Jump to content
Blackb1rd

Events

Recommended Posts

Oranje

Maritime soldier,

@scompton, You walk through the forest, thinking about how your diary would look a month, or half a year from now. Suddenly there are some gunshots, not at you, or maybe even all that close, but close enough you could reach it in a little forced march. You'd have to divert from your path a little though, since it was in an Eastern direction. Then again, the houses up north do look tempting, and do you see a white flag, with a red cross on it up ahead in the distance there?

 

A new start,

@Floppy_Moose, In an encounter.

 

Loners,

@CaptainDuckshot, In an encounter.

 

United Survivors,

@NoisyCosmos, @Dunteon, @FatherFenrir, Gah it's either running or standing still in this bloody city, first it's all adrenaline and shooting, then the next moment, the most interesting thing that happened the whole day, was seeing Jack nearly choke on his meat chunks. Then again, he is being awfully quiet, maybe something is bothering him. But, being all guys, maybe he just needs to solve things on his own, you are not about to ruin the mood with a sappy heart to heart.

 

@IEnglish, @Dead1ypepper, please read my tutorial, or message me, you have not followed all the steps to allow me to include you in the fun yet.

I'm sorry guys, everyone who's had their encounters will get the results from them asap, i have not forgotten you.

Edited by Oranje
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sora28rus

The_Predator :

@trevor1234510While you were walking to the location, you saw some garages and residential buildings, also you found a damaged tissue at the bus stop. Now you stay on the crossroads and think where you should go next and what to do.

United Survivors :

@NoisyCosmos, @Dunteon , @FatherFenrir . You were running as fast as you can in the woods. Pushing forward across the bushes, you took some damages from the branches, but its just a scratch, and you safely got to the place.

Maritime soldier:

@scompton You walk through the garages line and think about what you will do when you find the gunfighter and what you will see. Suddenly there are some gunshots, not at you, but close enough to understand where they were and where you could find the gunfighter. The gunshots were in a nearby building, very close to the garages. You search a weapon in the nearest garage and find a little shovel on the shelf, then you are hiding behind the garage corner, the nearest to the building, planning your next step.
 

A new start:

@Floppy_Moose , In an encounter.

 

Loners:

@CaptainDuckshotIn an encounter.

Misfits:

@Arabascan , in an encounter.

I'm sorry guys, everyone who's had their encounters will get the results from them asap, we have not forgotten you.

  • Thanks 1
  • Hot 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oranje

A new start.

@Floppy_Moose, You get an invitation to the bar, when you enter it, Harris is there waiting for you. Hey mate, i'm taking you to my group leader, TJ. he then leads you to a table in the back, where a lone man is sitting and eating from a can of UN stewed meat.

Hey there, thank you for getting my friends out of that fire, he slides a weapon across the table. Since my previous group fell apart, and this one taking some losses, we are critically short on manpower. However, i can't spare the men to do a certain job, and it's too dangerous to send a lone gunman. However much i feel in your debt, i think you need to find some friends before i can offer you work, then find me again. I'll leave the barkeep here a way to contact me. (i'm sorry, i cant modify the quests to suit one person, feel free to roam around the map, you'll continue to find stuff and quest hooks, but i really advise you to team up if you want to dive deeper in them.)

 

United Survivors.

@NoisyCosmos, @Dunteon, @FatherFenrir, You arrive near to your destination, and set up camp in its vicinity. (i'll message you soon)

 

Loners.

@CaptainDuckshot, in an encounter.


Maritime Soldier.

@scompton, In an encounter (I will message you soon too)

 

Swinquar.

@AJK116, Ok, i will have to admit, i have no idea how you got where you are, and where you came from, but guess what, you're in an encounter now! (also, soon(tm))

 

Ok fellas, you hopefully are aware, that the holidays are coming up, and i have a lot of plans made with my family, this means it'll be slow going, my apologies for that. I'll get the encounters started up between now and Thursday.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oranje

Currently everyone is in an encounter or about to start one, my apologies if you are the one waiting, i have been spending some time with my family the past few days, and am restricted to my phone for the most part. If you are in an encounter, please make sure you set your group action to Special, and reset that action after every event post. (Monday / Thursday)

 

@Hermann, You correctly made a group, and saved your action, but you need to post in the game thread to be able to be included in the game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oranje

I want to convey all the best wishes, and i hope you all have a great 2019. As i'm sure you'll understand, todays events are delayed till Thursday.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oranje

Everyone is still in their encounter.

 

@JrBump, @kendonguyen, both of you made a group, and correctly saved your actions, you still need to post your actions on the game thread though, i cannot let you participate without those posts, sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oranje

Alright, this is might seem like nothing is happening, but again, most of the players are in their encounters.

 

Black Cuffs

@Madiakz, You search your hideout an extra time, to see if you truly have everything on you to start your adventure. Kicking over a discarded cardboard box, you find a knife! (You seem to be on the right path, make sure you take all your items with you by clicking the "use" button behind the items you want to take along, or equip in your inventory. If you are still unsure of how to work things, shoot me a message, and we'll handle it in a PM)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oranje

I would like to remind everyone that using coordinates in your posts in your posts in the game thread is not allowed, this RPG allows PVP, so giving potential opponents your location is not wise.

 

Moonshine Dream.

@whiteflameloco, I am sorry, you did not correctly set and saved your group management panel, without this i cannot allow you to participate, if you are having difficulties with that or anything else, please message me.

 

A new start.

@Floppy_Moose, When trying to fall asleep on the couch, you twist and turn, before you decide you simply cannot abide the lumps on it, stand up, and give it a kick. This makes it fall over, and you find out it's a pull out couch, you set it right, and lo and behold, one of the lumps you felt, was an actual money clip. Turns out you just slept here for free!

 

Black Cuffs.

@Madiakz, You leave the safety of your hideout behind, and trudge through the forest, looking for your buddies. Lost in thought you hit your head on a low hanging branch (-2hp). In the far distance to the South, you can very faintly hear what must be a battle raging, gunshots and explosions. Taking note of it, but unconcerned, you look at your surroundings, directly South you can see what looks like a commercial area, with shops and warehouses, to the East, a residential area. You'll have to decide which way you'll go in now. (South will give you a better chance of weapons and ammo, East meds or food)

 

The but nusters.

@MyMomHurtsMe, You leave your hideout behind, and immediately put your face to the ground, and start searching for valuable items. Turns out, that looking in this well trodden area, there's nothing much of anything to be found. At least, this is what you think after spending quite a while looking for stuff, and coming up with one measly can, you tear off the cat food label, and decide to hawk it off to one of your friends, claiming its French ragout. (You did not take anything with you, so i decided you should have, and moved everything from your hideout into your inventory, same with your friends.)

 

Also, There's encounters still ongoing.

Edited by Oranje
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oranje

Encounters are still ongoing, no new posts made since Thursday.

 

@whiteflameloco, @Krautik, @Stahl1445, you guys need to post your actions in the game thread for me to allow you to participate in the RPG, shoot me a message if you have any issues.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oranje

The but nusters

@MyMomHurtsMe, @chief_error, @pogosticksrock, @canadianwattpad, The four of you leave behind the safe confines of your hideouts, and enter the forest after passing a small clear area. From what you can see, this is well trodden ground. While hiking, Mymomhurtsme and Chief_error share some jokes about their nervous and unusually quiet compadres, and point at some shadows to see if you can get them to jump. Around mid-day you share some provisions among yourselves, briefly int4erupted by some gun shots off to the far South. At the end of your days trek, you enter the suburbs of the city proper.

 

MoonshineDream

@whiteflameloco, It's still early when you leave your hideout behind, and the fog prevents you from seeing too much of your surroundings, which makes for slow going at first. When you walk out into what seems to be a clearing, you find out that you walked into a freeway of some sorts. You can follow it eastwards, and maybe pick through some car wrecks (is that an Ambulance up in the distance?)  or you could continue northwards, back into the forest, and maybe find richer pickings when you reach the residences later. (please do not use coordinates in your public posts)

 

United Survivors still in their encounter. (sorry guys, i'm kind of short on personal time lately)

 

Maritime soldiers still in their encounter (i believe, if you have not heard from anyone yet, let me know, and i'll take a stab at it myself)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oranje

The but nusters

@chief_error, Against better judgement, you spent a great deal of time trying to find something useful in this well traversed area. Overturning garbage cans, half caved in buildings, and the occasional car wreck. With the help of your friends, you clear out some rubble in front of a blocked door, you cut your hand on a piece of glass (-3 hp) It turns out to be worth the effort however, as you discover a small stash of items.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oranje

Black Cuffs

@Madiakz, After a few steps, you get this eerie feeling of deja-vu, of having been here before, you look at your surroundings, directly South you can see what looks like a commercial area, with shops and warehouses, to the East, a residential area. You'll have to decide which way you'll go in now. (South will give you a better chance of weapons and ammo, East meds or food on a search action)

 

The but nusters

@chief_error, After breaking up your make shift camp, and eating some rations, you head deeper into the city. Your compatriots are being unusually quiet, and you are starting to worry about them maybe being a hallucination, then again, who wouldnt be going a tad crazy in a city like this?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oranje

Reporter

@scompton, Leaving your hideout behind, you begin your journey towards the city of Tarkov anew. (i'll try to make it up bud, my life's a mess atm)

 

Wanderer's coffee club

@UncleDark, You smell the dampness of the earth, and listen intently to the sounds of the forest. Man, you've missed this place, and you are quite sure it's glad to see you return. Then you trip over a loose rock, and fall flat on your face (-2hp) perhaps, you where mistaken.

 

Black cuffs

@Madiakz, Sneaking from building to building, you manage to stay unseen, or so you believe. You think you are getting close to the spot where you heard the shots earlier. (You are moving, but probably more slowly then you expect. Before you did an explore, i gave you two options, you choose the third, go figure :P )

 

The but nutsers

@canadianwattpad, Giving the area around you a good once over, which takes a great deal of your time, you find one of those spiffy tomahawks, and a magazine with some ammo remaining in it. (are you guys posting in sequence or something?)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oranje

Reporter

@scompton, Trudging through this forest is growing old fast, the gnats, the mud, you got to say though, with the fog glistening off of the cobwebs, there's still beauty here, if you just keep your eye out for it. This distraction causes you to trip over some underbrush, but amazingly, you miss the mud, don't hit any sharp sticks, and no rocks either, and land softly on a patch of soft grass. After brushing yourself off, you continue on your way.

 

The but nustsers

@canadianwattpad, Leaving your friends to their own devices, you start to comb the area around you for valuables or, well, anything you can put to use really, your pockets could use a good filling. All the cabinets and closets yield nothing however. You spend a few hours digging through some old garages, and find nothing at all. At the end, you grow tired of this, and make your way over back to where you would meet your friends, disgusted with your fruitless attempts to find anything, you kick over a garbage can, which barely budges, and makes a dull thud... This peeks your interest, and you turn it over, only to find exactly what you where looking for, bingo(There's nothing wrong with your writing, really, and you can write whatever you want, as long as you don't find your own loot, or make your own encounters, the better you write though, the better the results ;) )

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oranje

Reporter

@scompton, Walking around with wet socks is not your idea of pleasurable, So you take an hour or so to find some Birch tree to build a smokeless, hot fire to dry out your clothing. While walking around barefoot, you splash around in the mud a bit, and feel a weird object hidden in the mud, using your shovel getting it out of the ground, you find a submachine gun, complete, with some ammunition. Although the weapon isnt broken, its dirty as heck, and you might want to consider having someone look at it before you put it to use, unless you're desperate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oranje

Reporter

@scompton, Writing in your journal about your adventures makes you relive them somewhat, or did you just sit down on something wet? Today you remained in the same location, taking the opportunity to set your gear to order, clean some muck off the weapon you found (you can't really clean it without a specialized kit)and get some rest and a good meal in. (Due to the explore, your next action will be more effective)

 

@chief_error, Your group did not save your group action on the management panel.

@Wellito, Please do not use coordinates in your public posts, also, you too did not save your action on the group management panel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oranje

Reporter

@scompton, The coffee gave you a nice little boost, and you make good time through this rural area. There are signs of battle and detritus left by people fighting at every cross road. Half burnt out houses, and you can see the occasional shadow move.

 

The but nusters

@chief_error, Finding the alley you wanted to pass through blocked off with rubble, and you decide to go through one of the buildings, instead of going the long way around. Of course, there's a blocked door, and you put your shoulder against it, a couple of times, this has no effect what so ever, unless you count your spiffy new bruise (-3hp). So, the long way around it is. (You are in a fairly large group, and everyone in it is using food every turn, one person cannot find enough to keep all of you going, your friends are going to need to start playing to be able to keep this going)

 

Well's clan

@Wellito, Trudging through the underbrush, feeling like nothing can get you down. In the distance you can see deer or two skip away, having enough food, you make no attempt to snare or catch them, for now at least. (You had not taken along your food, i moved it to your inventory, if you left it behind on purpose, and want to see how fast you starve (hint, two turns) message me.

 

Night Crawler

@rossrhodge, Making your way through the forest, pretty smug in your getup, you almost forget to bring along your food, but it is as if it appears in your pack, as it gains some weight suddenly, or perhaps you just missed a step. Making great time, you leave the woods behind you, and you enter the suburbs, perhaps you can find some trouble here, or maybe just a place to sleep. (ps, +35 xp for making a nice roleplay out of it)

 

Edited by Oranje
gah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oranje

Night crawler

@rossrhodge, Dressed like a true cat burglar, you roam through a few buildings, diving in and out of cupboards, through storage rooms, and even trash cans. Sadly, so close to the area you came from, which is well traversed, you find out all the good stuff has been taken already, you do find a few cans, without their labels...

 

Reporter

@scompton, Keeping an eye on the direction you expect company from, you wait, and wait. Then you hear some noises coming from the right, and your nerves tense, just when you cant hold them anymore, you see movement. Kicking open the door, aiming your weapon at the figure, you pull the trigger when your cross hairs cover it, and the gun refuses to operate, which saves the life of the cat you just scared half to death, it hisses, and darts away under a wrecked car. (sorry bud, bad rolls :P )

 

@osake266, my apologies, but you did not set your group action correctly, please read my tutorial and follow the steps outlined in it, if you are having problems, you can always message me.

 

@Szajan99, you set a group action, but failed to post in the game thread how your day went, i cannot let you participate if you do not do this, sorry.

Edited by Oranje

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oranje

Nomads

@Umbraous, Leaving the relative safety of your hideout behind, you head out into the bushes. After a few meters, you get a feeling like you get when you are sure you are forgetting something. Standing under a tree, you take a minute to check your gear, while there's little enough to check, you find out you forgot your food, you hurry back to your bunker, and pick up the package you prepared earlier, then you leave, again, but this time as prepared as you can be.

 

Reporter

@scompton, The cat, a rugged, battle scarred tomcat seems to have taken a liking to you, and seems to be sticking around. While trying to find something useful you hear a meow, and you see the cat ducking under some ruble, maybe chasing a mouse. You hear some metallic sounds, and your interest is piqued. The cat comes out again, chasing a mouse. Sticking your hand into the hole, you dig around some. Feeling a bundle of cloth, and pull it out of the hole. After unpacking, you let out a low whistle, there where a few valuables wrapped in what seems to be a cloak. (+35xp for role playing)

 

Night Crawler

@rossrhodge, Leaving your searched area behind, you make good time through the suburbs. Some brushes here seem to be disturbed, as if someone recently traveled through this area. Thinking about all that could happen here in this city, you wonder if throwing a little prayer would improve your situation. You also think about what you would do if you actually bumped into someone in these back alleys, equipped as you are. (+35xp for role playing)

 

The but nusters

@canadianwattpad, The sound you heard didn't lead to finding anyone, you did saw some movement behind some scrap of a curtain. But when you searched the house, you only found a handful of ammunition, and a knife sticking in a door, there was some, well, probably blood on it, but that was quickly wiped off, on the curtains, whatever, it's not your house.

 

@Szajan99, You need to make a post in the game thread to be allowed to participate in the RPG.

Edited by Oranje

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oranje

Reporter

@scompton, Looking all around for your new fur baby, but not spotting him, you walk past one after the other abandoned building. Feeling a little uneasy about your dwindling food stores, you look for a way to replenish these. Walking past the last building before the underbrush starts, you come to a choice, either move out of the suburbs, and into the brushes and woods. Or move back into the built up area, and hope to find a relatively pristine building with untouched food stores. (Due to your explore, your next action will be more successful)

 

Night Crawler

@rossrhodge, After making camp for the night, you scrounge around the area, looking for valuables you can sell, food to eat, or maybe even a stone you can throw, direly in need of any of those as you are. Taking your flashlight, you dive into a basement, and find a footlocker under a broken down shelf. You pull it out from under it, then find out it's locked. This turns out to be less of an issue then you initially thought, since the wood is rotten from being exposed to water. The MRE's you find in it, packed as they are, didn't suffer one bit, but the weapon in it, deteriorated from it, quite a bit. In it's current condition it might be better put to use as the aforementioned rock. (You starve on turn two, so if you eat on alternating turns, you'll lose your bonuses, but live.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oranje

My apologies dear players, but this week i will have some evening classes for my work, and a lot of paperwork to do aside from that. This means i will put the RPG on hold for one week, and continue on the 4th of March 2019.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oranje

Reporter

@scompton, So, turns out that the path you where following is a wildlife trail and not really meant for big lumbering humans, that's what you conclude from the pellets and marks along it anyhow. This gives you an idea however, and you use your sharpened engineers tool to sharpen a stick into a makeshift spear, and you make a snare from a bunch of wires you took from a car. Depositing some grass clippings (Holy cow, there's a magazine here, with some ammunition in it) and setting the snare costs you a bit of time, but you're out of options. Finding a place up wind from your trap (you remember reading somewhere this was important) and settling down to wait. You wait and wait, and finally you see a doe come up the trail, and it gets trapped in your snare. The kill wasn't exactly merciful, and probably downright gruesome. After which you try to remember how on earth you would get meat from its corpse. With tears in your eyes, you puncture its innards, which spoils some of the meat, but you do manage to get a few usable pieces of meat from poor Bambi. (you are still fairly close to where you started and the loot here is scarce, without the bonus from your explore, you'd be in a fair bit of trouble now ;) )

Night Crawler

@rossrhodge, Happy with your finds, and feeling like a load has lifted from your shoulders, now you have at least something to wave around threateningly with if you run into someone. Trying not to think about these things too much, you glide from shadow to shadow, trying to get to the next part of the city. In the distance to the south you can see some fires, and in the direction you're traveling there's a few gunshots, albeit not in your direct vicinity. (+35 XP for roleplaying)

 

The long trek ahead

@Longj39, After leaving your hideout, you immediately put your nose to the ground, and try to look for valuables, or weapons, or, well, anything you can steal, pawn or loot. The darkness enveloping you does not make this easier, at around 3 am your stomach grumbles, and you silently curse yourself for leaving behind all your provisions just to travel a little lighter. Not finding any food during your search leaves you with no options, since you probably wouldn't enjoy starving out here in the middle of no-where, right?

 

@LOGANITOR, @martinnguyen, @Cedra, You three will need to make a public post (for now you can just copy your plans from your group management panel) in the game thread, please do not hesitate to message me if you have any questions about our RPG.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oranje

I am currently showing a new GM the ropes, he will be doing some work behind the scenes for a little while, and if it all works out, there will be more of us in the future :)

 

Lonely Airsofter

@XDANOMALY, Something happened on your travels, you are in an encounter for now. Please set your group action to "special" and all will be explained in a PM (I gave you your food, you left it behind in your hideout)

 

The reporter

@scompton, Waking up in that decrepit old shack was quite the experience, who knew that bed bugs could live that long without any sustenance, well they sure found some last night to make up for it! Itching your poor back the whole walk through the bushes, you begin to wonder what this city has in store for you.

 

GnK

@martinnguyen, Against your better judgement, you start to search for valuables, food or, well, anything immediately upon leaving your hideout. I mean, literally the area you've walked across a dozen times by now, and you're hoping to find something useful? Well, you got extraordinarily lucky, and you found 3 cans of catfood, yum, Salmon with gravy!

 

Night Crawler

@rossrhodge, You too have encountered something unexpected on your travels, set your group action to "special", you will be contacted shortly through PM. (Dont worry too much about making a large post, i'll take what i can get :D )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oranje

Today's event post is sponsored by our new Trainee GM @YuukiVR.

The reporter

@scompton, The next morning you wake up feeling relieved compared to yesterday. The morning sun is warming up your whole body as you crawl out of your shelter. The birds are twittering while flying around outside and the mild morning breeze is moving your creased cloak. "This has to be one of the best mornings in quite a while..." you think to yourself as you are trudging through the grass towards the tree you placed your trap at. You can already see the red tail of the unlucky squirrel who fell for your bait. (+ 3 Food ) After packing your belongings you take a look at the horizon and start wondering what else there is to see out there.

 

GnK

@martinnguyen, @YaeEars, Something happened to you on your travels through Tarkov, all will be explained in the PM i'll start with the two of you.

 

Night Crawler

@rossrhodge, in an encounter.

 

Lonely Airsofter

@XDANOMALY, In an encounter.

 

United Survivors

@NoisyCosmos, @FatherFenrir, @Dunteon, In an encounter.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oranje

The reporter

@scompton, When you are about to leave your camp site behind, you see a movement in the corner of your eye, and when you turn to look what it was, you don't see anything. However, you do see a few black feathers twirl to the ground. What the... Giving it some thought, you remember something, and chuckle. You then go on your way.

 

GnK

@martinnguyen, @YaeEars, in an encounter.

 

Night Crawler

@rossrhodge, in an encounter.

 

Lonely Airsofter

@XDANOMALY, In an encounter.

 

United Survivors

@NoisyCosmos, @FatherFenrir, @Dunteon, In an encounter.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2