Blackb1rd

Game

NoisyCosmos

Group name: Highrise Corp.

Action: Attacking.

Description:

Another night in the woods. Luckily will be the last, today we are going to reach the city and the ugly flats again. Also I'm tired of this damn wet environment, not the peace, the green and quietness here we were enjoying these two days.

This morning fog rises around trees and bushes, but birds keep their songs for us.

"Am I missing this damn watery woods?"

Waking up, I can't see Oranje nor Agnis in their respective sleeping spots, but their stuff and belongings are there. I suppose the first is anywhere close for sure, not too much worried about him; can't say the same for the second, who I finally managed to see his small figure at the edge of the near clearing.

My stomach speaks but I'm getting use to this new routine and my stomach does not hurt or rattle like the last days.

"Let's find Oranje and share our breakfast time as the little family we are". I hope Agnis will join us.

I found Oranje seated on a fallen tree. It looks old and maybe went down by a thunder or the heavy winds occasionally appear in Tarkov. I sat down with him and we spoke for a while about Agnis and today's task.

"Didn't he sleep last night, right? Poor guy. Can't do anything about it, I just can't. I'm afraid he is losing it and we will wake up someday without him or worst".

At the end of the chatting, we took today's food and breakfast.

After checking our guns and equipment, we depart from our night spot and head to the, closer now, distant buildings and flats.

The hiking was much the same as yesterday's. Birds singing, rabbits, annoying sounds and green everywhere. Of course Agnis took the middle of the formation again.

The weather was more grey than clear as we approach the wood's limits and city itself, that we finally reached no more than midday.

This part of the urbe seems like a middle class residential area. Does not look any difference at all with the ones we have in North America. Then I end thinking about my not much less family I still got back in home and then, thinking about my childhood in a neighborhood like the one I see in front of my eyes.

"No such propaganda can convince me now that we aren't really more different than Russians". Everyone wants a home, a loving couple and child's everywhere. And most important, peace to see them grow.

I don't really know how we end inside a ruined shop. What is clear, in the other hand, is the fact that we heard footsteps closer and closer and that's why I suddenly return from my familiar daydreaming.

"Shhh, someone is coming".

We quickly take cover near the window. No glass in the window frame, so the one that are coming will certainly see us soon. Oranje and me take a quick view through the window. They are two, and apparently can't see us at the moment. One wears a pretty damn good 'Mohawk' hairstyle, got a slight limp and looks wounded; also he is tattooed. The other man is pretty much unremarkable and looks like a simple Scav to me, but can't say if he is a foreigner or not.

I glance Oranje and we are ready for the worst. I control my breath and take my guns in a dual wield style, like the old school action movies. But all of a sudden, all goes to hell.

Agnis and a stand of the store are now laying on the floor after a loud impact sound. Oranje giggles and I start to think we are dead men.

What is funny is the fact that we are still alive and healthy. I still don't understand very well what happened there. The Mohawk guy quickly entered the store and did not shoot, he were followed by his mate in arms. But it turns more unbelievable. Apparently the first guy recognises the voice and giggles of Oranje because of a radio interaction they had some days ago when they were in trouble with bandits.

"I still do not believe it. The most incredible guys!"

The Mohawk is Jack Helget @FatherFenrir and the other name is Dunteon @Dunteon. Agnis did not talk much and we explained about his situation.

The more surprising think is that we are heading the same direction and our task looks the same. We have plans to recover a stolen shipment not too far away from the store and they are going for it too!

"Isn't it a coincidence? Can't believe in that now". Better take a look after this guys. One never knows.

At the end we offer them to join forces with us and they accept in sight. So we are working together for this recovery task. Agnis grumbles as he notices, but I think he really isn't up to anyone.

Now we are heading to the spot. We will start with some scout and then we'll see. I can't hide my joy about being a bigger group in the future. I hope today's end will be good for all of us and we could start a new thing right there.

• Upvote 2

FatherFenrir

Action: Attacking

Description:

The fog creates a somber feeling that has become a normal occurrence for Jack as the pair track their way though the thicket of trees. Usually he would not feel safe traveling this far off any path, but the hollow sound of birds chirping in a near-by clearing kept the two in route to whatever might be ahead. Traveling itself has been a pain due to his own injuries, from when it happened till now. His right side and arm it has become somewhat better but still very untreated. Judging by the dull pain in his rib section now, he would say his rib was probably cracked but healing. The gashes are what bothered him the most now, the one at his side started becoming lightly red. For his sake he only hopes Eir will shed some good fortune and keep it from getting infected. 

The clearing becoming apparent now. Jack takes a moment to just scan the overall environment, which is filled with houses varying in a multitude of statuses. Some where completely destroyed holding nothing that would even let you imagine the shape it once might have been, some where standing as pretty as the day they where left, minus the paint and a few windows being busted. His eyes falling on an old metal swing-set in what would appear to be an old backyard. His heart ached for some sense of knowing what happened to the children that may have occupied it, wanting to believe they didn't have to live the initial horrors of the beginning what what he saw before him.

Shaking off the thought before it let to his own children at home, he and Dunt began the stride towards the store in front of them. Looking at Dunt he knows they both were thinking of checking it out for the possibility of even a fresh bandage, even if it was clean paper-towels, for Jack's gashes. Though he pulled himself upright as possible, putting on a show trying to not look as injured as he felt. Don't want anyone to take us for an easy pick.

*Crash!* The sound made him instinctively reach for the handle of his pistol under his tattered denim jacket, realizing they approached with no cover, and felt right stupid for such a mistake that would have probably costed them their lives. Dunt, probably was just as aware of this as well, but did not matter for soon after a sharp giggle rose from somewhere inside the store.

Relaxing at the sound of the giggle, would not usually be his reaction but the tone and overall feeling it gave off was warm rather than one holding an ill intent. Almost directly after he dropped his hand back to his side, he had heard a voice calling to them in a friendly gesture. Upon the recognition of the overall voice this time not masked behind the electronics of usual radio communication, he lets Dunt know it should be alright and he can relax a bit.

On the rest of the approach he was somewhat shocked as a few others came out of the other areas of the store, seemingly that were not there a second ago. Grabbing the center individual (@Oranje) in a strong and firm gripped handshake, he gives a friendly but tired grin and introduces himself. Remembering his father had always told him you can tell a man by his handshake, that is why Jack always tries his hardest at the point of introduction especially when it involves a handshake. The Hávamál also says: Young and alone on a long road, Once I lost my way, Rich I felt when I found another, Man rejoices in man. One of Jacks favorite lines of the old nordic text and the text held true at this band of seemingly friendly and experienced men. He made sure to follow suit with the rest of the men, though the one seemed cold to us, the man named Oranje had told me he is not too keen on us but is accepting none the less. The other man Jules (@NoisyCosmos) seems happy we are here again remembering the old norse text it holds true.

Oranje then asks me and Dunt (@Dunteon) to hold our 6 o'clock, which is fine with Jack being ill equipped compared to them. He then looks toward Dunt hoping he is finding all this to his liking as well as Jack did and does.

• Like 2

fatarmenian

Group: Armenian Invaders

I search the run down buildings for any supplies trying to keep an eye out for any valuables such as money or statues etc...

Dunteon

Action: Attacking

Description: 

After some some uneventful trek through the Woods Dunt and Jack finally arrived to a residential area, most of the streets of Tarkov are rather unknown to Dunteon, him being a foreigner, but although walking through the woods allowed them to cover distance with at least some concealment that couldnt work forever.
Having reached the houses Dunt caught a glimpse of Jack starring to an empty backyard, althought he only stared for a couple seconds he then came back to himself and looked forward, maybe he knew to the owner of that house?
Some meters ahead they spotted a shop, mostly unremarkable but it could house some food or even some medicines for Jack, Dunteon was no nurse or medic but he knew that even some antibiotics could work wonders on a wound, every hour Jack pushed without proper antiseptics raised the risk of an infection.
Just before reaching the shop's door a sudden noise emerged from inside, very loud. Dunteon fearing they were done for reached for his newly acquired handgun, switched the safety off and ducked down, luckily Jack also jumped into action, readying his gun and pushing onward. When both where to breach the shop a giggle inside was heard, intriguing.
After Jack entered the shop he stared at the one who giggled and holstered his weapon, there were two other guys getting up and looking nervously, apparently they were as shocked as Dunteon as how the situation was evolving. Jack seemed to know the man who giggled, after meeting up to him he shaked hand with him vigorously. Dunteon on the other hand choose to salute with a simple nod, this group was rather well equipped compared to them so on the long road being with them could work wonders. After some preparations the group moved forward with Dunteon and Jack covering the rear, Dunteon feeling uneasy about mistrusting this guys, Jack seemed okay with them and he already proved to trust him so moved on.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

CaptainDuckshot

Group name: Loners

Action: Attack

Still in an encounter

Shadowhunter995

Group Name: A new start

Name Arcturus Deluke

Action: Searching for food with lucas

Description: 

Dreaming.....   Stop...STOP i say as the knife plunges into my chest i continue to struggle attempting to hold back my attacker all i can see is his smile... Hes smiling well trying to kill me..... he is really crazy... my vision fades as a stranger runs up with a gun....

AHHHH Arc wakes up... he examines his surroundings he is still on top of the hospital.... Thank god hes not back at that farm he says.... Lucas seems sound asleep  i get up from under the pipe i examine the surrounding area as my stomach growls arc checks his pockets and bag he has a few items of food left..... he takes out some food and attempts to eat it But he is suddenly over come by pain The wound on his chest Really Hurts he takes off his shirt and examines the wound It looks like its just starting an infection.... Ah shoot he says he quickly searches thru his bag for his newly acquired med-kit... he takes some antiseptic out and some wipes... i cleans the area of the wound with some of the wipes and lays down preparing to pour the antiseptic on his wound He braces for pain.... he starts pouring it... He almost screams in pain But he holds it in. the PAIN.... he puts the medkit back in his bag and crawls under the same pipe attempting to perhaps rest some to get rid of the pain....

Lucas then shouts Ah Dang it. Arc looks at Lucas examining what just happend and calls out are you OK? he replies yeah just a bad dream. even tho i can clearly see the red mark on his Forehead..  i chuckle on the inside i get out from under my pipe and he does the same. i can see Lucas searching in his bad and pockets. he says he is out of food... i think to myself. wow thats bad i guess we need to make a few more stops then i was planing.... we walk to the edge of the roof i again examining the area i can see a fire in the distance that was not there a few moments ago..... again i think to myself better stay away from that way guess we wont be going south for awhile... Wait We just WERE SOUTH.... i guess we got out lucky on this trip. i can see some houses in the distance to the NE. i say we can start at those houses over there Lucas agrees with me and  We head out onto the streets of this death trap called tarkov

we continue walking into the wastes of the inner city of Tarkov  we are moving in a quiet fast pace we can see trash everywhere spent casings everywhere.i tell Lucas that "it seems bit calmer today... he replies with  "maybe it's because it still early and the bandits have to have there morning coffee before they start to butcher each other" i chuckle inside but then Lucas changes the subject to maybe we were just lucky.. perhaps we were but hey we are still alive now are we not? i say in my head we talk about this reward from the bar keep... after we end the conversation we talk about needing food before we even check up on this Reward/mission.

Spending what seems like half the day we reach these houses up close they seems not that looted.... there are five houses in total there are 4 together and 1 that looks like a police station more down the road. Lucas asks "is that is a small police station".i replay"i think so" We decide to take care of what seems to be the most likely inhabited building the police station. we look thru the windows it seems like it is a police station we move very quietly towards the back door make sure to make no noise we slowly open the door it creeks very slightly when we open it i take a look inside it looks safe for now.... we spend what i think is a good chunk of the day thoroughly searching everywhere in this "police station" everywhere we check it seems like the building is not that badly damaged and it looks like not many pass thru here at all....

We exit the police station after thoroughly checking it we examine the remaining day light it looks like its about mid day... arc thinks to himself i guess i was wrong about the time we spent in that station. we move onto search the rows of houses starting with the closest one we move up slowly opening the door i take the time to look for traps it seems like we are safe for now we move in it seems like this house is in pristine condition.. interesting we search every where someone could hide anything. heck i even look behind the books on the book shelf on the 2nd floor. we exit the house and move onto the next. this one has a red X on the front door. i examine the out side it seems safe but again i look for traps  again it seems safe.. or what i think is safe i open the door to find a dead body without a head on the ground i see a triped wire i examine the area around the inside it seems like a shotgun trap was at the top left of the door when you entered but there is no shotgun there now. We slowly walk in deeming it safe for now we search the rest of the house even tho it looks looted completely i also check the body but he seems to have nothing left that is worthwhile. we exit the red X house and move onto the next this one seems again in pristine condition odd as the previous house was looted.... we go up to the front door i attempt to open the door But it seems locked or barricaded.... we take a look thru the windows and see no signs of life we go around the house and see if there is a back door..."AH thank god there is a back door i say"  we attempt to open the door and succeed opening it seems theirs no traps in this open But why was the front door locked if the back was not....... we take our time to think this house seems looted But not looted at the same time. like half of it is missing we search what we can and move onto the next house this one seems a tab bit ruined but still intact. i examine the day light we have left and it  seems like its around 5 to 6 pm. we enter the house after examining the sky this one seems looted of everything of use Heck the doors are not even on the house they are pried off thrown to the side.... we search that ruin that is this house and exit.....

are are done searching we both  decide to find one of the houses to sleep in we decide to move into the  house with the locked front door that one still had some intact beds. we move into the house and barricade the back door with one of  the cabinets from the kitchen we walk up to the 2nd floor witch leads to the master bedroom and children's room i tell Lucas he can have the master bedroom i will take the nearby child's bed  luckily the bed is big enough for me i doss off into sleep hoping to wake up the next morning

/

Lucasrank

Move nr 16

Action: Searching for food

Description: clenching my teeth and puting my hand on my elbow I sit back up. I sit there for a short moment just holding my elbow waiting for the shooting pain to faid. I let go of my elbow and put my hand on the floor to stand back up. I then reliese that I have been siting in a small pool of half dried blood. The realization makes me quickly jump back on my feet but the fast motion almost makes me slip and fall again. After taking a moment to steady myself I start to slowly and carefully move back to the curtain being very aware of where I put my feet. Moving the curtain the light reveales a body lying in one of the beds. It looks like his rib cage and stomach is open. Having a closer look I see that alot of his organs are [email protected]#* I thought we were done with this crap. Not wanting to see more of this stuff I dont check any of the other beds. I search any drawers and cabinets that are not locked, not finding anything I walk out of the room again. Looking to my left I see Arc walking out of a room a couple meters away from me with a first aid kit in his hands. "I see that it went better for you..." I say holding my elbow,"diden't you finde anything?" he says. I look back at the room and then back at him " A body missing he's organs..."

After searching the last rooms we then move up to the roof. We finde a dead body in a crawling position looking like he was trying to get to a box. both the body and box have been looted. Arc tells me that he have barricaded the door and it should keep us a bit safer for the night, then he tells me somthing about a bar, a cigar box and a reward. I try and ask him about the "reward" but he just tells me that he's extreamly tired, looking at him I can see that he's not lying. "okey we can talk about it tomorrow" I say. Arc starts to stumble towards a big pipe and then he crawls underneath it. I look at him a bit confused and he sees it "rain" he says, "ahh okey" I replie. I finde a second pipe not very far away from Arc and sit down beside it. I take a look in my backpack and see that I have no food left..."sigh...can this day get any worse" I mumble to myself. crawling under the pipe I feel my stomach and arm wounds screaming back at me in pain. Laying under the pipe I try and get some sleep.

"Bang!" I hit my head waking up. "ah dammit!" I say to myself. I see Arc looking at me still under he's pipe."You okay?" he asks,"yeah yeah I'm okay just a bad dream" We both crawl out from under our pipes. Holding my forehead and looking at Arc I tell him that I'm completely out of food and need to finde some ASP. We walk over to the edge of the roof and have a look around. Not very far from here we see a couple of houses, "We can start over there" Arc says and I agree. We guess which houses it is on the map and then we leave the hospital to once again travel through the streets of Tarkov...

We move as fast and as quiet we can, keeping low and listening for any other sounds then our own foot stepps. "It's a bit calmer today" Arc whispers, "maybe it's because it still early and the bandits have to have there morning coffe before they start to butcher each other" I reply with a joking tone and smiling. I then quickly relise what i just said and how bad it actually sounded "or maybe we are just lucky" I quickly say. Trying to change the subject I start to ask him about the "reward" he was talking about yesterday. He tells me about a bar called Romp Bar and that he has been there before and that he heard talk about cigars or somthing. "Maybe we can take a look in to that later if it's not to far way, but for now we need to finde food" I replie.

Spending the whole morning moving we finaly reatch the area with the houses. There is five houses, four in a row and one a lite futher away from the others. the one house sperated from the others is alot bigger. "Is that a "small" police station?" I ask. "I think so" Arc replies. We slowly walk up to it guns ready.  Looking through one of the windows we see that it actually is what we thought. "It's not a chance in hell that this is not looted" I wisper.  We walk to the backside of the station and finde a back door. Placing my hand on the doorhandel and pushing down the door slowly creeks open. We spend a long time thurowly searching through the whole station.

When done searching it's mid-day and we move from the station to the row of the four houses. Searching through all the houses takes a long time and when we are done it's late in the night. barricading the door of the house 
to the far right we find a room to sleep in.

Oranje

Action: Searching the area

Description:

I took the last watch, so i got to see everyone wake up, it's funny how quickly the new additions felt secure with us, but i was glad to see it. During breakfast we talk about how we all got to where we are, and what we all think about whats happening here, as well as nearly getting run over by that damn truck yesterday, i did save some of those Coffee beans though, and occasionally chew on one when i feel like it. (why would anyone randomly throw those away?) Jules got it into his head that our group could use a name, and came up with quite a few suggestions, how else where we going to strike fear into the heart of the bad guys in this city. (this got a right good laugh out of me)

We talk about that radio message we got at the end of the day, from the Barkeep at the Romp bar, seems someone got to the cigars before us, Guess the early bird got the worm and all that. We decide that today we are going to try and find something to supplement our food supply, i do not like the look of our remaining stash, and going hungry is something we should avoid.

We follow the road into the city, towards where that truck came from, and see a two story Motel in the distance, flanked by what seems like an office building, or maybe meant for storage, all fenced in. The parking lot seems pretty huge, and intentionally cleared of vehicles. This looks like a very good place to check for valuables, and it will hopefully yield the things we need. Being sneaky like a fox, we scout of the buildings from a distance, we see one scrawny looking guy leave at the far side of the property, through a break in the fence, that is all though, so we decide to go in for that closer look. We cross the parking lot, no alarms or calls where heard, so we assume this place is deserted. We briefly plan how this is going to work, we'll break up and each group will take a building, i pick the Motel, and head towards it. Dear lord, this place looks like John Wick just lost another dog, and came here to get even on it's killer, the word Carnage does not do the place any justice. Finding a couple of bodies, full of holes and obviously relieved of any valuables, i decide not to waste any time on them, and go into the lobby, where the first thing i do, is see if i can find the register, which to my surprise, is missing completely. I check the small office, taking any room keys i find, determined to search what i can. My next stop is the kitchen, to which the door was blocked but that was thankfully easily cleared. Taking a small break in one of the rooms, i found out, oh dear lord, not only is there running water, it's still heated by the solar boiler on the roof, so i quickly take a shower. and be sure to let everyone know over the radio of this small stroke of luck (i think i heard a cheer in the background, and someone running to the room i just left)

I break down a door or two, also trying the key i found on that dead bandit a few days ago on any lock it might fit on, and even resorting to borrowing Dunteons tool set to get into every room thats closed off, i quickly make a mental list of rooms that warrant a second look, some of these seem to have been used for storage, others as communal sleeping places. some are fairly pristine, others look like they where used as a pig stable (and thats being generous) There are still signs of recent combat all over the place though, one of the rooms has a still working door, but it looks like someone performed the "Here's Johny" scene from the Shining on it.

As we agreed upon ahead of time, Jack calls us all together at around midday to discuss our findings, and point out the areas that could use a fresh eye, or a hand to help get access too, an excited Jules comes up, and shows us a poster he found, exclaiming he found the perfect name for the group, and passes the poster along for all too see. we all eat some lunch, and Jack asks someone to help him bind his wounds with our first aid kit, which he promptly gets.

After this interlude, we all head back to our chosen buildings, and continue our searches, occasionally with a little help to get to those hard to reach places. I lose track of time, enjoying this little scavenger hunt maybe a little too much. All good things come to an end however, and eventually we leave this place, a little tired, our packs a little heavier, but a day well spent.

//If you are wondering what that poster that Jules found looks like, here is it is;

5ac5505dcd2c9_UnitedSurvivors.jpg.579723e7dab4c2c84170dde95d791114.jpg

//Our group shall henceforth be known as the United Survivors.

• Like 4

NoisyCosmos

Group name: United Survivors.

Action: Searching the area.

Description:

Tonight I felt asleep like a baby for the first time since Tarkov went to hell. Before that, I talked a lot with the new guys, Jack and Dunteon, about their experiences until now and how they managed to survive. It's crazy all the stuff they were through without killing anyone. We also spent some time chatting during breakfast in the morning. Didn't know what to think about them the first time we meet each other, but now, they look like a pair of good guys to me for sure. Maybe that's the reason I felt asleep so easy. Maybe I'm feeling more secure now with those guys. And I feel we are forming something. That's when I started thinking about naming our group.

"A name with power and personality. A name who let people known clearly we are true survivors and not a bunch of dirty Scavs. But of course, they need to take us seriously, we are no friends of murderers or bandits. And you guys take in mind I will never accept any name close to one 'Predator' or another. That's what a little child might choose".

How cool is my mood today that I forgot about the truck and the coffee seeds guys until Oranje spoke about them. Apparently the barkeeper at The Romp Bar confirmed someone recovered his cigarettes last night. Our suspicions about the truck leaving in a hurry now links very well. But we are not done yet in this area. Maybe those guys were running for a reason and didn't clear the area or they leave behind something could be useful for us. We need food and other equipment for sure; more if we are now five in the group.

I decided to give one of my spare guns to the new guys and some ammo so we can stand better in any future battle. It's not much, but you can't say we are plenty of equipment. Talking of what, when I was searching for the guns in my backpack, I found the flashlight I took some days ago in one of the building we searched. Instantly I remembered about the batteries I found in the shop near the gas station two days ago. Those batteries could fit inside the lantern for sure. I'll give it a try.

So we finally head directly opposite to the truck's way. The road leads deeper into the city at a point we can't see the woods anymore. No more birds and a lot more flats.

We walk cautiously in the pavement, me and Jack on point, Oranje and Dunteon behind. Looking around for any dangers and specially an ambush. If those guys took the cigarettes, I don't think the owners will be very happy. We all end near some kind of two story motel flanked by an office building of some kind. The place are well fenced and there are some concrete blocks here and there. In the centre, between us and the motel's front door there is a parking lot with some cars. We then decided the best approach is to scout the area first and then act.

Ten minutes later we all are in the roof of the closest building in front of the motel. There is no sign of human activity so far. The place looks deserted.

"Wait a second... Look, there's a guy out there, in the fence!".

A poor looking guy leaves the parking lot at the far side of the fenced wall. There is a break. We saw this guy's hole like an opportunity to advance and take a close look. No alarms or signs of danger as we approach. We are as sneaky as we could.

No much time later, I found myself inside the motel with Oranje. Dunteon and Jack are outside going for their selected buildings. The first thing we notice is there are a lot of holes in the motel's hall with their respective dead corpses around. Blood and dusty cover the walls. What an horror picture.

Leaving this behind Oranje head in a way and I take the opposite so we split for a better searching. I see that some door are breached and others are closed with no sign of living sound inside. We could search them later with the tools Dunteon has. At the end of the main corridor there's a stair heading to the first floor that I take. Surprisingly there are sandbags near the stair and what looks like an abandoned mounted heavy machine gun. Would be interesting if we can take it out of the mount at some point or savage anything. After this gun post, I see four rooms in the hallway and an open area in the far corner.

First room is opened and looks like offices of some kind. There is a table, two cabinets and some clothes in a coat rack. The second room is a bathroom with what looks like a metal cabinet. The third is some kind of sleeping quarter with litters, boxes and cabinets all around. The fourth is closed but there's an intact glass in the middle of the door.

"I think I can smash the glass with my hatchet and then open the door".

The final open area of the first floor looks like a radio station or communication room. There is a lot of radio equipment. Some broken and old and some more new and pristine. There are also some metal green boxes and is well illuminated by two lights in the top of the room. The radios also blink sometimes

"Do this building have some kind of power supply"?

Looking around and searching for any useful stuff I found what looked like an old paper between the green boxes and one of the room's walls. At the first time I didn't take it seriously but then I saw some kind of red painting in it and caught my attention.

"Wow! It's an old poster. Looks like soviet propaganda."

It's old but I can see a striping rising sun in golden yellow and red in the background and a closed fist pointing the sky in foreground. There are some russian letters in top. I think its meaning is about being united.

"Being united and strong. Hmm, definitely we need to be both to survive. Because we are survivors right?". A perfect name rises inside my exhaust and not holed brain.

It was getting late so I meet the guys in the rendezvous point at midday. Jack's was calling we were being late and I came running. The guys already were there and with no time for hand shaking I shout...

"United Survivors!".

Pointing at the piece of old paper I found inside the motel.

Edited by NoisyCosmos
Spelling and minor changes
  • Like 2

Ravenhawkhero

Group: Ravenhawkhero's raiding party

Action: Explore

Description: After a good night at the Highrise, we continue towards out destination, moving slower as the population thickens

See actions regarding group

Dunteon

Group name: United Survivors.

Action: Searching the area.

Description:
Being in a bigger group clearly had its advantages, i managed to get much more sleeping hours plus the more guns you can point to bad guys the better. Being part of something was oddly refreshing, being alone since the worst started sort of alienated me, everyone seemed to try to get something out of me but even here in the middle of a warzone i didnt feel alone anymore,

After sunrise we found out that the contract about those cigarette crates was already done, most likely the guys in the truck beat us to it. They seemed in a hurry, i know that they should deliver the crates but they were really going fast, almost recklessly in a truck that was nowhere near of being safe. Luckily the others reached to similar conclusions so we set off from where the truck came from.
We slow the pace as we get to the final approach, this pays off as we spot someone leaving the area of interest, a motel.
We approach the motel moving carefully finding no resistance at all but it becomes obvious that the guys in the truck were here, multiple shots were fired and some bodies are laying around.
We set out to check bodies, parked vehicles, rooms and other installations inside this complex. After some hours of searching we meet up to share any finding, a poster Jules found takes the spotlight "United Survivors" a , with a soviet era vibe but nontheless a good design.
After searching any body or unlocked car in the parking lot and entrances i will focus on checking the kitchen or dinning area, even any intact food dispensing machine will call my attention even if its locked, i can either break it using my knife or  working on the lock with my tools. I would kill for a good cola flavored drink, nothing local just all fashioned american sugar packed carbohydrated drink.

kPcihc9.jpg

Edited by Dunteon
NA
  • Like 2

FatherFenrir

Group name: United Survivors (Now formally known as Highrise Corps.)

Action: Searching the Area

Description:

Interlude:

"Jack hurry up, your going to be late for your afternoon breakfast before work." The soothing but playfully mocking voice says as he stares at his freshly dried face in a foggy mirror. Smiling as he dawns his tan shirt with the embroidered name above the breast pocket and a pair of well fitting blue jeans.

"Coming dear..." He hollers back already forgetting the horror that was left behind a few weeks ago. Somewhat amazed the plant he works at as a supervisor kept his job held even though he never told them he was leaving. Not paying it no mind he turns the handle on his bathroom door and enters the short hallway, the walls a cream color and brown short carpet to help accent it. The lights turned it into a very welcoming and warm brownish color overall. A pair of doors on the opposite side of the bathroom, one his and his wives, and the other his two sons. Sounds of small laughter and fun, an occasionally light thump of toys bouncing off of something told him that the kids were having fun playing this afternoon. Jack has worked the night-shift for a long few years at this plant, and seems to enjoy it due to not having to deal with an alarm clock, but has always bugged him to not be there for his kids and wife during the day. 

Stopping into the doorway to give his two sons a look over, Timothy Jr. was three and was as energetic and full of adventure as any three year old. His hair was getting somewhat long and needed a trim, he just sat there on the floor with the red truck in his hand pushing it and ramming it through some toy soldiers. Jacks oldest, James was six and was a dang good learner passing all the kids in class at reading and writing, though not very social or the outside type he enjoyed playing video games when he was allowed. James with a dirty blond buzz cut, we just had his hair cut recently and we always cut it short, he sat on his bed building with some blocks and then tipping them off onto the floor.

Smiling at them both he gave them both a hug and told them he is going to be off to work after a bit and that he loved them very much, squeezing them tightly after being away so long, he didn't want to let go. When he did they smiled and said they loved him too, and to never go away again. Jack promised and walked back out the door, only this time things changed...

He found the walls had changed back into the industrial warehouse, alone and afraid, he turned to find his sons doorway gone and the brick wall replacing it. "No....No...NO!!" He yelled as he ran down the tall isles of industrial goods, looking for a way out of the creeping dark. He stopped realizing something, looking over to the wall, several craters and a stain... He gasped audibly as he realized what... or who was missing from that grizzly scene. As he grabbed for nothing hoping for something in defense, his movement was cut short as slimy decomposed hands grabbed him from behind, the one hand around his chin and throat forced his head back and to the side to become face to face with grizzled and horrible face of the corpse-man.... the scream in Jacks throat never escaped...

Morning:

Jack shot up straight, quickly but silently. He could feel the clamminess of the cold sweat under his arms as he tried to rub the fabric of his dirty tee shirt to help dry it. He got up and found the rest of his comrades already eating and chatting a bit, quickly and silently joining them and grabbing something himself, he listened intently to Jules talking about a name. This made Jack smile as he agreed a name would help him think of each other not only as individuals but also a unit. Surprisingly he was pretty attached to the guys already seeing as he has honestly he was pretty lonely overall, purely platonic of course. 

"...I will never accept any name close to one 'Predator' or another. That's what a little child might choose" Jules was just finishing his thought.

"I don't think a name like that would fit our agenda anyway, feels to much like we are blood thirsty." Jack would retort over his dried bit of ration.

Oranje and Jack had discussed a bit of what was to happen today since it was now known to the group that barkeeps task was fulfilled. The next cause of concern was food, so following up on our groups own personal task we decide to head farther down the road, considering the moving truck coming from there bound to be possible areas of interest. Before we set out during the pack-up Jules approaches Jack with a grin on his face seemingly a mile wide, he mentions he has something for me as he digs around in his pack, stopping for a moment to eyeball a flashlight and a few batteries, then continuing to grab a box or two of some bullets placing them to the side. He then reaches in once more sliding out a firearm that has Jack somewhat disbelieves he would just hand off to him, but he takes it in his hand and looks over the deadly piece of steel, keeping the barrel toward the ground. Admiring it he flips the safety on and checks the chamber and magazine before gripping it for the walk ahead since he had no way to holster it with his pistol taking up his shoulder holster.

Noon/Afternoon:

Walking down the pavement Jack and Jules were on point, Jack was sure to constantly be checking for places of cover in case things went south. He personally hated traveling open road in a place like this, he just felt overly exposed. As they reach the opening on the pavement, they notice the buildings and cautiously approach.

"Wait a second... Look, there's a guy out there, in the fence!" Jules mentioned in a harsh whisper.

Jack actually only ever saw the moment of movement as his eyes were fixated on windows and upper areas. Ambush points were always best from a high ground where you could create a kill zone... at least that's what his father had always told him.

Oranje makes a quick suggestion that I signal for the regroup later since I am taking the small building next to the motel. I oblige and head off, towards the door on the side of it. Probably an employee entrance or a fire escape, either way the steel door swung open easily. Flipping the safety off on the new firearm the was acquired from Jules, Jack flipped the shoulder mount down and entered with a "weapon ready" stance. The butt pressing onto the gash on his right side made it throb but it was closed up for the most part causing just some discomfort. He could tell it was starting to get infected and needed treated soon, but first thing is first to clear this building.

The building was small, maybe some kind of call center, cause the first thing he noticed was the amount of office phones thrown about, cordage, and unreadable paperwork. Desks that were still standing and around he pulled out drawers quickly just eyeing them for anything of value. After going though a good portion he decided to go towards the small hallway with a few doors down it. The dull old grey walls spoke no tales of what they have seen, opening the first door on his right he enters a break-room. Just then his radio chirps with Oranjes voice saying something about a shower, Jack really doesn't pay any mind at the moment while clearing a building.

Glancing behind him everything looks safe for the moment, he fully enters the break room tearing open the pantries and closets. He even goes through the old fridge hoping to find something shelf stable, and he knows this is the room he must cover the most. Checking high and low, and empties out old lunch pales mostly of old rotted food, he knew one of these employees must have been lazy enough to just bring in a can or two of quick meals. He knows all to well from working in plants of people that some are too lazy or don't have time so they just bring a can or some instant noodles.

Taking whatever from there he proceeds to search through the two bigger seemingly management offices. The first office the drawers are locked, but usually the locks are pretty flimsy. Taking his knife from its sheath he places it between the insert where drawer meets desk, giving it a sharp kick in the center of the hilt. The cheap desk lock pops as the drawer jam is displaced from the bracket, opening it he takes anything again that looks interesting.

The second office however has been what looks to be converted as the desk is slid up against the wall and the chair is flipped over, there is a couch and a table where they used to be, but whats on the table catches his eye. A box or container of some kind, about medium sized and definitely could hold a few different things if needed, but it could even be filled with disappointment as he opens it and looks whats inside taking again anything it may contain, even if it is broken dreams...

Figuring that should be all that holds anything of worth in this building he leaves the same way he came in, popping a button on the radio he sends the meet up signal. The one word repeated twice he breathed into the microphone on the device was "Assemble, Assemble."

They met back where they started and then actually took refuge in the room with some running water so Jack may use it to thoroughly clean and dress his wound. Before heading into the secluded room with the med-kit Oranje so graciously let Jack borrow, Jules had some exciting news as the poster made its way around, holding it in one hand Jack smiled as he passed it off to another member of the party. 

"If I am not out in twenty minutes, send in a rescue team." He says to add to the light mood as he shuts the door to attend to his wounds.

While in the bathroom, he flips on the water and removes his clothing, he will wash them later if there is still water left. Opening the barely used med-kit he prepares some bandages, a small bottle of alcohol, and some needle and thread. Climbing in and sitting in the hot water the water is instantly turned a brown black as it runs off his body, a mix of blood and mud whirlpools down the drain. Gritting his teeth he gets to work to pull the wound on his side apart, the angry red showing he knows its got to be cleaned.

Flesh parts from flesh, as he grunts in agony, a mix of thick blood and cream white puss mix together as it opens. Using his left hand he starts to tear pieces of bandage off and use it as a way to clean the inside of the wound, tossing them to the side as he slowly completes this agonizing task. After what feels like an eternity he finally feels like it is clean enough, a pile of bloody scraps lay on his right, the wetness from the shower water pooling below them in a reddish pink water. The part he know is going to be some agony is disinfecting the wound with the medical alcohol. Standing out of the flow of water he pulls the top off of it and without thinking or anything he dumps it into the wound covering it as much as possible before what was coming next. The sting of it hit him like a brick, a hot iron felt like it was pressed to his right side, he balled up and let out a agonized yell. Trying to fight it for as long as possible before hitting it with hot water again. Fully satisfied with the should be cleanliness of it he took the needle and thread and dipped it in the cap of alcohol prepared and began to stitch the wound closed, his side numb from pain and shock. It was a rag-tag job of a stitch but it should hold long enough for it to heal. As he climbed out he dried it off the best possible and wrapped a full length bandage around his torso before washing his tee shirt in the the water, he will just use his jacket buttoned up till it dries off or they get a fire going.

When he exited the shower area, his mohawk was matted down in a wet heap on one side of his head and his bit of beard was dripping water. His jacket buttoned up but the one sleeve still tore pretty well, his pants clung to his wet legs because he had no way to dry them and he put them back on in a rush. Collapsing now into a sitting position against the wall and closed his eyes for a moment and he relished a little bit of relaxation before whatever was to come next... 

//Use Med-Kit on self

• Like 2
  • Hot 1

UncleDark

Group name: Wanderer's Coffee club

Action: Another day, another adventure... Time to roam!

Interlude: After our successful raid on the bandits and our quick escape with our freshly acquired wheels, I spent few days in The Romp bar healing my scrapes and bruises and drowning myself to bartenders delicious espresso. While I did find decent amount of coffee from my latest exploration, sadly it was no where near the amount I had set out to recover. So two days later while sitting at the bar with Slayer, we decided that it was time to gear up and head out once again.

As I enter tarkov's quarantine zone from familiar woods, I take deep breath and enjoy the oddly vibrant sensation that you only get from tarkov: Automatic fire echoing in the air, occasionally complemented by explosions rocking the city. Smell of burning rubber and gasoline drifting in the winds enhanced by ever so subtle scent of rotting corpses. And all overpowered by aroma of coffee from my new thermos mug. "Ah it is good to be here again." I growl while flashing a wolfish grin. Then I turn towards Slayer while lighting a cigarette and ask "All set there mate? What do you say, time to head out and find some trouble again?" I take deep drag and while exhaling I add "I'm eager to test these new toys of mine."  I take couple more drags from my smoke while thinking aloud about our team mates. "Lynch needs couple more weeks for his GSW to heal. And Dalton shouted something about catching up with us soon as he could, while rushing after some Canadian UN trooper visiting the bar. I can only hope that he stays out of trouble." I take last drag of my cigarette, stump it and check that all my gear is secure and my gun is locked & loaded. "Another day, another adventure. Let us see where this one leads." I flash a smirk to Slayer, while digging into a can inside my vest. After some rummaging I pull out a few coffee beans, chuck them over my shoulder and whisper "Lady Luck you have been good to us so far, grant us your blessing once again." With these words I set out for march to our next destination.

After few hours of trecking we come to the edge of the woods, and see decent sized building ahead of us. "it could be an appartment building or it could be some sort of office building." I say quietly while shifting my gun to a better position. After some planning and scouting for possible hostiles, we decide to dash over the road and attempt to enter said building. If we get inside we'll search the building floor by floor, room by room. While at same time covering each others backs, and keeping our senses at full alert for any signs of company.

Edited by UncleDark

SlayerWR

Group Name: Wanderer's Coffee Club

Action: Move

Description:

It felt like forever.

The night of the raid, every minute felt like an eternity. It feels good to finally be walking again with my friend. 

"Yea... I don't know what's happening to those two, Uncle, but I agree with you - I hope they're alright."

The Bartender was quite happy when he saw us with his shipment, and I was quite happy with the cash he gave us. 

"Well Uncle, where are we off to now?" 

"Wherever the wind takes us, friend."

Leaves crunched under my boots as we marched through the forest. I need to get back into the swing of things after all of that relaxing. My injury in my chest has faded away, and I feel better than ever. I feel like I could run 10 miles! Unfortunately, I don't know if I can say the same for Uncle. The knee brace I found has helped him a lot, but given that his leg is hurt in the first place, I could guarantee that he couldn't march as far as I could.

I inspected the bottle of Opioids in my pocket as I walked on an old rock path. I figured maybe I would be able to trade these, if I found the right group of people... 

Perhaps, maybe the drug business would work out in this region after all... maybe I wouldn't have to give up my old ways...

I pushed the thought out of my head. The person that is in me, in Tarkov, is not the same person that was in America. I refuse to give in to those ways... but maybe I could sell what I found so I can stop thinking about it.

There was always something that drew me in to Uncle. He was quite mysterious with his ways... his thing with coffee threw me off a bit, but I didn't really care about it. He never really complained about anything, like life was always better than it seemed. That part made me wonder if he was shooting something into his veins behind my back. I grew suspicious, but figured better of it, so I carried on! 

We came across an apartment building, and I followed what he told me to do and we went into the building.

Dare808

Group Name: HmSk

Action: Search

Description:

As I wake up more refreshed than normal, I say to myself "That was actually pretty comfortable."

I pack my stuff and start to look through the garages and other buildings trying to find food, water, guns, and anything else that could be useful. I know its going to be a long day so I make sure to keep hydrated and eat a ration.

I decide I want to search the whole day to make sure that I find everything that is useful.

I go back to the office and see if I should change positions encase there is a window that some can look through. Once I find myself comfortable with the room I am in so that I wont be spotted, I kick my feet back up and sleep in my comfy chair.

john6352

Group Name: FunkyHunterZ

Action: Explore

Description: 

So i found myself in the middle of an Forest and all i was thinking of was eat.
i were pretty hungry and couldnt manage to find something to eat yet.
So i decided to move forward to the city i could see in the far north and try to find something usefull like weapons, food, something to drink or maybe something to open doors like keys or maybe a crowbar.

Ravenhawkhero

Group: Ravenhawkhero's Raiding Party

Action: Ambush

Desc: I decide that if cars are passing on the highway it should be possible to hijack one. I Lay in wait for a car to pass, then begin to follow it to where it stops. Hopefully there I can steal it.

tobiassolem

Group name: 5th Scout Infantry

Description:

Early morning:

Pumped with adrenaline from the fight with the SCAV's, I keep moving northeast. Taking the time to move sneakily from cover to cover as I move through the suburbs. 

I make sure to keep a low profile, and use my eyes to try and spot anything possible of use.

Mid-day:

Convinced that I no longer am followed by those SCAVs, I spend most of the day searching through vehicles parked here and there. Using my knife to break door locks (rather than crash windows and make noise). 

Finding a black BMW sedan in decent condition, (using the previous technique) I break open the trunk, crawling in, and climbing over the back seat (rather than trying to open any of the doors). Searching through the back seat, and glove compartment. 

I try to apply similar methods to as many cars as I can during the mid-day. 

Afternoon:

After searching through cars during the day I come upon an old classic russian panel truck (probably from the late 60ies) setup with huge extra lanterns, very dark toned windows, (and with leather cushions on the inside). My final mission is to attempt to break into this panel truck and use its back seat as a bed for the night.

Jonrambo

Group : R&D's team

Action : Move

Description :

Morning/Noon/Afternoon

After many week, I decide to leave my laboratory and find a way to leave this damn region. I pack everything usefull and I walk to spot building, where I can have more stuff, and maybe a good point of view, to spot a way to escape Tarkov.

I avoid road and exposed pathway. If I see a group of people, I stand back and find another way to go forward.

Dusk/Noon

I go back to a safe place I spotted before. I check if there is nobody, in the building where I will rest.

While I try to find my sleep, I remember what happened in this laboratory and is harder to sleep after.

Lucasrank

Move nr 17

Action: Searching anything useful

Description: Getting too sleep in a comftreble bed, something I havent done in some time I feel well rested. standing up I walk out to see if Arc is awake or not. Walking in to the room he was sleeping in, seeing him lying in the small childrens bed makes me crack up. I tell him to get up and that we have to keep moving. We sit down at the dinner table and lay out a map. I start by saying  "We need to keep moving north, we also need more suplice if we are ever going to make it". Talking a bit I ask him if I could get some of that food he found. He says "sure" and hands me half of what he found. Extreamly suprised about his generosity I give him some extra ammo for his MP-443 pistol I gave him back at the farm.

Leaving the house it's a quiet morning, no gunfire, no screaming, just some birds chirping in the trees. Our destination is not very far away and we aim to search a couple houses not far away. We move slow trying to stay in the shadows away from the morning sun. 

Reaching the area of the houses we finde four more houses. One of them have burn marks by the edges of every window and looking through one of the low once the whole interior is completely black and every piece of furniture is neither damaged or burnt to a crisp. "I think we should skip this hous" ,"I don't think anything have survived in there".  We skip the burt house for now and move over to the house right beside it.

It's a "typical" family home, nothing really unordinary except that it's a litle bit burnt on the wall facing the other house. We first make a quick safety search through the house then we do a careful search for anything useful. Mothes of looting and not cleaning have left this house in a mess. There is broken family portrets, empty cans, diferent kinds of trash litering thr floor, even a one time use grill in the midel of the livingroom.

Moving to the next house the door is locked and all the windows are boarded up from the inside. Walking to the backside of the house we finde a broken window and the planks boarded up on the inside look a bit losser then i the other windows. removing the planks useing the butt of my shotgun we then climbe through the window and in to a kitchen. This house looks alot less looted like someone have been living here. I look att Arc "Stay on you guard" We the start to search with guns ready...

Oranje

Group name: United Survivors

Action: <in encounter>

Description:

//Placeholder till encounter is resolved.

SlayerWR

Group: Wanderer's Coffee Club

Action: Move

Description:

I woke during the night with a very vivid and disturbing dream. It seemed to be based off of our encounter at the Motel with the bandits, and I was re-living the whole experience. I alarmingly perked up holding my AK when I glanced over my shoulder towards Uncle, seeing him sleep without a care in the world. I cursed to myself silently, then got up and set a folding chair next to the window near the door of the balcony. I took out a pack of Marlboro Smooth 100's, and against my better judgement, I smoked for the first time in a long time. I was going to do it on the balcony, but I didn't want to be left out in the wide open holding a red, flaring beacon for everyone to see.

Despite me remembering how awful the dream I had was, I couldn't really remember... well, the dream. I hate it the most when you remember something for a certain reason, but can't remember the actual contents of the memory - you just know that it was important, and nothing else. Perhaps I'm just having a "philosophical smoke break," but at least it helps me think. 

I drifted back to sleep shortly after.

Morning:

I woke up at dawn pissed off about the lack of sleep. I saw Uncle stretching out with a grin on his face, feeling better than ever. 

"I slept well last night Slayer, what about you?" He said with a slight mock on his tone, seeing the bags under my eyes. 

"Don't even start with that," I said, "I'm not in the mood for it." 

We planned our moves for the day ahead, desiring to get away from the extraction point quickly. Staying near the border won't get us very far if we decide to search, because we won't find a lot - almost everything has been picked clean. If we wanted to find good supplies, we had to move further into the heart of Tarkov.

From all of our firefights, I had grown more experienced with aiming - it appears that I'm a better shot now.

Mid-Day:

I appreciated the bright sun over our heads as Uncle and I marched through the streets and back alleys of the city. Despite how tired I was, I felt as if Uncle's tributes to luck may have influenced it into our favor today. It made me feel better than I have felt in a long while... then I remembered that it was just the two of us, by ourselves. Dalton no longer was here, so I kept my thoughts of trinkets to myself. The ambient presence of Zao, with eyes ever watching but never speaking, was also no longer with us. 

Now, I no longer felt so well. 

Unlike the usual, Uncle and I talked some while we were travelling. I had asked him some about what he did for a living when he was younger - prior to our presence in this city of anarchy. He talked to me about it for a while.

Overhead, a cascade of clouds began to haze the warming rays of the run, leaving an empty, bleak feeling in us. 

Evening:

We figured that we would settle in a house in a residential area. Perhaps we would find something in the building that works in our favor before resting for the night. As we walked through the streets, we saw some acts of destruction upon the community of houses. There were cars turned over, some looked like they had been on fire. There was blood cascaded on a garage door of a house - it looked like a brutal torturing session occurred in front of it.

We picked a house and walked in to a relatively clean home. Granted, there was the usual dust everywhere, but I wouldn't have had a second thought of getting lice from sleeping on the rugs, if I chose to. Of course, I wasn't, but it's nice that I'd be able to without risk.

We cleared the very inviting building hastily, and then pillaged the cabinets and rooms for supplies. 

I decided that I would sleep on the couch for the night downstairs.

mustangmania540

Group: 137th GAR

Description:

I start to make my way out of the forest to explore the urban areas looking for weapons, ammo, and food.

Shadowhunter995

Name Arcturus Deluke

Action: Searching for anything useful

Description: me and lucas wake up chow down on  some food and start searching for more.. i am looking to grab any misc items that i can along with any food.

UncleDark

Group Name: Wanderer's Coffee club

Action: Cover some distance.

Interlude: After weeks of hunting, I and my russian friends had finally found the target. Down in a small valley there was a cottage, and several SUV's parked outside. Armed men patrolled the perimeter and on the porch my prey was talking with somebody dressed in military gear "Haven't seen that insignia before." I whispered to Grigor who was working as my spotter, while we were some 600 meters away it's always good to be cautious in these situations. After some scoping Grigor started cursing and said something about Bear which was Russian PMC group consisting mostly from ex-special forces servicemen. "Well then, looks like we need to complete our hunt with a single shot." I said while flashing a wolfish grin, after all I wasn't going to let a man who shot me in the knee walk away after finally finding him again. As I was lining in for a shot, some kind of commotion started nearby and after some shouting a firefight broke out. Determined to take a shot I lined my crosshair in between my targets eyes just as he was lighting a cigarette.

By this point through my dream, my brains registered slight smell of cigarette smoke in the air. As I started to react for possible hostile in the room I opened my eyes ever so slightly while pretending to sleep, but alas it was only Slayer having a midnight smoke next to the balcony. As moonlight hit his face I saw mixed signs of stress, hatred, fear and sorrow in his eyes, but his posture was calm. "Something seems to bother him, has to be our previous raid. After all the things we did could give even me some nightmares. I better keep him busy with other things for next few days." I thought while drifting back to sleep.

Morning:

I woke maybe an hour before Slayer. After starting my morning with my usual ritual of brewing coffee, having light breakfast and enjoying some cigarettes, I decided that today we should cover some serious distance and I would show Slayer just how well I can keep up with him, aching knee or not. As I was almost done stretching and warming my muscles, I noticed that slayer had finally woken up. In order to get his blood pumping, while flashing a sly grin, I said "I slept damn well, how about you? You look slightly on pale side, was there a pea under your matress princes?" His grumpy responce made me chuckle, and as I tossed a cigarette pack to him, I said "If you want some coffee there's some creamer in my backpack." After checking the map we agreed to push further into the tarkov, as most likely everything near the extraction zones had already been picked clean. While securing my gear I though "After all I need to keep him busy with other stuff. Can't let a man dwell on the things he regret, that only messes with your head" as we were heading out, I once again tossed few coffee beans over my head towards the lobby of the building and whispered yet another of my prayers to lady luck.

Mid-day:

As we marched on smaller streets occasionally going through some alleyways we were blessed with rather nice calm weather and some sun. I noticed how different emotions came and went on Slayers face, and how he occasionally muttered under his breath about our friends that we had to leave behind. Deciding to keep Slayer busy from his dark thoughts, I started cracking some dark jokes at him. After a while I got slightly more serious, as he had just asked about my past. "Well where do I start. After my service in the army, I went and worked a good while as border guard. Then maybe two or three years ago this happened." I grunted while patting my knee. Then I proceeded to tell him about the arms smuggler who had shot me, and what had turned from quick elimination mission into a serious firefight with Russian PMC's. "So after a while I think that the pmc's got what they wanted from my target, because they stopped chasing us and just got into their SUV's and left him behind. So I did only reasonable thing to do, I rushed down there before he could escape and captured him. After getting some decent intel out of him, I gave him what he deserved and sunk a blade into his chest." I had lit a cigarette and I took some drags of smoke in between my story. As we walked and chatted about each others pasts the sun had hidden itself behind the clouds, giving the whole world rather greyish tone. Ignoring this we kept on marching further into the residential area.

Evening:

With couple hours of light left, we had plenty of time to scout out and settle into a decent looking brick house. Surpricingly this house had only seen ever so slightest amount of looting, and most of the doors and windows were still intact. After searching through the house we blocked the doors with furnitures and set basic wire trap into the doorway leading to the living room. With curtains still covering the living room windows, we only had to choose spots that couldn't be seen through the hallway windows. After this Slayer immediately claimed the most comfy looking sofa for himself. Instead of arguing, as he looked tired as heck I let him sleep in it and said that I would take the first watch. Then I gathered some pillows and plankets and made rather comfy nest for myself into the far corner of the room. This way I would have direct line of fire to the living room doorway, if anyone would try jumping us. Feeling content and seeing that Slayer had already fallen asleep I smirked and took as comfortable position as possibly for next few hours, which I would spend while on watch. "Hope you can get some proper sleep this time mate, I'll be sure to kick you off that sofa once it's your turn to be on watch." I whispered and moved my gun to better position.

// Just correcting the millions of typos i've made.

Edited by UncleDark

b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2