Training Range

stanmanth2

Train a lot. Fight a little. This is what PMCs do. Only there isn't really any training opportunities so it would be nice to have a 'Poligon' or training center purely for weapon familiarization. Offline for solo work and ideally online to work up tactics and commands. 

You can even have set courses of timed fire as a leaderboard, mini game in game.

I would spend more time here and less time dying . 

Your_Moms_Gyno

Also, there is an offline mode currently. Before entering the raid (before lobby) click: enable offline mode, click: enable PVE, optional: disable: enable random weather and time.

You'll now have access to the map in an offline setting. Anything lost or gained will be forgotten and you will return (even through death) with the gear you entered with, you will be able to learn AIScav spawns, your weapon behavior, loot spawns, crate locations, map layout, etc...

To sum up & above:

Training range is stated to be a feature of the finished product.

Offline mode with optional PVE is currently available to all users.

I hope the devs spend a bit of time on the Range or Poligon. Having trained both in the US and in Russia (this year) on a number of platforms including AK and AR, each have a slightly different take on doing this.

One of the more challenging things is understanding what the battlesight zeroes are on each weapon and optic.

• 2 years later...
NotYourFriendU

I think the same way. The game has no tutorial and it would be perfect to be able to try a gun before purchasing it. About playing offline: The scav bots have nothing to do with a guy with 500000 rublos over himself in gear. Playing as scav and getting the loot is only for selling it because with those guns you will barelly make damage to a guy with tons of armor and his 12000 bullets per second. Come on guys, this game needs a REAL TRAINING MODE, and i'm not talking about offline pmc. The experience and the competition level are gonna be WAY better. I come from CSGO and bot training (maps, no offline deathmatch or competitive) helped me A LOT.

Edited by Noob666
16 minutes ago, Noob666 said:

I think the same way. The game has no tutorial and it would be perfect to be able to try a gun before purchasing it. About playing offline: The scav bots have nothing to do with a guy with 500000 rublos over himself in gear. Playing as scav and getting the loot is only for selling it because with those guns you will barelly make damage to a guy with tons of armor and his 12000 bullets per second. Come on guys, this game needs a REAL TRAINING MODE, and i'm not talking about offline pmc. The experience and the competition level are gonna be WAY better. I come from CSGO and bot training (maps, no offline deathmatch or competitive) helped me A LOT.

if you are having that many issues learning the game try joining the Sherpas program or look for a group willing to teach you.  A tutorial would really not be helpful because outside of some basic things you could learn easier with a bit of research most things arent "training" friendly, just learned behaviors, how to play, what sounds to listen for, things like that, that wouldn't be in a tutorial anyways .

That being said i think full release is supposed to have a single player mode which i assume would teach a lot of the game, no clue how the single player will fit into the rest of the game tho or if it will just be scattered PVE missions