WackoDesperado

I try my hardest to love this game but I can't

1 hour ago, zpwarrior said:

Sounds like you ran into dsync on that one bud. Not to mention the shotguns are in a very poor state right now, I would suggest selling them or trading them for m4s until they adjust them. 

I don't believe this desync explanation for a second. I've been in this situation before. I've seen 16 hits for 16 damage, shotgun vs armour. This is the way it currently is, by design. 

Fact is, for the moment, if you have a shotgun in your hands, and you encounter a geared PMC, you'd better play the legs, because if you don't, you will be killed.

26 minutes ago, Zybane said:

You can't blame anything and everything in this game on "desync". 

Right. I had a whinge about 9mm a while back, the stuff that is supposed to punch through 4mm steel plate Pst Gzh or whatever it is. Shot a stationary guy in the head with it three times and then in the back another four because he reacted, he got up and ran away. Maybe the third shot wasn't clean on the head, the first two were. Close range. He stitched me with something big. Afterwards I saw my hits there, seven hits in the gameplay summary. Acknowledged by the game. Tallied up hits. 

And still people wheeled out the old desync call. It's not, it is that armour is very effective in this game against certain rounds.   

11 hours ago, Hellseven said:

Improvise, adapt, overcome.

use enviroment, ambush people. use your brain ffs. if you see geared players - evade them, flank them. use 'nades. thousand possibilities, and you want simple switch for "easy", "medium", "hard"...just git gud

and, btw, i want to see screens of 2+ people in forts from present patch. 

11 hours ago, zpwarrior said:

BSG themselves want people grouping up, so they arent gonna let you have some separate que. Most raids that I extract, i come out with plenty of gear or stuff to make cash on. You probably shot a guy with some type of armor, which the 9mm has terrible penetration. Ive gone in with a makarov and taken someones fort before, maybe practice more? Hell ive gone geared up plenty of times and got outplayed by a player with a pistol. I don't want you recommending this game to your friends either, when you clearly dont have the experience or knowledge of how this game works.

I understand this game. I am good. Doesn't mean I can't make a complaint about an imbalance in this game. Doesn't mean I can't give ideas to make this game better or more friendly to those who don't want to devote their entire week to leveling skills that degrade when I leave for one day.

Edited by tobiassolem
Removed provocation, masked profanity

1 hour ago, Zybane said:

You can't blame anything and everything in this game on "desync". 

sure mate, then why dont you name us 3 combat issues that arent related to desync?

Edited by Skaldy

1 hour ago, WackoDesperado said:

<snip>

I understand this game. I am good. Doesn't mean I can't make a complaint about an imbalance in this game. Doesn't mean I can't give ideas to make this game better or more friendly to those who don't want to devote their entire week to leveling skills that degrade when I leave for one day.

Well if you're going to violate the forum rules they will ban you.

Edited by tobiassolem
Remove quoted masked profanity and derogatory attitude

37 minutes ago, VladThePad said:

I don't believe this desync explanation for a second. I've been in this situation before. I've seen 16 hits for 16 damage, shotgun vs armour. This is the way it currently is, by design. 

Fact is, for the moment, if you have a shotgun in your hands, and you encounter a geared PMC, you'd better play the legs, because if you don't, you will be killed.

Right. I had a whinge about 9mm a while back, the stuff that is supposed to punch through 4mm steel plate Pst Gzh or whatever it is. Shot a stationary guy in the head with it three times and then in the back another four because he reacted, he got up and ran away. Maybe the third shot wasn't clean on the head, the first two were. Close range. He stitched me with something big. Afterwards I saw my hits there, seven hits in the gameplay summary. Acknowledged by the game. Tallied up hits. 

And still people wheeled out the old desync call. It's not, it is that armour is very effective in this game against certain rounds.   

People keep mentioning armor and headshots, the armor isnt gonna stop a headshot. So dysync is most likely the culprit. And certain rounds are going to be semi useless against armor.

4 minutes ago, zpwarrior said:

People keep mentioning armor and headshots, the armor isnt gonna stop a headshot. So dysync is most likely the culprit. And certain rounds are going to be semi useless against armor.

Helmets. Armour that goes on your head. There are two types of armour in this game, body armour, and helmets. Like I said, when the summary screen acknowledges the hits, the desync theory is done.

You’re talking about how there’s no gear matchmaking & that clearly indicates that you view this game as a traditional competitive shooter rather than a survival game. A lot of people bought this game thinking it’s something that it’s not and does not strive to become. When these people then realize that this is not the new CS:GO that they were looking for, they complain & try desperately to convince the developers to change the game in order to fit the bill.

Personally I find great satisfaction in going into a raid with a minimum amount of gear, making some good tactical decisions and coming out with a lot more than I came in with. There will be players with better gear than you but there are ways to counter that and you even pointed it out yourself in your second paragraph. You shoot them in the legs rather than in the armoured areas.

And if there’d be some sort of matchmaking in this game then gear would not be the best thing to match with since a super geared inexperienced player would still act as a loot piñata for veterans.

Do you want to survive more raids? Don’t go running around with just your hatchet expecting a high survival rate. Equip yourself with weapons and mods that suit the map you intend to play and join up with a group of other players. There is strength in numbers, just like in many other similar survival games.

• Upvote 1

vor 3 Minuten schrieb reemr:

You’re talking about how there’s no gear matchmaking & that clearly indicates that you view this game as a traditional competitive shooter rather than a survival game. A lot of people bought this game thinking it’s something that it’s not and does not strive to become. When these people then realize that this is not the new CS:GO that they were looking for, they complain & try desperately to convince the developers to change the game in order to fit the bill.

Personally I find great satisfaction in going into a raid with a minimum amount of gear, making some good tactical decisions and coming out with a lot more than I came in with. There will be players with better gear than you but there are ways to counter that and you even pointed it out yourself in your second paragraph. You shoot them in the legs rather than in the armoured areas.

And if there’d be some sort of matchmaking in this game then gear would not be the best thing to match with since a super geared inexperienced player would still act as a loot piñata for veterans.

Do you want to survive more raids? Don’t go running around with just your hatchet expecting a high survival rate. Equip yourself with weapons and mods that suit the map you intend to play and join up with a group of other players. There is strength in numbers, just like in many other similar survival games.

This.

Also a matching system wouldn't help in any way. Let's say you will be matched by gear, someone who played with the AK-74u for days against a low gear player who just bought one will be better with the weapon no matter what. Heck, even a level matching system wouldn't be working since you can reset your account.

I can only wonder how people come here and expect an casual styled game. Even playing alone is for most cases a bad option. By now Escape from Tarkov is notrious for it's learning curve and gameplay mechanics. So many threads, videos, articles and comments state how the game is going to be.

Also "You can't expect players to invest so much time" - All games ever released demanded your time to get good in them. You have to invest your time to learn the game. How is that a bad thing all of the sudden?

So many times I see people complaining how unfair this game is and how they need to make it easier for everyone. This is not the case here. This has nothing to do with unfair game mechanics. No matter how heavy you are armed and armored, you will always be gunned down by a player who just brought a pistol but also a plan to use it. Even the hatchet can be dangerous if you have the patience to use it.

The only way to survive the raids is to make a plan youself.

The real problems are lags and desyncs, nearly all of the problems occuring are to blame on this.

Boy, I still ask myself how so many people played CS, UT, Quake and Battlefield back then without any matchmaking.:benoway:

• Upvote 1

I bought this game 1 month ago...You cant play it alone at start on this current state m8 in order to be competitive..Even if you have gear you still need to learn the maps.You need to play offline alot to learn scav spots etc.Ill tell you waht happened to me..First week i was still learning the maps.I said is ok i go as scav i dont care if i die.I managed to kill 1 guy and i found some other good loot isnide the game from bodies etc..Guess what happened. I didnt manage to extract cause i didnt know where to go directly with my broken leg.Then i switched to offline to get familiar with the maps.Also check your fps.Believe it or not it affects your ability to kill someone.

Gentlemen, 

Being frustrated whilst dealing with in-game issues whilst testing this closed-beta product is to be expected, and these forums are indeed intended as a way to channel, discuss and describe the issues with the game. But there are lines. Our forum rules for example:

Please keep to civil discourse, do not attack each other, or fuel a toxic environment for others to have to read through. Please post constructively. 

Thank you.

wanna live ? stop doing ducking Hatchling runs, and cry if you meet 1 player who took out hes gear to kill all players and loot the area.  

9 hours ago, DanExert said:

Why are people still using shotguns

unless the people have heavy armor, shotguns are silly good sometimes well and they are cheap. I don't mind using them, especially t hose Toz ones, they are the best sniper gun in the game.

I've lost like everything over the last two days to DeSync. Just now in the factory I kill a couple scavs, I'm snooping around, all of a sudden I start making the coughing/injured noises with no one around me and no indication I've been injured. Then dead.

There is really no point in playing/testing the game with the current severe problems. And yes bug reports are submitted. And no I'm not going to run around as a hatchling with no gear. 

I feel ya on the bugs and loss of connection is the most aggravating to me.  

That being said I still have managed to get over 2 million rubbles and many weapons. 

As well as take one groups of 3 or more solo and with a partner so... 

I am a pretty new player, with roughly a week of playing this game. Right now I have 5-6 million rubles, a good selection of weapons and I win some and loose some. Game is all about progression and from mainly hatchet runs, I have slowly started doing more organized runs, looking for players to kill and gear to loot. Yes, game is hard when going solo, but you will learn and adapt to situations. Just today,  I was clearing the shoreline apartment complex and killing off both player and A.I, while looting up big time. 

Edited by Malakh

"mainly hatchet runs". Sigh. For those of us that refuse to play that way it's a different story. I guess being a hatchling to advance when new is woven into the very fabric of the game. 

Am 14.1.2018 um 09:37 schrieb reemr:

When these people then realize that this is not the new CS:GO that they were looking for, they complain & try desperately to convince the developers to change the game in order to fit the bill.

Oh come on that's just a big exaggeration in order to suit your point, like anyone would expect "the new CSGO" with this game.. that's just ridicoulus. No one's that far off. No offense bud, but to me that point roots in the arrogance of "hardcore"-players that occurs with some people from time to time. And I'm not saying there aren't people who buy EFT and expected something different afterwards, but you're making it bigger than it is. I think most people do know what they're getting themselves into.

On 1/12/2018 at 10:43 PM, WackoDesperado said:

I bought EOD. I played lot's. But there are problems that aren't being addressed.

There is no gear match making. Hatchlings are paired with full forts and vice versa causing one side to be kill 2 seconds into a raid.

It feels like the only way to survive raids is not play them. Even if you have gear you can still die from the legs. You need friends to help watch 360 degrees.

Most people have low survive rates, which is not a good thing for a game. (It's hardcore but it is still  a game)

CQB and melee suck.

There is no effect that gives a player shock when hit with bullets they 180 you with perfect aim.

I'm waiting for issues to be solved but want to play.

Chop Chop BSG

My survival rate is 23% which is fair considering I am new and I do a lot of hatchling runs. I wouldn't want to play this game if I always survived.

I understand that it is a game but most of us, I think, invested in this game to get a challenging and therefore rewarding experience. If I wanted a game were I would survive most of the time I could play 7 days to die or Minecraft.

The matchmaking for geared players doesn't make sense to me at all. I don't think they have any intention of making such a thing. 

The leg thing is annoying but again, its more realistic. And is a legitimate tactic. A wounded enemy can disrupt the entire team. 

Melee is a bit 50/50 now. But I think this is mostly server issues and may be resolved in the coming time.

IDK what you mean by CQB per-say but you are always better to avoid CQB IMO.

There is a squinting/ jolting effect when you get shot. It could certainly be more severe though.

It sounds like the issue you have is with Hardcore shooters/survival in general. This genre may not mesh well for you in general.

Also, remember this is a Beta and a lot may change.

I don't know why people think that hatchet will win against gear and they try to rush them. Sure if they r not wearing helmet go for it but if they have helmet just leave them it's not worth it unless ure in a very superior position to take out the guy I. e. Hatchet their legs to the max. 

Not what I am saying

52 minutes ago, Xenome-111 said:

I don't know why people think that hatchet will win against gear and they try to rush them. Sure if they r not wearing helmet go for it but if they have helmet just leave them it's not worth it unless ure in a very superior position to take out the guy I. e. Hatchet their legs to the max. 

mannnnnn all this post, this game is about how you need to be meticulous, to have good graps to patience and nerves of steel or simple try to survive and not throw youself in to death; ppl keep confuse this game about killing when is all about of grab loot and exit the map