Ocztir

downloaded file checksum does not match

I *think* I've just got mine to work (its got further than it has previously having made it to the "unpacking game files" stage rather than crashing out at the "finished downloading but can't install because we checked the checksum and you lack enough checks for your sum" part).

I simply ran the installer/updated as an administrator (right click > Run as Administrator).

Man, this sucks. I spent 3+ hours "installing" only to get this error.

I suspect it is the admin privileges (right click the desktop icon > Run as Administrator), just like @Barker326 mentioned. If I don't post again on this issue, consider that a possible fix.

If you see a post, it's more than 3 hours later from my writing this and it didn't work :).

Edited by BluntedJ

Am 28.4.2018 um 17:13 schrieb Oxidee:

So I bought the game just yesterday Standard one im running windows 10 and a 1060 and im getting "downloaded file checksum does not match" any way to fix this in 2018?

Same here. Cant get the game running.

To all who are suffering from this problem after just buying the game. how does it make you feel to know that this stupid poo is still happening years after release of the beta? i have found post going back way longer than this thread does. havent even played the game yet and already have a bad taste in my mouth about this company.

since support for this problem seems to be useless i had to dig for 5 hours but finally found this and it resolved my issue. sorry to all who bought the game recently like me and are having to either wait on these slow fucks to figure something out or are waiting for a support ticket to be answered. might as well go ahead and forget the support ticket as they have nothing to tell you. GL and hope this helps alot of people

I got into the temp folder of the bsglauncher and simply deleted the old version there, and it stopped the error from happening (for me).

i'm trying downloading it directly from the browser and it stucks. are you serious guys? you can't provide an answer? a solution? after months!

servers.JPG

To fix this issue follow these steps,

1. Create a folder on your desktop - label with name you want

2. When Installing the game choose this new folder to be the destination of download

3. Issue should be fixed, the problem for this error lies in where the game is trying to be downloaded to.

• Upvote 1