Destroyer1559

BUG: Stuck at very first loading screen

Destroyer1559

Every time I start EFT it gets stuck in an infinite loading screen right at the very first load screen shown in the picture. I've searched around pretty extensively and haven't found a fix. I have completely deleted everything having to do with EFT and reinstalled, ran both the launcher and the escapefromtarkov.exe as admin with no success. I'm not sure what else to try. I really dont want to reset my profile as I have a factory key and a fair amount of roubles. Let me known if you have suggestions

2pam7zU.jpg

Destroyer1559

Well... after yet another restart it resolved on its own? Very strange.

ksprock

I froze at the loading when I tried to OC my GPU and I was able to repeat this bug. I just keep the card at OC Mode using GpuTweakII.

Fantasjack

I am having the same problem. Do you suggest just retrying over and over?

AnimatedAustin

I'm having the same problem it just started doing it this update.

• Upvote 1

gianluzzz
5 minutes ago, AnimatedAustin said:

I'm having the same problem it just started doing it this update.

Run the launcher as admin and delete/move all the content inside of Escape From Tarkov folder by going to your Documents/Escape From Tarkov

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AnimatedAustin
8 minutes ago, gianluzzz said:

Run the launcher as admin and delete/move all the content inside of Escape From Tarkov folder by going to your Documents/Escape From Tarkov

it is still freezing

gianluzzz
1 minute ago, AnimatedAustin said:

it is still freezing

Then some files may have been corrupted during the update. I highly suggest you to uninstall the game and the launcher. Download the new launcher, run the setup and don't forget to always run the application as Administrator. Reinstall the game. Hopefully you will be good to go.

AnimatedAustin
1 minute ago, gianluzzz said:

Then some files may have been corrupted during the update. I highly suggest you to uninstall the game and the launcher. Download the new launcher, run the setup and don't forget to always run the application as Administrator. Reinstall the game. Hopefully you will be good to go.

That was the first thing i did. do I do it Again?

gianluzzz
Just now, AnimatedAustin said:

That was the first thing i did. do I do it Again?

Depends on when you did it. 
Try restarting your router and disable your antivirus/firewall.
If you are not able to join, get in touch with the Technical support by going here. Don't forget to include logs in your ticket and mention all the possible tests in order to join.

Thanks for your patience

AnimatedAustin
5 minutes ago, gianluzzz said:

Depends on when you did it. 
Try restarting your router and disable your antivirus/firewall.
If you are not able to join, get in touch with the Technical support by going here. Don't forget to include logs in your ticket and mention all the possible tests in order to join.

Thanks for your patience

Thank you I dont have anti virus software but I have windows defender so Ill do that and restart the modem/router soon.

MARKELELE

Open the launcher -> settings -> Click on "set the path to existing game installation" -> Select the "EFT" folder -> Apply

Your launcher should check the files and you will have the possibility to repair the game.

Have fun 

1.png

AnimatedAustin

That did not help unfortunately.

I've noticed that It worked fine until I over clocked my gpu after I overclocked it this starts happening and even restoring my gpu to defaults dosen't fix the problem.

Edited by AnimatedAustin

System87

Same just happened to me. CANT fix it. Its the second time in 1 month... last time they wiped my account couse they are incompetent of fixing it any other way. Did anyone maybe find some fix?

toxicsyn

The issue with my game was because of MSI Afterburner...

I have a GTX 1080 EVGA, I've gone back and forth between the two programs and I've had more issues with MSI lately, swapped back to PrecisionXOC and the game is running.

I wasn't able to load past the Map Loading 1% (0:15) - would freeze everytime.

Natalino
17 minutes ago, toxicsyn said:

The issue with my game was because of MSI Afterburner...

Try the non-beta version/none testing version. Meaning the stable version.

Yngvaerr
On 6/15/2018 at 6:06 AM, Natalino said:

Try the non-beta version/none testing version. Meaning the stable version.

I've been having a similar issue with MSI Afterburner.

Every time that I enable FPS monitoring in MSI Afterburner, the game does not load after the launcher.

The game launches as a process in the background, but the game window does not open.

When i check the error logs, the error points specifically towards RivaTuner Statistics Server, which is a required program by MSI Afterburner for the FPS monitoring to work.

output_log.txt

RedAnne

Hi. Same problem here but with my bf account. Everything was fine and just today it freezes on loading to menu screen. Game reinstalled drivers reinstalled. Game freeze every time no crash no nothing. Any suggestions?

Specs:

– MB – MSI z170 PRO GAMING
– CPU – Intel I7 6700
– GPU – ASUS ROG STRIX R9 390X
– RAM – Kingston 32Gb DDR 4 2600Mhz
– SSD – 500Gb M.2 Samsung Evo 850

Jordan6006

Hi all, I have managed to find a way to solve this issue every time (at least for me.) When it freezes, I hit ctrl+alt+del and then select Task manager. When you do that, it should kick you back to your desktop with the task manager window now open. I wait a few seconds and then alt+tab back and it usually get to the main menu in another second or two. Some people have stated that using alt+tab when it freezes fixes it for them, but it didn't work for me. But this method has worked 100% of the time. Hope it helps people.

Sniffleslol

Have they not fixed this yet? I've tried everything and it happens every single time! worked a couple of times ctrl+alt+del but now it doesn't seem too anymore, can we not just get this problem fixed already??

bbcokeley

Try launching the game in window borderless, it fixed it for me when i was having this issue (i also uninstalled my graphics driver) on win10 though .

static_starship

Fresh install of windows 10 64bit. Every time I try and launch the game my display changes  to a lower resolution, goes to a black screen and then back to the desktop without any errors.

CPU- 5930K 

MB- ASUS RVE v 10

2x 980ti with the latest driver 

32GB of 2133MHz DDR4 

DanielSon

For me its been since this latest patch. I never used to get a not responding during the first load screen. Now it happens every time i try to play. Ive submitted a bug report followed the instructions and still nothing. They need to find a fix for this if this many people are having the same problem.

• Upvote 1

Zybane

I just got this problem. Literally I was testing my new 2080 Ti. Launched a game, tested my FPS. Exited game. Changed a setting unrelated to Tarkov, and bam 30 seconds later after launching the game again I'm stuck in this spinning circle 1st loading screen loop. 

Nothing above works. 

Jeez! 

Edited by Zybane