the-Collector

Nested Backpacks

So I picked up a backpack from a killed player and there were 5 to 6 other packs nested inside. Easy fix is to have each subsequent backpack that you stuff into the first one lose 2 to 3 slots. Maybe just grey them out or something. Kind of credulous to have 5 packs and then body armor in the last one.

Thanks,
Josh

I thought of nested backpacks as a problem as well, my idea of a solution was that backpacks the same size shouldn't allow another to be inside of itself, however, like how you can fold the stocks on firearms, you can compress a backpack into a 2*3 non-container item that can be put inside of any backpack.

Curious to see if the devs see it as a problem and if they do anything about it.

The Standard Edition stash is incriminatingly tiny already, only the 2 most expensive editions have a reasonably sized stash. I think nesting bags is okay.

1 hour ago, TheUniT said:

The Standard Edition stash is incriminatingly tiny already, only the 2 most expensive editions have a reasonably sized stash. I think nesting bags is okay.

By release we're supposed to catch up with EOD size stash.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb KastorKrieg:

By release we're supposed to catch up with EOD size stash.

I guess that's fair-ish, it's weird anyway. Could you give me a source?

On 1/12/2018 at 11:17 PM, the-Collector said:

So I picked up a backpack from a killed player and there were 5 to 6 other packs nested inside. Easy fix is to have each subsequent backpack that you stuff into the first one lose 2 to 3 slots. Maybe just grey them out or something. Kind of credulous to have 5 packs and then body armor in the last one.

Thanks,
Josh

I think it's fine but, you shouldn't be able to fit physical items into the last backpack maybe? because you can technically take an empty backpack, roll it up, and stuff it into another backpack as best you can, it's just going to lose room each time, maybe allow 5 of the same within one another or something. I just don't know what you'd do about going smaller size as well. Maybe have an option to physically roll a backpack and it won't have any space to put things into it, but it would roll up, say to 4 slots, 3 slots, etc. depending on the size of the backpack. That way it takes up physical room in a backpack and doesn't just stack and then it would become more of an item in of itself, than an exploit. 

Edited by Tweedler