Jump to content
Destroyer1559

BUG: Stuck at very first loading screen

Recommended Posts

zaynegraves

Currently having this issue with 11.7
The window will freeze entirely. I cannot use any other windows whether the game is full screen or not.
The circle is not spinning, the EFT window is completely frozen. I can look through other tabs but my mouse is essentially rendered useless.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled.
However, every time I open BSG launcher, it asks me to install an update. I install, try to run and the same thing happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Misantroph

Got this issue too and searching for a result i found this topic. 

I tried everything recommended here. In the end the only thing working was - very simple - updating the graphics driver. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pherr0s

Having the same issue years later...

Tried updating the gpu drivers; issue persists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pherr0s

Just wanted to provide a quick update:

It appears that setting the compatibility mode to "Windows 8" for EscapeFromTarkov.exe has fixed the issue for me for now. I havent had a freeze happen since I changed this setting. Will report back if a freeze occurs.

Hope this helps someone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thisaintwater

Been having the same issue, stuck on first loading screen.

So far I have tried

1) reinstalling the game

2) resetting player profile data 

3) adding the tarkov application/launcher to my windows firewall allowance list

4) updating security properties in files to allow full access for all users

5) updating my graphics drivers

6) running tarkov in windows 8 compatibility mode

 

None of these methods made any difference as I am still stuck on the first loading screen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrettB

Hi lads, 

Ive been getting this problem too. But, I have been deleting the 2 .exe's. The game exe and the gameBE.exe.

Once they are removed from the game dir, start the download. 10mb in, cancel the download and restore the 2 files from recycle bin.

The game will do and integrity check then and it sometimes works. 1/4 times I think. Its still better than a whole 11 gig.

Try it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
carsonbekket
On 1/5/2020 at 11:28 PM, thisaintwater said:

Been having the same issue, stuck on first loading screen.

So far I have tried

1) reinstalling the game

2) resetting player profile data 

3) adding the tarkov application/launcher to my windows firewall allowance list

4) updating security properties in files to allow full access for all users

5) updating my graphics drivers

6) running tarkov in windows 8 compatibility mode

 

None of these methods made any difference as I am still stuck on the first loading screen. 

Same. Nothing that I have read seems to work for me.

On 1/6/2020 at 12:52 AM, BrettB said:

Hi lads, 

Ive been getting this problem too. But, I have been deleting the 2 .exe's. The game exe and the gameBE.exe.

Once they are removed from the game dir, start the download. 10mb in, cancel the download and restore the 2 files from recycle bin.

The game will do and integrity check then and it sometimes works. 1/4 times I think. Its still better than a whole 11 gig.

Try it.

What download?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sYs

Can't you like look at output_log.txt and post it here?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sYs
Posted (edited)

UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "F:\Documents\Escape from Tarkov\shared.ini" is denied.

You have issues with your windows permissions.

Check permissions on that and why is your windows on F drive? :D

Edited by sYs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
carsonbekket
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, sYs said:

UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "F:\Documents\Escape from Tarkov\shared.ini" is denied.

You have issues with your windows permissions.

Check permissions on that and why is your windows on F drive? :D

I have the Drive, the folder, and everything in it to allow full access to everybody. So idk what the issue is.

All of my documents, videos, photos, etc are on my F drive. It's my 2Tb HDD.

Edit:

Moved Documents to 😄

Still can't access.

Edit Again:

Deleted the aforementioned ini. Launched game. SUCCESS!!!

 

Edited by carsonbekket

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sYs
4 minutes ago, carsonbekket said:

I have the Drive, the folder, and everything in it to allow full access to everybody. So idk what the issue is.

All of my documents, videos, photos, etc are on my F drive. It's my 2Tb HDD.

Well clearly eft has no access to that shared.ini file which holds game configuration. No wonder it keeps loading forever as it's trying to write to that file and has no access to it.

 

If you really desperate i can connect to your pc via teamviewer trough discord and look at the issue at hand. 🤏 sYs  👌#7920

🤏 sYs  👌#7920

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
carsonbekket
6 minutes ago, sYs said:

Well clearly eft has no access to that shared.ini file which holds game configuration. No wonder it keeps loading forever as it's trying to write to that file and has no access to it.

 

If you really desperate i can connect to your pc via teamviewer trough discord and look at the issue at hand. 🤏 sYs  👌#7920

🤏 sYs  👌#7920

 

All of the properties showed the correct permission. I deleted the ini and it worked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sYs
Just now, carsonbekket said:

All of the properties showed the correct permission. I deleted the ini and it worked.

Good. Game recreated. ;) welcome to tarkov.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
darmanl

this is because server are full, just wait

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thisaintwater
9 hours ago, carsonbekket said:

All of the properties showed the correct permission. I deleted the ini and it worked.

same for me, deleted the local.ini file and finally was able to load into the game. thanks for the help everyone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
choochsta

Hey. So I was having this issue..I clicked support tab in the game launcher. It suggested reinstalling directX. Doing that fixed the issue.. there's a link in the support tab for you to reinstall.

Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
uhfence

i am still having this issue i have only gotten in the game once. i have done all the suggestions  on this forum and i still cannot get past the first loading screen really annoying if anyone can pls help

Edited by uhfence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sekiroooo

If friends who have tried the above methods can try my method, completely delete all related files about Tarkov and the launcher, including configuration files. And use software to delete the remaining registry and download again. (My English is very poor. All this text is using translation software, please forgive me)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sekiroooo
On 2020/1/24 at PM12點51分, uhfence said:

我仍然有這個問題,我只參加過一次遊戲。我已經在該論壇上完成了所有建議,但如果有人可以幫助,我仍然無法擺脫第一個加載屏幕的煩人

Please try my way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord_And

14.02.2020 the same problem. I tried everything above, nothing works. Pls Help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bwaha
On 2/13/2020 at 9:51 PM, Lord_And said:

14.02.2020 the same problem. I tried everything above, nothing works. Pls Help.

Same issue countless times today. Scav loads fine, but when I go to try to run a map with my PMC, always freezes about two minutes into loading. Luckily, most times i can re-connect to the session before I'm dead. Spent all day trying to prep by running Scav & offline, back and forth. Gear my PMC up for a "real" run...this fricken happens again and I lose everything I couldn't insure. SOOOOO frustrating. I have 21 log files already, and I just installed the game yesterday afternoon. I've read that this could be a network issue. However, after I kick the bucket as a Scav and have to wait 20 minutes to run again, I can switch back to WoW and game for as long as I want, uninterrupted (no network issues).

2020.02.17_4-56-54_0.12.3.5834 application.log 2020.02.17_4-56-54_0.12.3.5834 backend_queue.log 2020.02.17_4-56-54_0.12.3.5834 errors.log 2020.02.17_4-56-54_0.12.3.5834 nvidia.log 2020.02.17_4-56-54_0.12.3.5834 traces.log

Edited by Bwaha
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
slumpycs

I bought game  2days ago and am thinking about refunding cuz I just can't fix first loading screen  i tried everything,am so upset cuz I can feel how my 45$ just fly away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darksys0815
vor 6 Minuten schrieb Chispy:

I bought game  2days ago and am thinking about refunding cuz I just can't fix first loading screen  i tried everything,am so upset cuz I can feel how my 45$ just fly away

i had this issue for a long time. since one of the last patches its gone.

What i do was: open taskmanager > down arrow to mark tarkov > del key > Game quits > start again > it loads.

I had this every time if i start the game. with this little workaround i was ok with that.

Edited by Darksys0815

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
slumpycs
1 hour ago, Darksys0815 said:

i had this issue for a long time. since one of the last patches its gone.

What i do was: open taskmanager > down arrow to mark tarkov > del key > Game quits > start again > it loads.

I had this every time if i start the game. with this little workaround i was ok with that.

tnx but it didn't help :c

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2