Labeling cases and containers

Nosome

Just as the title says. 

So you have any number of cases in your stash, at some point you may use them for one type if not just stacks of the same item, so you spray paint a label onto them, such as "Guns" "Cash" etc.

The Text would look like that spray on lettering cut outs

Like this> font-military-stencil-letters-numbers-pi

Or whatever the devs decide to do for the text.

PS Did I break any rules with this post?, my last one I was warned due to "spamming", still not sure what I did, I was replying to people.

Edited by Nosome
forgot the PS

I think it should be enough to be able to change the "ShortName" of any "container" item. So:

• Docs Case
  • Keybar
  • Wallet
  • Backpacks
  • Rigs
  • Item Case
  • Weapon Case
  • Money Case

I think if we were able to change the ShortName (for example "ICase") to something else. No need for visual changes, as they are harder to implement. Anyway, labeling is something that would help

3 minutes ago, Forien said:

I think it should be enough to be able to change the "ShortName" of any "container" item. So:

• Docs Case
  • Keybar
  • Wallet
  • Backpacks
  • Rigs
  • Item Case
  • Weapon Case
  • Money Case

I think if we were able to change the ShortName (for example "ICase") to something else. No need for visual changes, as they are harder to implement. Anyway, labeling is something that would help

I'd be fine with that to. I don't think the visual change would be too difficult, it be three layers. You have the Case image, then the text, then a 20% opacity shadow filter  (something that represents the underlying texter/shadows in the case) so the text looks like it's on the case. Or, something.

2 minutes ago, Nosome said:

I'd be fine with that to. I don't think the visual change would be too difficult, it be three layers. You have the Case image, then the text, then a 20% opacity shadow filter  (something that represents the underlying texter/shadows in the case) so the text looks like it's on the case. Or, something.

It's not difficult if you speak graphics, but in game development you would need to change code responsible for displaying items' previews in the stash. And that can be way harder than just replacing ShortName of an item that is string taken from translation file (item would have another field in database, null at default, and when named, it would pull and use it instead of string from translation file).

I'm saying harder, not "impossible" or "too hard". It all depends on how they actually have their code organized. And while we don't know, I'm speculating. 
Also, there are a lot of items you won't be able to just "spray over", but you can rename virtually anything, so I guess they could allow to rename containers and maybe weapons (since it's requested a lot)? Just a thought. Probably they won't read it anyway xD 

Edited by Forien