Spectator6

Ability to manage character, trade, review maps during matchmaking

While joining a server, during the matchmaking period, it would be nice if we could manage our character, trade, and/or review our maps. By allowing players to initiate matchmaking first, the 5 minutes they spend "housekeeping" their character could be 5 mins closer to getting in game. As it stands now, players must do this before joining a server.

Thoughts? Improvements?

• Upvote 1

This is a great idea.

It would be very much appreciated to be able to observe your character's gear during matchmaking, or to do some trading and organize your stash. But I guess it may not work so well to be able to change the PMC's gear or to transfer items to and from character and stash.

So maybe there could be an indicator somewhere on the screen that you are matching, and then when it is ready, the "DEPLOYING" screen could gradually fade into view and you would start the game.

Additionally, I think it would be a great idea to be able to see the characters of the other people on your group, and see their character's inventory.

Furthermore, what about having a temporary stash, say 10 x 10, that everyone in the group can use to transfer items into and out of during the matching time.
Of course, when players trading is fully implemented, this may become a redundant feature... I personally want the player to player flea
market / trading to come sooner than most other features.

• Like 1

I particularly love your idea for the temporary shared stash that grouped players can contribute to and take from. That would be great!

Would be nice indeed. I got an even better idea, when we're getting a hideout/shooting range, why not allow us to keep walking around and shooting guns while searching for a match? Wouldn't it be a nice transition?

Though shooting guns while matchmaking would probably waste ammo from our inventory, and no one would want to do that.

Edited by Karakurter

On 1/5/2018 at 9:21 AM, Spectator6 said:

While joining a server, during the matchmaking period, it would be nice if we could manage our character, trade, and/or review our maps. By allowing players to initiate matchmaking first, the 5 minutes they spend "housekeeping" their character could be 5 mins closer to getting in game. As it stands now, players must do this before joining a server.

Thoughts? Improvements?

The plan is not to always have 5 minute matchmaking time so what you say is one good idea but remember that you should not be matching for 5 minutes and this is a temporary issue that will be changed.

4 minutes ago, Karakurter said:

Though shooting guns while matchmaking would probably waste ammo from our inventory, and no one would want to do that.

Yes, who would be shooting things randomly? Also, this doesn't go with the plan at hands for the Hideout feature which is a visual representation of the game. Is it even realistic to randomly shoot when loading? Maybe something else but not that.  :)

FYI, ammo is not consumed when shooting at the shooting range located in the Hideout. Or else, players would not utilize it.

I wouldn't use the term realism to describe that, but a time-saving process when searching for a match (let's not forget that this is a game after all) however if like you say they plan on improving match search times then these suggestions are useless.

@Natalino Thank you for replying that makes perfect sense! I can confirm that I am now consistently joining  within 90 seconds.

Excited to hear more about the Hideout feature! What you have released so far sounds very well done :thumbs_up: