Wow, this is bad...

Well, sigh. I thought I had found a game I could really get into. 

Decided to kit up really well, headed into the shore. Took out all the visible SCAV's around Rock Passage. Was crossing the small bridge over the stream by Rock passage. My screen starts to shake and blur as I cross the bridge. Absolute silence. I thought maybe I hit some barb wire or something, continue across, screen still shaking and blurring, now screen is getting blood splatter. Still absolute silence. I'm like what the HECK is going on, make it behind some cover. Still absolute silence. Right before I died, I see a SCAV hiding behind some cover and threw a silent grenade to finish me off. I'm like you've got to be kidding me... lost all that gear to a SCAV shooting me and throwing grenades with zero noise.

Then re-kit, do another game/dserver. Came across SCAVs that were standing still. Shot them in the head, zero damage. Started to walk away, no SCAVs near me, silence. It happens again. Screen shakes, blurs. Another silent death. 

I know the game was in Beta but this is game breaking bad... Absolutely no point in playing. :bebad:

Edited by Zybane
Zack_Batcountry
6 minutes ago, Zybane said:

Well, sigh. I thought I had found a game I could really get into. 

Decided to kit up really well, headed into the shore. Took out all the visible SCAV's around Rock Passage. Was crossing the small bridge over the stream by Rock passage. My screen starts to shake and blur as I cross the bridge. Absolute silence. I thought maybe I hit some barb wire or something, continue across, screen still shaking and blurring, now screen is getting blood splatter. Still absolute silence. I'm like what the HECK is going on, make it behind some cover. Still absolute silence. Right before I died, I see a SCAV hiding behind some cover and threw a silent grenade to finish me off. I'm like you've got to be kidding me... lost all that gear to a SCAV shooting me and throwing grenades with zero noise.

Then re-kit, do another game/dserver. Came across SCAVs that were standing still. Shot them in the head, zero damage. Started to walk away, no SCAVs near me, silence. It happens again. Screen shakes, blurs. Another silent death. 

I know the game was in Beta but this is game breaking bad... Absolutely no point in playing. :bebad:

im geting a lil fed up with the scavs aswell cant even play on shorline cause of it half the time i cant kill scavs they just stand their getn shot then when i give up and move on ill just randomly drop dead and apperantly a scav killed me

3 minutes ago, Zack_Batcountry said:

im geting a lil fed up with the scavs aswell cant even play on shorline cause of it half the time i cant kill scavs they just stand their getn shot then when i give up and move on ill just randomly drop dead and apperantly a scav killed me

This has happened to me on Customs a few times as well. One time all SCAVs on the map were frozen like that and it was bugging most of the players out of the server i had to keep reconnecting to keep from getting a abandonment flag. Frustrating stuff

Zack_Batcountry

i feel ya man like i said i dont even try to play shorline everytime i do i either cant kill scavs will get killed at random or as soon as i spawn or on the off chance me and my group load in all good one of us is invisible to the others and will loose connection to server soon after

• Like 1

We are to test the game and report bugs. We all paid to test the game, help development and have some fun while we're at it. Try not to get upset over the issues you find, please record and report if you can. 

Edited by ksprock
  • Like 1
Zack_Batcountry
8 minutes ago, ksprock said:

We are to test the game and report bugs. We all paid to test the game, help development and have some fun while we're at it. Try not to get upset over the issues you find, please record and report if you can. 

No i know its just rly starting to get annoying i cant even spawn on woods or shorline half the time without being killed within 30 secs cause of a geard player right next to me or a broken invisible dysncing scav

Silent nades is a pain in the behind.

Also silent shots are getting on my nerves, you just see that you take damage, get bleeds and then you're dead. Not a sound heard.

• Upvote 3
zpwarrior

We are stress testing the servers, which helped them locate some issues. They are in the process of ordering new servers for expansion, just some growing pains. Hell the other day I played quite a bit and couldnt get in one extraction, cause of the lag. If it gets bad I just limit my play time till it feels better for me.

Corvidae_DK

Currently playing is sort of pointless as all you have achieved will be wiped when the next patch comes anyway.
Beta is for testing, that's the purpose, so instead of complaining about bugs, you should be giving the devs bug reports.

There's been tons of desync the past day or so, It's not even worth going in with full gear. I just do scav runs or pmc axe runs right now until the servers calm down so we can get some proper gameplay.

Edited by KingMeko

I still didnt buy a game and Im kinda worried because of all the "super armor" stories from ppl who play the game. If its some kind of a combat sim it shouldnt have soldiers with armor which could save them from AK rounds, on example. I was a sniper in regular army (perfect eyesight hehe) and I guarantee that a 7.62 will pen your superduper vest even at a bit larger distances. Type 3 would maybe stop some of the rounds but in best case you will be knocked down on the floor. Unless the distance is really far.

If this is some kind of SF sim then my appologies.

Edited by Tvrdi

this just happened to me on customs. Kill a scav, walk away, nothing else going on. go into a building and just start taking massive damage all over the place. no sounds going on at all. For someone to shoot me where I was they would have had to be very close.

its like the scav I was fighting 30 seconds earlier damaged me but it didn't register until 30 seconds later.

5 hours ago, Tvrdi said:

I still didnt buy a game and Im kinda worried because of all the "super armor" stories from ppl who play the game. If its some kind of a combat sim it shouldnt have soldiers with armor which could save them from AK rounds, on example. I was a sniper in regular army (perfect eyesight hehe) and I guarantee that a 7.62 will pen your superduper vest even at a bit larger distances. Type 3 would maybe stop some of the rounds but in best case you will be knocked down on the floor. Unless the distance is really far.

If this is some kind of SF sim then my appologies.

sadly it sounds like they want to make the game even worse. like stupid hard for no reason. You will be forced to play in groups or perish and have a miserable time. stuff like that. I would 100% NOT BUY the game in the current state.

Ghostwalker
20 minutes ago, Zybane said:

For those that have played this game for quite a while, has this phantom/silent SCAV death thing happened before?

Not really silent, they could just track you through anything and it was an instant HS kill. It is annoying and I dont know why they would give scav's grenades to begin either. My biggest frustration right now is not being able to play Factory at all because of server load and Customs only every now and again. Im stuck in Woods and Shoreline and Shoreline is a microwaved garbage right now. I wish they would worry about stability and playability before they go start adding new stuff. 

Servers are usually better before 6pm EST from what I have seen recently.

23 hours ago, Zack_Batcountry said:

No i know its just rly starting to get annoying i cant even spawn on woods or shorline half the time without being killed within 30 secs cause of a geard player right next to me or a broken invisible dysncing scav

This is batcountry!

Metalaggression

A day or so ago I was at power plant hiding in a bush, I saw a scav standing there so I took my time and got a headshot, he did not drop though.. blood spayed on the spool of wires there but  nothing, I proceed to stay inside that bush for a while... and 2 or 3 minutes later my screen fades to black. Killed by a scav..

I completely agree with this, and i think they should remove scav grenades for the time being, until the invisible/no sound issue is fixed. 

Sound however, does not only happen with scavs, played woods today, friend died right next to me, didnt hear the shot, the bullet crack, or the bullet impact, the other friend was aiming at the rock and saw a guy with an SKS shooting at me as i was behind cover, he shot him and he had a loud SKS, no sound whatsoever. Really annoying that 60% of the time in this game you lose your gear due to desync/bugs

I keep getting killed with no noise my player just dies and it says another player killed me. Is this just lag i have not had any lag issues since they put up AU servers. I even record it and look for players in the replay there is nothing.

i've come across one silent grenade, but nothing else like it. don't think its a super common thing. if it seems to be for you, maybe there is something on your side thats the issue.