Blackb1rd

SR-IMP vs Kiver & Fort?

Since we got an actual dev post on this, I figured I'd ask.

Is there a reason the (from what I understand) far less common SR-1M pistol was chosen over competing "AP" pistols in Russian service like the GSh-18?

I don't object to the choice at all, I just figured the GSh would make more sense as aside from the fact It's much more widespread through Russian military and police forces and more common in general, It has commonality with standard 9x19mm Luger rounds (even if other 9mm pistols would explode trying to handle the AP rounds made for it.)

I guess suppressors are harder to attach to It's rotary action barrel to be fair.

On 1/13/2018 at 8:11 PM, KhandE said:

Is there a reason the (from what I understand) far less common SR-1M pistol was chosen over competing "AP" pistols in Russian service like the GSh-18?

I don't object to the choice at all, I just figured the GSh would make more sense as aside from the fact It's much more widespread through Russian military and police forces and more common in general, It has commonality with standard 9x19mm Luger rounds (even if other 9mm pistols would explode trying to handle the AP rounds made for it.)

I guess suppressors are harder to attach to It's rotary action barrel to be fair.

Probably to do with getting rights to use it in the game, they contacted major gun and attachment companies like EoTech for their holos to use in eft. 

On 1/13/2018 at 1:11 PM, KhandE said:

The 9x21 round is multipurpose. its composed of a smaller caliber round shelled inside of a larger sleeve. This makes the round effective on both armored and unarmored targets. When the round hits a soft target the outer sleeve expands creating a large wound cavity like a hollow point round. When the round hits a hard target the outer sleeve breaks off and the smaller caliber round inside of the shell continues through the armor. The round is not perfect though because since it has such magical penetration the round must be made to be rather light and because of that the round will loose velocity and slow down a lot quicker than other pistol round. But hand in hand this might be a actual benefit when being used in areas with high populations of civys. I'm no expert on the subject but from the research I did this is what I was able to find.