Push for squad play

Bryboskie

I have heard Klean say multiple times that the devs are pusing for squad play and the game will start to move in that direction.  What does that push to squad play look like?

Personally this is kind of off putting.  I really like squadding up with buddies but sometimes lone wolfing can be very fun and rewarding. 

dumb idea. unless you have enough people for organized groups, players just most likely don't want to play in groups. you see this in every game even if you are forced into a team. How much more rigid do they plan to make the game? 

• Like 1

Just now, Skaldy said:

you dont need to share same game taste and play styles with everyone to enjoy few hours of any pc game

Not sure what point you’re trying to make here?

BSG have always marketed Tarkov as a team-based game, if people don’t want to play as a team that’s their problem, not BSG’s 

Just now, DanExert said:

BSG have always marketed Tarkov as a team-based game, if people don’t want to play as a team that’s their problem, not BSG’s 

you are missing the point ''targeted'' doesnt mean ''must''. Encouraging squad play is something and removing solo option is whole another thing. 

By strawmaning his whole argument you salted the thread,  he already pointed out if you can form group you can and will form them. But if you cant what's the point of forcing people?

Just now, Skaldy said:

you are missing the point ''targeted'' doesnt mean ''must''. Encouraging squad play is something and removing solo option is whole another thing. 

By strawmaning his whole argument you salted the thread,  he already pointed out if you can form group you can and will form them. But if you cant what's the point of forcing people?

Interesting, I also seem to remember an official statement about some quests being impossible to complete solo. Unfortunately though I cannot find a source for that, currently.

Also not sure what strawman means.

My whole point was that there will be times where teaming up will be imperative, as playing certain sections of the game may be near impossible to complete solo. If that upsets you then I am sorry.

3 minutes ago, DanExert said:

Interesting, I also seem to remember an official statement about some quests being impossible to complete solo. Unfortunately though I cannot find a source for that, currently.

Also not sure what strawman means.

My whole point was that there will be times where teaming up will be imperative, as playing certain sections of the game may be near impossible to complete solo. If that upsets you then I am sorry.

You are still missing the point. Strawman=you are picking up certain sentences and words from whole point of view and try to make argument based on that info.

Lol i'm not being upset. Just saying you cant form a team out of nowhere because game demands it. For example let's say your friends working atm and you wanna hop in and play a quick raid or quick supply run, why do you need a group for that?

Edited by Skaldy

Well let's hope not, if they force team play, they better make it a team game in which you literally spawn with a team of randoms and can communicate without there being any form of distrust and risk of being team killed, don't know how they'd do that though...

Forcing solo players to rely on knowing someone who has bought the game and works well with them is a bad idea. Not everyone can or wants to play in a group, but if we literally are forced to, the game might need to become another version of contract wars.

Edited by Djent_

7 minutes ago, Skaldy said:

You are still missing the point. Strawman=you are picking up certain sentences and words from whole point of view and try to make argument based on that info.

Lol i'm not being upset. Just saying you cant form a team out of nowhere because game demands it. For example let's say your friends working atm and you wanna hop in and play a quick raid or quick supply run, why do you need a group for that?

Our friend mentioned people who aren’t willing to team up, in a team-oriented game. My argument was directed towards these individuals, that they will not get the full experience of the game (and indeed make the game almost impossible to progress) if ALL THEY WANT TO DO is play solo. Now you have moved the goalposts by introducing actual team members, which these guys would not have if they didn’t want to team up.

Seems like you just strawmanned a strawman lol, how about that. Strawmanception 

24 minutes ago, DanExert said:

Don't know why people keep saying that. Direct quote from the about section on the games web-site:

Story-driven scenario based walkthrough as one of the multiplayer gamemodes. Complete raids on large scale locations with your friends or alone.

I love playing games like this solo, being able to jump in and out of the game as I please and not wait for people. I don't see they would go to great lengths to ruin the solo player experience and alienating a large percentage of the playerbase. 

Just now, Zybane said:

Don't know why people keep saying that. Direct quote from the about section on the games web-site:

Story-driven scenario based walkthrough as one of the multiplayer gamemodes. Complete raids on large scale locations with your friends or alone.

I love playing games like this solo, being able to jump in and out of the game as I please and not wait for people. I don't see they would go to great lengths to ruin the solo player experience and alienating a large percentage of the playerbase. 

You’re gonna make me find the quote, aren’t you :bewhatev:

Our friend mentioned people who aren’t willing to team up, in a team-oriented game. My argument was directed towards these individuals, that they will not get the full experience of the game (and indeed make the game almost impossible to progress) if ALL THEY WANT TO DO is play solo. Now you have moved the goalposts by introducing actual team members, which these guys would not have if they didn’t want to team up.

Seems like you just strawmanned a strawman lol, how about that. Strawmanception 

Do you have a comprehension problem? I'm talking about team play should be a choice for players not forced. Dunno about other people but i wouldnt play a team based game more than 2 rounds. You are still insisting on forcing it.

Edited by Skaldy

1 minute ago, DanExert said:

You’re gonna make me find the quote, aren’t you :bewhatev:

I'm going off of a main statement in the games about section that says the game can be played solo. It doesn't get much more cear than that. I have screenshotted the about section as that is why I bought the game and consider it reneging if they destroy solo play.  

5 minutes ago, Zybane said:

I'm going off of a main statement in the games about section that says the game can be played solo. It doesn't get much more cear than that. I have screenshotted the about section as that is why I bought the game and consider it reneging if they destroy solo play.  

The game has changed vision on a few things already. 

Let's be realistic for a second cos people seem stuck on the idea that squading up is going to give you ESP or something. It's not. 

The game's still going to be 100% playable solo, they're just looking into things to help squads play as squads. Such as the armbands to make it easier to tell team mates. Probably be looking at a few squad actions too, such as door breaches. 

It's a good route to go too, as multiplayer games with strong player to player interactions usually last longer than games that don't. 

4 minutes ago, Skaldy said:

Do you have a comprehension problem? I'm talking about team play should be a choice for players not forced. Dunno about other people but i wouldnt play a team based game more than 2 rounds. You are still insisting on forcing it.

I'm not forcing anything dude just going off the info I've been provided.

Q: Team play is one of the most important aspects to any MMO projects. What do players have to expect from Escape From Tarkov in that regard? How will they interact? Shall it be possible to clear the game solo?

A: "We would like to specifically point out that the game can be cleared solo, without partners, on beginner locations. From there on, however, either increasingly high skill or the help of the trusted partners will be required. Trust is important, because there will always be something to betray for. When you die in the raid, you lose all equipment, except for the money in the secure containers. First, by playing with partners you get to upgrade you skills together (in a hivemind manner). Second, you can communicate with them either via preset radio commands (loot found, enemy spotted, get the door, exit found etc) or your own voice on the microphone. Some of the scenarios specifically require teamplay, as some of the actions will need at least two persons to perform. Third, more guns (especially tactically advantageous ones) can make that very difference that will get you through scenario alive. And finally, more hands mean more loot!"

I guess this also gives a clue as to BSG's direction regarding the push for squad play

Yeah, if BSG insists on forcing us to group to progress through the game this may wind up a dud for me.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the squad play, even as difficult as it can be right at this moment.  I love the being tactical, making call outs, calling rooms clear, calling out targets and all of that.  However, there are times I just want to jump in and play.  Sometimes, friends/teammates can pick bad times to do things.  "Hold on about 15 minutes dude, I need to sort my inventory..."  Ok, I will run a solo run real fast.  If they take that option out, I will probably just log out and play another game.

We NEED to be able to play solo sometimes if it is by choice or by circumstances, ie no friends on at the moment or you come on late and they just started a long raid.  

32 minutes ago, Zybane said:

That is from their official page.  If they are going to deviate from that, they need to change the official statement.

8 minutes ago, GhostZ69 said:

Yeah, if BSG insists on forcing us to group to progress through the game this may wind up a dud for me.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the squad play, even as difficult as it can be right at this moment.  I love the being tactical, making call outs, calling rooms clear, calling out targets and all of that.  However, there are times I just want to jump in and play.  Sometimes, friends/teammates can pick bad times to do things.  "Hold on about 15 minutes dude, I need to sort my inventory..."  Ok, I will run a solo run real fast.  If they take that option out, I will probably just log out and play another game.

We NEED to be able to play solo sometimes if it is by choice or by circumstances, ie no friends on at the moment or you come on late and they just started a long raid.  

That is from their official page.  If they are going to deviate from that, they need to change the official statement.

Obviously the game isn't going to be 100% team based, so don't worry. BSG have talked about Arena mode and solo opportunities there, too. 

As far as I can tell there are going to be 3 game modes: Raids, Free Roam (after completion) and Arena.

I'm sure there will plenty to do for both solo and team play, however as stated, some parts of the story/scenarios will require at least 2 players to progress.

28 minutes ago, DanExert said:

I'm not forcing anything dude just going off the info I've been provided.

Q: Team play is one of the most important aspects to any MMO projects. What do players have to expect from Escape From Tarkov in that regard? How will they interact? Shall it be possible to clear the game solo?

A: "We would like to specifically point out that the game can be cleared solo, without partners, on beginner locations. From there on, however, either increasingly high skill or the help of the trusted partners will be required. Trust is important, because there will always be something to betray for. When you die in the raid, you lose all equipment, except for the money in the secure containers. First, by playing with partners you get to upgrade you skills together (in a hivemind manner). Second, you can communicate with them either via preset radio commands (loot found, enemy spotted, get the door, exit found etc) or your own voice on the microphone. Some of the scenarios specifically require teamplay, as some of the actions will need at least two persons to perform. Third, more guns (especially tactically advantageous ones) can make that very difference that will get you through scenario alive. And finally, more hands mean more loot!"

I guess this also gives a clue as to BSG's direction regarding the push for squad play

you do have a comprehension problem. they are talking about improving team play styles. By saying some actions need 2 person, they are obviously talking about breach bang and clear style of game play. There is no indication about the game being JUST TEAM GAME or JUST SOLO. Rest of the convo means team play would be more fun and rewarding; like it should be

We would like to specifically point out that the game can be cleared solo, without partners, on beginner locations

Edited by Skaldy

1 minute ago, Skaldy said:

you do have a comprehension problem. they are talking about improving team play styles. By saying some actions need 2 person, they are obviously talking about breach bang and clear style of game play. There is no indication about the game being JUST TEAM GAME or JUST SOLO.

We would like to specifically point out that the game can be cleared solo, without partners, on beginner locations

And you strawman again lol

Do you know something I don't? Are you on BSG's payroll and are privy to information no one else is? 

2 minutes ago, Skaldy said:

1. We would like to specifically point out that the game can be cleared solo, without partners, on beginner locations. From there on, however, either increasingly high skill or the help of the trusted partners will be required.

2. "Some of the scenarios specifically require teamplay, as some of the actions will need at least two persons to perform.

1. i.e. if you are not good enough to do it solo, you will need help from other players otherwise you will not progress

2. Who knows what these scenarios might be? Maybe getting a boost up to a high up area which we are unable to jump up ourselves, to then drop a ladder for our partner(s) to climb up into a new area? Or other Splinter Cell-esque co-op moves like carrying or climbing on each other etc. Maybe as you say simply just the breach/bang and clear mechanics. I don't know, and neither do you. No one does yet, it is all speculation based on the information we have at our disposal.

What I do know, is that BSG are constantly encouraging us to squad up and work as a team, and I truly believe the upcoming mechanics (ammo and meds) will help encourage team oriented gameplay.

And you strawman again lol

Do you know something I don't? Are you on BSG's payroll and are privy to information no one else is? 

1. i.e. if you are not good enough to do it solo, you will need help from other players otherwise you will not progress

2. Who knows what these scenarios might be? Maybe getting a boost up to a high up area which we are unable to jump up ourselves, to then drop a ladder for our partner(s) to climb up into a new area? Or other Splinter Cell-esque co-op moves like carrying or climbing on each other etc. Maybe as you say simply just the breach/bang and clear mechanics. I don't know, and neither do you. No one does yet, it is all speculation based on the information we have at our disposal.

What I do know, is that BSG are constantly encouraging us to squad up and work as a team, and I truly believe the upcoming mechanics (ammo and meds) will help encourage team oriented gameplay.

1. Highskill or partner, which implies you can still go solo

2.The stuff you are talking about is much like a short cut route or alternative route scenerio. Again nothing implies here they will be forcing team play. 

Your first argument was implying people shouldnt play the game if they dont wanna team up, now your attidute is encouragement. Please try harder somewhere else or wait do it here i dont care i already made my point couple of times

Just now, Skaldy said:

1. Highskill or partner, which implies you can still go solo

2.The stuff you are talking about is much like a short cut route or alternative route scenerio. Again nothing implies here they will be forcing team play. 

Your first argument was implying people shouldnt play the game if they dont wanna team up, now your attidute is encouragement. Please try harder somewhere else or wait do it here i dont care i already made my point couple of times

1. If you are good enough - what if you are not good enough? Then are you forced to play as a team?

2. The Last of Us - displays scenarios where boosting your ally up to drop a ladder is absolutely imperative, and would not be possible if you were alone (scripted, I know, but the point still stands). There is nothing stopping BSG from implementing this [or not, of course!)

Yeah, I soon realised the fundamentalist approach was probably not the best, and I certainly did come across quite abrasive. However I personally believe BSG feel that strongly about playing as a team; just wait until the Scavs actually become difficult to fight. I guess the answer to this will come on release.

Unfortunately, the argument has literally now been whittled down to 2 individual's interpretations of one paragraph of an interview posted 2 years ago - whether or not the devs will have more to say on the "push for squad play" over the coming months remains to be seen.