ke1gen

Kill Cam (Hear me out)

8 hours ago, Vortex_Bear said:

There isn't even a report feature available because the devs take care of cheaters and hackers themselves, so any proof you might have against someone no matter how valid it is, is basically useless. I feel that all a kill cam or a replay system would do is to give away all the cheeky spots to the killed players and let them have insights into information such as the enemy placer tactics, movement, equipment, etc... that they shouldn't be able to see in the first place, and worst of all learn from it. What if the player then comes back as a scav to the same round after seeing the killcam or a partial replay? That would be incredibly stupid. In any case, my opinion is that such features would be damaging the premise of the game.

Instead of asking for a kill cam maybe you should understand that you are a beta tester playing a closed beta test version of an unfinished game that is still in active development which obviously contains game breaking bugs and sometimes even cheaters or hackers which will result in your character's death and loss of your equipment. Of course it's aggravating when it happens but the solution for this problem is not to implement a kill cam or replay system so that more people are able to rightfully complain (because for all we know more people complaining about the very same thing is exactly what we need more of), but actually fixing the bugs which cause the issues to begin with and developing a better anti-cheat system, which will obviously take time.

1. Clearly you didn't see that i said make a Kill cam/replay available AFTER raid ends, which means Scavs couldn't enter...

2. Kill cams in your idea are the same thing as Stream sniping, or watching and learning from players on twitch so you aren't making sense there. If it was that serious, this game wouldn't be on twitch or any other streaming services, nor even YouTube. People assist other players in tactics and learning how to play, hence there is even an offline mode just for that so players can learn where Spawn points exist, Points of interest, loot, etc.. 

3. I completely understand the game is in BETA which is why I'm not demanding anything, simply suggesting. While trying to get you hardos to understand its still a game at the end of the day no matter how realistic. You still want to attract players that are willing to play a game in which they have a fair chance. Ive put hours into this game to be able to give valid feedback on suggestions, clearly some of you aren't thinking things through..

We will see what the devs decide. Alls im sayin is some players like to see their own mistake in a game, and or know if there are bugs to report, or hackers to be banned. Simple as that. 

12 hours ago, Maki3006 said:

They are not going to add kill cams guys, all of these long drawn out posts are nothing but fluff.

How do you know? Link?

Besides, its a great tool to catch cheaters let alone watch some nice replays at the end of a match. As long as it is implemented after you die(single player and after your entire squad dies). Its could be golden.

They won't, they said it over and over again both in Q&As and in several different threads. In fact I'm surprised this thread hasn't been closed down yet.

15 hours ago, chavonc95 said:

1. Clearly you didn't see that i said make a Kill cam/replay available AFTER raid ends, which means Scavs couldn't enter...

2. Kill cams in your idea are the same thing as Stream sniping, or watching and learning from players on twitch so you aren't making sense there. If it was that serious, this game wouldn't be on twitch or any other streaming services, nor even YouTube. People assist other players in tactics and learning how to play, hence there is even an offline mode just for that so players can learn where Spawn points exist, Points of interest, loot, etc.. 

3. I completely understand the game is in BETA which is why I'm not demanding anything, simply suggesting. While trying to get you hardos to understand its still a game at the end of the day no matter how realistic. You still want to attract players that are willing to play a game in which they have a fair chance. Ive put hours into this game to be able to give valid feedback on suggestions, clearly some of you aren't thinking things through..

We will see what the devs decide. Alls im sayin is some players like to see their own mistake in a game, and or know if there are bugs to report, or hackers to be banned. Simple as that. 

1. I did see it. Think it though, your squad dies and everyone in it gets to see the kill cam or replay. Then after you close it and return to the main menu you choose to go into a raid as a scav and as it has happened several times before, players scavs join in the same game they just got killed in by chance.

2 & 3. This game is being developed with the premise of being a hardcore realistic shooter. How is it realistic to see what your enemies did after you've been killed? It isn't so it won't be in the game, as said by the devs on several accounts. I don't see how a killcam or replay system would make the game any more fair or balanced, if anything it would take away from the hardcore aspect. If you want to see your own mistakes then record yourself. As the devs have said before several times as well, they don't take any reports on cheaters and hackers, so what's the point in collecting proof when there is no report system in place by intention of the devs? Accusing people of cheating or hacking on this forum might even get you permanently blocked or banned.

You call the people here "hardos" in a demeaning way when the core basis of the game is to be a hardcore experience? Maybe your expectations for the game are just not in line with where it is heading to.

2 hours ago, Killeon said:

They won't, they said it over and over again both in Q&As and in several different threads. In fact I'm surprised this thread hasn't been closed down yet.

Exactly.

3 hours ago, Vortex_Bear said:

1. I did see it. Think it though, your squad dies and everyone in it gets to see the kill cam or replay. Then after you close it and return to the main menu you choose to go into a raid as a scav and as it has happened several times before, players scavs join in the same game they just got killed in by chance.

2 & 3. This game is being developed with the premise of being a hardcore realistic shooter. How is it realistic to see what your enemies did after you've been killed? It isn't so it won't be in the game, as said by the devs on several accounts. I don't see how a killcam or replay system would make the game any more fair or balanced, if anything it would take away from the hardcore aspect. If you want to see your own mistakes then record yourself. As the devs have said before several times as well, they don't take any reports on cheaters and hackers, so what's the point in collecting proof when there is no report system in place by intention of the devs? Accusing people of cheating or hacking on this forum might even get you permanently blocked or banned.

You call the people here "hardos" in a demeaning way when the core basis of the game is to be a hardcore experience? Maybe your expectations for the game are just not in line with where it is heading to.

Exactly.

1. You wouldn't be able to watch the kill cam until after the raid time runs out and ends. If you played the game you would know every raid is timed. when that time runs... the raid closes. how much more simple can i make it for you. You are basically saying being able to join a raid as a scav is the same thing even if you know exactly where someone killed you.. lol you can already go back to where you died "by chance" and revenge your PMC, cause thats so realistic.. What you just said is just another point to what im saying. if you cant have a kill cam then you definitely shouldnt even have a chance to enter the same raid your PMC died in as a scav..

2. like i said, i dont dislike the game, kill cams or not. Tarkov gives and takes... I understand that but its not real life, haha. Its a realistic shooter, i like where the game is going either way. ive died in annoying fashions and ive killed people im sure that made them suspicious. The game has stream snipers for goodness sake, thats a kill cam in itself.. you make this a lot more complicated than it has to be.

3. Im not accusing anyone of hacking nor would i in a public manner, because thats not how i am. I would send it to those that matter, unless it was blatant hacking. I can tell the difference at time. But that wont stop people from accusing hackers. Video could ease hackusers from spamming the forums with such content..

and hardos isnt necessarily demeaning. Give or take, if you are dedicated to something it can be "hardo", as to if you overlook something in exaggeration. Take it how you want. im not here to insult, but to discuss.

@Killeon

Latest, Q&A says "not yet" in response to Kill Cams. so that is false.

Edited by chavonc95
prevent double post.

I support Killcam AFTER the raid has ended and all affected individuals are no longer in game. Anything else would be detrimental to the game. I think that kind of killcam is a great thing, and it will also be a good tool for accountability in the event you get killed from someone that has been exploiting into a wall/floor or something of that nature.

I think killcams are a bad idea. Imagine, you're using your new suppressed RSASS with Fort and Fast MT, you've easily sunk 3k dollars or more into your loadout, and you decide you're gunna snipe some people. Tarkov is a slow game, and a 1-2 minute delay can mean you're still in the same spot. You snipe one dude, he waits his minute, then gives up your position. Say you're too smart to stay so you run. The enemy sees you because you're forced to move, and you lose upwards of 3k USD because someone thought you were cheating. Flipside, you decide to stay in cover and let them come to you. The team sets up on every escape route you have and waits you out for the duration of the raid, or they just frag you out.

I think a very simple after action report would be nice. "Killed by [PLAYER] from distance [METERS] at [TIME]" is more than enough to tell whether someone is cheating. If you spawn in on Customs and get killed from a distance of 500m when you're inside a building, someone is probably cheating. If you're on woods looting a weapon crate and you just fall over dead at a distance of 300m, you were probably sniped by the RSASS Fort dude from earlier.

That way, everyone wins and nobody's position is turned useless because someone thought they were cheating.

+1 for the kill cam.

If this is implemented correctly, only after end of match AND death of squad I don't see a downside that outweighs the positive that the game would get by finding cheaters. Not it's not PUBG, but I can guarantee that the PUBG cheaters were found much faster with the kill cam (AFTER MATCH).

The only downside I see is folks would learn from those that killed them, and sorry but that is a plus for the entire community. I don't see another downside unless you are a hacker but maybe I am missing something. I have not seen a valid reason for this not being implemented outside the match and after your team is dead, there can be no help at that point.

If this is already closed topic I really hope they re-open, the game is getting more and more people and it seems like more would like to help cut down on cheaters than those that don't want it.

Maybe a balance between the two would be to have replays,  these can be watched back, from different points of view so that you can understand where you went wrong.  I feel like kills cams are a little to "arcade" like.

2 hours ago, TAW_Fresco said:

Maybe a balance between the two would be to have replays,  these can be watched back, from different points of view so that you can understand where you went wrong.  I feel like kills cams are a little to "arcade" like.

I agree I don’t like the instant kill cam, but after match replay of the last 30 seconds or so would uncover cheaters very effectively. Just need to make sure your squad is dead first so you can’t help them

I think the killcam would have to be implemented in a way such that the dead player would have to watch it after a raid is over/all group members have died. Otherwise this would cause ghosting issues and cause even more problems.

I think you should not get a killcam. That would be a disaster for snipers and campers. We would be updated always with the latest tendencies on sniping spots. That's sort of cheating. You are revealing the position of a player. And probably he has only 2 or 3 places.

I suggest you can get an autopsy from Therapist upon paying her an amount proportional to your cash. This report would tell you how many impacts you got, where, with what kind of ammo and weapon, from what estimated distance and spot (maybe a radius of 30 meters), who killed/shooted you, etc.

Of course, having all the above information available would not be realistic, but it is not realistic either to know who killed you and we are having that right now.

Having to pay for this report will force people not to be so greedy and curious to know how they died all the time. They will go for an autopsy only when they suspect something weird was going on or just to beat the curiosity. For example, a starting player would pay a 1% of their cash. If they have 300.000 roubles, they would pay 3000.  There should also be a top amount to pay, like 50.000 roubles. And there could be different levels of detail for reports depending on the demanded information.

If free, the report would end up killing the game's surprise factor. Player would develop an unnatural awareness of hot spots for easy kills. Finding one of those spots should be done with your own effort.

Edited by mabarian

thread has not been closed yet because the mods are asleep... or the devs are into that whole constructive criticism thing and like to see discussion on topics

Personally I'm against kill cams.  Not knowing provides it's own mystery and allure to the game and makes death that much more jarring and immediate. On the flip side, I think it also serves to heighten the thrill of surviving encounters too.  The many side effects of The Unknown (tm) should not be so quickly taken for granted in how it shapes the feel and pacing of the game...

Autopsy reports  for purchase from Therapist? Possibly... Entry and exit wounds, estimated bullet trajectories, etc. 

But honestly, are players **really**  that interested in learning how they died? So much so the it warrants CSI-Tarkov development? I think not. At the end of the day, I suspect it's more likely they're just upset and want something external to rail against...

On 1/14/2018 at 3:51 AM, BrockyTM said:

We don't need a kill cam mate. If you get killed in real life you aren't gonna know who did it. It's hardcore. Knowing who killed you at the end is enough.

So with that being said then when u die in game u should loose all of ur stash, I mean ur dead, solo new character new stash

Kill cam won't happen but honestly its simple. Surprised you all haven't even thought of this.

Once the raid fully ends and all players extract and the actual timer hits zero. 

That would be the only time to review the data at the main menu and once the footage becomes availabl., thus preventing the kill cam becoming a ghost cam.

Edited by Cobearzz
  • Upvote 1

On 1/14/2018 at 10:51 AM, BrockyTM said:

We don't need a kill cam mate. If you get killed in real life you aren't gonna know who did it. It's hardcore. Knowing who killed you at the end is enough.

On real life there no cheat dude.. be real.. this cheaters are a real scourge.. We need to have a painless but real solution..

I really do not understand, why so many are against killcams. It only helps to improve your playstyle and learn from your mistakes or enemys.

If it is done in a way we cant abuse it, what reason would be against it?

I would aboslutely be interested of the last moves my enemys have done , not because i suspect hacking, but just to learn and see if it was a nice kill on me or a camper or if it was desyncing or what ever.

And guys. it is not CoD or BF is no reason. WTF is this argument lol... Thats not even a argument...

2 minutes ago, Phoenixsui said:

I really do not understand, why so many are against killcams. It only helps to improve your playstyle and learn from your mistakes or enemys.

If it is done in a way we cant abuse it, what reason would be against it?

I would aboslutely be interested of the last moves my enemys have done , not because i suspect hacking, but just to learn and see if it was a nice kill on me or a camper or if it was desyncing or what ever.

And guys. it is not CoD or BF is no reason. WTF is this argument lol... Thats not even a argument...

Some are so narrow minded that they only can visualize the instant killcam from COD and BF.

But many others are actually exploiters and cheaters that will be getting caught.

As a example I Watched a stream yesterday where a guy said he was in the same raid as streamer in chat, he kills streamer shortly after at a known glitch spot where his character also did go thru a wall on the streamers view, reckognised the name of the killer and sure enough it was one of the guys that was strongly against a replay system cause he had so unique sniper positions.

Many are terrified of losing their exploit advantages so of course they will be very vocal against a feature that will get them caught or disable the exploit for them.

vor 50 Minuten schrieb GasT79:

Some are so narrow minded that they only can visualize the instant killcam from COD and BF.

But many others are actually exploiters and cheaters that will be getting caught.

As a example I Watched a stream yesterday where a guy said he was in the same raid as streamer in chat, he kills streamer shortly after at a known glitch spot where his character also did go thru a wall on the streamers view, reckognised the name of the killer and sure enough it was one of the guys that was strongly against a replay system cause he had so unique sniper positions.

Many are terrified of losing their exploit advantages so of course they will be very vocal against a feature that will get them caught or disable the exploit for them.

;D It is what i thought as well, but i didnt want to say it.