Stagnant Game? My opinion on beta

darktrooper4

darktrooper4

Game feels very stagnant, its the same thing over and over and over again. i get it, its a beta and they are promising to bring more to the game but for right now and probably what it will be for release, its very boring. i try to love this game, but there's just so much about it that is just meh.
the gun play is boring, its shoot first kill first, its hard to locate where your getting shot from and shoot back. CQB is mediocre but again sweep the legs and you win. new players with no equipment go up against fully kitted out players and get murdered. its fun when the game works but i get a raid or two in and im bored.

one of the problems i see is that i have to wait 30 minutes to play as a scav and the load screens are crazy long.

so if your main character dies enough time and you run out of gear and money then your forced to wait 30 minutes to play the game as a scav to try to get more gear and items to sell. which means your probably going to get murdered and have to wait 30 more minutes to play the game.
i can hear the forum nazis now "gEt gEwD NoOb" and i would like to get good at the game but when i cant make it through a raid to gather the basics for the first quest, like fort, or a decent vest, or a rifle then your already set up to fail. im not saying make the game easy and give me hand outs, im just saying fix it so its not impossible to start out.

the loot spawns need to be random and changed up. because after you learn where the good loot is then everyone swarms that area start of the match. what fun is there in looting and searching if you already know where everything is?

like i said just my opinion, i understand the games in beta and its going to change but as it stands right now this is how my experience has been and i think ill be changing games till release just pretty bored and tired of the game in beta.

• Sad 1
RoosterBooster_

A large problem is the kill first regardless of anything. That will be fixed when the Karma system comes into play and with the karma system it will make it so you half of the kitted ppl you run into will be your own faction and will leave you be. Find a strong BEAR/USEC dude on your faction and just run with him, use the in game callouts to show your intentions and just keep your gun down towards him. I ran into 3 kitted players (other faction) yesterday on a factory run and I was just a hatchling. They let me look all the scavs and I kept only my hatchet out as a sign I wasnt gonna shoot them. We finished the raid and all extracted together.

Lots of the starting issues with the game will be fixed when the medical animations are implemented, making these tanks with AK's have some significant vulnerable time after being in a fight. 

The loot is in a good spot (obviously needs to be toned down a bit but I get we are supposed to test stuff) because you need to have those zones on the map that draw ppl to them. A set of dorm rooms WOULD be a very hot place to go due to the amount of stuff that would be left behind.

I'm a big fan of where we currently are with the knowledge of whats in the "near" future. When I run into raids I look for those small interactions with other players where you dont instantly fight to the death but instead becuase unlikely allys by just wiggling, waving, and shouting "CHEEKI BREEKI" at eachother :P (and yes I die alot to trying to make friends)

EDIT: also Im not sure about your load times, I've only ever encountered longer than a 3min que on Factory at peak times, otherwise its almost instant every time. Would be frustrating

Edited by ItsTulio
  • Like 1

well maybe do some research on the game ??? the game gonna have open world, its gonna have a story line "Escape from Tarkov" its gonna have All PVE and ALL PVP. its gonna have hideouts, "playerhousing"  so what more do you want for a FPS survival game ?  i really cant see them make anything more unless you want a garage with lootet tanks ?   You bought a BETA, with raid maps, on realease, you cant choose or pick wich raids u want. u need to "unlock" them.  i would say BETA testing here is to get all basics to work, all weapons mechanics animations.  Not give you a progressive game... plus they wipe the game at each big patch. so u have to start all over.

Yes, the learning curve is very steep for this game.  It's not like many other shooters, and the gun-play is fairly realistic from what I know.  IRL, gun fights usually are "shoot first, kill first", which is what Tarkov replicates.  

That being said, it's fairly easy for a minimally equipped player to succeed, given enough practice.  Keep playing and you'll find yourself getting better.  It might take some time to get to that point, but it's all learned skill and tactics.  Don't expect to go toe to toe with enemies.  Instead, try to outsmart them.  Stalk them for a while as you get closer, strike from an unexpected direction or when they're pre-occupied by something else.  Most of all, don't open fire initially until you're sure you can hit what you want to.  Don't forget to try and aim for the head.  Even a lowly makarov is pretty lethal if one aims for the head, even with a helmet on.  skill > gear in this game.  

As for the loot spawns, I know there's a few spots on every map that everyone knows, but there's also ones that many people ignore or bypass.  Maybe not on factory, as it's pretty small but all the other maps have plenty of places that I rarely see looted.  Especially on shoreline (not even at the spa). 

TL;DR

Guns kill, that's their job.

gear < tactics and strategy

lots of good loot spots are ignored

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, darktrooper4 said:

Game feels very stagnant, its the same thing over and over and over again.

Funny how you judge the game as "stagnant" while it's in early testing phase. You have no idea about final product.

28 minutes ago, darktrooper4 said:

the gun play is boring

Your post is boring. 

28 minutes ago, darktrooper4 said:

its shoot first kill first, its hard to locate where your getting shot from and shoot back

That's what good about it. What do you want? big radar and maybe x-ray with big arrow "there is boogey shootin' you!"?

29 minutes ago, darktrooper4 said:

new players with no equipment go up against fully kitted out players and get murdered.

Fully kitted players go up against pistol players and get murdered too. Your point? None? 

30 minutes ago, darktrooper4 said:

so if your main character dies enough time and you run out of gear and money

You mean "if I am noob that can't survive even one raid and I spend all my money buying stuff like nothing matters". Go check out EVE Online and try to whine to them about "if I loose every ship, game sucks, fix pls". They will laugh at you. Same as we here. 

Same rule applies: "whatever you [undock/go to raid] with, you lost it. Only question is when". So, if you drop below 500 000 roubles, you should start to think about saving money and maybe stop buying fully modded AKMS and try some Grach runs or VPO-136 runs. Learn to play, stop whining about "i lost all gear, game sucks". You were warned many times by the game about this.

34 minutes ago, darktrooper4 said:

your forced to wait 30 minutes to play the game as a scav to try to get more gear and items to sell. which means your probably going to get murdered and have to wait 30 more minutes to play the game.

On scav runs I have much higher survival rate than on my PMC. Wanna know why? They are MUCH easier. Yes, EASIER. If you can't get your scav to survive, then you suck. You suck and it's only your fault. 

At Customs, as Scav, you have almost entire map for yourself. Chance of you bumping into PMC by accident is low. Unless you rush around like CoD kid, and unless you shoot everything you see, you should be good to go and survive. 

But oh, I forgot. People don't want to play scav as scav. You all whiners take scavs and shoot on sight everything, run around like it's CoD. Maybe stop aggroing AI and work with it? Maybe go sneaking around? Geez, seriously, scav runs are way easier to survive and you get free gear. 

36 minutes ago, darktrooper4 said:

i can hear the forum nazis now "gEt gEwD NoOb"

I don't know what else can be said to whining salty someone who goes on forums raging "I died in this game, game sucks, fix pls". 

38 minutes ago, darktrooper4 said:

but when i cant make it through a raid to gather the basics for the first quest, like fort, or a decent vest, or a rifle then your already set up to fail

I have bigger kill rate with VPO-136 and SKS while with PACA+Kolpak than I have with AS VAL with Fort+Kiver. Mostly because when I run low gear, I have this fear from "I can die from 1 HS" and I play more sneaky and tactically, I go for headshots because I know I can't full-auto. But when I'm with Fort and full auto weapon, I subconsciously start to be more cheeki and careless. And carelessness is your biggest enemy in Tarkov.

And yes, more times I died while having Fort from someone who didn't, than I died from someone having Fort when I haven't.
Funny, but it's true. 

41 minutes ago, darktrooper4 said:

the loot spawns need to be random and changed up. because after you learn where the good loot is then everyone swarms that area start of the match. what fun is there in looting and searching if you already know where everything is?

This I agree on. And this has been raised many times, hopefully they will do some kind of randomness and dynamic loot. At least to some degree. Free Roam should help here too. 

42 minutes ago, darktrooper4 said:

like i said just my opinion, i understand the games in beta and its going to change but as it stands right now this is how my experience has been and i think ill be changing games till release just pretty bored and tired of the game in beta.

You forget that you are not supposed to be playing the game and enjoying it. As you pointed, game is in beta (or as some say - alpha). In any case, game is in testing phase. It's not finished, it's bugged, it's glitchy and sometimes unplayable. There are wipes very often and nothing you do persists. Tarkov is in no way a game you are expected to enjoy and play at this point. You are expected to test the mechanics, net code, features, maps, you are expected to find the bugs and look for issues. But not issues that you whine about, but issues with gameplay mechanics, technicals, ui and features

And from all your post the only reasonable issue you raised is static loot.

TL;DR: 
You died? Oh... I'm sorry... not. Welcome to Tarkov. 
Also, I agree on dynamic loot.
It's beta, come back on release. 

• Sad 4
  • Upvote 1
Just now, Cypherdrene said:

@Forien tough love there bud, but you speak the truth.

I'm done being artificially nice to whiners that don't even do their research. 

They also, almost always seem to disregard what game says at the very beginning. That "you will die. And you will die a lot. And every time you die, you loose everything". They forget about that, they spend all they starting money on pimped out AKMs or AK-74s, they buy expensive gear every run and they loose it.

And they they all come to the forum, always pretentiousness about how they can't survive. 

I don't know, maybe I got it easier, because of years I've spent in EVE Online that taught me to respect my in-game possessions and taught me to be smart about "only use what you can afford to loose". 

You know, there would be huge difference if he said "I suck at this game, I lost all my gear, I can't seem to survive any gunfight, can anyone help me?" instead of "game is stupid because I die and I don't have gear and I have to wait for scav, because I lost a scav because I probably aggroed an AI" ;) 

• Upvote 1
nuckingfuts
1 hour ago, darktrooper4 said:

Game feels very stagnant, its the same thing over and over and over again. i get it, its a beta and they are promising to bring more to the game but for right now and probably what it will be for release, its very boring. i try to love this game, but there's just so much about it that is just meh.
the gun play is boring, its shoot first kill first, its hard to locate where your getting shot from and shoot back. CQB is mediocre but again sweep the legs and you win. new players with no equipment go up against fully kitted out players and get murdered. its fun when the game works but i get a raid or two in and im bored.

one of the problems i see is that i have to wait 30 minutes to play as a scav and the load screens are crazy long.

so if your main character dies enough time and you run out of gear and money then your forced to wait 30 minutes to play the game as a scav to try to get more gear and items to sell. which means your probably going to get murdered and have to wait 30 more minutes to play the game.
i can hear the forum nazis now "gEt gEwD NoOb" and i would like to get good at the game but when i cant make it through a raid to gather the basics for the first quest, like fort, or a decent vest, or a rifle then your already set up to fail. im not saying make the game easy and give me hand outs, im just saying fix it so its not impossible to start out.

Im Probably one of them 'nazi's' i personally dont see how you can complain about the game being to stagnant, and repeating the same thing over and over again, and then mention indirectly its hard to start out and your probably struggling. the two combined is probably why you think that way, your probably doing the same thing.

On another note, you currently have one of the best, if not the best modifying in any fps right now, the arsenal is broad enough, The sounds are amasing, you can lean, hold it, shoot over cover, shoot around the corner holding ctrl-s, what im trying to say is, im not sure what you are comparing it to, and what you are used to.. but this gunplay is amasing. ill refrain from jumping on the 'compare bandwagen' and leave it at that im just trying to get my point across.

As far as the following quote,

"one of the problems i see is that i have to wait 30 minutes to play as a scav and the load screens are crazy long,
so if your main character dies enough time and you run out of gear and money then your forced to wait 30 minutes to play the game as a scav to try to get more gear and items to sell";

its a hardcore game, giving you the chance to gain something while having nothing, would you rather have nothing running in with a hatchet trying to get back in there? that'll take you hours on end to be at a comfortable spot where you dont need to anymore, plus the timer is there so it doesnt get abused if that wasn't obvious.

And certainly not least, The items are randomized and if it is not such as weaponspawns, its in a general area/point of intrest to motivate players to fight for them. ( which arent always there, or have something shitty. )

Now your entitled on your own opinion and getting it across just like im doing now, but it does start to grind my gears a little and turn a bit defensive when people complain about isseus thats mostly found by themselves, and not a fault of game design and justifying it by ending off with "i know its beta, surely it will change" or something along those lines, the reason for that is because personally whenever i check a game out im one to go to the forums to get actual feedback from the people playing before i start playing, by reading threads, and if i had to go off threads alone in this game in the past couple of days, i would never had this great experience.

Make the game more enjoyable urself, challenge urself, use diffrent routes, instead of going in running take it slow, or if your used to taking it slow and avoiding contact... look it up!, Try diffrent weapons, scopes.. heck put them off and go with iron sights and try hitting longer shots, get out earlier without waiting for new scav/player spawns to cut off a part of the timer that would otherwise be a bit monotonous and queue up for a new one..i can keep going those are just some off the top of my head.. and if it really gets boring..your probably dumping to many hours into game thats been the norm for most gamers, and get burned out a bit.

All i see currently is a guy without a heard voice looking for an audience to listen hes having a rough time, comon bruh.

R

Edited by nuckingfuts
  • Upvote 1
Cypherdrene
48 minutes ago, Forien said:

I'm done being artificially nice to whiners that don't even do their research. 

They also, almost always seem to disregard what game says at the very beginning. That "you will die. And you will die a lot. And every time you die, you loose everything". They forget about that, they spend all they starting money on pimped out AKMs or AK-74s, they buy expensive gear every run and they loose it.

And they they all come to the forum, always pretentiousness about how they can't survive. 

I don't know, maybe I got it easier, because of years I've spent in EVE Online that taught me to respect my in-game possessions and taught me to be smart about "only use what you can afford to loose". 

You know, there would be huge difference if he said "I suck at this game, I lost all my gear, I can't seem to survive any gunfight, can anyone help me?" instead of "game is stupid because I die and I don't have gear and I have to wait for scav, because I lost a scav because I probably aggroed an AI" ;) 

And you are right in doing so, there's one too many special snowflakes on a game that is meant to be brutal and will get even more right before release.

I've been playing roguelike games for years now (Darkest Dungeon, FTL, Rogue Legacy, etc), the fear of loss is hard but it is such a sweet fruit when everything goes your way and even more when you know how to be efficient.

• Upvote 1
KastorKrieg

Damn, people are salty about a game that's missing about 3/4ths of its content.

I honestly suck donkey balls in this game. I get instantly wiped by Scavs, not to mention the kitted players. I never go Factory because it scares the living lights out of me.

My style is "I wasn't even there, dude, lol", as I prefer running as a Scav or poorly kitted PMC, I never kill other Scavs when I'm one, just because there's less of a chance of being detected. I only need to care about actual players / player Scavs. I share guns and loot with hatchlings / other new players. I try my best at the whole "Sherpa" thing, the last party I led walked away with a sniper rifle, PSO 4x scope and some cheeky tricks for getting into locked rooms without a key.

And I absolutely LOVE this game. I love sneaking about Dorms or the Resort. I love that I've managed to get into places before everyone else, sat tight in a dark corner, allowed late arrivals to butcher each other for 10+ minutes and then went about looting, going through rooms and sodding off on my merry way before more arrived. I pride myself on being able to extract from Shoreline 9 times out of 10 and most of those times without seeing or firing at a single soul. I love the maps the Community makes and love figuring out where these are inaccurate and what new extraction points are available this patch. 

There's ample space for different playstyles in EFT and you just need find yours. I'm an explorer, I'm a stalker, I'm a fixer. I play the cowards game and I'm the last one to walk away or the first one to bug out at the sound of trouble.

And you know what? It's FUN.

• Upvote 3
zpwarrior
3 hours ago, darktrooper4 said:

I like how the people that come to forum to complain always like to take a jab at the forumers in their post before anyone has responded to their little rant. BTW if you can't handle how hard this game is right now, I wouldn't bother coming back on release, it's going to get harder.

Corvidae_DK

It can be quite the shock to encounter a game where you have to play a lot to get good at it...

And comparing it to EVE is very fitting, there's a general rule in that game: "Don't fly what you can't afford to lose" and the same goes for Escape from Tarkov.

And yeah, the game is short on content, strange thing for a game in beta huh?

Unbelievable how naive this community has become.

A guy comes in and posts his impressions with the game so the devs may or may not take it as feedback to improve the game before it is too late and all the people do here is get butthurt because somebody doesn't like their beloved broken game in the current state and they start blaming the games' problems on his skill instead. The spawn system sucks and makes the game repetitive? Must be because he is a bad player...

The game has countless of technical and conceptual problems right now, that is a fact. Yet somehow certain people still find the nerves to bring up a bright future for the game without anybody pointing those problems out. Oh I guess all the issues will magically disappear despite plaguing the game for months. And all the upcoming features will be free of issues... I am sure an "Open World" will run just fine even though the engine cannot even handle the bigger maps without hitting memory and CPU load limits... Sure!

Ultimately a naive community will get the game it deserves. NMS and DayZ are sending their regards.

6 hours ago, darktrooper4 said:

[...]

EfT seems to be running into the same issue as Warframe, where after gathering your preferred loot it becomes very stale and boring. There doesn't seem to be much of a point to join a raid once you made a few successful runs and have little to get but a lot to lose. The static spawns of players and NPCs make every run feel similar and aside from just killing other players there isn't anything else to do. For a competitive game where players would strive for a higher rank killing each other would be more than enough, but EfT raids are not competitive and will never be, so I feel like the raids need to get changed up quite a bit. As a starter the spawns and exits should get reworked so you don't always follow a similar route, the NPCs should roam around and not sit on static locations and there should be more interesting/interactive missions for very rare collectible loot - for example a trader gives a mission to all players to find a certain rare item in factory and until they find that item they get into separate factory lobbies where there is such an item hidden somewhere and the players are fighting for it.

As for the gunplay I disagree, I think it is well made and it is fun to shoot guns. However I do feel like the great modification system is pretty much worthless in a game where you can just lose your gun after spending hours of optimizing and personalizing it. In a game where you keep your gun and can pretty much build your personal preferred weapon it would make a lot more sense. Its one of the many things that doesnt seem to be thought through and make the game look more like a tech demo than an actual game.

Edited by Satah
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, Satah said:

Unbelievable how naive this community has become.

A guy comes in and posts his impressions with the game so the devs may or may not take it as feedback to improve the game before it is too late and all the people do here is get butthurt because somebody doesn't like their beloved broken game in the current state and they start blaming the games' problems on his skill instead. The spawn system sucks and makes the game repetitive? Must be because he is a bad player...

The game has countless of technical and conceptual problems right now, that is a fact. Yet somehow certain people still find the nerves to bring up a bright future for the game without anybody pointing those problems out. Oh I guess all the issues will magically disappear despite plaguing the game for months. And all the upcoming features will be free of issues... I am sure an "Open World" will run just fine even though the engine cannot even handle the bigger maps without hitting memory and CPU load limits... Sure!

Ultimately a naive community will get the game it deserves. NMS and DayZ are sending their regards.

EfT seems to be running into the same issue as Warframe, where after gathering your preferred loot it becomes very stale and boring. There doesn't seem to be much of a point to join a raid once you made a few successful runs and have little to get but a lot to lose. The static spawns of players and NPCs make every run feel similar and aside from just killing other players there isn't anything else to do. For a competitive game where players would strive for a higher rank killing each other would be more than enough, but EfT raids are not competitive and will never be, so I feel like the raids need to get changed up quite a bit. As a starter the spawns and exits should get reworked so you don't always follow a similar route, the NPCs should roam around and not sit on static locations and there should be more interesting/interactive missions for very rare collectible loot - for example a trader gives a mission to all players to find a certain rare item in factory and until they find that item they get into separate factory lobbies where there is such an item hidden somewhere and the players are fighting for it.

As for the gunplay I disagree, I think it is well made and it is fun to shoot guns. However I do feel like the great modification system is pretty much worthless in a game where you can just lose your gun after spending hours of optimizing and personalizing it. In a game where you keep your gun and can pretty much build your personal preferred weapon it would make a lot more sense. Its one of the many things that doesnt seem to be thought through and make the game look more like a tech demo than an actual game.

well said. I have been out spoken about certain things here but this hits the nail on the head about the community so far. Game needs more avenues of play, they may not be there now but they will need to add it or else the game just won't grow. Again the game can be hard, but it can only be hard enough to keep people playing and keep people coming. If it becomes too narrow in scope to keep it artificially difficult, it is going to be a very hard sell for most players. they will either purchase it, get burnt out quickly and leave or they won't come at all.

Right now I really feel they should remove the word "Beta" from the game and go back to EA or Alpha or something as it is NOT in a state to be called a beta right now. Beta should be close to a release but this isn't even close.

Edited by bigbacon
  • Like 1
  • Hot 1
TheColdVein

#Locked. Reason: Please research the game, and you will find out the scope and vision. A test is for testing and is not always meant to have every bit of content in it. If you say that you know it's in a beta, then to demand more than that would not make sense. As far as your complaint about wait times, Scav mode is not the main mode and 30 min cooldown is to prevent abuse.  Please don't make posts to rant or complain just because you can't make it through a raid solo. This is a team game. Russia2028 will be a single player game.

ct2018

• Like 1
  • Sad 1