Mafo

Please fix the spawn trapping!

Mafo

So I bought this game yesterday, and I'm all for it being a hardcore shooter, but I can't enjoy the game if I can't even spawn in right. I literally get killed within 2 minutes of spawning in. It's ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

neur0tix

2 minutes? Oh you are alright then. Sometimes it takes 5 seconds or so. But honestly it happens very very rarely. Well maybe to you more often as a new player you have probably low knowledge of the spawns, hot areas, not covering yourself enough and I guess you running around like CoD chicken.

As a new player, you should be first going through couple of offline raids to learn the spawns, extractions, hot areas, map itself, loot spawns, AI hot locations etc. You can also study a lot about it on youtube, wiki or even this forum.

However, those times of first learning steps are unpayable! Think twice before you do that, some people like me really enjoyed looking for extractions themself instead of checking youtube videos.

• Upvote 1

Sawydz

Same here, same feelings. New to game means the game is unplayable, or at least unenjoyable.

Rarely means how many times in a row? ;)

The fact that I can't login for another 30 minutes makes learning even longer. Offline mode is good for some practice, but not against veteran players. This all is mechanics and rules that I was aware of when I hit "purchase" button, but I didn't know it will get so frustrating so fast.

All this makes new players even more hostile, and it will only get worse when more people will buy game, which may become unplayable even for veterans.

neur0tix
34 minutes ago, Sawydz said:

Same here, same feelings. New to game means the game is unplayable, or at least unenjoyable.

The fact that I can't login for another 30 minutes makes learning even longer. Offline mode is good for some practice, but not against veteran players. This all is mechanics and rules that I was aware of when I hit "purchase" button, but I didn't know it will get so frustrating so fast.

All this makes new players even more hostile, and it will only get worse when more people will buy game, which may become unplayable even for veterans.

Rarely means almost never.

There is no 30min login queue, you can login instantly and stay logged in if you using BSG launcher.

Offline? Players? Ok I will just let you think for a moment about what you just said to save you from embarassment.

Beginnings are always frustrating. The best you can do, to learn the game, is to use discord and get a team. Talking to other people helps the most aswell as moving on the map, covering eachother and exploring together.

Oh and by the way, spawn camping doesnt exist in this game. For some reason people call it wrongly spawn camping, but in fact, whats is happening is that new player's spawns on Customs and Woods are too close to each other and in very open fields, which means those people that are killing others after they spawn are probably ingame no more than 30seconds (you can barely call 30seconds as camping) or just passing by to their objectives and goals. None is actually complaining about Factory spawns even tho these spawns are even closer to eachother on even smaller map. Same with new Shoreline. None complains bcoz the map is bigger and spawns are spread out better.

Edited by neur0tix

Sawydz

I just got a team :) I entered the game as main character, and was invited to a group, something "new" happened as I was executed on spawn by inviter. I really don't know where this game is going... Playing like this just sucks.

Untitled-2.jpg

neur0tix
2 minutes ago, Sawydz said:

I just got a team :) I entered the game as main character, and was invited to a group, something "new" happened as I was executed on spawn by inviter. I really don't know where this game is going... Playing like this just sucks.

Untitled-2.jpg

game? you think this is a game issue?

WOW, ok... blame it on game then...

Edit: Did the game forced you to team up with randoms?
Did the game kill you? Betrayed you?

I dont think it was "THE GAME"

Edited by neur0tix
  • Sad 1

Sawydz

Game means players and developers who are actually setting the rules. I'm not native english speaker, so I'm unable to express every thought as precisely as I wish.

Game has no mechanics to prevent such behavior. This guy has invited me twice, only second time I accepted, so it was not mistake, but in my opinion planned action. Now I can't do a thing about it, only play again with new lesson learned.

superbenke
11 minutes ago, Sawydz said:

Never accept random invites, guess people find it funny inviting new players hoping they bring in all their good starting gear.

As there are idiots in the real world some of them found this game as well.

Edited by superbenke

neur0tix
2 minutes ago, Sawydz said:

Game means players and developers who are actually setting the rules. I'm not native english speaker, so I'm unable to express every thought as precisely as I wish.

Game has no mechanics to prevent such behavior. This guy has invited me twice, only second time I accepted, so it was not mistake, but in my opinion planned action. Now I can't do a thing about it, only play again with new lesson learned.

Really mate? Game and Devs take responsibility for player's behavior?
Does the state or president take responsibility for people murdering eachother in reallife?

Thats pretty much the same thing ... think about it for a second. You can set up rules and such but if player/human wanna put you down, its not an issue in gamesystem/staterules ... the problem is in the person.

Sawydz
4 minutes ago, superbenke said:

Never accept random invites, guess people find it funny inviting new players hoping they bring in all their good starting gear.

As there are idiots in the real world some of them found this game as well.

And with my luck I'll meet them all ;) I took only cheapest stuff, so not much was gone :P

1 minute ago, neur0tix said:

Really mate? Game and Devs take responsibility for player's behavior?
Does the state or president take responsibility for people murdering eachother in reallife?

Thats pretty much the same thing ... think about it for a second. You can set up rules and such but if player/human wanna put you down, its not an issue in gamesystem/staterules ... the problem is in the person.

Yes, indeed I met a bed person. Shame on him/her. Of course, we could have some report system, or other mechanics to stigmatize such players, but we don't. That's all because bed people exist ;)

I'll adapt. I'll enjoy this game as I really like most of ideas. "Game" as a whole will change anyways, with money flow after the final release. Time will tell on which side I'll be then :)

neur0tix
6 minutes ago, Sawydz said:

And with my luck I'll meet them all ;) I took only cheapest stuff, so not much was gone :P

Yes, indeed I met a bed person. Shame on him/her. Of course, we could have some report system, or other mechanics to stigmatize such players, but we don't. That's all because bed people exist ;)

I'll adapt. I'll enjoy this game as I really like most of ideas. "Game" as a whole will change anyways, with money flow after the final release. Time will tell on which side I'll be then :)

I am gonna say it again. The best thing you can do is to go to discord and get a team. Maybe its my fault that I didnt explain it precisely but I never though you gonna team up with randoms in lobby right after.

Go to discord, enter few rooms and join some raids with people in there. I have 100% good experience from there and I am always on discord before launching the game since then! ;-)

• Like 1

GhostZ69
2 hours ago, neur0tix said:

There is no 30min login queue, you can login instantly and stay logged in if you using BSG launcher.

Offline? Players? Ok I will just let you think for a moment about what you just said to save you from embarassment.

Beginnings are always frustrating. The best you can do, to learn the game, is to use discord and get a team. Talking to other people helps the most aswell as moving on the map, covering eachother and exploring together.

Oh and by the way, spawn camping doesnt exist in this game. For some reason people call it wrongly spawn camping, but in fact, whats is happening is that new player's spawns on Customs and Woods are too close to each other and in very open fields, which means those people that are killing others after they spawn are probably ingame no more than 30seconds (you can barely call 30seconds as camping) or just passing by to their objectives and goals. None is actually complaining about Factory spawns even tho these spawns are even closer to eachother on even smaller map. Same with new Shoreline. None complains bcoz the map is bigger and spawns are spread out better.

You are 100% wrong when you say "Oh and by the way, spawn camping doesnt exist in this game."  Yes.  Yes, it does.  I have spanwed late (about seven minutes late) into a woods map and before I was loaded in I heard shots.  When I landed I heard a guy reloading.  I turned to them (they were on the wall behind me at the old extract) and I saw two bodies on the ground in front of him and he mowed me down before I could fire a shot.  There was a dead bear and and a USEC between us.  They were only a couple of feet apart.  He had spawn camped and killed three players.  Not sure how you don't call that "Spawn camping".   Remember, just because something may or may not have happened to you does not mean that it "does not exist."  I will let you think for a moment about what you just said to save you from embarrassment.  

• Upvote 1

RIPEOD
4 hours ago, Sawydz said:

You know, the game does not refer to devs and players. It refers to software. But its not software, it's you accepting a random invite, what do you expect, when I get a random invite I kill everyone because I spawn in first due to my hardware and I find it fun. But it was my choice to accept. The point is it's your choice, you decided to be retarded and accept a random invite expecting to make friends. 

Hint, it does not work.

RIPEOD
3 hours ago, Sawydz said:

How are you gonna report someone for killing you? Honestly dumb, thinking bruh.

neur0tix
2 hours ago, GhostZ69 said:

You are 100% wrong when you say "Oh and by the way, spawn camping doesnt exist in this game."  Yes.  Yes, it does.  I have spanwed late (about seven minutes late) into a woods map and before I was loaded in I heard shots.  When I landed I heard a guy reloading.  I turned to them (they were on the wall behind me at the old extract) and I saw two bodies on the ground in front of him and he mowed me down before I could fire a shot.  There was a dead bear and and a USEC between us.  They were only a couple of feet apart.  He had spawn camped and killed three players.  Not sure how you don't call that "Spawn camping".   Remember, just because something may or may not have happened to you does not mean that it "does not exist."  I will let you think for a moment about what you just said to save you from embarrassment.  

Haha lol. Only bcoz something appears to you in some way doesnt prove what happened there. And dont use my quotes against me, ever!

GhostZ69
7 minutes ago, neur0tix said:

Haha lol. Only bcoz something appears to you in some way doesnt prove what happened there. And dont use my quotes against me, ever!

So, I spawn in, 7 minutes late.  I get killed at spawn.  Not spawn camping?  People spawn in and die in 15-30 seconds at spawn.  Not spawn camping.  I guess maybe the word "camping" here is what is causing the problems.  By spawn, "camping" I think we (the other side) mean that people purposely take advantage of the limited spawn points to kill people who are loading into the game and have no control over their character yet.  Not "camping" in the sense that they set up a tent, roasted marshmallows and made SMORES for 45 minutes waiting on you to spawn.

• Upvote 1

LordSquidworth
54 minutes ago, GhostZ69 said:

So, I spawn in, 7 minutes late.  I get killed at spawn.  Not spawn camping?  People spawn in and die in 15-30 seconds at spawn.  Not spawn camping.  I guess maybe the word "camping" here is what is causing the problems.  By spawn, "camping" I think we (the other side) mean that people purposely take advantage of the limited spawn points to kill people who are loading into the game and have no control over their character yet.  Not "camping" in the sense that they set up a tent, roasted marshmallows and made SMORES for 45 minutes waiting on you to spawn.

I can't say I've ever been spawn camped. USEC/Bear players shouldn't be spawning in late really often, happens sometimes.

5 hours ago, Sawydz said:

Untitled-2.jpg

I've never accepted a random invite. I play with people I know. I expect to get murdered by whoever randomly invites me.

6 hours ago, Sawydz said:

You're playing as a scav?

You're just cannon fodder for USEC/Bears then.

AllVitamin
7 hours ago, neur0tix said:

Pretty sure he said offline mode doesn’t help against veteran players so you made yourself look dumb. But I’m sure what th op is staying is that there is a problem with the spawning system. You can look at it both ways, I don’t want to worry about random spawns when I’m trying to get to an objective while I’m being tactical and just a random player appears. And if I’m spawning in I don’t want to be spawned right infront of someone and be taken out in the first 10 seconds. They need to change the spawning system.

• Upvote 1

Kalista

haha this Neur0tix guy is funny. There is most certainly spawn camping and trapping :) There is also plain old spawn knowledge abuse which is easily taken control of once youve put enough time in the game. As a member of a 4 man squad my team and I have consistently spawned in, each picked an area to focus (spawn location) and gunned down all the people that chose to spawn on our side of the map for some easy loot. Granted a lot of the time its hatchetlings which meh one less person to deal with. But when you spawn in, look left and zoom in on a fully geared player that spawns in slower than you, then proceed to head shot him before his feet touch the ground.. well thats a bit unfair. Unfortunately it's the current state of the game so you either get used to it or don't play i suppose. 

As for actual "spawn camping" I think "extract camping" would be more accurate, in which this is completely possible and quite successfully done. Pick an area you know people need to pass by, lay in wait. kill them as they try and make it off with their hard earned loot. You run the risk of not making it to your own extract in time if you wait to long but it is in all sense of the word. Possible. 

Edited by Kalista

neur0tix

I have to kill 10 USEC on Shoreline now.
Once I spawn in, I start rushing all the closest PMC spawns.
If you have i3 and an old HDD, you can barely call it spawn-camping from my side.

If you wanna go offtopic and abuse me rather than stay on the topic, I am outta here.

Edited by neur0tix

SovietGrowlithe

I've been playing for over a week or two now. Along with some friends. We actually never had this spawn 'trapping/camping' issue. Until Sunday and has carried on to today. While' we're not the most experienced of players, it has been quite the difficult time to enjoy the game. Maps like Customs and Woods have been the toughest to play. We get lucky on Shoreline and that's about it. I've been enjoying the game prior to this experience though. Not sure why it feels like a sudden influx of this behavior. 

• Like 1

Kalista

@SovietGrowlithe
The game is very deathmatch-y and COD-y in the first little bit until you clear your side of the map out in woods and customs (4-5 other spawns next to you) once you've successfully killed the other spawns that are located an easy sprint distance away, then it's usually back to a fun tactical Escape from Tarkov feeling game. Just have to survive the initial hunger games-esk feeling start. 

least that is my opinion, some people don't see it that way.

• Like 1