xivvan

PayPal Refund?

Technically his machine does run the game, even if it is only 5 fps as you claim. 

But I'm sensing this is an intentional troll thread because no one's this stupid. 

if he really wants to play tell him to put the game config on a notepad doc and start getting rid of things like shadows/grass/miscellaneous junk... the amount of time and money needed to have them served all the way in russia is ridiculous... take the loss 

Yes, you absolutely can get a refund from PayPal.  No, you do not need to lie. No, you do not need to file a false claim.  Just call them up and explain the situation as best as you can and how his system meets not only the minimum specs but the recommended as well.  Be very nice.   Be very polite.  Explain in as much detail that you can.  You will have about 95% chance of the refund.  If that fails, if you funded your PayPal with a credit card (Which you ALWAYS should) you can contact the issuer of the credit card and explain it all to them again.  They will take the money back from PayPal and give it to you.

The ToS does not matter.  Anything you agreed to does not matter.  The people here just spout a bunch of stuff they have no idea about in real life.  I bought into a really HUGE deal that was in early access.  Same ToS same other crap.  The game came out and on release it was terribad.  I contacted PayPal and explained that the game was nothing like it was explained to be.  I kept the Giant Statue I got sent and got all but $40 of my money back on a $450 pre-order.  It took a lot of explaining and some time but, yeah, you can get a refund if you just can't get it to run.

• Upvote 1

You guys aren't even aware of your consumer rights. OP has every legal right to refund this purchase. BSG's TOS is completely irrelevant since it goes against the law. You can get a refund through your credit card/bank. This is called chargeback. 

You have to contact your credit card/bank and demand a chargeback. You will need to make a statement regarding how the product hasn't been delivered as promised and/or expected. You will have to look up more information about this subject. No matter what anyone here says you need to remember that you do have the right to get your money back. You can discuss more about it with a lawyer or your credit card support. 

• Upvote 2

only way you are getting a refund is if your CC company is awesome and understand that they under delivered and that their TOS is total BS.

I have a PP claim open right now and I am positive they are NOT going to give me a refund because Xsolla will say the TOS says no.

Edited by bigbacon

38 minutes ago, bigbacon said:

only way you are getting a refund is if your CC company is awesome and understand that they under delivered and that their TOS is total BS.

I have a PP claim open right now and I am positive they are NOT going to give me a refund because Xsolla will say the TOS says no.

you also forget that you aren't buying a finished project. you are giving a company money to develop a product. its called investing. if it goes south you can't just say give me my money back

47 minutes ago, Eragon284th said:

you also forget that you aren't buying a finished project. you are giving a company money to develop a product. its called investing. if it goes south you can't just say give me my money back

So when its not beta are they going to update the TOS to allow refunds? I bet not. 

24 minutes ago, bigbacon said:

So when its not beta are they going to update the TOS to allow refunds? I bet not. 

Doesnt really matter if they change it then. Right now that ToS states that it is a pre-order. So claims how you can't run it with such and such specks doesnt matter as you haven't actually bought the damn thing yet. All you got along your pre-order was right to participate in EFTs beta testing.

This is basically same as if you were to order and sign a similiar contract for some expensive custom build vehicle, and they would present you a concept mockup while working on actual vehicle. After sitting in it you'd start demanding your money back just because that mockup model would miss somethings or that you would be unable to drive it home.

Edited by UncleDark

3 hours ago, Erik_Jager said:

You guys aren't even aware of your consumer rights. OP has every legal right to refund this purchase. BSG's TOS is completely irrelevant since it goes against the law. You can get a refund through your credit card/bank. This is called chargeback. 

Essentially this.

Depends where you are, but a business can't exclude your rights as a consumer. Just like a company can't exclude liability for negligence just because they write it on a sign.

1 hour ago, Eragon284th said:

EA is not an investment.

4 minutes ago, qS_Sachiel said:

Essentially this.

Depends where you are, but a business can't exclude your rights as a consumer. Just like a company can't exclude liability for negligence just because they write it on a sign.

EA is not an investment.

This isn't early access. It's in a closed beta testing period 

4 hours ago, Erik_Jager said:

Which law is the TOS breaching?

AFAIK, the only law governing CC companies is section 75 of the CCA which legally holds the Credit Card company to the same standard of liability as the trader. However section 75 only covers goods if they cost more than £100, if he bought EOD then he's got something to work with, for less than that amount a chargeback is his only option and since a CB it is not governed by any specific consumer LAW(only a banking scheme) then the trader has absolutely no legal obligation to allow the refund.

Edited by Angrybiker

7 hours ago, xivvan said:

Well, I can. Just want to know what the means of getting ones would be. I'm not saying that I am gonna get a refund, but I have a friend that's really struggling to run this, despite being well above minimum and recommended specs.

whats his spec's ? you should list them.. 

unless your trying to play shorline (fps is all over the palce) then you shouldn't have an issue if its like my setup 1070/i7 6700k/16gb ram game works well on an SSD doesn't work well on a hard drive thats not 7200rpm (or so my friend says until he moved it to an SSD) 

if he has 8gb of ram then there his issue.. i wouldn't even try to play shoreline with 8gb of ram lol

as for that this game still in development everyone has there own meaning of beta nowadays 

i would recommend just waiting until the game further developed its well worth the wait think of the game as an small investment you made and now you just wait until its done 

thats unless 100$ or whatever you paid  for it.. maybe you don' t work.. or you got it for a birthday present and want something else and you don't hardly ever get money then whatever but if its not that big of a deal i  suggest just waiting.. 

this game has huge potential and by the time its finished it will be an amazing game whats the point in going through all this trouble telling the bank some BS story doing a charge back getting banned on the forums for breaking TOS to maybe eventually coming back latter down the track to rebuy the game when it gets fully released but you cant since yo got ya self banned 

just wait man.. rome wasn't built in a day.. 

Edited by Exeagle

3 minutes ago, Metalaggression said:

Paypal will give you a refund for anything as long as you don't have too many priors close together. That is why I feel 100% safe using PayPal when dealing with predatory companies. 

he will certainly get a refund but if it turns out he told lies his credit rating will take a small hit.. either way he agree'd to the TOS all BSG has to say is he accepted it.. and thats it will be denied unless he comes up with some BS story that someone else did it without his authorisation meaning telling porky pies lies.. BSG they could easily Screen shot this thread where he said he would have to file a false claim pretty much admitting to filing a false claim and again that would get a nice bad mark on his paypal account and will effect his future claims 

Thats if BSG bothered.. 

Edited by Exeagle

Sad to see that so many people truly fall for this "no-refund" scam.

As others have already explained, the "no-refunds" policy goes against contract policy, at least by EU law. You cannot dismiss your obligation to deliver the product in any way, certainly not by just saying "you wont get your money back in any case". If the product is not what you really paid for, then the contract is void to begin with and you are not bound to any ToS.

So yes, you can and will get a refund by PayPal, if you have pre-ordered in the last 180 days and if you write the dispute correctly. Just say that despite meeting the system requirements, the game does not run properly on your PC. Show them this screenshot and say that BSG failed to deliver the product in time by a large margin. This will grant you your money back. If you preordered more than 180 days ago, PayPal will dismiss the dispute and you will have to go directly to your bank.

1 hour ago, Eragon284th said:

This isn't early access. It's in a closed beta testing period 

Not that it matters here, but Early Access is a broad term for anything from Pre-Alpha over Beta to RC. Of course EfT is in Early Access. You are literally accessing it early before it is officially claimed to be finished.

Even if it would be an investment, there would have to be terms underlying it. An investment is not a donation. And a donation doesn't come with a contract behind it.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Exeagle said:

he will certainly get a refund but if it turns out he told lies his credit rating will take a small hit.. either way he agree'd to the TOS all BSG has to say is he accepted it.. and thats it will be denied unless he comes up with some BS story that someone else did it without his authorisation meaning telling porky pies lies.. BSG they could easily Screen shot this thread where he said he would have to file a false claim pretty much admitting to filing a false claim and again that would get a nice bad mark on his paypal account and will effect his future claims 

Thats if BSG bothered.. 

His credit ratings would not be affected by this at all. 

6 minutes ago, Satah said:

As others have already explained, the "no-refunds" policy goes against contract policy, at least by EU law. You cannot dismiss your obligation to deliver the product in any way, certainly not by just saying "you wont get your money back in any case". If the product is not what you really paid for, then the contract is void to begin with and you are not bound to any ToS.

So yes, you can and will get a refund by PayPal, if you have pre-ordered in the last 180 days and if you write the dispute correctly. Just say that despite meeting the system requirements, the game does not run properly on your PC. Show them this screenshot and say that BSG failed to deliver the product in time by a large margin. This will grant you your money back. If you preordered more than 180 days ago, PayPal will dismiss the dispute and you will have to go directly to your bank.

Not that it matters here, but Early Access is a broad term for anything from Pre-Alpha over Beta to RC. Of course EfT is in Early Access. You are literally accessing it early before it is officially claimed to be finished.

Even if it would be an investment, there would have to be terms underlying it. An investment is not a donation. And a donation doesn't come with a contract behind it.

Well said.

17 minutes ago, Satah said:

Out of curiosity does that post still exist somewhere? The one you linked.

by law anything u buy that doesnt do what it says on the tin (even if advertised that it should it work if u have or do this and that) .you are entitled to a refund up to 7 days after purchase , at least we are in the UK  might be different laws elsewhere , 

The game isn't out yet. You paid for a preorder, how can you say BSG hasn't delivered the product you expected when the product isn't even released? No one has seen the product yet, not even BSG lol.

Maybe you'll have a leg to stand on regarding a refund once the product is delivered, in which case yeah go ahead. But to try to claim anything regarding a finished product right now is utter BS. You should be grateful that you're able to beta test the current build, instead of crying over 8GB of RAM you(r friend) can't afford in the meantime.

Side note: 1070ti but only running 8GB RAM... Like a Ferrari with a Hyundai engine, looks pretty in photos but runs like poo 

16 minutes ago, DanExert said:

The game isn't out yet. You paid for a preorder, how can you say BSG hasn't delivered the product you expected when the product isn't even released? No one has seen the product yet, not even BSG lol.

Maybe you'll have a leg to stand on regarding a refund once the product is delivered, in which case yeah go ahead. But to try to claim anything regarding a finished product right now is utter BS. You should be grateful that you're able to beta test the current build, instead of crying over 8GB of RAM you(r friend) can't afford in the meantime.

Side note: 1070ti but only running 8GB RAM... Like a Ferrari with a Hyundai engine, looks pretty in photos but runs like poo 

Exactly like this guy says, you preordered a game, what you are playing now is a test build and not the actual product you payed for thus you cannot say that the product is not as described and claim a refund for it, you dont even have the product you payed for xD

Is this a Euro thing where people expect to get refunds on digital products like video games? I notice a lot of people expecting it to be an option. Seems pretty strange to expect to take a video game back for money.

Right I am going to lock this thread as OP got his answer.

if you read the terms of service it clearly states

6.2 Any applicable fees and other charges on your Account are payable in advance and are not refundable. We may, from time to time, without prior notice modify, amend, or supplement our fee and billing methods. We will post those changes in the corresponding section of the relevant Service(s)

8.2 Acquiring Virtual Goods. You may acquire Virtual Goods in a variety of ways. Battlestate Games Limited may distribute Virtual Goods in exchange for taking certain actions (either directly within the Services, or in connection with a third party service), for a fee, or without any fee or required action, in its sole discretion. Battlestate Games Limited may charge fees for the right to exercise rights associated with Virtual Goods. You agree that you do not "own" the Virtual Goods and that Battlestate Games Limited has the absolute right to manage, regulate, control, modify and/or eliminate such Virtual Goods in its sole discretion, in any general or specific case, and that Battlestate Games Limited will have no liability to you based on its exercise of such right. Battlestate Games Limited allows you to accumulate and manage your Virtual Goods, and may use terms such as "buy" and "sell" to refer to the grant or transfer of rights to use the Services. Use of terms such as "buy" or "sell" does not indicate any ownership right.

8.3 Additional Terms and Conditions. Without limiting the foregoing, the following rules apply to Virtual Goods: once you have purchased Virtual Goods, those Virtual Goods are non-refundable and non-exchangeable (whether or not you use them).

Locked.