DawNoFd3aTh

Quality of life changes

DawNoFd3aTh

To BattleState Games,

As a purchaser of standard edition I am very pleased with this product; however, as I get into later game activities and acquire rarer loot my stash size has become a huge issue. The standard stash size is uncomfortably small when using larger items. The most annoying part of this I've found is the loot transfer after a successful scav raid. Coming out with a large amount of loot which I plan to mostly sell or use on my PMC in a particularly risky raid is a nightmare. As is, you have to transfer all items you wish to keep from your scav into the stash, even if I just want to sell it. This means that while I can fill my already small stash to capacity with some key items, I need room to transfer scav loot. I understand needing to have incentive to purchase the expanded editions, but the best part of the game (getting loot) has become a chore. Two easy fixes I've come up with, utilizing even one would make a great bit of difference. Either make it possible to sell things straight from the item transfer through a separate transition stash, or treat the scav inventory the same as insurance claims or quest rewards and allow players to return to the transfer. To avoid exploitation of the scav inventory, have the scav loot only available for a designated amount of time or force the player to either transfer or discard the scavs inventory before going on another scav raid. While I plan on buying the next tier up after the wipe, this would still help streamline loot management.

zpwarrior
8 minutes ago, DawNoFd3aTh said:

To BattleState Games,

As a purchaser of standard edition I am very pleased with this product; however, as I get into later game activities and acquire rarer loot my stash size has become a huge issue. The standard stash size is uncomfortably small when using larger items. The most annoying part of this I've found is the loot transfer after a successful scav raid. Coming out with a large amount of loot which I plan to mostly sell or use on my PMC in a particularly risky raid is a nightmare. As is, you have to transfer all items you wish to keep from your scav into the stash, even if I just want to sell it. This means that while I can fill my already small stash to capacity with some key items, I need room to transfer scav loot. I understand needing to have incentive to purchase the expanded editions, but the best part of the game (getting loot) has become a chore. Two easy fixes I've come up with, utilizing even one would make a great bit of difference. Either make it possible to sell things straight from the item transfer through a separate transition stash, or treat the scav inventory the same as insurance claims or quest rewards and allow players to return to the transfer. To avoid exploitation of the scav inventory, have the scav loot only available for a designated amount of time or force the player to either transfer or discard the scavs inventory before going on another scav raid. While I plan on buying the next tier up after the wipe, this would still help streamline loot management.

No need to do any of that when you will be able to expand your stash size through in game means.

DawNoFd3aTh
Just now, zpwarrior said:

No need to do any of that when you will be able to expand your stash size through in game means.

I understand that in the future you can yes but this is a relatively easy system to implement in the short term and even with max stash it would make selling and transferring loot alittle less tedious.

zpwarrior
3 minutes ago, DawNoFd3aTh said:

I understand that in the future you can yes but this is a relatively easy system to implement in the short term and even with max stash it would make selling and transferring loot alittle less tedious.

Just seems like a waste of time for them to focus on right now, when naturally in their development plan it will be taken care of. Especially seeing that the scav mode is an alternative mode that isn't the main feature.

Edited by zpwarrior

mrnewbie3127

u will be able to upgrade stash once the devs implement it , you bought the standard edition knowing what it has , so you either upgrade or wait for the stash upgrade via ingame means to be added , 

u can also in the mean time upgrade the traders and buy items and weapon cases that help a lot with space .

chrisragnar

I would not count on it, the system is already pretty much in place sins you get a bigger stash with the other game packs. 

But obviously they would not implement it sins the biggest reason people buy the bigger packs is for the increase in stash size.

mrnewbie3127
2 minutes ago, chrisragnar said:

I would not count on it, the system is already pretty much in place sins you get a bigger stash with the other game packs. 

But obviously they would not implement it sins the biggest reason people buy the bigger packs is for the increase in stash size.

they are implemting stash upgrades as a feature later on , they are also adding a hideout that u can upgrade as well , i would advise new players to read up a bit more on the game and upcoming features , 

the medical system is going to change you wont be able to just run and spam healing packs ,u wont be able to reload mag in 1 second they are adding animations to a lot of the things that we take for granted ,any damage you take in one raid will carry over to next , you will be needing to look after yourself a lot better (looking at you hatchet runners) 

Moonzone

Yeah iam looking also at you: hatched runners.

Must be boring to do that over and over and over again!

nuckingfuts
12 hours ago, DawNoFd3aTh said:

To BattleState Games,

I personally think that the stash size is very underwhelming, i currently play with 2 people that purchased the standard edition and were having trouble to manage their items like you mentioned yourself in the quote, you also mentioned yourself that you see why, and the incentive for bigger packages is more then reasonable, however.. i think it's at a fine spot apart from one key element: Collectables a.k.a 'Trader Trading Recipes'.

I'm fully aware it's rather annoying having to transfer items over of your succesfull raid - into a packed inventory, in some cases nearly impossible. however since you mentioned that you are currently coming across higher end gear, i do asume you've leveled the traders quite a bit aswell, and didn't treat the game as any other FPS game out there. Ones you leveled up the traders by a reasonable increment you practically have all you need for your raid at the press of a button given you have enough money to spend.

Now i understand this might come across like a troll since i own my own EOD package, but i can tell you im level 30 currently and i only use about half of my inventory space, and thats with about 3 pilgrims (35slots per.) full of collectables - given i have the space i have no need to cut down on my usage, however; i easily could reduce that by alot. Armours, rigs, ammo, clips, medical equipment, all accessable pre-raid by simply going over to the trader and purchase your needs.

What i personally do agree on like i mentioned earlier, is the Trader Trading Recipes that standard package users that play consistantly have to store, not only because that's one of my "complaints'' but simply because there is no room for you guys to store it, which is confirmed by my friends that own the packages and the one that actually switched to EOD because of it.

I do not see a workaround for that in particular since you cannot sell the collectables and get the item you need on demand in return, whenever you see fit. you NEED to store it. That alone gets quite rediculous after about a week into a game. (gold chains come to mind for one.) for this reason alone i have to agree with the underwhelming space standard users have to deal with.

As far as a fix... i wont dulge into it further then suggesting to make them either stackable, or making a small inventory for them like they do for the quest-items, but i have not given this much thought, just something that quickly came to mind.

Take note that i have alot more to say on the matter, but quickly rampaged over it to spare people by going to elaborate.
So in short, i understand, but i think the high incentive for a bigger package as is - is perfectly fine, if changed to bigger Inventory space by any methods mentioned in the thread, i think they'll lose to much of an influx in terms of people buying bigger packages.

R.

Edited by nuckingfuts
  • Upvote 1