Sign in to follow this  
TigerKnee

DONT Reduce the loot

So ive been playing this game for awhile now and ive noticed that the loot has been reduce to the point of not even looting anything anymore and just getting ur loot from geared players which i have no problem doing but i like looting things but it seem that theres no point anymore also side note if u reduced the loot you will see more hatchlings running around im interested on whats ur guys opinion on this topic

Dayz Standalone was ruined when the devs thought that making loot impossible to find would make the game fun to play. i believe there is a fine line of when the amount of loot changes from fun, to challenging, and to unplayable. I haven't noticed a change in loot over the patches and I love looting boxes. But you do have to remember that this is a fallen city, there is going to be a bunch of useless stuff laying around like there is now; On woods and shoreline there are locked rooms that can contain Royal level loot that can help players also.

7 minutes ago, Vergona said:

Dayz Standalone was ruined when the devs thought that making loot impossible to find would make the game fun to play. i believe there is a fine line of when the amount of loot changes from fun, to challenging, and to unplayable. I haven't noticed a change in loot over the patches and I love looting boxes. But you do have to remember that this is a fallen city, there is going to be a bunch of useless stuff laying around like there is now; On woods and shoreline there are locked rooms that can contain Royal level loot that can help players also.

yea i know what you mean i just done want this game to turn into dayz like you said lol

I agree I've seen a slight decrease in loot but not in a bad way. Because sometimes in a crate I would either get 1 or 2 items and in other crates I'll get loads of items. I think they went from having a medium amount of items every time to a more dynamic loot system where it's more random in the amount you find. I could loot the same room in the resort 10 times over and get a completely different set/amount of loot each time. I could open a shotgun locker and find 3 shotguns while other times i find none. It's all a matter of luck.

49 minutes ago, Wulffsonn said:

I agree I've seen a slight decrease in loot but not in a bad way. Because sometimes in a crate I would either get 1 or 2 items and in other crates I'll get loads of items. I think they went from having a medium amount of items every time to a more dynamic loot system where it's more random in the amount you find. I could loot the same room in the resort 10 times over and get a completely different set/amount of loot each time. I could open a shotgun locker and find 3 shotguns while other times i find none. It's all a matter of luck.

yea i know it just sucks when you open a military crate and just find one ak74u dust cover in there :S

The loot has not been decreased.

Let it be very clear that this isn't a reduction of loot, it's actually a part of some of the new skills that have been introduced, such skills as perception and such directly affect your ability to "find" things whilst searching in crates. It is now a chance game. You may search and find a dust cover, the next guy may search and find the whole gun instead.

The chance of such is entirely dependant upon your skill levels, and skill retention with metabolism, etc. etc. This ensure a constantly changing game experience where you have to train and eventually nurture your character. This will eventually stop people running in willy nilly with hatchets, because their damaged, under-trained character will find minimal loot. Whilst others that actually loot properly, train up, and take care of their PMC will find better gear.

• Confused 2

9 minutes ago, LordVIP3R said:

Let it be very clear that this isn't a reduction of loot, it's actually a part of some of the new skills that have been introduced, such skills as perception and such directly affect your ability to "find" things whilst searching in crates. It is now a chance game. You may search and find a dust cover, the next guy may search and find the whole gun instead.

The chance of such is entirely dependant upon your skill levels, and skill retention with metabolism, etc. etc. This ensure a constantly changing game experience where you have to train and eventually nurture your character. This will eventually stop people running in willy nilly with hatchets, because their damaged, under-trained character will find minimal loot. Whilst others that actually loot properly, train up, and take care of their PMC will find better gear.

If it’s not reduced loot how come when I loot some drawers I find nothing. 

21 minutes ago, LordVIP3R said:

in a recent q&a a dev said there will be a reduction in loot so even if its in the game now or not it will be implemented sooner than later and i think it will be a mistake on their part

Q) There is too much loot on the maps right now, especially weapons, will there be cuts on that? Money and loot come too easy now.

A) Yes, amount of loot will be reduced.

• Upvote 1