate ammo and fort armour not being that helpful: Yes, I use AP ammo...steel core at the minimum.  I shot someone with Fort 5 times in the chest from an SKS, maybe one leg/stomach at a push, and another 3 in his legs.  All he needed to do was duck behind his rock, spam his hotkeys and away he went, killing my 4 other friends who all traded multiple, and I mean 10+, shots with him.  I'm prepared to accept that there is no such thing as a supersoldier only if you are telling me this guy was in fact hacking.  Even then, I've had awfully similar experiences already.  Its one problem or the other, I'm afraid.

Its a very big shame about SP/Coop.  They literally have all the ingredients there in the beta, all they need to do is put them together.  I think that is a big mistake and a great shame, but I won't fight a dying cause.

Re. grenade spam.  Im stunned that you have not encountered this...? 20% of the time when I enter a raid I can count 10+ frags going off in the first 20 seconds alone.

Lastly, my point about Groups vs Solo and matchmaking I think still stands, even if we disagree about supersoldiers.

Cheers for the response.

6 minutes ago, Kendo said:

Re. grenade spam.  Im stunned that you have not encountered this...? 20% of the time when I enter a raid I can count 10+ frags going off in the first 20 seconds alone.

This phenomena are players who are "training" their strenght, cause every nade you trow gives you +1 strenght

What did you like most about your experience?

The thrill, jumpscares and just the unknown of being a fresh player and being afraid you'll lose all your equipment when you die.

now that i'm getting a bit more experience the jumpscares become fewer and it's more the tension that causes it.

What did you dislike most? (Noting server load as typical issue most faced)

Matching times, goes without saying.  2 minute waiting time should really be the maximum.

Skier quest nr.1, who's idea was it to require end-game loot for this?  fix that please will you

anything to do with woods, can't see poo, can't hear poo, oh hi there scav with x-ray vision coming out of nowhere. not a fun experience killing those 14 scavs. i enjoy the other maps a LOT more.

While the weapon modding is great it's in need of some serious interface improvements. how the hell do i figure out how to fit a sight on a gun with just the ingame resources? trial and error is the only way i think. i've had the wonderful help of the guys in discord and the people that answer posts on this forum.

What was your overall opinion on EFT in its current state?

Really good, there's a few annoyances but i'm addicted at the moment

What changes do you hope to see?

everything listed under dislikes

Scav AI needs a bit of work, sometimes they see what they shouldn't be able to and shoot a bit too accurately while doing so if you ask me.

A shoreline map....plz

Hey,

regarding offline - co-op. Luckily there is one coming and this is my request as well.

Nikita [ Chief Operating Officer - Battlestate Games ] posted in Allow friends to group in offline mode

Originally posted by Draktyr

Hey all,

So I'm getting all my friends into this great game and we all know it's a steep learning curve, which is fine. It's a hardcore game and no we don't need hand holding .... But... Please let us do offline, no loot and no xp gain with friends so we can show them the ropes. I know we can do it in a real game but it's annoying that I can't show a buddy the basic concept of gameplay. There is a lot to learn and figure out

offline peer 2 peer is planned. without progression save

[source]

https://www.reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/7nztbd/allow_friends_to_group_in_offline_mode/ds6c4oe/?context=999#ds6c4oe

I wish there was progression save but just simply when logging you would click "offline / online" and it would get you to two separate characters with separate stashes, traders rep etc.

Regarding 7 day test - two of my friends bought the game after, so I guess it was pretty succesful. One did not get 7day key and as he does not trust early access games he's still waiting for the release. We aviuded peak times and we accepted lags etc. We knew it was a stress test.

Regarding Supersoldiers and Minmaxing, eh.. I do not really like it but it's hard to balance right now. 1 super kited guy can take head on 3 guys with worse gear without problems. It's strange, I still love the game though. Keep up the good work, keep working on performance, and slowly expand maps available, items and keep balancing the game (traders, economy etc).

I'd really like to help with virtual economy once auction houses make it to the game. It is easy to ruin the economy (vide Diablo 3 auction houses). With economic background I have been studying virtual economies little bit.

• Like 1

First let me say that I absolutely love this game & this is completely my first time experiencing such a well designed shooter that realism is unparalleled to all other shooters. With that said let’s get to the bread & butter.

We’ve already laid down how much I enjoy the game overall & how I believe this to be an outstanding overall shooter so for a moment I’ll stick directly to my experience of this past weeks New Years experience. Influx of new players. I felt the difference in gameplay which I believe is amazing. I knew when I played against someone new because of the way they moved & approached situations & to have such a learning curve is astounding brings a lot to he ways I react as a player to specific situations. Same reason I LOVE hatchlings. It’s a different type of danger to address when playing. “Be careful of snipers”, Be careful of run & gunners”, “Quiet/sneaky people”, Lastly, “Be careful of nothing to lose hatchet runners that will position themselves perfectly to take down a maximum geared player with the minimum amount of aggressive weaponry”, amazing aspect.

What did you dislike most? (Noting server load as typical issue most faced). 

Im going to say the obvious, connection issues. Not just the long matchmaking times but the insistent lag that has me find something wrong with every encounter. I see everytime I kill someone they are paused for “1+ seconds” before they respond to my approach letting me know they weren’t aware of my presence which is really sad. & the opposing side of me shooting a player multiple times only to die to someone I had no chance of beating becaus I had been dead in their screen seconds ago. I say this to express that this has been the absolute worst experience I’ve had with lag/desync that I’ve ever had in a gaming experience. It 100% ruins the experience & because of it I’ve put down the mouse/keyboard to hope for improvement (only to pick it back up again because of how awesome this game is) only to pick it back up to experience what seems to be zero improvement. To see it at his level only makes me second guess if it’s actually possible to fix it. I know no developer wants their game in a state like this so the only thing I think is, “Oh, they ‘can’t’ fix it. They don’t have a solution.” & I’ve seen Friends (multiple) put down the game because of this & refuse to play (because they can’t have fun because of the intense repercussions of losing battles unfairly). I have faith that things will get tremendously better but this experience leaves me with the question of, “Can it get better?”.

Another thing I want to mention is the “gift giving”. Speaking directly to the keybars/m4’s that we’re gifted. Not sure if that’ll be the norm in regards to generosity in this game but giving such a key component to what we as players have to fight for is drastic in regards to taking away reasons to play the game. For example that item is one of the best items that I can come across & now I just had my first one given to me which takes out one of the main reasons to go hunting into the pockets of my enemies. This game seems to be based on how many inventory cells can I condense from many, to few with items I get from raids. That’s what people fight for the most (arguably). So giving the community this item just gimped their play experience. Now I realize this is just a beta & if this kind of thing won’t be implemented into the real game then cool but it’s something that should be watched & cautioned.

Overall opinion, amazing game. Just amazing!!! SOOOOOOO much fun. Even better with friends. Intense! Rewarding!!! High ‘highs’ (low ‘lows’)!!! I’ve never had a game that made me think to myself, “What else can they add to make it better” only to hear rumors of things planned & think how great & bold the ideas are. I’m eststic to see what Battlestate has waiting for us.

Ther’re some pretty big changes this tid like to experience. Here are some that come to mind:

1) First & foremost, this game can be made or broken with balance issues such as too much money thrown to players, too much loot availability, too many high end items available on demand, richer the player, better the rewards, etc. Things like this have to have balance (almost a berfect balance) in order to peak this games success. Im looking forward to see how that balance takes change

2) One thing that I (personally) care about the most is keybinds. It may seem like it’s not a serious but in a game like this where there’re a million actions that must be performed & the goal is to perform them quickly & accurately is drastically important for us as the user to be able to customize how we want to perform those actions. I’ve taken the time to write a reddit post about the potential greatness this game could have with the ability to keybind specific abilities/actions in a manner in which makes sense (linked below). Imagine being able to assign an action to a “Press”,“Hold” or “Double tap” of a button & being able to modify those actions as you see fit. Being able to “check mag”, “time” & “Fire rate” all with the same key instead of assigning hem to multiple keys wasting much needed space on your keyboard. This may seem like a small issue when thinking about it but it can make or break an experience if done incorrectly. I explain that in this upcoming link/post.

I believe it’s great that you developers are looking for this kind of feedback & hope you continue to consider the thought of your playerbase. I appreciate what you do!

Edited by LionSon

I enjoyed the sound and feel of the game, the more realistic and tense atmosphere created, even without loot as a hatchling the game is still tense as hell and honestly I think the biggest contributor to this is the sound. Across the maps you hear gunfights and grenades are horrifying, 10/10.

What did you dislike most? (Noting server load as typical issue most faced)

I think the map design sucks ass on Customs (the map I played the most). For me it's because you force players to go certain ways. No matter what you do you, you must go along the main road past UN Checkpoint to get to the boiler Z exits (notably if you don't have the key for the shortcut). This kind of design is understandable as you want to extend the map but it forces bottlenecks and confrontations and allows a decked out player or two to simply farm out any poor soul who spawned customs side and this sucks. Try to consider other ways of designing future maps without simply forcing players to go certain ways through arbitrary walls. It's also worth noting that certain escapes are completely useless. Who even goes to old gas station? There's no point in going to it since if you have gone past US checkpoint or took the shortcut it's easier to get to the Z- exits rather than go to old gas since aimbot scavs almost always spawn there.  

It's a diamond currently coated in poo. Even though the game is nowhere near your long term goal with a story etc it's still incredibly fun to play but there's still so much crap present. At this point it's mostly little tweaks that need to be made and I'm certain this game will get far. I will continue playing for sure but at the moment it can get frustrating when you spawn in to see lost connection, shoot someone and nothing happens, you and your friend loot a body and things just glitch out since two people can't loot at once or one after the other too quickly. It's just the little things. 

Networking (doors opening late for other players causing death to someone you can't see yet and other weird poo like this).

Hit detection (you hit some hatchling multiple times with a pistol and nothing happens or you get 2 hits according to the game despite seeing 4 hits from bloody splatters).

Hatchling rebalancing (they're necessary in the game but at the moment a little too powerful, I like the way you've made helmets easy to buy but possibly making the axe get lost when dying unless insured and adding a crappy starting knife which cannot get lost with lower range instead might work which would allow knife runs but with less lethality). 

Game makes me feel like a complete and utter noob, walk around poo scared and there is a possible heartattack around every corner for me :-)

What did you dislike most?

Walking around with constant heartattacks, hard to play the game for hours on end without big breaks for me.

I think my opinion is to much based on the skill i dont have, game seems a little to hard.

Better  Scav AI (less hard lol)

Make it easier to see who is a scav and if that scav is a player or AI

A ranked system where noobs like me can fight against people of our own skill and maybe easier scav's

Dont get me wrong, the "hardness" of the game is also one of its great features.

• Sad 1

i did not like my fps so low i do have a low end pc. but other people i play with had the same problem and thye got better pc and dieing out of nowhere whee im desync from everyone they all standing still

I love the game. I will likely buy it and recommend it to my friends, but not until it is properly polished. There are issues that can be really off putting to a new player, which I had to overcome.  

First, the complete lack of tutorials and training. You go in your first raid and you don't know what to do: where you are, who is the enemy, you don't know at all about needing to extract, and you won't ever find the right exctraction spot without googling it. Not to mention the complexity of weapons operation - even the options screen doesn't tell you (or so it seems to me) about mechanics like blindfire, checking your mag or switching modes on your tactical attachment. 

Lucky for me, I kept my eye on the game for a while before getting access; I watched streams, used wiki a lot, and spent at least 30 raids in offline mode (god bless offline mode). But this absolutely shouldn't be necessary just to know the basics.  

Desync and poor servers are the next big problem. I was close to quitting the game after repeatedly losing loot to invisible scavs, silent bullets and teleporting players. I thought those were cheaters until I read about the issue on social networks.

The last issue I can think of is optimization. My PC is pretty average (i5@330hz, GTX770@2GB VRAM, 8GB RAM). During my first raids I had lots of stuttering and bad framerate (@ customs) and I had to stand still for a few minutes while the map loaded, just to be able to play. I don't know if this was actually caused by my PC specs, or bad netcode and server load, because ever since I play on minimal settings during slack hours (late night and morning) when servers aren't so loaded.

Also, quests need tweaking. I was just hours away from failing Skier's first task when I found my first ever Kiver. New players don't know where to look for those, they don't have the gear or skill to farm scavs for ages, risking their scarce loot every time, for just a small chance to find the damned helmet.
I still haven't completed the "Delivery from the past" Prapor quest because I can't find the office key.
And timed killing quests are not fun at all, unless "fun" means grinding factory non-stop to you, which feels like a deathmatch more than hardcore survival.

Everything else is enjoyable - like I said, I love the game. I find the combat to be fun and balanced (disregarding the desync), loot is easy enough to get once you have the right keys, and I learnt to cope with scavs breaking my legs all the time. Thank you for the game, BSG.

Edited by Lambbda

I gave my 7day trials away to mates. One tried  the game and the other forgot about it.

The one played once and not again. The hit-lag and not having any idea of where the extraction is and what is happening where big negatives.

catering for the masochistically hardcore is one thing. But making the experience not off putting is important as well.

• Upvote 1

>What did you like most about your experience?

The new Shoreline was where 90% of my time has gone. The dynamic extractions and whatnot really help prevent chokepoint camping, while also encouraging player interaction (murder).

>What did you dislike most? (Noting server load as typical issue most faced)

Server load, yeah. That was brutal. I think that the stepping noises are really too much as well, as others have mentioned. No boots in the world are THAT noisy, unless you keep bubble wrap in a multi-layered wooden boot or something.

>What was your overall opinion on EFT in its current state?

Pretty enjoyable for hardcore realists, but still has a way to go in regards to hit registering and desync before it becomes capable of handling mainstream demands while still staying true to its vision.

>What changes do you hope to see?

Improved connection-related/desync-related fixes. Reduction of stepping sounds (it's ridiculous at this point). More maps, for sure. Maybe more variety of weaponry from traders at basic levels, and just in general as well? Even in Russia you'd think there would be dozens of models of consumer arms available for private citizens, at least. I'd like to have some choices besides Makarovs, MR-133/153's, SKS's, consumer Vepr's, and Saigas at the basic levels. You'd think some Mosin-Nagants or other cheap, military-surplus firearms would be present. A lot of your players are firearms collectors and would appreciate that. But I'm glad the developers are focusing on delivering quality before spreading their resources into quantity. :) So this is a good path you're taking.

Edited by BrunoJL4

Introduction

First of all i would like to say THANK YOU for making a game that really stands out from all the other general FPS and RPG shooters. You guys have really slapped triple A titles out of the water with the visually stunning graphics and amazing gun play. As soon as i heard about this game i was hooked. I watched videos over and over and over until i finally had the courage to purchase the EOD edition as i was scared this will be just another DayZ but let me tell you IT'S not. This game has so much potential that it is legit unthinkable of what you could do with this game.

The first time i loaded the game up i went straight into factory, blown away by the visuals, I walked around with my hatchet looking at all the tiny insane details you guys have done, only to be shot point blank in the face by someone with a AKM as soon as i opened office door. I loved it, i couldn't get enough of it. Factory over and over getting blown to bits, i was loving it. Eventually that love grew old and found myself doing quests and grinding for levels and actually playing the game - Speaking of quests, who ever came up with that idea needs a raise as it is so god damn good (Agreeing to the Skier first quest, it is stupid). I love how if you have had enough of being spawn camped you can do quests to separate the PvP into a more RPG Skyrim style quest hunting.

Next is the god damn weapon modding. I mean come on! How good is it? It needs a lot of work/changes but the idea is fantastic!

The music. The holy grail of soundtracks in a video game. NOTHING beats EFT's soundtrack.

The factions. I love the faction idea so well done and thought out.

AI being more like players. This is really well done but neeeeeeeds alllllloooootttt of work. 

There is so much more that i loved that you would have heard a thousand times but these are just the most standing out ones to me.

Please stop the AI from being anymore powerful. It reminds me of Arma3's AI. If you have ever played Arma3 then you will know what i am on about, seeing you through walls, knowing your location from hundreds of meters away when you have a ghillie and suppressor at night time, having aimbot that is better than CS:GO's hacks and being extremely dumb but have 500iq when it comes to shooting guns and knowing your location. This is almost identical to EFT's AI, I understand you're trying to make them very much like players but not every player has a code that programs them to instantly lock onto your feet or head and know your exact location, I have clips of a AI Scav shooting me through a rock, tree and another tree that i was behind it just makes everyone go "what?" Either change them drastically or tone down their 500iq gunplays and make them feel more realistic. 

How cheap everything is. The grind in a game like this needs to be alot more than just grinding for a few hours and being max level with everyone level 3. I mean i was level 13 and had nothing in my EOD stash, so i spawned factory as a hatchling and managed to have a full stash of m4's, akm's and level 3 most traders in just a few hours - This needs to be changed. I want to grind for days even weeks to be able to have the best of the best. I don't want to spawn as a Scav, kill another Scav, take his loot, come back to extraction, sell those things and then be able to buy a full m4 plus attachments and ammo? i want to grind for this, i want it to be a rewarding experience not just a hand out. 

Modding. Yes its amazing, better than most games. BUT there is no information its just pure trial and error and very confusing where everything goes. I also want to be able to turn my Colt M4 into a DDM4 or turn it into a Bushmasters AR etc. I like having a base gun and then making it my own - This is just pure for my self and not really an issue but it would just make a gun unique and not just the same, That way when i go out on a raid with it i will actually feel scared of losing it because of how long it took me to build. I also hated the fact that i couldnt move my scope down along the attachment rail and it was forced to be right at the end of the m4, This should be changed so that i can move my reflex down the long 8 inch attachment rail. This would add more purpose to the keymods also. 

The very very big bugs like when two people pick something up or if you picked something up too quick it starts to flash in your inventory and that space becomes nothing. People not being in sync with everyone else so everyone is just frozen, This is annoying and happens all the time. MAJOR DE-SYNC please fix! Match times. 

Mouth watering and dropping. I prefer to play this game in its current state than any other game i have (i have over 300 triple A titles). Yes it has its fair share of bugs and issues but the amount of detail you put into something is f***ing insane! I absolutely cant get enough of it. Bravo! 

Better Scav AI

MORE WEAPONS PLEASE! and i mean like a sh*t ton more! You cant have a good gun game with the lack of weapons. I would love to see so much more come in! (Special request is to add the DDM4 or JACK carbine series as not a single game has that and im craving it especially in this game)

Sever improvements, Bug fixes 

Stash sorting - This is a big big big thing that needs to be changed. We need to have something that can just sort our stash for us as it takes hours to sort everything. 

Please for the love of god add character customization. Sick of staring at my USEC characters bald head and having everyone look the same.

More maps :D 

(*EDIT* - Played 7 day then bought EOD)

Edited by MrDoodleMan

7 minutes ago, MrDoodleMan said:

want to grind for days even weeks to be able to have the best of the best.

maybe not 'weeks' lol 

Edited by iiBerserK
  • Upvote 1

Having played the 2 previous games by this company (Contract Wars and Hired Ops) it was quite refreshing to see a game mode other than DM/TDM. Moving tactically around the map fragging/looting players, and looting containers can be a blast. The weapon modification is superb. This is the first fps game I've come across that actually surpasses the modding capabilities of Blacklight Retribution...big kudos for that.

The weapon collision system is also great, you have to be mindful of barrel length and your surroundings. 

The gun-play wasn't great, but it wasn't an absolute dumpster fire either.  I'd say somewhere in the middle to lower-middle. This will hopefully improve, if/when the developers manage to fix the lag, desync and obvious server performance/stability issues in general.

Pumping 3 rounds point blank into the chest/head of an unarmored hatchling, and dieing...is rather silly. To me, EFT lacks realistic suppression and player damage effects. Legs blown?  Just pop some painkillers or morphine and you can easily still sprint across the map to the exit.  lol 

I don't see the real point of the different factions in the current version of the game. USEC, Bear or Player-Skavs...it doesn't matter, just kill everything that moves on sight or you'll get fragged yourself. On the plus side, it was great to see the ability to group up with your friends before entering a raid, can definitely offer an advantage over solo players and Skavs. We could practically own Factory, Customs and Woods when 4 or more of us spawned in together, as maps are really limited when it comes to player numbers.

Another hold-over from the previous 2 games is the implementations of "skills".  I personally don't think this belongs in a so-called realistic Mil-Sim type game, but that's the developers choice. Our group went on a night raid and found a player with a tri-zip and vest full of nothing but meds. I was told they were "leveling up" their resistance skill. Rather stupid to me, but at least I didn't have to buy meds for awhile.  :)

Speaking of advantages. The higher priced "preorder" packages offer a distinct advantage over the lower priced ones, when it comes to raid loot storage space and ease of leveling up traders. Sure, you can sell raid loot to maintain space management...but you do so at a loss. Yes a standard edition player can grind the hell out of the game and (eventually) buy the storage cases, but so can EOD edition players. So there will always be an advantage for the higher priced packages. Not pay-2-win (anyone can lose their gear) but certainly pay for advantages and less grinding.

EFT definitely has an interesting concept that could be damned fun, if it wasn't marred by the current development state of the game.  It's advertised as a Beta, but the lack of basic features being even remotely finalized and developers mainly focusing on optimization, this feels more like an alpha to me.

One thing rather troubling to me, this is the 3rd game by this company on the Unity Engine...and they all had/have server issues. Maybe it's the engine, maybe it's just not a current development priority...but I'm going to wait and see if all the issues get fixed before I consider pulling the trigger on this one.

Bottom line, EFT could eventually be an absolute blast if the multitude of issues/bugs/glitches and performance problems are ironed out in the future.

• Like 2

The moment that scares the poo out of you because you didn't expect gunfire. 

The visuals and the gunplay. 

The indept loot system in terms of weapons, ammo, attachments. 

High reward gameplay as you get to extract with nice loot. 

PPL that are obviously 200% awared on like everything. No way you could suprise such a player. 

Shooting at a hatchling 5 times and still get killed by him because a bullit to his chest doesn't do poo to his movement. 

Full geared players that are stuffed out with unlimmited M4 and Forts complaining on the forums the game needs to have more grind.. 

Buy a night vision and go on woods just to get a straight 50m headshot by a shotgun scav that obvious has been raised to hunt at night.. at least I might get it back..

Skier.. I hate that guy hope he hit's a tree. Mostly because of his first quest. 

Trading items that are out of stock ?! ... gj 

I would love to see different modes of the game. If ppl complain about it beeing to easy as it is well they should get some hardcore mode wich fits in for their needs. Maybe coupled with leader boards or something like that. More casual players like me should still be able to enjoy this game and never ending grind would just make me stop playing it. 

Someone gets hit in his chest should't be able to run like a maniac, it feels like impact never happend. 

Changes on bot behaviour. Not much but slightly. Some bot headshots are just crazy. 

The Quest on Skier should be changed. Not everyone is able to get Forts as easy as some ppl claim it is to do. I can't stay in factory long enough to get one and even if there is some. Well let's say I'm not the only one trying to get it. 

Items shouldn't get out of stock. I don't understand why this is a thing. 

Unlimited stash and the same gamma container for everyone would be just fair in my opinion. 

Healing should lock you in place while you can't handle your gun and heal at the same time. 

Fort armor.

The game's reputation will single handedly be ruined by it - If you're looking for a hardcore fantasy rpg, it might be up your alley... if you want to buy the end game content from the start.

I wish I knew this before purchasing the game. I feel completely misled by the development team. For the devs, here you go:

https://www.ar500armor.com/

For anyone who hasn't played Tarkov, you probably know what a chest rig is. Mags go in the pouches, plate insert goes in the carrier. Basic 101 stuff... and the devs somehow got it wrong... terribly wrong.

When you're preparing your PMC Operator's loadout, checking out your expensive weapon mods, optics, electronics, grabbing your mags, putting them in your chest rig, your medical supplies, your food, water, etc, you'll notice that you can't find any of those cheap 75 dollar plates from AR500 armor to put in your carrier...

Sorry to spoil it for you, but this is where Tarkov becomes a run of the mill video game:

• ...there are no plate inserts in Tarkov. Instead there's a stereotypical, rare, end-game fantasy rpg item called 'fort armor'
    (which you get plenty of if you pay more preordering the game).

Yes, a mundane plate insert single handedly outshines and outclasses every other piece of equipment, or even mechanic, in the game.

• That medical system isn't nearly as useful or enjoyable without it
  • You're far more likely to lose that gun you enjoyed modifying when you're practically naked to any rifle fire
  • You'll likely lose that entire loadout you set up when you run into someone in fort armor, not only because you have no armor to stop rifle rounds, but because that shotgun can't hit their face if they're wearing a helmet. You can shoot their legs, but they'll absorb that punishment and use their medical supplies after hitting you with a couple of shots while hosing you down with their rifle.

In the mean time, enjoy hatchet runs if you think your armor is at the next vendor level (it's not), and you'd better hope that you can headshot every single person in the squad if you run into someone with fort armor without getting hit twice. Maybe if you do that, you'll get a single piece and you too can enjoy everything this game has to offer.

This could easily be solved by purchasing armor just as one would purchase magazines, their vest, etc. Plate inserts aren't expensive and turning them into a mythical item shatters the immersion of the game.

If you're worried that shotguns and handguns will become useless if everyone has armor, then you understand why it's a problem. Fix the hitboxes because that 10x12 plate doesn't make you immune to gunfire.

Here you go:

https://www.ar500armor.com/
please spend 1/50th of the time spent on weapons modification, on the existence of plate carriers and armor.

---Also, anyone who played the trial: The people left are stuck with the large number of players who bought all of their fort armor from the start. The maps are filled with them.

Edited by JD991

I've been following the game for 2 (2015) year. I want to try too much. Where can I get a 7 day trial key? I want to test it on my computer and then buy it.
I am excitedly waiting :)

Edited by gamervet

Beside the desync, long matching time, desync, silent nades, desync, silent shots, desync, server connection lost and desync... i'd say it was ok?