Cardboard231

Filter Traders For compatible attachments

Searching for a item in trades is something that i would think and many others would just assume will be added down the line but what about filtering for attachments for weapons like right clicking on the weapon from your inventory and clicking "filter attachments" or something like that. Unlike you guys not all of us are weapon experts.

PS. I thought of this while having a broken computer so I haven't played in a while and won't be able to for at-least 3 more weeks.>:(

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Cardboard231 said:

Searching for a item in trades is something that i would think and many others would just assume will be added down the line but what about filtering for attachments for weapons like right clicking on the weapon from your inventory and clicking "filter attachments" or something like that. Unlike you guys not all of us are weapon experts.

PS. I thought of this while having a broken computer so I haven't played in a while and won't be able to for at-least 3 more weeks.>:(

this is well needed

I love this idea.  I have even suggested similar myself.  

While in trader right click a weapon in your inventory or on the trader.  Select Modify.

Show all available mods in your inventory and on that trader.  Highlight your stuff in green.  Highlight trader stuff in Yellow.

Keep a running total of what all mods cost.  When finished have a Buy and Equip button.  It can then send it directly to your inventory or "mail" it to you with say a 15 minute timer.  I say 15 minutes so players do not use the mail as an extra storage container.  15 minutes just in case they have a small internet connection issue they still have time to come back and get it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GhostZ69 said:

15 minutes just in case they have a small internet connection issue they still have time to come back and get it.

I love your expansion on our idea tho 15 minutes seems kind of rough maybe there's a different way to stop people from using it as a second storage.

I may not have spoken clearly.  I meant it is mailed to you immediately.  You have 15 minutes MAX to retrieve it.  So you can buy it, go to mail and get it, or you can wait up to 15 minutes.

Edited by GhostZ69

1 minute ago, Cardboard231 said:

I don't understand do you mean as in when you retrieve items from a quest? why wouldn't it be put in your inventory immediately.

Because you may not have enough room.  It was just an option.  Instead of it just rejecting the buy.  With the "dynamic" resizing of items your weapon may become too big for the slots it currently occupies.  So, instead of forcing you to close the modify page and move crap around in your inventory and have to go back and do it all again.  So, if you have the room, it goes in your inventory.  If you do not have the room, it just sends it to you fed ex.

Interesting idea. Maybe just a bookmark option to save your shopping cart for later. Tho these ideas would make trading even more complicated then it already is. Either way the point of having a search/filter system is so if you do loose the stuff you were gonna buy it doesn't take as long to find them again.