Some content question.

Lynnette

Hello all!

First off... Let's try to keep this as civil as possible. As I know how forums can get. Thank you!

Okay. So I have a few question for EfT. On its current state of the game. Yes, I know it is currently a beta, and still little ways away from any sort of launch. As in, it has a way to go. So take anything that is considered "criticism" to be, constructive suggestive criticism, as I am not in any intent to insult or demean any comment, suggestion, question, or response in general! 

1. So, I have a large group of friends that I talk with through steam. EfT came up. And a few were in the 7-day trial. As was i. But I got the EoD pack after realizing what kind of game this was. It seems to be a survival of the fittest game. Meaning for some people, if they are not high enough level or have level equipment such as a Fort and/or AR w/ silencer. what not, a "geared up player". then you will not survive long. vs. those who do. The concerns that we came down to is if there will be any sort of tier or level matching system in the game. This is due to that I myself being armed with an AKS-74U was able to defend myself from a level 2 player with the same weapon, I myself being level 10 at the time. Taking into account that the higher your level the most likely of that you would have better-progressed skills such as health, endurance, weapon handling, ect. over those who are below your level. I understand that the skills only give you a slim fraction most the time of what it improves, or negates from its endorsed effects from that skills level. But it does help in ways more than most. iv killed a level 22 player. but not after he popped my stomach, took my leg, and my chest. while I had to shoot him in the head, which this is a default win button when the character is not wearing a helmet. So my question to this is, Will there be level restrictions or groupings for players in any sort of form of matchmaking?

2. Timers. I have several friends recently complain that there is no longer a 10min warning counter in the game as of current game build/version. I had no idea such a thing existed as I was always checking my times, and have escaped with less than 4 min left on the clock before. So, I myself have not experienced such a warning before. 

Also about timing, is there a specific time that a Scav CAN enter a raid? Because it has been before when a Scav would enter a raid, and have no time to do much at all, while its only exits would be on the other side of the map. Shoreline for example. A good way to fix this is to add server browsers. Most would say that would conflict with the above statement, but locking servers are generally what a level restriction would do. 

So. What happens to the 10min warning counter and will there be a better way to bring Scavs into a raid?

3. Equipment, game modes, general tier system. This question sort of goes along with the first question, but more on equipment. 

Will there ever be some sort of indicator, or general tier system for players if the first statement of a level system, doesn't work? Because levels and skills don't do much, but a guy with an AK to kill scavs is going to lose a fight with a well-geared player 80% of the time. This goes to say, there are also grouped players, players that enter a raid of 5 people in all. taking shoreline as another example of this, 8-13 people. 5 people would be grouped together vs the rest. Though this doesn't happen all the time, it is a bit more difficult for anyone to survive that comes across such groups of players. As it is part of the "survival of the fittest" game style this game presents itself as. 

I'd suggests a tier system for this, run the tier system by the average tiers unlocked from the traders. that way those who don't have access to this equipment, in general, aren't penalized to go up vs. those who do have access to the equipment from traders. ... nothing ruins a persons day more, then running down the line with full storage taken up, to the extract, just to be killed by a camper by the exit with a silenced weapon, that you don't have access to, or don't have a gun you can get for the said silencers that you do have.

This can also be fixed with a "king of the hill", "battle royal", "Deathmatch", or "Last man/group standing" style(s) game mode as well, of course, the game mode(s) would be separate from the current standard raids we have now. The mode(s) would generally be a 'higher-risk' system for players that are supposed to fully-kit-out in. with larger winnings/losses. Designed for hunting other players/NPCs instead of the current scavenging/raiding survival system. This system would not require any sort of level or tier system limits, as the players would know what they would be getting into, or it could be, depending on how such a demographic would respond to this system. To implement this in a more balanced way, current raids would have to have player kills reduced, and NPC kills raided in exp received. As you are raiding a location controlled by Scavs, not players. In general, the addition of a game mode designed just for killing, would put more emphasis on the current raid game mode to prevent 'player-hunters' that kill just to kill other players. not for their equipment or tags.

So, Will there ever be a system or way to reduce 'player-hunters' in the game without actually penalizing them, or will such a thing have to be looked at after the USEC vs. BEAR system is actually implemented?

==

TLDR: 

1.Will there be level restrictions or groupings for players in any sort of form of matchmaking?

2.What happens to the 10min warning counter and will there be a better way to bring Scavs into a raid?

3.Will there ever be a system or way to reduce 'player-hunters' in the game without actually penalizing them, or will such a thing have to be looked at after the USEC vs. BEAR system is actually implemented?

18 minutes ago, Lynnette said:

TLDR: 

1.Will there be level restrictions or groupings for players in any sort of form of matchmaking?

2.What happens to the 10min warning counter and will there be a better way to bring Scavs into a raid?

3.Will there ever be a system or way to reduce 'player-hunters' in the game without actually penalizing them, or will such a thing have to be looked at after the USEC vs. BEAR system is actually implemented?

Hello Lynnette, 
1.  there will be no matchmaking of any kind. Currently the group limit is 5 PMCs. 
2. The raid times were recently shortened and I suspect it's to free up more servers for players waiting in queue. We'll have to wait and see but I suspect they'll be increased again in the near future when more servers are added. I miss 90 minute customs too! 
3. There is an arena mode being developed which is intended for solo or groups of 2-5 players engaged in team battle. Not much information is available yet. The best place for the latest information about the game is Project News

Welcome to the forum! 

for your first question, i'm fairly certain the devs aren't trying to make the game fair, and besides if a full gear player goes into a raid and you're a lower level/less geared you could still easily beat them and it adds more fun to the game when you go in with almost nothing and leave full geared.

10 hours ago, Jrider728 said:

for your first question, i'm fairly certain the devs aren't trying to make the game fair, and besides if a full gear player goes into a raid and you're a lower level/less geared you could still easily beat them and it adds more fun to the game when you go in with almost nothing and leave full geared.

Yes, you can still quite easily kill them, with a melee weapon... if youre close enough. otherwise. no. because if they have M4s already and fully kit AKs then theyve been playing for a wile.

18 hours ago, NoDG said:

Hello Lynnette, 
1.  there will be no matchmaking of any kind. Currently the group limit is 5 PMCs. 
2. The raid times were recently shortened and I suspect it's to free up more servers for players waiting in queue. We'll have to wait and see but I suspect they'll be increased again in the near future when more servers are added. I miss 90 minute customs too! 
3. There is an arena mode being developed which is intended for solo or groups of 2-5 players engaged in team battle. Not much information is available yet. The best place for the latest information about the game is Project News

Welcome to the forum! 

more on the 2nd question. There was a concern about the 10min warning being removed from the game. will that ever be re-added?

24 minutes ago, Lynnette said:

more on the 2nd question. There was a concern about the 10min warning being removed from the game. will that ever be re-added?

I would imagine it will be added back in to the game but i haven't heard anything from the devs about that. 

• 3 weeks later...
Am 8.1.2018 um 11:12 schrieb Lynnette:

nothing ruins a persons day more, then running down the line with full storage taken up, to the extract, just to be killed by a camper by the exit with a silenced weapon, that you don't have access to, or don't have a gun you can get for the said silencers that you do have

The good thing about EFK is, you are able to obtain any gear from higher leveled players by just picking them up from their bodies. You just have to kill them or loot already killed players to get (almost) every equipment available in the game. So you actually don't need higher traders for being able to get a supressed m4 or ak74n, aktually you can even loot them in crates on shoreline and other maps.

Of course it's harder for low geared players to kill a well geared one but that's how it should be. There was no motivation to level traders or buy good gear if chances for killing each other were equal to all gears. It's harder but not very possible and the feeling when you killed a fully geared scoped / suppressed ak74n kiver guy by just a Grach pistol and gaining all his nice stuff is just awesome. ;)

Just think of it this way... Sure you can get shredded by a team of 5 or if you play your cards right and the advantage you may even kill them all ( thats the beauty of Tarkov ) but nothing says that you must engage those 5 players if you spot them before they spot you. You can complete the raid without engaging any player if you chose to do so, and this decision making is also a part of the game. It shouldn´t be the game telling you " ok , so your lvl5, i will only match you to lvl 5 to 10 pmcs " so you could know in advance that your only adversaries in that raid will be low lvl and probably less geared and make the Risk/profit assessment for you.

Now imagine you do engage a 3 man group or so and you kill them all ( not too impossible ), isn´t the reward much better then if you were matched against solo players of your lvl and with no valuable gear for you to loot after you killed them?

I have stalked a group of three before.  Followed them.  Waited for them to engage a group of scavs.  Then as they were firing just take a few well placed silenced shots from behind and they never knew what hit them.  It is a great feeling.  Playing solo you have a great advantage.  You NEVER have to ask, "Is that you at the..."  You just open fire when YOU feel it is best.

On 1/24/2018 at 1:48 AM, ynnus86 said:

The good thing about EFK is, you are able to obtain any gear from higher leveled players by just picking them up from their bodies. You just have to kill them or loot already killed players to get (almost) every equipment available in the game. So you actually don't need higher traders for being able to get a supressed m4 or ak74n, aktually you can even loot them in crates on shoreline and other maps.

Of course it's harder for low geared players to kill a well geared one but that's how it should be. There was no motivation to level traders or buy good gear if chances for killing each other were equal to all gears. It's harder but not very possible and the feeling when you killed a fully geared scoped / suppressed ak74n kiver guy by just a Grach pistol and gaining all his nice stuff is just awesome. ;)

the problem is that as it stands, this game has a learning curve equal to Team Fortress 2 skill. equipment loss fear. i fully understand that it should be hard to kill geared players. but they should NOT be tanks. there are plenty videos out there that show that armor is unbalanced. i myself have a recording of me dumping BP and PS rounds, the best 545 to combat armor, into a guys chest. and he just looks at me and i die.

On 1/24/2018 at 2:16 AM, mr0pi said:

Just think of it this way... Sure you can get shredded by a team of 5 or if you play your cards right and the advantage you may even kill them all ( thats the beauty of Tarkov ) but nothing says that you must engage those 5 players if you spot them before they spot you. You can complete the raid without engaging any player if you chose to do so, and this decision making is also a part of the game. It shouldn´t be the game telling you " ok , so your lvl5, i will only match you to lvl 5 to 10 pmcs " so you could know in advance that your only adversaries in that raid will be low lvl and probably less geared and make the Risk/profit assessment for you.

Now imagine you do engage a 3 man group or so and you kill them all ( not too impossible ), isn´t the reward much better then if you were matched against solo players of your lvl and with no valuable gear for you to loot after you killed them?

you are thinking in a player-hunter way. the game is not designed to be wrapped around killing other people. other people and scavs are there to be in your way to get your objective, that would be looting or missions. or the few missions that require you to go out and kill others. what ever. you dont pick fights unless you want to kill. and if you want to kill, you pick your fights. its not "oh look, some geared players are looting, better leave them alone." its more like "help! the geared players are hunting everyone down and killing them! i cant loot anything, fear for my gear!" ... also i say itd be better to come across single geared players rather then a unit of them. As they can communicate most the time. And most the issues i have with geared players is not that their gun is tricked out. because a silencer is less rare then FORT. you can get silencers at lvl 2 and 3 traders. you get FORT level 4 from one trader. to top it off. FORT makes you a fort. you are the hardest thing to kill. you can dump PS and BP rounds into the target as much as you want. and you would still require a 2nd mag to kill them.

On 1/24/2018 at 6:20 AM, ShowMeDeWai said:

I have stalked a group of three before.  Followed them.  Waited for them to engage a group of scavs.  Then as they were firing just take a few well placed silenced shots from behind and they never knew what hit them.  It is a great feeling.  Playing solo you have a great advantage.  You NEVER have to ask, "Is that you at the..."  You just open fire when YOU feel it is best.

yes, i like to play solo as well. i have played in a group before. its all on what you do. group looting is nice, because you have someone to watch your back. but same time, more people give away your position.

On 9.1.2018 at 6:55 AM, Lynnette said:
12 minutes ago, Lynnette said:

the problem is that as it stands, this game has a learning curve equal to Team Fortress 2 skill. equipment loss fear. i fully understand that it should be hard to kill geared players. but they should NOT be tanks. there are plenty videos out there that show that armor is unbalanced. i myself have a recording of me dumping BP and PS rounds, the best 545 to combat armor, into a guys chest. and he just looks at me and i die.

Sorry to inform you that armor as it stands in the current patch is working better than ever before now you can easily kill players with fort with just an aks-74u or even an shotgun, for example i was laughing when my friend showed me video of him doing an scav run with a pump shotgun, where he runs into group of 4 with full fort and M4s and as he slowly picks out 2 of them and the rest just flee the scene and he extracts with 2 forts and some other stuff

13 minutes ago, Lynnette said:

And most the issues i have with geared players is not that their gun is tricked out. because a silencer is less rare then FORT. you can get silencers at lvl 2 and 3 traders. you get FORT level 4 from one trader. to top it off. FORT makes you a fort. you are the hardest thing to kill. you can dump PS and BP rounds into the target as much as you want. and you would still require a 2nd mag to kill them.

Okey so you wanna make supressors that are going to start break down after shooting in the fute to be as hard to get as forts, well glad to tell you that forts are not easy to get by any means they cost 7 gold chains each and even when you are using them you will get killed in about 5 shots of BP 7.62s even basic weapons can take down geared players all it comes down to is skill.

13 minutes ago, Lynnette said:

yes, i like to play solo as well. i have played in a group before. its all on what you do. group looting is nice, because you have someone to watch your back. but same time, more people give away your position.

The game is not designed to be played solo and solo playing will be made even harder in future. but solo play is still possible and mostly even more fun than grouping since you get more action to yourself.

Oh look, another thread about matchmaking.

Please use the search function, this has been discussed TO DEATH.

In short, no, there will be no matchmaking based on group size, level, skill levels, gear or trader levels of any kind. Tarkov is a hostile environment and you never know what you may face around each corner. You need to prepare for any eventuality and adapt to each situation. That is the beauty of the game. No matter how much you discuss this, it will not change. BSG are dead set on this and there are legions of players who love the game for its brutality and stand by their decision.

The sooner this thread is locked, the better.

4 hours ago, Deadmode said:

Oh look, another thread about matchmaking.

Please use the search function, this has been discussed TO DEATH.

In short, no, there will be no matchmaking based on group size, level, skill levels, gear or trader levels of any kind. Tarkov is a hostile environment and you never know what you may face around each corner. You need to prepare for any eventuality and adapt to each situation. That is the beauty of the game. No matter how much you discuss this, it will not change. BSG are dead set on this and there are legions of players who love the game for its brutality and stand by their decision.

The sooner this thread is locked, the better.

if you did not happen to notice this thread was started allmost a month ago xD

50 minutes ago, Timo-chi said:

if you did not happen to notice this thread was started allmost a month ago xD

A month is not that long ago, mate, and when someone bumps it...

It also doesn't detract from the fact that it is yet another thread on this topic that we don't need as it has been answered over and over again.

Edited by Deadmode

Yeah and when this person made a post about it and did not search or did not get the search words right and then made post that has not been closed then its fine, and as you noticed many people have allready told him the answer but thank you for making it clear some people may not get it.

5 hours ago, Deadmode said:

A month is not that long ago, mate, and when someone bumps it...

It also doesn't detract from the fact that it is yet another thread on this topic that we don't need as it has been answered over and over again.

Dude, get over yourself.  If you do not want to read it, don't.  This is for discussion.  Not for you to come along and say OMG LOCK THIS THREAD ALREADY.  You are a not a mod.  People are/were civily discussing what they believe to be an issue in the beta of a game that is ASKING for us to report issues.  If you can't handle that, stay off the thread.