First impressions: not good

Title should say it all. So far I've had 1 and only 1 successful run, and thats it. The other runs have consisted of things like:

1. some one with armor soaking ak shots and rushing me with a knife

2. a run that would not let me extract

3. randomly dying 1 minute after spawning in the woods

4. server disconnecting 5 feet from extract

• Sad 1

Awesome game 10/10.  This game is great, but IMO, the devs are very lazy when it comes to fixing the game.  If they really cared, they would get all the problems fixed ASAP, and add content later.  It feels like this game only has a team of 5 behind it, which i'm sure is not the case. 

Edited by Reliant1
  • Sad 1
zpwarrior
18 minutes ago, Reliant1 said:

Awesome game 10/10.  This game is great, but IMO, the devs are very lazy when it comes to fixing the game.  If they really cared, they would get all the problems fixed ASAP, and add content later.  It feels like this game only has a team of 5 devs behind it, which i'm sure is not the case. 

So because they don't throw out a patch every 2 seconds, that means they are lazy? They have a regular patch schedule with a wipe about every 2 months, with occasional patches when needed in between.

38 minutes ago, ChaiFox said:

Title should say it all. So far I've had 1 and only 1 successful run, and thats it. The other runs have consisted of things like:

Sounds like you gotta keep practicing, this game is rough as hell. Also we are in server stress test so it exacerbates alot of the problems.

3 hours ago, zpwarrior said:

So because they don't throw out a patch every 2 seconds, that means they are lazy? They have a regular patch schedule with a wipe about every 2 months, with occasional patches when needed in between.

Sounds like you gotta keep practicing, this game is rough as hell. Also we are in server stress test so it exacerbates alot of the problems.

1. How long as the game been without anti-aliasing? Years. It is a problem lots of people are complaining about.  People have even posted their own guide on how to fix the aliasing in Unity.  They ignore this and just say "We'll fix it later".  

2.  3 out of the 4 problems he specified are server related problems, not skill related.  The servers have been unstable for weeks now. It takes weeks to upgrade servers!?  If you kept up with announcements, you would know the stress test has been over for a while now. 

Edited by Reliant1
3 hours ago, zpwarrior said:

Sounds like you gotta keep practicing

So he has to practice to avoid server problems? Lag, desync, connections? Seriously? There are houndreds of videos about these problems, but nope, you need to practice. Maybe shot 10 minutes earlier where the enemy should be? :D 

• Hot 1
zpwarrior
20 minutes ago, galakty_ said:

So he has to practice to avoid server problems? Lag, desync, connections? Seriously? There are houndreds of videos about these problems, but nope, you need to practice. Maybe shot 10 minutes earlier where the enemy should be? :D 

No he has to practice if he has only one successful run so far. Maybe you should include my whole comment, because I do acknowledge that there are issues, which are worsened by the server load.

36 minutes ago, Reliant1 said:

1. How long as the game been without anti-aliasing? Years. It is a problem lots of people are complaining about.  People have even posted their own guide on how to fix the aliasing in Unity.  They ignore this and just say "We'll fix it later".  

2.  3 out of the 4 problems he specified are server related problems, not skill related.  The servers have been unstable for weeks now. It takes weeks to upgrade servers!?  If you kept up with announcements, you would know the stress test has been over for a while now. 

1. This game was only available to alpha players starting just over a year ago.

2. First one could be simply him missing and not getting enough rounds into his armor. Second Could easily be him not knowing the new extraction areas or availability. Third, he doesn't know how he died. 4th is the only for sure server related issue from the information he provided. The last of the 7 day passes just expired yesterday and we still have a huge influx of new players. However the game for myself has felt immensely better starting yesterday.

• Like 2

Totally agreed with @zpwarrior 

5 hours ago, ChaiFox said:

He could indeed have died because of his insufficient knowledge, if you use the wrong type of ammo against an armored opponent you will have a tough time breaking through his armor. 

Not letting him extract could well be that he doesn't realise that certain extractions are situational now, and that the one he chose wasn't active at that time. 

It could have been a supressed subsonic bullet, you won't hear the shot coming. Also yes the servers are at their laggiest at the start, when everyone is loading in so this is a possibility.

A server disconnect doesn't prevent you from getting back in the game, if a little lucky you can reconnect and still be alive and extract then.

5 hours ago, Reliant1 said:

This game is great, but IMO, the devs are very lazy when it comes to fixing the game.  If they really cared, they would get all the problems fixed ASAP, and add content later.  It feels like this game only has a team of 5 behind it, which i'm sure is not the case. 

Saying that the devs are lazy is just rediculous. They are a small developer team (~30 people), every member has their own specialization. Saying that they should fix problems first and then add content is completely moot. A person specialized in Modeling can't just magically fix a server issue. Furthermore, it just takes a lot of time to fix issues, you clearly have no experience in anything programming related as you would know that. Anything you fix will most likely break something else, and would you rather have them output "fixes" that only introduce new issues... I can't imagine you do. (Example to look at would be pretty much ANY early access game on steam, look at PUBG, it's a massive game, big studio behind it, a lot of money in the pocket, and still it takes them a very long time to "fix" their game. Even now in V1.0 it's not that great)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Omahenk said:

He could indeed have died because of his insufficient knowledge, if you use the wrong type of ammo against an armored opponent you will have a tough time breaking through his armor. 

Not letting him extract could well be that he doesn't realise that certain extractions are situational now, and that the one he chose wasn't active at that time. 

It could have been a supressed subsonic bullet, you won't hear the shot coming. Also yes the servers are at their laggiest at the start, when everyone is loading in so this is a possibility.

A server disconnect doesn't prevent you from getting back in the game, if a little lucky you can reconnect and still be alive and extract then.

Saying that the devs are lazy is just rediculous. They are a small developer team (~30 people), every member has their own specialization. Saying that they should fix problems first and then add content is completely moot. A person specialized in Modeling can't just magically fix a server issue. Furthermore, it just takes a lot of time to fix issues, you clearly have no experience in anything programming related as you would know that. Anything you fix will most likely break something else, and would you rather have them output "fixes" that only introduce new issues... I can't imagine you do. (Example to look at would be pretty much ANY early access game on steam, look at PUBG, it's a massive game, big studio behind it, a lot of money in the pocket, and still it takes them a very long time to "fix" their game. Even now in V1.0 it's not that great)

I have my own game on Steam.  I know how to program.  If a player complains about any issue, it literally takes me 5 minutes to make the fix, and then it takes 30 minutes to push the patch to Steam.  Now, please tell me why the devs of this game can't do anything similar. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
6 hours ago, ChaiFox said:

2: there was only 1 sure 100% escape point ther other's are random, maybe you can maybe NOT

3: dont go runing evrywhere with hatchet

4: Running out of time in raid . Check it by pressing O or you will get server lost and ''missing in action'' status

1 hour ago, Reliant1 said:

I have my own game on Steam.  I know how to program.  If a player complains about any issue, it literally takes me 5 minutes to make the fix, and then it takes 30 minutes to push the patch to Steam.  Now, please tell me why the devs of this game can't do anything similar. 

Power to you.

However, I'm quite sure it's just not as complicated as EFT, and even if it is, you just can't push a patch for every single issue on it's own every 5 minutes in a any game. That would make so no one would even be able to play the game because of server and client mismatches. Not to mention the infrastructure overhead, remember that this game is not covered by the allmighty steam backend.

We all have our frustrations with this game, but please try to stay reasonable and think about the situation.

eikotehmouse

The server issues were happening long before the "stress test".... And it still isn't fixed. This stress test has only made things worse.

"The server desync and lag issues are due to server load and some errors that keep happening."

So, the servers were having issues before the stress test and you have done nothing to fix it before moving forward with anything else.. But, you know you needed to run a "stress test" just to introduce more problems to the game and so you can take a one week vacation. I'm sorry but, game stability and online interaction stability is a full time job with holidays being the "blackout" period. I've played games that didn't leave alpha until the main function of their game(that being online interaction) was completly stable. Getting "More Servers" doesn't fix desync. That only fixes lag and wait times...It does not fix bad netcoding.

It takes a bot  ONE SHOT to the chest. To drop me while unarmored. Iv been 1shot headshot in the head wearing a mint kevir by a bot with a shotty from half way across factory. Yet it takes half a mag while a hatchling is running at me of sks ps rounds to drop him. While, 95% of all the ammo types are basically useless!

The game "Itself" is amazing. The core function of the game(online multiplayer) is horrendous. I've been playing  pc FPS games for 11 years. And I have NEVER encountered a game in beta stage with desync this bad. And less then half of what I played in alpha stage had what problems they had fixed before they released as a beta...

Honestly, people are literally point out that their is still a fire going on. And the dev's just had gasoline to it. And you get all these WhiteKnights who come by with their "get gud" mentality and basically say "shut it, this is a beautiful fire and it's perfect!" to those who are using these forums for exactly what they are intended for. FEEDBACK! But, yea. this thread will probably get closed too so that those who feel the same about the op's post can't comment on it...

• Like 1

1. Done hundreds of runs, never saw an armoured guy with just a knife. Don't exptect that to happen often.

2. Never had this problem

3. Never had this problem

4. Can happen, but you usually can re-join

5 minutes ago, Tvrdi said:

The body armor shouldnt be so good IMHO. And the footsteps are way too loud. Its even comic.

what are you talking about? armor is almost exactly where it needs to be, except it has only one hitbox now and the whole armor acts as an armor plate, but you can kill armored players with 4-5 bullets if u use the right ammo...

4 hours ago, Omahenk said:

Total myth. Suppressed anything isn't nearly as quiet as laymen believe.  

zpwarrior
2 hours ago, eikotehmouse said:

Honestly, people are literally point out that their is still a fire going on. And the dev's just had gasoline to it. And you get all these WhiteKnights who come by with their "get gud" mentality and basically say "shut it, this is a beautiful fire and it's perfect!" to those who are using these forums for exactly what they are intended for. FEEDBACK! But, yea. this thread will probably get closed too so that those who feel the same about the op's post can't comment on it...

They literally did the stress test to reveal the issues they have with their server, which they did. They are in the process of correcting them now. But hey go ahead and be hostile toward people that will defend the game against irrational posters.

zpwarrior
20 minutes ago, Zybane said:

Total myth. Suppressed anything isn't nearly as quiet as laymen believe.  

Yes in real life the suppressed weapon is not like in video games in general or currently this game. But hes saying in game right now you can get shot and not hear a single thing, partly from the suppressors being op and sound glitches.

6 hours ago, FurryAlot said:

what are you talking about? armor is almost exactly where it needs to be, except it has only one hitbox now and the whole armor acts as an armor plate, but you can kill armored players with 4-5 bullets if u use the right ammo...

Dude I was making comparison with rl. Armor lvl3 would just stop round or two of 5.56 or 7.62mm. And that is on a bit greater distances. In rl thers no super duper armor and if the round doesnt go through it would for sure knock down a soldier. Not to mention that the armor would considerably slow down a soldier. Heck currently in the game you can even run and reload as robocop. This game pretends to be a sim isnt it?

Edited by Tvrdi
KugelFanger
16 hours ago, Reliant1 said:

Awesome game 10/10.  This game is great, but IMO, the devs are very lazy when it comes to fixing the game.  If they really cared, they would get all the problems fixed ASAP, and add content later.  It feels like this game only has a team of 5 behind it, which i'm sure is not the case. 

i think the devs are fixing the game, the problem now is that... they have to develop a game AND fix certain aspects of it. Now picture the following: they fix everything, and the next day they accidentaly destroy everything with a new patch. Now they have to fix it all over again, instead they fix major issues and leave the rest be. Then if the game is complete, polish it.

i am not sure if this is what they are aiming for, i do know however that fixing a game while you are developing it is hard.

KugelFanger
7 hours ago, Slice-NL said:

1. Done hundreds of runs, never saw an armoured guy with just a knife. Don't exptect that to happen often.

he's not talking about a hatchet/knife runner with full armor. he is talking about unloading into someone, and the bullets do not register making it look like a dude is tanking mad amounts of shots.

11 hours ago, Reliant1 said:

what game do you own? is it just as complicated as tarkov??

Thanks everyone for the responses, my salt levels have dropped (lol) after making this thread and I can honestly say its just going to take time to grind out the skill needed to be consistent. I've had 3 more successful runs, still have yet to actively engage anyone though and I'm not looking forwards to those pvp encounters.

53 minutes ago, KugelFanger said:

he's not talking about a hatchet/knife runner with full armor. he is talking about unloading into someone, and the bullets do not register making it look like a dude is tanking mad amounts of shots.

what game do you own? is it just as complicated as tarkov??

To clarify I did indeed mean someone with that black body armor just taking rounds from a scavenged ak then running erratically towards me and knifing me.