Bryboskie

Push for squad play

I thank you both for the conversation you had.  I haven't checked in on this thread since I posted it. 

Whatever BSG chooses I can accept.  If it's some quests that will require 2 or more people then that wouldn't be too bad.  The scav difficulty could be a fun challenge.  I guess we'll see as this game progresses.

36 minutes ago, Bryboskie said:

I thank you both for the conversation you had.  I haven't checked in on this thread since I posted it. 

Whatever BSG chooses I can accept.  If it's some quests that will require 2 or more people then that wouldn't be too bad.  The scav difficulty could be a fun challenge.  I guess we'll see as this game progresses.

one last thing i wanna add. Just imagine scav runs as a team!. Have a nice day

They cannot eliminate solo play in any way. They might make it harder, or less rewarding and higher risk than now, but people will still play solo if there is no one to team up with. And sometimes i prefer being alone, having free roam on the map without constantly keeping in mind my teammates position, current gear etc. Just makes the game "more smoother". As in you don't have to wait on others to catch up when they run out of stamina, reloading, looting etc.

But yes, this is clearly a team based game. Take Arma 2 or 3 Epoch, Overpoch, Wasteland. You can achieve great things alone, but when you have more people everything becomes easier, and hell if you have the right people to play with then fun as well. 

If they take the solo-part away from this game, the game is dead for me. I don't have any friends playing it and don't like teaming up with randoms. 

If they make some quests that need a team to do, ok. I can live with it. But they can't remove the possibility to go lone wolf. 

No one said they’re gonna remove solo play, the devs just said it’s gonna become increasingly difficult for solo players. Don’t worry 

Keep in mind though that "team" doesn't have to mean 5 people...I've had much success and fun with teams of just 2-3 people.
It actually seems to work better currently as it's easier to keep track of people and there's usually enough loot for everyone.

1 hour ago, DanExert said:

No one said they’re gonna remove solo play, the devs just said it’s gonna become increasingly difficult for solo players. Don’t worry 

why should solo players not worry? they should if they are going to make the game increasingly harder just for them. They need more ways for players to enjoy the game not less.

i posted this in suggestions:

"so with all the talk of the game eventually supposed to be a group oriented game and punishing for solos what about this unless its already going to be this way. This is PMCs not Scav.

each map has 3 sides now, scav, bear, usec and right now each map instance has X number of human players. 

What if each instance worked like this, lets say for example Shoreline has 12 human PMCs, its split 6 bear and 6 usec. If you are in a group, it will try to place X groups per side to fill up the 6. A solo might get dumped in if it can't evenly make some groups to fill up 6. So say USEC could have 2 groups of 3 and Bear ends up a group of 2, a group of 3, and a solo. 

People who drop in solo would end up in a solo instance and be one of 6 on their respective side assuming you don't end up in the above.

Many people aren't going to want to play in groups, most games, even team oriented ones, people play as solo most of the time.

Again, more avenues for more types of players to enjoy your game. Other games do this, MWO comes to mind. The group queue is separate from the solo queue. Pretty sure if solos just get brutalized by groups there will be a big exodus of players. 

Scav just work as they do now.

The game works pretty well right now. If you can solve the desyncs and server drops, it really would be in a good place. The loot system works well right now. It is HARD but just hard enough to not be super annoying or frustrating (when the game isn't fighting you)"

Edited by bigbacon

2 hours ago, bigbacon said:

The game works pretty well right now. 

I need to get whatever version of the game you have. Mine certainly isn't the same! 

To add to the quoted interview someone mentioned before:

The social part of the game:
The game will have a location-based system. You have to pass the first location to get to the second and so on. And the further you go, the harder it gets. And you will not be able to pass all the locations by yourself. The game is more party-based.

Now, another misconception i see in this thread is that people are assuming the ability to play solo is going to be removed. It's not. They are simply going to start adding features that promote grouping up (VOIP, Armbands, quests/locations that need multiple people to clear).

They said so themselves. You will have the ability to play solo and to clear the initial locations. But with the ramp up of the difficulty from Raid to Raid, this will make it harder to do so the further along you get. This was the plan all along, as clearly visible in the interviews from 2 years ago. It's a hardcore game and the difficulty increase for people wanting to play solo is one of the things that makes it 'hard'.

I personally play solo half the time. More stuff to shoot at and less people to take the good loot. But i know that for those raid and quests i will need to find people to team up with.

And please don't forget, just because you don't go in with a team doesn't mean you can't meet someone in raid and use VOIP to team up with them to finish the raid. Some players might not like the idea, and i understand that, but unfortunately that is the plan at this stage.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ShiroTenshi said:

't forget, just because you don't go in with a team doesn't mean you can't meet someone in raid and use VOIP to team up with them to finish the raid. Some players might not like the idea, and i understand that, but unfortunately that is the plan at this stage.

this is perfectly fine and expected but I think the gripe is being expected to group up just to progress further (assuming story content).