Sign in to follow this  
RedEliteDomain

What does it take to die/kill? Plus how does armour work?

RedEliteDomain

Hey guys, so a couple of basic questions. (At least I think they're basic, also I'm a relatively new player)

So first what does it take to kill/die in this game, I've read lot's of things but really trying to dig deep here. From my understanding if you black out head or chest you die/kill (I've also read that you need to hit the blacked out head/chest one more time after it's blacked out in order to actually kill, looking for confirmation on that), if you black out stomach you don't kill but lose all your hydration. Then if you black out any limbs any damage done to those limbs is evenly distributed among all other parts (also apparently does double damage, confirm?). So can you kill via blacking out limbs (for example blacking out 3 limbs instead of head or chest kills)? Or is the only way to black out head or chest? 

Now how does armour work? I'm mainly concerned with what happens when you hit but don't penetrate, and when you hit but do penetrate. So for example, hit but no penetration = 0 damage, hit but with penetration = X damage reduced by 20% for example (reduction because you're wearing armour)? Final question is regarding helmets and if your face in game is considered to be armoured? Or can I shot someone in the face while they have a helmet and headshot? Also do backpacks/rigs provide any type of protection?

HTX

You can find some more in depth damage system information here,

I can't find the information at the moment so if anyone else has it on hand, there is some extensive information regarding armour and what occurs with each type when it's hit (but not penetrated.) I do know off hand that "fort" reduces the risk of effects of rounds penetrating or not. (light weapons, as that is what the armour is designed for.)

I've read before that the face "hitbox" isn't modeled in the game yet, but for how true that is, is up to debate. I've had varying experiences with helmets and firing on enemies with helmets, sometimes you one tap them and others it takes more than a few rounds. (Keep in mind this could be chalked up to de-sync and other issues though.)