thefoodcan

Stupid quest

Every time a git the bronze pocket watch for the quest some guy with armor and a amazing m4 or decked out ak kills me. It ducking sucks becuase with the trader at level 1 i cant add scopes and make the ak better. I have spent so long on this mission tryed about 8 times now. Is there a way to cheese the quest? this change makes me wish i had a presskit or could refund the game completely ruined the game 4 me

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Tabasco said:

You’re acting like you can’t team up in this game

Indeed. The game is intended to be played in a squad.

Get a friend, or chat up via the in-game chat or unofficial discord and find some people to play with. Strongly recommended, and very enjoyable! :)

41 minutes ago, thefoodcan said:

this change makes me wish i had a presskit or could refund the game completely ruined the game 4 me

sorry to say this and no offense but press kit is not answer to your problem which probably is your gamestyle. If this mission is to hard for you than I dont know if you can handle full gear raids. Do you think fort and m4 magically make you a terminator? You die just as easy but in some times you just take few more bullets to get killed. 

My advice go hatchet go in bush lay for 30 minutes go for this watch when all map is cleared and extract. 

Edited by lizakk

lizarkk responding 2 you Laying in a bush for 30 min is how this game should not be played and when you said "mission is to hard for you than I dont know if you can handle full gear raids" Its hard because you go agents full geared people when your stuck with poo gear.

@mart1n1lol right maybe i enjoy playing solo

56 minutes ago, thefoodcan said:

Every time a git the bronze pocket watch for the quest some guy with armor and a amazing m4 or decked out ak kills me. It ducking sucks becuase with the trader at level 1 i cant add scopes and make the ak better. I have spent so long on this mission tryed about 8 times now. Is there a way to cheese the quest? this change makes me wish i had a presskit or could refund the game completely ruined the game 4 me

doing quests solo is easy, just do them nighttime.

• Like 1

Join a team ;)

Anyway, I don't like the actual quest gameplay... it is very boring to me and I think the most part of the quests are hatcheteers friendly , I hope in a more FPS component for the gameplay.

This quest is a lot harder than it used to be. The reason is that construction yard is now a hotspot with lots of pvpve. If you're unable to complete it, try waiting until near the end of the raid. Also i would suggest spawning Boiler so that you can take the RUAF exit nearby. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mart1n1 said:

i love how everyone's solution to problems is "find a friend to play with you".

What's wrong with the solution? I've completed most quests solo. What do you want us to tell him? Git gud? He's unable to finish a raid - that's his issue. The fact that he is externalizing why he cannot finish a raid tells us he isn't at the level to compensate for what the game throws at him solo - hence the advice to team.

1 hour ago, lizakk said:

... Do you think fort and m4 magically make you a terminator? You die just as easy but in some times you just take few more bullets to get killed. 

My advice go hatchet go in bush lay for 30 minutes go for this watch when all map is cleared and extract. 

Not the M4 but the fort armor and helmet, yes for sure

I did this quest on my first run with a friend and we both had low end gear. its not hard if you clear the area first, also spawning boiler would put you closer to an exit if you survive long enough to grab the watch.

2 minutes ago, Ang3vil said:

A lot of this is desync and ammo type.

5 minutes ago, Ang3vil said:

so is it a proof of what? i can link you vids of scavs with aks killing full fort also. just saying that if soeomen can not manage to do simple task he probably plays this game in wrong way and if you give him some good stuff hell just lose it not to the first scav he meet but to the second or third. 

4 minutes ago, Crispcat said:

A lot of this is desync and ammo type.

It's not desync, because their armor take damage (in the last video), and just check the topics of OPS CORE HELMET it's clearly the armor ...

Ammo type probably, but noobs don't have access to armor penetration bullets from sellers because of the level restriction. 

1 minute ago, Thorbrand said:

Has the rare key to the truck but the trader is lvl 1? And unable to get the watch out? Seems strange to me.

well in dorms in one room theres a orange jacket that always spawns 4 of thos keys so its not rare.

Edited by lizakk

Just now, lizakk said:

so is it a proof of what? i can link you vids of scavs with aks killing full fort also. just saying that if soeomen can not manage to do simple task he probably plays this game in wrong way and if you give him some good stuff hell just lose it not to the first scav he meet but to the second or third. 

Terminator is immortal ? Im not saying it's impossible to kill someone in fort ... 

1 minute ago, Ang3vil said:

Terminator is immortal ? Im not saying it's impossible to kill someone in fort ... 

look bro my point was that ofcourse fort+helmet makes your game whole lotta easier i admit. But when i hear whining like OPs and blaming it on the press kit (ive heard it thousned times) while what he cant achieve is at basic level of thinking im just getting anoyed. Not the lack of gear is a problem in here. just trying to point that out. My first fort run in this game was also thinking "now were talking lets see what you got bots" and i was down pretty quickly. 

1 hour ago, thefoodcan said:

@Doc_SavageHave you even done this quest? i thought Edge of Darkness Limited Edition already has trader rep high?

@o0Cosmo0oWish it did not effect the game as hard as it does

yes i have and yes it was very easy doing it nighttime

Just now, lizakk said:

look bro my point was that ofcourse fort+helmet makes your game whole lotta easier i admit. But when i hear whining like OPs and blaming it on the press kit (ive heard it thousned times) while what he cant achieve is at basic level of thinking im just getting anoyed. Not the lack of gear is a problem in here. just trying to point that out. My first fort run in this game was also thinking "now were talking lets see what you got bots" and i was down pretty quickly. 

He is not like us, he don't play EFT for months. He have to fight high skilled and high geared players who know where play to ambush new players.

Because of the game progression system. The game is harder for new players than it was for us ...

this game is harder for everyone who starts it, it is made to be that way! i understand that someone might get frustrated but maybe instead of going on forums and saying kind of ridiculous things one can type in google " how to do prapor quest 2" and be done with it in 30 min. 

Armor just need drawbacks. Like you should need to have comtacs if you have the helmet, or suffer reduced hearing, or reduced fov if you have face protection. And you should be more slowed if wearing armor + guns + packs, you should be louder and unable to sneak completely silent, that kind of stuff.

There needs to be enough reason to actually wear less armor or no armor other than the money and trader grind. Or its just a dumb linear progression.