Barakna

Kill Cam (Hear me out)

Alright hear me out here.

There's been quite a few instances where me or one of my friends, if not all of us, suddenly just fall to our deaths. So sound of explosions, shots or anything. Sometimes we aren't even that close to each other. Sometimes it wont say what killed us, simply that we died. Other times there'll be a name attached to our death. 

I feel like something is afoot here and we suspect hacking. A kill cam would be nice so people can verify what killed them. Could make it delayed by like, a minute, maybe more, or something so groups  of players can't abuse it.

The game is great, but suddenly dying with no indication of what killed you can be game-closingly infuriating.

Thoughts?

• Like 2
  • Cold 1
  • Sad 8
  • Upvote 3

I second that. I too have been victim of sudden and seemingly random deaths where there has been no indication to what killed me. No gunshots, explosions or things like that. 

I believe a kill cam would be a great thing to implement. This would make a lot of deaths less frustrating since the player would be able to watch the kill cam and see exactly how he died. It would improve the players perception of the map and might even help the player learn new tactics from the killer. 

A kill cam would in my opinion be a great feature. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, eikotehmouse said:

no.... no kill cams... A KIA after action report that is more detailed would be nice... But this isn't CoD or BF....

A more detailed KIA report would definately be a great addition! I like your thought.

I think the way PUBG has implemented a kill cam is quite good (you can only see the kill cam after your whole squad has died). Something along those lines could work I believe and it wouldnt be easy to exploit it. 

• Upvote 1

Was also thinking in the lines of PUBGs where you can't actually abuse it.

It's mostly as a means to detect and report cheaters and hackers. A more detailed KIA report might also do the trick. It just seems like some people might be hacking and there's no real way to the victim to actually detect or report this.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Barakna said:

Was also thinking in the lines of PUBGs where you can't actually abuse it.

It's mostly as a means to detect and report cheaters and hackers. A more detailed KIA report might also do the trick. It just seems like some people might be hacking and there's no real way to the victim to actually detect or report this.

I think PUBG hit the nail on the head for hardcore shooters with an after action review styled kill cam.  I would love to see EFT impliment something like this.

• Sad 2

A more detailed KIA report would solve these problems.
Often when this happens it's not 'cause of hackers, but rather a glitch or a legit death.
Happened to me once. On customs i was running, then suddenly dead.
Turns out i've cought my head up on a razor fence, no helmet, 2-3 strikes in under half a second... dead.
For dealing with cheater there are anti hacking measurements.
Kill cam won't solve cheater problems on any level.
Besides kill cam is for kids and noobs anyway.
This game is a simulation, not COD or BF style FPS.
Someone shoots You from the bush 100 yards away IRL You won't know where it came from anyway, so why would that be implemented in this game?

We don't need a kill cam mate. If you get killed in real life you aren't gonna know who did it. It's hardcore. Knowing who killed you at the end is enough.

• Upvote 1

On 14/1/2018 at 10:51 AM, BrockyTM said:

We don't need a kill cam mate. If you get killed in real life you aren't gonna know who did it. It's hardcore. Knowing who killed you at the end is enough.

Not to be rude, but with that logic we shouldnt be able to see who killed us in the after action report. :D

A replay system similar to PUBG`s would be awesome, when the raid is over the file gets accesable to view. 

I dont use PUBG`s killcam but the replay system is amazing, so easy to see who is using ESP and Aimlocks folling them for a while.

Replay system opens up for some awesome cinematic footage to which would help marketing EFT a lot, watching first person views only video`s is not always that exciting.

On 1/13/2018 at 8:56 AM, Barakna said:

Alright hear me out here.

There's been quite a few instances where me or one of my friends, if not all of us, suddenly just fall to our deaths. So sound of explosions, shots or anything. Sometimes we aren't even that close to each other. Sometimes it wont say what killed us, simply that we died. Other times there'll be a name attached to our death. 

I feel like something is afoot here and we suspect hacking. A kill cam would be nice so people can verify what killed them. Could make it delayed by like, a minute, maybe more, or something so groups  of players can't abuse it.

The game is great, but suddenly dying with no indication of what killed you can be game-closingly infuriating.

Thoughts?

I recently was using a non well known sniper spot, and dropped two players in fort and fast MT's with rasass and m4's. It was done at 341 meters (maybe yards? idk the statistics page doesn't specify) with BP rounds, probs only reason it worked. Level 35 guy and level 16, you can imagine the level 35 was pissed because he knows how much I just made them lose. They both added me as a friend and accused me of hacking. I offered to show them the shadowplay and they refused just calling me a hacker again. My point is this, right now in beta there is desync and there are bugs where you will randomly fall over dead from a gunshot a scav shot at your 4 minutes ago. It happens. But in my situation, I wouldn't want people being able to see where I was sniping from, because the more I use it, the more people find out exactly what happened because of a magical kill cam. Once the game is released im sure they will open up reports, but for now there are too many things that will look like hacks to do anything productive. Those two kids for sure for the rest of their lives will think I was hacking, and if the system was in place, I'd be reported twice for hacking when I just got really lucky shots off. No to the magical kill cam, yes to waiting for release for reporting. 

No kill cam - If you're with a team it'll allow you to give away the position of the player and then your team can get them.

1 hour ago, ghostZ06 said:

naaa, ill pass...

this isnt call of duty 

"ThIs ISnt cAlL oF DuTy" thats all you hardos respond with. ITS A GAME, to be enjoyed playing, yes its a hardcore shooter but sheesh some of you are so annoying with this. Kill cams are a great idea to save the trouble of those "UNPLAYABLE" "Too many hacker" complainers. Most of anyone who is playing this game has paid for it, to test. Dont you think seeing how death occurs would be easing for the playing and assisting of the Developers? 

and Killcams dont need to be instant since thats all you guys think would happen. Use your head. A killcam should be available after a Raid ends, just like (not to bring it up because the games are different) PUBG. They allow you to review/replay your match AFTER the game has finished. Easiest way for this killcam on EFT not to be abused is to allow a killcam review after the TIMED raid ends. If i go into every game with solid gear i hope to not get one tapped or fallout because of a clipping issue, worst of them all a HACKER. With proof a player killed you fair and square there would be no complaints, with proof of hacks or clipping deaths, you could report it fairly. 

all of you one track minded people need to think killcams dont have to be instant... I enjoy this game but then you have things like clipping deaths, or one taps on full HP/ full Armor, it makes me want to uninstall and refund the game.  

This is coming from an EOD owner so i'm not talking out of my a$$.. just put some thought into it, before you go about saying "its not call of duty" because obviously not all games with guns are...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I mean yeah, I support the killcam idea, but I can understand why the devs wouldn't want to do it. Maybe add an "Environment" When you fall and die (Which is probably a glitch) and "Barbed wire" when you hit one of those.

Also maybe add how far away you got killed from, so you can tell if you got sniped or if some dude snuck up behind you.

I'd love a kill cam also see just how laggy the people its matching me with are. Because it SEEMS God awful, love the game, just saying.

Edited by oafking2
wrong "to"

I agree with detailed KIA report. Kill Cam would ruin the game or If so put it after raid when the session ended at least to prevent give away position of other PMCs. 

Killcam sounds kinda awkward for a hardcore game such as this, even if it would be quite insteresting it still doesn´t taste quite right to me.

A highly detailed AAR ? Yeeeaaaa, that would fit the bill better than a killcam would, at least in my opinion .

You know what would be hyperhilarious ? Being able to download the whole session after finishing it, like BF2 had it in those glorious yonder days, reliving all the action from any possible angle and perspective:) ... I mean Machinima´s would be basically filming themselves with a tool like that .

Stay safe,

discuss well .

• Upvote 1

Am 19.1.2018 um 15:54 schrieb GasT79:

A replay system similar to PUBG`s would be awesome, when the raid is over the file gets accesable to view. 

I dont use PUBG`s killcam but the replay system is amazing, so easy to see who is using ESP and Aimlocks folling them for a while.

Replay system opens up for some awesome cinematic footage to which would help marketing EFT a lot, watching first person views only video`s is not always that exciting.

I would like to see something like that. Just a simple replay for you to access after all players have left the raid.

However i'm not sure how that would impact the allready poor server performance.

I like those that are so against it without a real reason except this isnt this.....

What kinda exploits are you guys hiding ; )

Im against killcam but replay after raids have nothing negative or arcade about them, except maybe server performance but server performance is nothing We should be thinking about in this state of the game its Beta after all and optimization and such is a later question.

On 1/20/2018 at 11:09 PM, chavonc95 said:

"ThIs ISnt cAlL oF DuTy" thats all you hardos respond with. ITS A GAME, to be enjoyed playing, yes its a hardcore shooter but sheesh some of you are so annoying with this. Kill cams are a great idea to save the trouble of those "UNPLAYABLE" "Too many hacker" complainers. Most of anyone who is playing this game has paid for it, to test. Dont you think seeing how death occurs would be easing for the playing and assisting of the Developers? 

and Killcams dont need to be instant since thats all you guys think would happen. Use your head. A killcam should be available after a Raid ends, just like (not to bring it up because the games are different) PUBG. They allow you to review/replay your match AFTER the game has finished. Easiest way for this killcam on EFT not to be abused is to allow a killcam review after the TIMED raid ends. If i go into every game with solid gear i hope to not get one tapped or fallout because of a clipping issue, worst of them all a HACKER. With proof a player killed you fair and square there would be no complaints, with proof of hacks or clipping deaths, you could report it fairly. 

all of you one track minded people need to think killcams dont have to be instant... I enjoy this game but then you have things like clipping deaths, or one taps on full HP/ full Armor, it makes me want to uninstall and refund the game.  

This is coming from an EOD owner so i'm not talking out of my a$$.. just put some thought into it, before you go about saying "its not call of duty" because obviously not all games with guns are...

There isn't even a report feature available because the devs take care of cheaters and hackers themselves, so any proof you might have against someone no matter how valid it is, is basically useless. I feel that all a kill cam or a replay system would do is to give away all the cheeky spots to the killed players and let them have insights into information such as the enemy placer tactics, movement, equipment, etc... that they shouldn't be able to see in the first place, and worst of all learn from it. What if the player then comes back as a scav to the same round after seeing the killcam or a partial replay? That would be incredibly stupid. In any case, my opinion is that such features would be damaging the premise of the game.

Instead of asking for a kill cam maybe you should understand that you are a beta tester playing a closed beta test version of an unfinished game that is still in active development which obviously contains game breaking bugs and sometimes even cheaters or hackers which will result in your character's death and loss of your equipment. Of course it's aggravating when it happens but the solution for this problem is not to implement a kill cam or replay system so that more people are able to rightfully complain (because for all we know more people complaining about the very same thing is exactly what we need more of), but actually fixing the bugs which cause the issues to begin with and developing a better anti-cheat system, which will obviously take time.

Kill cams in squad game gives advantage to team that player died because he can tell rest of the team were the adversary is located.
I know that sudden dead is enoing when you dont know the reson why are you died.