Sign in to follow this  
SniperInTheMist

Persistent Health Future Problems

So everyone is always hearing about in the future, health will be persistent and in which I find this concept won't work for a variety of reasons. 1. It would take 2-3 IFAKS just to heal yourself once which is around $150 dollars =15000 roubles or so. This would be horrid for new players that don't have the money for this. Also being able to buy IFAKS or some new medical supply would have to be implemented for level 1 players. I also believe if there was a POLL taken by the community that persistent health would be voted in favor of NOT having it. People don't want to have to heal themselves every time they die in a game, in certain maps waiting for 15 minutes to get into a factory match is already a pain. Just to get put in a few critical seconds or in some instances minutes late and get tapped within 4 seconds of being able to move. Having persistent Health would only be a good thing for the very wealthy and higher up players that grind 24/7 the casual player would be taking it up the backside. It would severely hurt the community balance and would probably end with a lot of players quitting, all that would be left are the ones that grind and the few hatchlings that waddle around half dead because they can't continue to afford medical supplies. If this is added severe consideration would defiantly be needed before implementation. Along with several other bugs, matching times glitched AI, server-side connection and more needs to be fixed almost completely. I can not express enough on how many times I have died due to AI that doesn't move and cant be killed just for them to shoot silent invisible bullets at me and I can not fight back. It would also ruin a lot of peoples playstyle, in which they go in with pistols or AK74 with a couple mags and try to be aggressive, making this to expensive would make a lot of people the camping type in which yes is ok in EFT. BUT, you will find if EVERYONE is camping the game will get nostalgic and whoever can camp the longest will win. Very, very few would want to play a game where no one moves and as soon as you do you get shot. There is a fine line in milsim/hardcore games where people must realize it will never be exactly like real life because being that it IS a game, and if to be a SUCCESSFUL one it cannot make half its player base want to quit by adding something that will only hurt the poor/inexperienced. The game is doing VERY well as how it is now and for the people that complain should just accept it. They complain BUT they play countless hours on the game, of course, tweaks could be made but a major change like what is being talked about without careful calculations could destroy this game faster than it grew tenfold.

Also before someone comments that I must be a noob etc to write all this I would actually classify myself as a grinder/richer player, as well as I play far more than the casual player and have the maps memorized to a T.

100% agree. they can make the game hard but making it silly hard is just asking for pain. They should want to keep as many players as possible and add more players and keep them here. Making it so narrow is just asking for players to leave and keep new players at bay hoping something will change.

the game is in a good spot right now I think as to how things work,the balance between realism and not, difficultly and not.

6 minutes ago, SniperInTheMist said:

So everyone is always hearing about in the future, health will be persistent and in which I find this concept won't work for a variety of reasons. 1. It would take 2-3 IFAKS just to heal yourself once which is around $150 dollars =15000 roubles or so. This would be horrid for new players that don't have the money for this. Also being able to buy IFAKS or some new medical supply would have to be implemented for level 1 players. I also believe if there was a POLL taken by the community that persistent health would be voted in favor of NOT having it. People don't want to have to heal themselves every time they die in a game, in certain maps waiting for 15 minutes to get into a factory match is already a pain. Just to get put in a few critical seconds or in some instances minutes late and get tapped within 4 seconds of being able to move. Having persistent Health would only be a good thing for the very wealthy and higher up players that grind 24/7 the casual player would be taking it up the backside. It would severely hurt the community balance and would probably end with a lot of players quitting, all that would be left are the ones that grind and the few hatchlings that waddle around half dead because they can't continue to afford medical supplies. If this is added severe consideration would defiantly be needed before implementation. Along with several other bugs, matching times glitched AI, server-side connection and more needs to be fixed almost completely. I can not express enough on how many times I have died due to AI that doesn't move and cant be killed just for them to shoot silent invisible bullets at me and I can not fight back. It would also ruin a lot of peoples playstyle, in which they go in with pistols or AK74 with a couple mags and try to be aggressive, making this to expensive would make a lot of people the camping type in which yes is ok in EFT. BUT, you will find if EVERYONE is camping the game will get nostalgic and whoever can camp the longest will win. Very, very few would want to play a game where no one moves and as soon as you do you get shot. There is a fine line in milsim/hardcore games where people must realize it will never be exactly like real life because being that it IS a game, and if to be a SUCCESSFUL one it cannot make half its player base want to quit by adding something that will only hurt the poor/inexperienced. The game is doing VERY well as how it is now and for the people that complain should just accept it. They complain BUT they play countless hours on the game, of course, tweaks could be made but a major change like what is being talked about without careful calculations could destroy this game faster than it grew tenfold.

Also before someone comments that I must be a noob etc to write all this I would actually classify myself as a grinder/richer player, as well as I play far more than the casual player and have the maps memorized to a T.

how can you talk about a feature that is not yet implemented?

- The mechanics of persistent health is not implemented and we have NO idea how it's gonna be... where did you pull 2-3 IFAKS to health? ... seriously?

- EVERYTHING you see at the moment is either a placeholder or will be changed in any way or form.

Ps: Don't drink and forum.

- this is a test build NOT representative of the final game.

Just now, itsaboutime said:

how can you talk about a feature that is not yet implemented?

- The mechanics of persistent health is not implemented and we have NO idea how it's gonna be... where did you pull 2-3 IFAKS to health? ... seriously?

- EVERYTHING you see at the moment is either a placeholder or will be changed in any way or form.

Ps: Don't drink and forum.

- this is a test build NOT representative of the final game.

If you use this thing called numbers and know how much IFAK's heal and how much the body takes you will see it takes right at 2 and thats assuming both are brand new. 

I said multiple times if you actually read, that multiple things would need to be drastically changed to make this possible. Also have to bring in a way to heal destroyed body parts as well being so far there is no way possible. The point was unless a massive change is made it will severely hurt the smaller players and would divide the community and I went to talk about how it would affect it. 

Anyone that has actually played in video games and has at least some experience with watching games rise and fall will tell you that massive change is the way to make or break a game. I personally love the game and so do so many people that make the game almost unplayable with the current amount of servers available. Don't ruin something great was the point. Its probably do-able but point was to warn people that this could easily destroy the game.

Also, I do not drink, saying so was immature and childish.

30 minutes ago, SniperInTheMist said:

If you use this thing called numbers and know how much IFAK's heal and how much the body takes you will see it takes right at 2 and thats assuming both are brand new. 

I said multiple times if you actually read, that multiple things would need to be drastically changed to make this possible. Also have to bring in a way to heal destroyed body parts as well being so far there is no way possible. The point was unless a massive change is made it will severely hurt the smaller players and would divide the community and I went to talk about how it would affect it. 

Anyone that has actually played in video games and has at least some experience with watching games rise and fall will tell you that massive change is the way to make or break a game. I personally love the game and so do so many people that make the game almost unplayable with the current amount of servers available. Don't ruin something great was the point. Its probably do-able but point was to warn people that this could easily destroy the game.

Also, I do not drink, saying so was immature and childish.

and how much ifaks would you need to health a dead limb?... see where i'm going?

the mechanics behind persistent health is not even disclosed yet. Maybe you will need item like saline or pay a surgeon to 'fix you up' out of raid in the hideout. it might be a new skill, a new trader who knows! 

The economy, loot table , item is all subjet to change! you can't speculate how much it's gonna cost to fix you up once persistent health is implented.

the game will (according to the devs) will changes alot. (and i hope it will) 

there's amazing potential on EFT, but atm it's a test build. EVERYTHING you see will/can change. You need to sitback , enjoy what we have and let the dev get where they want EFT to be.

PS: don't take everything so seriously man, no need to be mean!

I think the health system will be at least somewhat related to making water and even more so food useful, and it's probably gonna be long term, for food especially. There is a mention in scav selection that playing as one you will randomly get good or bad health.

However, there is valid concern, the game already has a risk vs reward problem that pushes many players to cut gear budgets, sometimes down to the hatchet, due to the sheer risk of loner play (doubly so newbie loner).

The medical system will increase risk, and the mentoned loot decrease will reduce rewards, so it does seem things will gets worse unless some other major changes in the good direction made - the loot is plenty enough so it can a bit of a nerf; one cabinet will often get you a nice sum if you can fully loot it and evac afterwards, if you are lucky even a 2x2 container filled with best pieces from it is a nice sum.  The high gear loss risk combined with low raid survival chances for loners is the big problem here IMHO. Nevermind that if you are meant to sneak around, loot with no one around, and sneak away, all you need is a backpack and maybye a couple cheap meds, not an expensive gun and other gear to lose when ambushed looting or running with loot, either way you lose the loot and long term health and the expensive investment without getting much protection from the lots investment in gear.

• Like 1