Smoerble

Info: impact of muzzle break, silencer, scopes on stats of weapons

Smoerble

Hi all,

I started to compare the effect of muzzle breaks, silencers, RDS and scopes (and front grips, modified stocks etc) in one image. I am aware, that this info is available for each item in the wiki. 

But here I want to show you the overall impact, if you combine typical attachments on weapons.

You see the stats from 

• the unmodified versions of the AK- and AKS-series (long and short version with foldable stock)
  • versions with muzzle break, silencer, stock modification, front grip
  • different scopes

I think, this is a great demonstration, why we all love this game so much: there's a significant difference between longer/heavier weapons and lighter versions, each attachment has an effect on the recoil and there is even a difference, if you place an RDS on the front or the back of a weapon!

Link to bigger-than-a-screen version:

http://www.bombrats.com/eft-scopes/eft-attachments-recoil-velocity-impact-bombrats-04/

I might create more images like this, please drop a line, if you have ideas how to improve this.

image.thumb.png.b99e7528f431000d33510e0da2a9776a.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

nuvix

Awesome! :) Thanks for this!

Might be an idea to do it per weapon class? As in AK74 vs AKM vs M4 or every weapon individually?

Regards nuvix

Smoerble

That's exactly what I want to know: either I compare accross weapon classes (AKs vs M4s etc) or I compare it as you suggest. 

Edited by Smoerble

oldirty

Hm, I think comparing weapons by their ammo type would be reasonable. Currently only the velocity changes, but in future it will also have an impact on accuracy and recoil.

So I think it would make sense to compare all ammo types with their respective weapon and then maybe make a cross comparison for reasonable weapons like ak47 vs ak74 vs m4.

Hmm. mhmm, lots of work. Have fun xD

Ps: These stats are all from unloaded weapons?

Edited by oldirty

Pogny

stock are pretty important to compare recoil

muzzle velo depends ammo, too hard to cross compare m4/ak !

but thats a good job you made !

Smoerble

@Pogny : I understand, that you cannot compare wepaons from different caliber types normally. But for beginners I think it's very helpful, to have a direct comparisson between them, so I made the image below.

@oldirty: I like the idea (ammo types only).

New screenshot:

Unmodified weapons: M4A1, AK-74N, AKS-74U/UN, AKMN/AKM, AKMS, Vepr KM .

image.thumb.png.55c203b0267248cae7df7bc7da04c587.png

Edited by Smoerble

Smoerble

Another pic:

Best loadout with silencers for M4A1, AK-74N and AKMN.

image.thumb.png.e98a0f531a04b840928e7e8e86c5c1ba.png

Want to know, whcih attachment of the AKM is sold by which trader at which level?

Here you go:

EFT-Weapon-AKMN-silenced-01-1024x575.png

Most impact has the front grip. But if you don't have the traders at the levels needed, don't worry, just buy anything similar at a lower level.

Please be aware, that these items are the best combination for the AKMs, for example for the M4A1 you need other stuff for the best result.

Edited by Smoerble
  • Like 1

DanExert

I don't mean to devalue your work in any shape or form, but I feel sometimes that the stats are incorrect with how the weapons actually feel in game.

For example the MP5 shows to have higher recoil than the AK-74N, although (from memory) I feel like the MP5 has way less, and is much more stable as a result.

I would be interested to see what you think if you decide to conduct any testing in-game :)