Ocztir

downloaded file checksum does not match

Just bought this game and was downloading it, right before the game was finished downloading I got a error message saying "downloaded file checksum does not match" and nothing else. I've tried to google this and couldn't seem to find anything helpful. I just want to play the game. Here is a screen shot of the error message. Can someone please help me out?

3d424858a9f0dcb217b41dc2a2de235e.png

My younger brother had this issue as well. He submitted a support ticket to BSG but didn't get any help.
Later, on his own, he did a checkdisk, when that was done the installer went through (where it hadn't gone through for like 15 tries in a row).

sfc /scannow, completely uninstalling the game and clearing out registry didn't help him either when trying different things.

Been fighting with this issue since I purchased the game last year... I've tried everything... Driver Updates, clearing registry, complete un-install/re-install, Firewall on/off/uninstall, source file downloads... If its been discussed as a "Fix", I've tried it... with no success....

I've opened tickets with support and contacted the Tarkov team... they don't seem to have a solid fix for this issue...

ONLY way I've been able to play is by downloading the source file on a different computer (the wifes 2009 netflix machine), copying to portable HDD/Flashdrive, move over to my computer and direct the BSG launcher to file location....

mind you, this had to be done EVERY SINGLE TIME THE GAME UPDATES... as even the updater run through the BSG launcher seems broken.

Edited by DMDierdorf

Yo guys found out something that worked for me was installing the game on my ssd instead of my hdd make sure you have both the launcher and the game on the same. Hope this helps!

Ok, so I somehow got past that issue and now I'm getting this error instead; "Could not load file or assembly 'ragnar.dll' or one of its dependencies. is not a valid Win32 application. (exception from HRESULTLT: 0x800700C1"

I don't know if this will help any of you but I got my Escape from Tarkov working (and another game no one knew what was wrong with) by simply updating my windows OS software. I have windows 8.1 and hadn't updated since 2016. Hope this works, good luck to you all!

This is so stupid. Its been months and still no fix for it? Clearly numerous people have been prevented from playing the game they paid for because of this and they do nothing to fix it. I bought the game months ago and got the error, got a whole new computer recently, and i'm still getting an error. I'm done with this game, I gave it numerous chances and it still fails me.

i have a solution for this problem but im spanish and i dont speak english very well.

When you download the game an the error succes....dont touch any button in the launcher,

go to the bsg directory and in the temporaly files download copi the files of the download game and put in any other folder.

Now whith 7zip extract this files in the escape from tarkov directory and in the launcher select 

in the launcher select the options to select the old files instaled.

the launcher start the verications files and download some many corrupted files,but the metod wok finally.

Sorry for my bad english.

• Thanks 1

A buddy of mine had this same issue, and Clio16maxi's post was the fix needed!

Just in case anyone had trouble understanding it, I will try and make it a little more clear.

After downloading the game and the error appears, "Downloaded file checksum does not match", don't press anything on the launcher, just minimize it and open file explorer and navigate to the launchers directory, default is "C:\BsgLauncher"

In there, open the Temp folder, and there will be another folder titled "p2p" and then a file starting with "EFT". For this next step you will need an archive program like 7zip or Winrar. 

Right click the file and select "open with" then select "more apps" and then at the bottom select "look for another app on this PC". Navigate to your archive program (7zip, WinRAR, Etc) and select the programs executable. This will open the file in the archive program and show you the contents.

Next you need to select all of the files and folders in the archive, and drag them into your EFT directory, default is "C:\EFT". errors might pop up during this process, that is okay just ignore them and let it finish.

Once the transfer is done, go back to the launcher and click ok on the error. Then above the install button, click "Select existing game location"

Select your EFT install directory where we extracted the files to from the archive. Click the EFT folder and click select. The launcher will check the files and then will declare they need to repair, click repair and you should be good to go!

• Thanks 1

What you have to do is disable antivirus' and download it, and then you have to go to properties and open properties, go to security, and give it full control. You have to do that for the battlestate games folder and for the launcher (program launcher). Then you should be able to install Escape From Tarkov without a problem. 

On 4/2/2018 at 9:26 AM, Night_Havoc said:

What you have to do is disable antivirus' and download it, and then you have to go to properties and open properties, go to security, and give it full control. You have to do that for the battlestate games folder and for the launcher (program launcher). Then you should be able to install Escape From Tarkov without a problem. 

so when you say you disabled your antivirus did you turn off firewall and that was it?

So I bought the game just yesterday Standard one im running windows 10 and a 1060 and im getting "downloaded file checksum does not match" any way to fix this in 2018?

Hello Guys,

My friend had the same issue. My Installation did not show this error. We were able to fix when I uploaded my game and launcher to Google Drive an he downloaded it.

I can't tell about updates now, so I don't know if I have to upload it every patch again.

I'm sorry for my broken English.

Hope this helps you!

• Thanks 1