A suggestion on how to improve Woods and Customs

Hey guys,

this is kind of my first post in this forum so please forgive if I'm making any mistakes. First of all, I'd like to say that i really like EFT. Nonetheless, there are problems occuring lately that are (in my opinion) severely related to the 2 maps Woods and Customs. Many people complained about the new spawn system, which of course is only being tested at the moment and therefore open to change, but I personally think the problems people are refering to have their origin in the state of the two maps. For example, I didn't see anybody complain about Shoreline and Factory even with the new spawn system (the spawns on Factory are still as they were and Shoreline has something that Woods and Customs do not have). The reason why the new spawn system correlates with those 2 maps is that both maps force every player to cross at least one spot where it's easy for other players to punish or to take advantage from. In woods you have to get past the lumberjack camp or cross a road with absolutely 0 cover. Of course this part of the map is quite wide, still it is kind of a coinflip if someone or even a group of players that have good gear are waiting at a certain spot in that area to take advantage of your need to cross there or not. Same with Customs. Everybody has to get past the Bus station and if you don't have a factory key also past the gas station, no matter in which direction you are headed. There are basically no alternatives for you. That's in my opinion the major problem. Shoreline for example does not suffer from that. On Shoreline there are enough places with decent to high loot (fisherman island, Villa, Bus station, weather station, Health resort with several wings just to call a few) and on Shoreline there are enough Opportunities to get to the other half of the map (Gas Station, Pumping Station, Bunker, Health Resort and 2 other possibilities). Making Woods and Customs bigger (just enough to have several possibilites to cross the map and spread out the Spawns a bit) would solve this problem. Camping certain spots wouldn't be as easy anymore because everybody has the choice of taking another path instead.

That's how i see this. I for my part would not like the spawn system as it now is to vanish. Other suggestions and/or feedback to my suggestion is appreciated.

WIsh you all a wonderful day.

Cheers

• Hot 2
vor 18 Minuten schrieb Cayrep:

Hey guys,

this is kind of my first post in this forum so please forgive if I'm making any mistakes. First of all, I'd like to say that i really like EFT. Nonetheless, there are problems occuring lately that are (in my opinion) severely related to the 2 maps Woods and Customs. Many people complained about the new spawn system, which of course is only being tested at the moment and therefore open to change, but I personally think the problems people are refering to have their origin in the state of the two maps. For example, I didn't see anybody complain about Shoreline and Factory even with the new spawn system (the spawns on Factory are still as they were and Shoreline has something that Woods and Customs do not have). The reason why the new spawn system correlates with those 2 maps is that both maps force every player to cross at least one spot where it's easy for other players to punish or to take advantage from. In woods you have to get past the lumberjack camp or cross a road with absolutely 0 cover. Of course this part of the map is quite wide, still it is kind of a coinflip if someone or even a group of players that have good gear are waiting at a certain spot in that area to take advantage of your need to cross there or not. Same with Customs. Everybody has to get past the Bus station and if you don't have a factory key also past the gas station, no matter in which direction you are headed. There are basically no alternatives for you. That's in my opinion the major problem. Shoreline for example does not suffer from that. On Shoreline there are enough places with decent to high loot (fisherman island, Villa, Bus station, weather station, Health resort with several wings just to call a few) and on Shoreline there are enough Opportunities to get to the other half of the map (Gas Station, Pumping Station, Bunker, Health Resort and 2 other possibilities). Making Woods and Customs bigger (just enough to have several possibilites to cross the map and spread out the Spawns a bit) would solve this problem. Camping certain spots wouldn't be as easy anymore because everybody has the choice of taking another path instead.

That's how i see this. I for my part would not like the spawn system as it now is to vanish. Other suggestions and/or feedback to my suggestion is appreciated.

Cheers

+1

Maki_Nishikino
21 minutes ago, Contractor001851 said:

The real problem here is waiting 5-20 minutes to get into a game...

That is because there are still trial keys out, wait like 3 more days and it should get better.

27 minutes ago, Cayrep said:

Hey guys,

Cheers

+1 i agree with you, however do you realize you can compeltely avoid any contact on customs by heading around dorms? it takes a lot longer, but after checkpoint is cleared you will be hard pushed to find anyone and avoid the bus station completely. in reality the maps are generally two small or do not have enough "lanes" you could say i think there should be another lane opened from gas sation to the truck for prapor or the tarkov truck (area circled) it would cause a lot less congestion in the said areas. not very familiar with sodds as i don't play it that much

Inked652px-Customs-SHT-Slaughter_House_Tyrants_LI.jpg

• Like 1
bigbacon
5 hours ago, Zotach said:

+1 i agree with you, however do you realize you can compeltely avoid any contact on customs by heading around dorms? it takes a lot longer, but after checkpoint is cleared you will be hard pushed to find anyone and avoid the bus station completely. in reality the maps are generally two small or do not have enough "lanes" you could say i think there should be another lane opened from gas sation to the truck for prapor or the tarkov truck (area circled) it would cause a lot less congestion in the said areas. not very familiar with sodds as i don't play it that much

Inked652px-Customs-SHT-Slaughter_House_Tyrants_LI.jpg

this. customs needs to be bigger. it forcing you into silly places because of walls with no way out and a  spawn system that more often than not puts you right in the action with no chance of escape. It needs more lanes, it needs more holes in walls along the main street to escape and it needs spawn areas that don't put you on top of important things, like loot. 

OR

Less human players per instance. but that circled area is needed to be part of the play area. they could also expand the green areas on the north of map and make many more spawn areas that are away from things.

Shoreline works because it is huge. is the only map in the game that really works. the woods is often a problem but mainly if you spawn on the west end. Shoreline has enough spawns and enough space to move about if you want to be passive and enough areas to go if you want to be aggressive or anything in between. Seriously, all the maps should be like Shoreline.

and don't get me started on Call of Factory.

Edited by bigbacon
7 hours ago, bigbacon said:

Less human players per instance. but that circled area is needed to be part of the play area. they could also expand the green areas on the north of map and make many more spawn areas that are away from things.

I think they increased number of players per instance due to stress tests only no? Customs is 12 now I think, hopefully will get back to 8 after tests are done.

• Sad 1
8 hours ago, bigbacon said:

and don't get me started on Call of Factory.

To be honest with you, Factory, is one of the best maps, it's built the way it is for the heart racing cqb action on factory there just needs to be one more permanent extraction, like in the main room where the boiler tanks are, there is a another red gate you can go through, would be put less pressure on the choke point between the main exit doors

Questenberg
10 minutes ago, Zotach said:

To be honest with you, Factory, is one of the best maps, it's built the way it is for the heart racing cqb action on factory there just needs to be one more permanent extraction, like in the main room where the boiler tanks are, there is a another red gate you can go through, would be put less pressure on the choke point between the main exit doors

Well, that's what the Factory Key is for.

You have a Factory Key, you'll do fine. You don't have a Factory Key, and some dude with a silencer is going to cut you down because he wants your dog tag.

2 minutes ago, Questenberg said:

Well, that's what the Factory Key is for.

You have a Factory Key, you'll do fine. You don't have a Factory Key, and some dude with a silencer is going to cut you down because he wants your dog tag.

yeha oyu have a good point on that one, i only just got a factory yesterday :)