Barakna

Kill Cam (Hear me out)

4 minutes ago, EssBee said:

You're right, I don't. You provided no proof and just coincidentally it happened as we are having this discussion.

I never lie, but sure i udnerstand if you can't see it, you do not belive. Even i am not first who see such obvious hack.

5 minutes ago, EssBee said:

I said they didn't have kill cams. Jesus.

Okay and they don't have, but they have cheaters so if you die, you never know :). We are talking about EFT right? Or i should name x games which have kill cams?

8 minutes ago, EssBee said:

but there are ways around this besides giving kill cams to EVERYONE after the raid.

I never said to give "kills cams" to everyone (According to you, those words are said by other users),  so i have no idea why you are still talking about. I said that if you died to someone you can see your death from his point of view, AFTER raid timer is ended so there is no1 on map.

Name that ways for me, how you can get info if someone was hacking if you couldn't see it, and lets say, that future anti cheat didn't catch him? Can you? I doubt it. But if they add such thing as i said, they could just check such player logs, find out why anti cheat didnt get him and improve their anti cheat, am i correct or am i correct?

I am fine without kill cam, but for sure it would help improve future anti cheat. And catching cheaters overall. 

Just found that so will quote it.

59 minutes ago, EssBee said:

EDIT: The fact that you don't want to join a discord to record a report such cheaters just shows a lack of effort to test and make this game better in general. You paid for this game to test AND play, not just play. If you put in the effort you will realize there are ways to report people, bugs and the like.

You are correct, i paid for this game to TEST and PLAY. Not for TEST, PLAY and CATCHING CHEATERS.
I reported x bugs, gave x ideas and i am helping users once i can. 

5 minutes ago, Niewiarygodny said:

I never lie, but sure i udnerstand if you can't see it, you do not belive. Even i am not first who see such obvious hack.

Okay and they don't have, but they have cheaters so if you die, you never know :). We are talking about EFT right? Or i should name x games which have kill cams?

• You can say that but again, just COINCIDENTALLY this happens within minutes of me posting. Lmfao

You also missed my point completely, this genre should NOT have kill cams. I listed games of THIS GENRE and NONE of them have this feature implemented for obvious reasons. You don't have to list games that are not related to this genre AT ALL

I never said to give "kills cams" to everyone (According to you, those words are said by other users),  so i have no idea why you are still talking about. I said that if you died to someone you can see your death from his point of view, AFTER raid timer is ended so there is no1 on map.

• That is legit giving the option for a kill cam to everyone. If I die, I can get a kill cam. If you die you can get a kill cam. If a random player dies they get a kill cam. THAT'S EVERYONE. 

Name that ways for me, how you can get info if someone was hacking if you couldn't see it, and lets say, that future anti cheat didn't catch him? Can you? I doubt it. But if they add such thing as i said, they could just check such player logs, find out why anti cheat didnt get him and improve their anti cheat, am i correct or am i correct?

• As I said, a report button with NO KILL CAM and an ADMIN REVIEW would suffice. This would net the same outcome with allowing players the option to report suspicious deaths.

I am fine without kill cam, but for sure it would help improve future anti cheat. And catching cheaters overall. 

Just found that so will quote it.

You are correct, i paid for this game to TEST and PLAY. Not for TEST, PLAY and CATCHING CHEATERS.
I reported x bugs, gave x ideas and i am helping users once i can. 

• So why is Overwatch a thing? I didn't pay for CS:GO to catch cheaters did I? It's a complete full released game and I shouldn't have to do that. Albeit I'm not required but saying that EFT needs somewhat of the same thing relates to this.

40 minutes ago, EssBee said:

That is legit giving the option for a kill cam to everyone. If I die, I can get a kill cam. If you die you can get a kill cam. If a random player dies they get a kill cam. THAT'S EVERY

Those are ppl who died, those are not everyone.

As I said, a report button with NO KILL CAM and an ADMIN REVIEW would suffice. This would net the same outcome with allowing players the option to report suspicious deaths.

And instead of having 100 reports of day, casue ppl actually could check kill cams, admin gets 3000 of them :). Since player can't tell if their death was suspicious from enemy point of view.

So why is Overwatch a thing? I didn't pay for CS:GO to catch cheaters did I?

It's an option build in game, they never said that you have to, but you can if you want. 
Well you said that i am not TESTING GAME CAUSE I AM NOT REPORTING CHEATERS. :D FUnny

Edit. #brickwall, talking about thing, you mention diffrent one, tell that i am struggling then you do not comment that, accusing me that i am not testing game, then you kinda stay quiet. I am done with walls. You got your point of view, i got mine, i think few steps ahead, you don;t so sure, think what you wanna think, but  i won't comment it any further, no point, since i am giving you arguemnts, and you stay quiet about them and loot for others :D. #peace

Edited by Niewiarygodny

32 minutes ago, Niewiarygodny said:

Those are ppl who died, those are not everyone.

And instead of having 100 reports of day, casue ppl actually could check kill cams, admin gets 3000 of them :). Since player can't tell if their death was suspicious from enemy point of view.

• There are already an absurd amount of posts about this cheater issue. There really can't be much more. You can tell if a death is fishy or not. It's like dying in other games, abnormal instances where you die.

It's an option build in game, they never said that you have to, but you can if you want. 
Well you said that i am not TESTING GAME CAUSE I AM NOT REPORTING CHEATERS. :D FUnny

• Lmfao I said I'm not required to use it. Do you read? It's part of the duty to make this game better through development, this includes reporting cheaters.

Edit. #brickwall, talking about thing, you mention diffrent one, tell that i am struggling then you do not comment that, accusing me that i am not testing game, then you kinda stay quiet. I am done with walls. You got your point of view, i got mine, i think few steps ahead, you don;t so sure, think what you wanna think, but  i won't comment it any further, no point, since i am giving you arguemnts, and you stay quiet about them and loot for others :D. #peace

• Explain how I am staying quiet? I responded to every part of your posts with bullet points. Hence why I say you're a brick wall. You completely ignore the majority of my posts and respond to parts that you want to respond to. If that's what you mean by thinking steps ahead, I.E. avoiding obvious points then go for it.
  • It's obvious English isn't your first language, you should just stop while you're not too far behind and it looks like you are. Good riddance.

Edited by EssBee

vor 12 Stunden schrieb EssBee:

I'm MGE in comp

Things change heavily past global elite, a flash bang half a second too early or too late can make the difference between win and lose, the most tiny mistake can cost you everything. Thats pretty harcore to me, I mean the community is raging when a flower pot is slightly miss planted. Thats not even harcore anymore, its madness ;P

tanking bullets from any gun in that game isn't hardcore. Nor is getting shot in the face by a pistol and not dying with a helmet protecting your HEAD only.

I dont think this has any impact on the hardcore aspect. The gameplay is what counts. Go get these 2 HS with the glock, if you cant do it you are not good enough and the game is too hardcore for you. Increasing the damage so the glock would one shot on mid distance would be a step into more casual like gameplay since it becomes easier to kill your opponent.

The comparison is a little bit unfair, since CS is about competition and only about competition, Eft is more expirience based so the games want two different things.

Addressing the kill cam though, the main gripe I have about it is that you could learn all the hiding spots of people, all the nooks and "secrets" of someone's play style.

I can very well understand that, especially since Tarkov is more expirience based and not really a competitiv shooter. But in my opinion the benefits outweight the negatives by far and I think its okey to pay that price.

You can also record cheaters and report (if they ever allowed that to be possible) on your own accord. 

Actually no. A video from the reporting players PoV is worth nothing. Most of the time you cant tell if the other guy was cheating or not unless he is flying or something like that. A demo would allow to watch the suspects PoV making it far far more easy to spot cheat. Especially since the tarkov cheats are mediocre at best in their current state. You can instantly see the lock ons, no recoil and even wh`s are pretty easy to tell. ALso traditional anti cheats have failed pretty hard, they are good for casual cheaters, but if you go and buy a respected cheat and know how to use it you can easily rack up 100-500 or even 1000 hours without getting banned on any game, doesnt matter what anti cheat they use.

Last but not least, the content creator argument nails it for me personally. Think of what people like deadlyslob or smoke could produce. The game in generall would benefit massivly.

DIT: It's a SURVIVAL game not a classic FPS, as CS:GO is. There's a difference, a big one at that. Also maybe admins having access to this only I would be completely fine with to catch cheaters. The general population? Nah nah nah.

Again, I can very well understand this point and its totally right. But I think its a fair price to pay for the benefits. Just my personal opinion, you may weight that aspect more than I do.

Edited by oldirty
editing mistake

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kill cam will come as a tape from insecure if u have it pushared from prapor - 1 day (from 24 to 36 hour) from therapist <1day (from 12 hours to 24 hours) times gets randomly you can watch movie from pmc who kills you from his eyes it could get some layout like camera gopro etc. that it was recorder in raid ;)

ur welcome BSG

as a explanation every PMC could have micro camera on his body ? who record whole raid so prapor/therapist cuts video to fit specific player xD

Edited by thesxw

I don't think we should have kill cam, but the option to spectate your team members of what they see (you can only scroll through your team mates, nothing more.

7 minutes ago, Mewter said:

I don't think we should have kill cam, but the option to spectate your team members of what they see (you can only scroll through your team mates, nothing more.

this will be disadvantage of single players  who plays solo because if 3 of 4 ppl died than you will have like stream help on discord ... it will look loke 4 ppl watching same spot (place) gives you 4 times more information if they are communicative

21 minutes ago, thesxw said:

this will be disadvantage of single players  who plays solo because if 3 of 4 ppl died than you will have like stream help on discord ... it will look loke 4 ppl watching same spot (place) gives you 4 times more information if they are communicative

Then what you're saying is that people shouldn't stream while playing because "twitch" has 1-2 second delay now and that is a big help for the streamers. allowing the spectating will help the conscious of those who are killed, you can then see through the other players eyes through a "camera feed" which a few IRL combats has these days.

Yes i agree it can be a little disadvantage of single players but that player also has the disadvantage if there's a squad running (unless he is pretty lucky) usually that player dies fast if the squad communicates well.

All in all i think spectating your team should be a thing, but you can not move the camera around yourself, it'll be like you are your teammate but he controls the movement.

10 hours ago, oldirty said:

Things change heavily past global elite, a flash bang half a second too early or too late can make the difference between win and lose, the most tiny mistake can cost you everything. Thats pretty harcore to me, I mean the community is raging when a flower pot is slightly miss planted. Thats not even harcore anymore, its madness ;P

• And that is what? Less than 5% of the population of the game? You can't base this argument on the minority when there is an overwhelming majority of players who aren't even close.

I dont think this has any impact on the hardcore aspect. The gameplay is what counts. Go get these 2 HS with the glock, if you cant do it you are not good enough and the game is too hardcore for you. Increasing the damage so the glock would one shot on mid distance would be a step into more casual like gameplay since it becomes easier to kill your opponent.

• You and me have an obvious difference of what hardcore is. 2 head shots from a Glock should KILL YOU. Also it takes like 3 with Kevlar-Helmet. That is hardcore. It allows for less room for error if you could get one tapped by a Glock in the face. I.E. More hardcore. CS:GO is competitive, not hardcore.

The comparison is a little bit unfair, since CS is about competition and only about competition, Eft is more expirience based so the games want two different things.

• I wasn't the one drawing lines to compare CS:GO and EFT. Other people were doing that so I referenced it. The point is CS:GO and EFT shouldn't be related in almost any aspects. The only thing very similar is the FPS portion of it. They are 2 different genres. Hardcore survival FPS vs competitive FPS.

I can very well understand that, especially since Tarkov is more expirience based and not really a competitiv shooter. But in my opinion the benefits outweight the negatives by far and I think its okey to pay that price.

• IMO it is a detriment to the experience of a SURVIVAL game. A big part of this game is learning by playing and adding a feature like this lessens the skill curve significantly. I brought this up in earlier posts. Does any game of this genre have a feature like this? No they don't and for good reason. They are survival games for a reason. Yes, these games aren't exempt from having cheaters but again it is a blow to the experience of the game and if Tarkov is about experience why would you want to affect this in such a way.
  • Cheaters are as well (A blow to the experience, but in a different way) but as I said, there should be a REPORT button for general players where ADMINS can review said reports as such. Anything else the anti-cheat should pick up the majority and this would pick up the stragglers. Also the anti-cheat will continue to be updated as the game progresses and I have faith. I played on a DayZ Mod server (ArmA 2) with a custom hive. I knew the owner of the server who built his own anti-cheat and we hardly had an issues with any hackers. Stragglers here and there but they were almost all banned instantly. We all know how much of a problem that was in ArmA 2 and he did a damn good job of preventing them from doing anything.

Actually no. A video from the reporting players PoV is worth nothing. Most of the time you cant tell if the other guy was cheating or not unless he is flying or something like that. A demo would allow to watch the suspects PoV making it far far more easy to spot cheat. Especially since the tarkov cheats are mediocre at best in their current state. You can instantly see the lock ons, no recoil and even wh`s are pretty easy to tell. ALso traditional anti cheats have failed pretty hard, they are good for casual cheaters, but if you go and buy a respected cheat and know how to use it you can easily rack up 100-500 or even 1000 hours without getting banned on any game, doesnt matter what anti cheat they use.

• Most of the cheater posts are about people blatantly hacking so why couldn't you record and report is the real question. I've done it before (I can show you if need be) although I agree it's not enough. I'd suggest reading my opinion on the 5th bullet point or the next one below. 

Last but not least, the content creator argument nails it for me personally. Think of what people like deadlyslob or smoke could produce. The game in generall would benefit massivly.

Again, I can very well understand this point and its totally right. But I think its a fair price to pay for the benefits. Just my personal opinion, you may weight that aspect more than I do.

• Thank you for being level headed in this, there's not enough of it around here. I do agree that what is implemented now is not enough to make a huge dent in the cheating problem but it still doesn't change the fact I don't think regular players should have access to such features. Administrators and possibly trusted individuals should be able to review anything hit by a "report" button that should be added. It'd be pretty easy to go through and ban what is necessary.
  • The experience of the game and mystique should not be ruined by added external features such as these.

Responses are in bullet points and underlined.

EDIT: We can agree to disagree no?

Edited by EssBee

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 6:31 PM, nexaddo187 said:

I think PUBG hit the nail on the head for hardcore shooters with an after action review styled kill cam.  I would love to see EFT impliment something like this.

PUBG Isn't a hardcore shooter, though. And the KillCam is the exact same as Call of Duty's KillCam. Escape from tarkov is a Realistic Hardcore Survival. There will not be kill cams in the Full Game. 

i think a kill cam is a useful tool for learning how you died, but as people have said it can be abused by people who are in squad play on discord etc. so how about rather than showing a player eye view, how about a drone or CCTV camera view of the action?

This way is prevents the "omg u chet" hailstorm for the developers, fits in with the realism side (PMCs would use drones for surveillance, CCTV cameras can be hacked) but still allows a gameplay way of analyzing your activity to see what you could improve. maybe also a "coroners report" of your body, stating what bullet type you were killed by and where (like 7.62 PS riddled with bullets or .303 AP to the face).

i think this fits a balance between a straight kill cam and having nothing to review other than the player name that killed you.

1 hour ago, airsoftmanic said:

i think a kill cam is a useful tool for learning how you died, but as people have said it can be abused by people who are in squad play on discord etc. so how about rather than showing a player eye view, how about a drone or CCTV camera view of the action?

This way is prevents the "omg u chet" hailstorm for the developers, fits in with the realism side (PMCs would use drones for surveillance, CCTV cameras can be hacked) but still allows a gameplay way of analyzing your activity to see what you could improve. maybe also a "coroners report" of your body, stating what bullet type you were killed by and where (like 7.62 PS riddled with bullets or .303 AP to the face).

i think this fits a balance between a straight kill cam and having nothing to review other than the player name that killed you.

realistically speaking you would be dead, so how would you obtain the "coroners report"

13 hours ago, Zotach said:

realistically speaking you would be dead, so how would you obtain the "coroners report"

in the same way you currently pop back into existence after you die in the raid. If you want to go full realism the game should reset your profile after every death, but this is dumb and not fun gameplay. There is a limit where the quest for "realism" with RPG elements just interferes with gameplay.

i dont think  killcam is bad idea, if it only shows the actual kill and nothing before it or after, and its only made available after the raid is completed for every player on it.

i dont really see anything negative about it