Framerate issue

NewToTheWorld

So, ever since I bought the game back in August 2017, my performance has suffered in the form of bad framerate. I have a 1080Ti Poseidon, Core i7 7800x, 32GB RAM and over 11GB of VRAM. My highest fps in any map has peaked at 50fps on LOW settings. My friend with a 1050 GPU and an i5 processor has been getting double the performance that I get on the exact same settings. Is the game optimized for a 1080Ti? Is it my hardware? Is it my connection (can connection issues cause frame drops)? What can  do to get the best out of my hardware?

The first picture is of my FPS, the second of my graphics settings, the third is my FPS while scrolling through my stash

Here is a video of the frame problems I have been suffering from (lag becomes obvious at 3:40): 

2018-01-09[16-25]_661.0, 2.6, -56.9_0.0, -0.6, 0.0, 0.8 (0).png

2018-01-10[12-16] (0).png

5a55eafbe94ab_2018-01-1012-28(0).thumb.png.b0e3f83cf73009c0963cf8a681305350.png

Edited by NewToTheWorld
  • Sad 1

Now i am running gtx 1080ti and i7-7700K overclocked to 5gz (which shouldnt matter here) and i am playing at 1440p ultra settings (shadows and AA turned down, since it is destroying framerate right now) and i am getting from 120 fps down to 40 fps (shorline FTW) averaging around 80 maybe? So i am pretty sure its not hardware (since we have same GPU) my first and sadly only guess is your GPU drivers. do you have them up to date? also check your gpu temp while playing, maybe you have some serious overheating issues? (even though its should not be problem with poseidon, if waterloop is used)

Edited by healtonn

3 hours ago, NewToTheWorld said:

My temps are not going over 70 degrees and my drivers are up to date as of the 20th December update.

I am using GPU drivers 388.31 released at 15.11.2017. this is only difference in our cards i guess. I know there are recorded issues with some games, where those games performed worse with newer or specific drivers. Might be worth a shot

It's worth checking into whether it's a specific 1080ti issue. After looking at a similar thread, it seems quite a few of us with these cards seem to be struggling with game performance more than those with other cards.

Cheers!

hi there, same for me :

i5-2320 3Ghz

8 Gb RAM

RX 470 OC 4Gb.

and YES i know my pc is not the best yet, and i don't want to run it 4k but it's still way more powerfull than the minimum spec requires on Tarkov site ...

and i can run bigger online game using more demanding graphic engine (anvil, unreal 4 etc.) with much more npcs, textures, map size on high settings with my rig (ex : The Division, GWR, Assassin's Creed Origin, BDO, GTA 5 with high textures pack/mod).

• 3 weeks later...

It's just the game, some cards just don't handle it well at all as there has not been any work done on optimization specifically, wait for release or atleast open beta. maybe we will see some work done on it then. 

having the same problem it seemed that despite some of us having powerful pcs and me using a laptop doesnt matter. i think its the game as its not yet fully optimized. we’ll just have to wait.

Hey ya, 

had the same problem on Shoreline in the Sanatorium... There my FPS dropped down to 8 and there was no change up or down... the FPS and average FPS stood still on 8! I relogged and everything worked as it should. Imo its a "bug" or a problem of the game. In the newest post they said that the priority of the game is based on CPU not GPU so I think there is nothing wrong with your graphiccard or the version of it... Dont worry about it.. everything should be alright ;)

On 1/10/2018 at 6:53 PM, Kedzie said:

Terrible lag and stutter on 1080Ti here as well. I have everything turned to low except textures and shadow quality.

my rig.PNG

rollback previous patch the nvidia driver, cause the lastest driver is really bad. how i know? i rollback the the driver and the ggame feel lot better like before. plus i read the nvidia 390.65 review and it doesnt look good. oh yeah i have msi gtx 1080 sli, running aa  - setting sli 16x to c what the different

Edited by burninzero