Sign in to follow this  
bigbacon

group vs solo idea.

so with all the talk of the game eventually supposed to be a group oriented game and punishing for solos what about this unless its already going to be this way. This is PMCs not Scav.

each map has 3 sides now, scav, bear, usec and right now each map instance has X number of human players. 

What if each instance worked like this, lets say for example Shoreline has 12 human PMCs, its split 6 bear and 6 usec. If you are in a group, it will try to place X groups per side to fill up the 6. A solo might get dumped in if it can't evenly make some groups to fill up 6. So say USEC could have 2 groups of 3 and Bear ends up a group of 2, a group of 3, and a solo. 

People who drop in solo would end up in a solo instance and be one of 6 on their respective side assuming they don't end up in the above.

Many people aren't going to want to play in groups, most games, even team oriented ones, people play as solo most of the time.

Again, more avenues for more types of players to enjoy your game. Other games do this, MWO comes to mind. The group queue is separate from the solo queue. Pretty sure if solos just get brutalized by groups there will be a big exodus of players. 

Scav just work as they do now.

The game works pretty well right now. If you can solve the desyncs and server drops, it really would be in a good place. The loot system works well right now. It is HARD but just hard enough to not be super annoying or frustrating (when the game isn't fighting you)

Edited by bigbacon

I feel sorry for you. Everyone is gonna say you're bad and this game is made for hardcore.

Anyway I want this exact thing. Doesn't matter if they want it to be a group game, not everyone wants or has friends to play with. Making solos have a harder time will just make them lose players.

I think what concerns squad there should be system of rewards and penalizations. For etc. player playing solo would get 100% exp boost on a top of its own if he would survived and extracted and also financially reward I really don´t know how big maybe something like with dog tags that every player that he would kill he would be financially rewarded and it would also depended on level of player he killed and he would get on a top of that price + 100% rubles. And a players playing with squad 2 would get whole bonus just 50 %. Squads of 3 players would not get bonus at all ... and Bigger squads would get - % rewards ... I think that would be really balanced and you would not saw those small dicks players in factory mostly when they go 4 squad full gear ... Playing with friends in squad should be recommended but not the only way how to be in profit because right now playing in squad 2 or 3 is the most profitable and when I stopped to play like that and start playing solo the game started to be real hardcore because killing 4 or 3 full gear squad needs a skill and people should be rewarded for something that ,,hereoic´´ with more then their loot... Also they could add some nice achievements and rewards quest like squad wiped badges and poo like that in statistic of a player. And bigbacon check out my loot thread on my profile and I think there is a way how to do loot more enjoyable :)