MAKE THE GAME MORE PUNISHING AGAIN

neur0tix

Punishment for dying and loss of gear.  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should the game be even more punishing?

• Yes
    • No

Hey guys, last patch I already felt like this game is not punishing as much as it used to be. I remember first week when I played this game, when we were insta-dying to black limbs, scavs saw us through the vegetation and we had really hard times to farm anything valuable. I am not saying all those things were good, in fact they were broken and you fixed them and made them better, well done, but somehow, the intense feel of the game and fear of death and loss of your stuff somehow vanished anyway. Those bugs were actually keeping the game hardcore. I am not saying you should bring them back or break something, but you have to implement something to make it hardcore again.

Now, with this patch, all of those expensive dogtags taking up 1 slot only and stored in your SECURED container. All of these extra shots you need to fire to kill unarmored hatchling anywhere else than head (not even mentioning that SV-98 and DVL wont kill unarmored guy in a chest in one-shot). All of those bitcoins and rolexes which are clearly spawning more often this patch, probably due to perception and attention skills (just today I did one factory for trade with friend, then i went to loot vault in office and died. Still made 1600 USD coz bitcoin in my container). Usually for 1600 USD you need 40min raid and kill like 4x PMCs with decent gear. (Its my 6th bitcon and 4th rolexes this patch. I am level 26 only) And I could go on and on...

Seriously, I can just keep buying the most expensive gear and keep dying all day long and still make a profit as an average player. Currently in-game currency means nothing to me, so I dont care if I die and lose it all. It is affecting my gameplay, behavior, decisions and strategy. Please bring back the good old hardcore times back, after all thats what Tarkov is supposed to represent no?

Please do not make the same mistake as lots of studios did with their games such as making the game easier and less punishing for newcomers.

Edited by neur0tix
jukeboxknox

The loot tables will change as it progresses, all that money and loot means nothing since it will be wiped.  When it releases I bet the expensive loot will be harder to come by.

1 minute ago, jukeboxknox said:

The loot tables will change as it progresses, all that money and loot means nothing since it will be wiped.  When it releases I bet the expensive loot will be harder to come by.

Yea well, lets hope so. It was much better last patch and I thought every patch is supposed to be an improvement. So I dont know if they are just trying out something to test the skills or such, but they better be, because this loot tables and game economy at this moment is terrible comparing to last patches. Just keep it Hardcore, thats all I ask. Its fine to put in-game new useless supressor for insane price of 900 USD. Guess its like that in reality then. But 1minute hatchling run ending up with 1600 USD or losing 6x full M4A1 and 6x Forts per day and still making profit overall the whole day is not alright imho.

Questenberg

If your job, your kids, your tuition, your finances, or your life in general isn't making your hair fall out, THEN THE GAME YOU ESCAPE FROM IT ALL WITH SURE AS HELL SHOULD!!!!

9_9

Please buy me some Rogaine if they take your advice.

11 minutes ago, Questenberg said:

If your job, your kids, your tuition, your finances, or your life in general isn't making your hair fall out, THEN THE GAME YOU ESCAPE FROM IT ALL WITH SURE AS HELL SHOULD!!!!

9_9

Please buy me some Rogaine if they take your advice.

If you have a job and kids and life in general. This game isnt for you.

Will gladly serve it to you on a silver plate mate.

Questenberg
5 minutes ago, neur0tix said:

Hmm. Fair point, but what's going to happen to the next generation of gamers?

bigbacon

yea lets make a niche game even more niche by making more players get bored of it quicker.

seriously. the game isn't going to survive being so called "hard core" I would be amazed that it isn't already hemorrhaging players after they get frustrated and quit after a week. Sooner or later they cant just cater to the players that want a silly pointless and futile to play game.

Edited by bigbacon
Chris9500

considering all the game design and how they made the quest system combined with the traders i think its not too easy. Too easy for you? yes maybe but for others the quest are hard to do and keeps you busy at the same time.

BSG are constantly changing the mechanics who knows if it will still be easy for you or me or anyone else if you will have to extract through zones just to enter another area without getting to your hideout with all the loot you had.

Time will tell but i personally like the quest system alot and the whole design unlike what it was in the first alpha waves when I bought the game after watching the video all the nice  stuff you could do like weapon folding etc.

So I bought the game and honestly i was pXXXX off because none of these were implemented. I felt like I was tricked but after watching the development, I can clearly see that the  game is going in the right direction.

Not having this in the alpha got me mad because that is now what was sold in the video however, now the game is becoming how I saw it in the video back then when all this shown on the dev report 2016.

I think i'ts also good to know that BSG do care about their game. Still can't believe this is a unity game. Gives me creep everytime i think of it.

Anyway my whole point is that even if this game is not as hardcore as you expected it to be, it will still survive imo as long as it keeps the trader quest leveling system. That alone is a big plus! Sorry for the wall of text!

TechoverMana
13 hours ago, neur0tix said:

because this loot tables and game economy at this moment is terrible comparing to last patches.

I don't know, I think it's great. Actually feels rewarding to check out some places. Before it was just go kill some scavs and hope you come across some geared players to get anything decent, but that means it's just totally up to luck if there's anything even worthwhile on the map. You could go into customs with just a paca and silenced VEPR and have it where you've got the best gear on the map already. You couldn't find anything over what you already took in, you had stuff to lose and not much to gain. When the new patch hit, it was actually fun to go to the spa, and hopefully if they keep the high level of loot there, more people will come and it'll be actually worth fighting over. If they buffed out the loot on Dorms and in Woods, you'd probably see more people coming through those maps as well.

On top of that, it'd also encourage more PVP since people would actually go to check those places out in hope of the big score. I think I only have any PVP in the dorms maybe once out of 10 times I go there. Before the patch, shoreline was effectively PVE even if you exit camped. Now at least you have the occasional person come across the Spa or Hydro station to break it up.

The game needs to be punishing sure, but the idea too is high risk (punishment for failure) vs high reward (reward for success) So, yeah, die, lose everything. Success and the last man/group standing, and you should get the motherload.

Edited by TechoverMana
Terminator01
12 hours ago, neur0tix said:

The game is fine. Sure, if you know how to play the game you can replace gear easy but new players dont know that. Not everybody plays all day everyday. Not everybody is a nerd with no social life that spends all his time in front of pixels. It is not casual by any means. But I dont agree what you say to people to leave the game only because they are not fanatic nerds. The more you play the better. I dont want the game to be only playable if you spend all your day on it. Because the game was broken, you even say it but then you say that you liked the feeling, yeah, the feeling of getting buckshot sniped by AI from miles away in the blacked out limbs. That was not even hard, that was game-breaking problems. I would say it is even good that the game can be kind of "easy" once you learn it. It is fun hard. We dont need boring impossible hard.

Also, for a lot of people this game might be easy, but new players get destroyed. I am decent at the game, not a pro by any means but I have the situational awareness that newbies dont have. If you play all day everyday it is going to be easy. After I got the hang of the game I realized it was kind of "easy". People like us earn that feeling which is fine but that doesnt mean the game should be even harder. But becasue I learnt, not because of the game being easy for everybody.

Maybe a change in the loot tables would be ok so that bitcoins are not as common being twice as valuable as last patch., for example. Or make them spwan that commonly only with very high level strenght. 

And one feeling that I have: squads can have infinite mone and xp just by killing each other, looting each others dogtags, leaving and repeating. Yah, that makes money meaningless.