Jump to content
WackoDesperado

I try my hardest to love this game but I can't

Recommended Posts

I bought EOD. I played lot's. But there are problems that aren't being addressed.

There is no gear match making. Hatchlings are paired with full forts and vice versa causing one side to be kill 2 seconds into a raid.

It feels like the only way to survive raids is not play them. Even if you have gear you can still die from the legs. You need friends to help watch 360 degrees.

Most people have low survive rates, which is not a good thing for a game. (It's hardcore but it is still  a game)

CQB and melee suck.

There is no effect that gives a player shock when hit with bullets they 180 you with perfect aim.

 

I'm waiting for issues to be solved but want to play.

Chop Chop BSG

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 7
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WackoDesperado said:

I bought EOD. I played lot's. But there are problems that aren't being addressed.

There is no gear match making. Hatchlings are paired with full forts and vice versa causing one side to be kill 2 seconds into a raid.

It feels like the only way to survive raids is not play them. Even if you have gear you can still die from the legs. You need friends to help watch 360 degrees.

Most people have low survive rates, which is not a good thing for a game. (It's hardcore but it is still  a game)

CQB and melee suck.

There is no effect that gives a player shock when hit with bullets they 180 you with perfect aim.

 

I'm waiting for issues to be solved but want to play.

Chop Chop BSG

There shouldn't be gear matchmaking in this game and from my understanding they have no plan to implement it. This isnt the division or call of duty. Hell the other day I went in with a hatchet, played safe and sat in a safe position while 2 squads beat the crap out of each other. I came in after it was all done and walked out with 2 free forts.

Your right, having friend increases your odds, BSG has stated they want people finding squads to play with.

From the sound of it bud, you picked the wrong type of game.

  • Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The reason people have low survival rates is because they're either new or they attempt to play like their favorite streamers. If you actually cared about surviving then you would watch game guides and spend a bunch of hours on offline and Scav mode. Only then would you play as a PMC. 

"Gear match making" has no place in this game. If you're looking for an arcadey "it's just a game!!!" experience then go somewhere else. And as for "people can just turn around and kill you", they can't. The suppression effects already blur their vision. And the pain blurs it even more. Add any broken limbs in and their aim is also worse. The only reason it seems like they just 180 no-scope you is because they abuse the place-holder instant-meds and desync. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, WackoDesperado said:

There is no effect that gives a player shock when hit with bullets they 180 you with perfect aim.

what the hell are you talking about - lol

yes there is an effect when you get shot. this can be minimized by leveling shock resistance soft skill, but its still there. it can't be completely disabling either, or else you'd be here complaining that you got shot once by a makorov and can't move/see/return fire to defend yourself because you're guys in complete shock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gear-Matchmaking would be the death for this game. Why do you want a Hatchlingparty? (or every other combo). Maybe there will be an Arena-Mode later that's balanced by Gear where have a deathmatch without losing or gaining anything but an bit of xp and a  lot of experience how to fight.

 

I'm playing only solo. Traders are at royalty, I have millions of rouble, dozens of weapons and equipment. My survive rate is low, but the fun is great. Dieing in this game always is a lesson. If everyone has a high-survive-rate, EFT would not be the game most people love.

Playing as a team is really powerful. But that's what you have to expect for such a game. Still solo is possible and hopefully will ever be (and yes, the advertisent says "solo or with your firends"). 

I however hope that there will be a balancing the way that teams can maximum occupy 49% of total slots on maps like factory. Everything else is bullshit xD

Ah yes, I love the scav-AI

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TheHappyMile said:

Gear-Matchmaking would be the death for this game. Why do you want a Hatchlingparty? (or every other combo). Maybe there will be an Arena-Mode later that's balanced by Gear where have a deathmatch without losing or gaining anything but an bit of xp and a  lot of experience how to fight.

 

I'm playing only solo. Traders are at royalty, I have millions of rouble, dozens of weapons and equipment. My survive rate is low, but the fun is great. Dieing in this game always is a lesson. If everyone has a high-survive-rate, EFT would not be the game most people love.

Playing as a team is really powerful. But that's what you have to expect for such a game. Still solo is possible and hopefully will ever be (and yes, the advertisent says "solo or with your firends"). 

I however hope that there will be a balancing the way that teams can maximum occupy 49% of total slots on maps like factory. Everything else is bullshit xD

Ah yes, I love the scav-AI

 

6 hours ago, JJamie said:

what the hell are you talking about - lol

yes there is an effect when you get shot. this can be minimized by leveling shock resistance soft skill, but its still there. it can't be completely disabling either, or else you'd be here complaining that you got shot once by a makorov and can't move/see/return fire to defend yourself because you're guys in complete shock.

 

11 hours ago, Erik_Jager said:

The reason people have low survival rates is because they're either new or they attempt to play like their favorite streamers. If you actually cared about surviving then you would watch game guides and spend a bunch of hours on offline and Scav mode. Only then would you play as a PMC. 

"Gear match making" has no place in this game. If you're looking for an arcadey "it's just a game!!!" experience then go somewhere else. And as for "people can just turn around and kill you", they can't. The suppression effects already blur their vision. And the pain blurs it even more. Add any broken limbs in and their aim is also worse. The only reason it seems like they just 180 no-scope you is because they abuse the place-holder instant-meds and desync. 

 

13 hours ago, zpwarrior said:

There shouldn't be gear matchmaking in this game and from my understanding they have no plan to implement it. This isnt the division or call of duty. Hell the other day I went in with a hatchet, played safe and sat in a safe position while 2 squads beat the crap out of each other. I came in after it was all done and walked out with 2 free forts.

Your right, having friend increases your odds, BSG has stated they want people finding squads to play with.

From the sound of it bud, you picked the wrong type of game.

It's not a 6 man hatchet raid. If you have gear you probably want to come out with gear, not hatchets. A raid might have 2 "Full gears" 2 "Geared" and 2 "Low gear" Going in with a makarov and being greeted by 5 full forts isn't fun or fair. (BUt it hard cor not 4 wimp. Yes, but it is still a game.)

I've put more then 10 rounds into someone at 10 meters with my MPX and they turn around and one tap me. First they don't die because damage and armor is not finished and right now, stupid. Sure they could get lucky but this happens too often for people to be lucky every time. If your back was being filled with lead you probably not going to be able to turn around and return fire.

As you say that this is a niche game. That makes it hard to convince my friends or find other to play with. Perhaps there should be solo queue and squad queue.(But thats not how dis gam is made. Sure but this could work, is it not the most realistic thing ever, sure, is this game, no.)

As a note for the future never use the this is hardcore or you picked the wrong game or aren't playing right. Simply not what anyone needs to hear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WackoDesperado said:

 

 

 

It's not a 6 man hatchet raid. If you have gear you probably want to come out with gear, not hatchets. A raid might have 2 "Full gears" 2 "Geared" and 2 "Low gear" Going in with a makarov and being greeted by 5 full forts isn't fun or fair. (BUt it hard cor not 4 wimp. Yes, but it is still a game.)

I've put more then 10 rounds into someone at 10 meters with my MPX and they turn around and one tap me. First they don't die because damage and armor is not finished and right now, stupid. Sure they could get lucky but this happens too often for people to be lucky every time. If your back was being filled with lead you probably not going to be able to turn around and return fire.

As you say that this is a niche game. That makes it hard to convince my friends or find other to play with. Perhaps there should be solo queue and squad queue.(But thats not how dis gam is made. Sure but this could work, is it not the most realistic thing ever, sure, is this game, no.)

As a note for the future never use the this is hardcore or you picked the wrong game or aren't playing right. Simply not what anyone needs to hear.

BSG themselves want people grouping up, so they arent gonna let you have some separate que. Most raids that I extract, i come out with plenty of gear or stuff to make cash on. You probably shot a guy with some type of armor, which the 9mm has terrible penetration. Ive gone in with a makarov and taken someones fort before, maybe practice more? Hell ive gone geared up plenty of times and got outplayed by a player with a pistol. I don't want you recommending this game to your friends either, when you clearly dont have the experience or knowledge of how this game works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Improvise, adapt, overcome.

use enviroment, ambush people. use your brain ffs. if you see geared players - evade them, flank them. use 'nades. thousand possibilities, and you want simple switch for "easy", "medium", "hard"...just git gud

 

and, btw, i want to see screens of 2+ people in forts from present patch. 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love how the armor in this game is like wearing a mech suit. If you shoot somebody in the back with 10 9mm rounds of MPX and nothing happens, what is the point of having these weapons in the game? 

The entire game is about who can loot traders the quickest and get FOTM loadouts that are all the same. It's lame as hell. 

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Zybane said:

I love how the armor in this game is like wearing a mech suit. If you shoot somebody in the back with 10 9mm rounds of MPX and nothing happens, what is the point of having these weapons in the game? 

The entire game is about who can loot traders the quickest and get FOTM loadouts that are all the same. It's lame as hell. 


Clearly you just need to get better...I run with just a paca and have taken out people in fort armour and helmet.
If you encounter someone in fort armour and helmet and you shoot their torso, that's your own fault.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Zybane said:

I love how the armor in this game is like wearing a mech suit. If you shoot somebody in the back with 10 9mm rounds of MPX and nothing happens, what is the point of having these weapons in the game? 

 

Wahooo a 9mn stopped by bullet vest, how surprising...

Slry, can't you buy AK or a vepr with PS, or even shot the head/legs (3 shots in the legs of the most crappy shotgun and your top gear player is down). 

But I forgot than bitching is easier than learning

 

    

Edited by Scaramanga-fr
  • Like 2
  • Hot 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Take a clip of 9mm submachine gun fire into the back from 5 meters in real life and try and turn around and insta kill the person. Let me know how well that works out for you...  

  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Zybane Do you realise that fort is plated military grade armor, designed to take multiple hits from Ar and rifle grade ammo. Your 9mm doesnt mean a damn thing when it squishes up against hard ceramic or steel plate.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, WackoDesperado said:

I bought EOD. I played lot's. But there are problems that aren't being addressed.

There is no gear match making. Hatchlings are paired with full forts and vice versa causing one side to be kill 2 seconds into a raid.

I don't think matching based on gear would do the game any good, but I think the game truly needs a solution for newer players.

Since the game is released to the public and everybody can get access, it will get inherently harder to get into it. Players who started in Alpha or Early Beta essentially had no contest since everybody was a newbie and there wasn't much content to learn at once, so the game was a lot easier to pick up and learn. Now that there are more experienced players out there and more content and features, for beginners it will get more and more difficult and frustrating to learn the game, ultimately leading to not being fun at all until you invest tons of hours. I don't even want to imagine how it will be for new players once the game is "done", if there is no solution until then.
If I were to start playing Counter-Strike (or any other FPS I haven't played) right now and would have to face all kinds of players with years of experience, I would get my ass kicked and would have no fun at all. That's what it probably be like for new players with the current system in EfT in a few months, so I'd suggest something like matching new players separately until they reach a certain playtime.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Satah said:

I don't think matching based on gear would do the game any good, but I think the game truly needs a solution for newer players.

Since the game is released to the public and everybody can get access, it will get inherently harder to get into it. Players who started in Alpha or Early Beta essentially had no contest since everybody was a newbie and there wasn't much content to learn at once, so the game was a lot easier to pick up and learn. Now that there are more experienced players out there and more content and features, for beginners it will get more and more difficult and frustrating to learn the game, ultimately leading to not being fun at all until you invest tons of hours. I don't even want to imagine how it will be for new players once the game is "done", if there is no solution until then.
If I were to start playing Counter-Strike (or any other FPS I haven't played) right now and would have to face all kinds of players with years of experience, I would get my ass kicked and would have no fun at all. That's what it probably be like for new players with the current system in EfT in a few months, so I'd suggest something like matching new players separately until they reach a certain playtime.

The fact is, if you know what you are doing or are sneekiebreeki enough you can kill anyone with a PM etc :bewhink:

From personal experience of training/ forcing other clan mates to stop being pussies by taking them out on raids and refusing them if they did not take out at least a pistol works.

This is a game where your game equates to your gear vs skill & additional assets (team mates etc).

Generally speaking the more you put in, the more you will take out. 

 

Edited by vatt84
clarification

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, even if you only "scav run" your main PMC character, the character XPs skills. Even when you get hurt and die, or run from enemies, your Endurance / Stamina grow. Keep dying and running. Get into Scav proper for ammo and basic weapons. Get back to your main character right after. Rinse, repeat. The more you do it, the easier it will be for the main to survive and prosper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SafetyTurtle said:

So you're saying you shot a person several times in the back from 5 meters away not wearing armour? that's a bug or desync then.

 

How does that explain that everyone appears to be able to shoot me just fine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

don't worry about it, with the amount of night time gamma abusers, macro key binding lamers, silent walking hacks and the new welfare system/care package *dogtags(worst mistake ever to be made in this game, used be able to meet people and get out bad situations, now every one kills everyone for that welfare tag)

shooting people in the back and having them turning is not that bad,atleast with them people you had chance to kill them

if they have helmet knee them, if they have no helmet headshot them, if they have head and armour, nade them, but careful nades are broke at the moment

Edited by Kostchtchie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought I'd post back since I literally just got done fighting a PMC in factory that had fort armor. I am a SCAV and this PMC completely crouches right past me and stop. I line up my MP-153 to the back of his head, rapid fire slam five blasts right into his noggin, he turns to shoot me, my 6th blast lands right in his face as he kills me and he survives. 

 

So let me guess this straight, there are people that actually think having fort armor in real life would make you immune to six 12 gauge shotgun blasts from 2 feet away. Correct? I couldn't type that without chuckling. 

 

It is a laughable "I win button". So if six 12 gauge close range shotgun blasts won't kill a fort PMC, what will? Having fort basically means you are immune to SCAVs. This is intended? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Zybane said:

Thought I'd post back since I literally just got done fighting a PMC in factory that had fort armor. I am a SCAV and this PMC completely crouches right past me and stop. I line up my MP-153 to the back of his head, rapid fire slam five blasts right into his noggin, he turns to shoot me, my 6th blast lands right in his face as he kills me and he survives. 

 

So let me guess this straight, there are people that actually think having fort armor in real life would make you immune to six 12 gauge shotgun blasts from 2 feet away. Correct? I couldn't type that without chuckling. 

 

It is a laughable "I win button". So if six 12 gauge close range shotgun blasts won't kill a fort PMC, what will? Having fort basically means you are immune to SCAVs. This is intended? 

Sounds like you ran into dsync on that one bud. Not to mention the shotguns are in a very poor state right now, I would suggest selling them or trading them for m4s until they adjust them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Zybane said:

Thought I'd post back since I literally just got done fighting a PMC in factory that had fort armor. I am a SCAV and this PMC completely crouches right past me and stop. I line up my MP-153 to the back of his head, rapid fire slam five blasts right into his noggin, he turns to shoot me, my 6th blast lands right in his face as he kills me and he survives. 

 

So let me guess this straight, there are people that actually think having fort armor in real life would make you immune to six 12 gauge shotgun blasts from 2 feet away. Correct? I couldn't type that without chuckling. 

 

It is a laughable "I win button". So if six 12 gauge close range shotgun blasts won't kill a fort PMC, what will? Having fort basically means you are immune to SCAVs. This is intended? 

Him surviving shots to the back of the head has nothing to do with him wearing fort armor...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×