GeirOve

Mods closing threads/ Dsync lag, silent kills

I was just killed by a frozen scav at Shoreline. Log into to the forum to check if any of my fellow beta-testers have had same issues, either today or in the past. Wanted to ask a bit around it and have a constructive discussion about the problems that cause this and the problems this cause the game. Well, on the first page I found a thread, but it was closed.

Ive noticed that the Moderators on this forum is closing threads instantly, why is that? Why are we not as beta tester allowed to discuss our experience with the game, either its positive or negative? We are beta-testers, are our opinions and experiences a waste of time?

I have never experienced this rigid behaviour in a forum before

• Like 1

Apparently being in beta means you cannot talk about game breaking bugs. 

In before the lock. ;)

Edited by Zybane
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah, I complained about the mod's locking threads that are great on going conversations before.  Apparently Communism is alive in well in Tarkov.  LOL

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I would have thought it was better (for the moderators) to have the threads going a bit longer, instead they will get new threads about the same issues all the time.

So what we do? Open a new one? ;)

28 minutes ago, GeirOve said:

I was just killed by a frozen scav at Shoreline. Log into to the forum to check if any of my fellow beta-testers have had same issues, either today or in the past. Wanted to ask a bit around it and have a constructive discussion about the problems that cause this and the problems this cause the game. Well, on the first page I found a thread, but it was closed.

Ive noticed that the Moderators on this forum is closing threads instantly, why is that? Why are we not as beta tester allowed to discuss our experience with the game, either its positive or negative? We are beta-testers, are our opinions and experiences a waste of time?

I have never experienced this rigid behaviour in a forum before

Link the thread you're talking about. Most ones I see closed are either people being rude, question was answered, or it's been discussed multiple times on different threads.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GhostZ69 said:

Yeah, I complained about the mod's locking threads that are great on going conversations before.  Apparently Communism is alive in well in Tarkov.  LOL

In Soviet Russia, thread locks YOU!

The worse part is when you have mods that post stuff like:

"This is the wrong game for what you're after.

For killcams and non-cheeki breekiness, PUBG is that way ->"

If that mod worked for me, I would have taken him to a private chat and let him know that you NEVER treat paying customers like that.  That sort of trolling would not ever be acceptable behavior from a forum mod on my servers.  As long as a thread does not get out of hand with trolling, name calling or something like that it should be open ended.  Sometimes I find the same problem I had and someone posts a fix.  I would like to be able to thank them for that, or maybe something has been updated and their fix no longer works.  It is stupid to have to have 30 different threads about the same problem with different fixes through different patches.

9 minutes ago, GhostZ69 said:

If that mod worked for me, I would have taken him to a private chat and let him know that you NEVER treat paying customers like that.  That sort of trolling would not ever be acceptable behavior from a forum mod on my servers. 

Then that is great for your servers, you can enforce that type of policy there, however here in the EFT project, you've paid to enter into a Beta OR Alpha (depending when you joined) period, you have not purchased a product or a service by any means, you've quite literally bought into a project, to test and experiment further. This is outlined in the ToS and basis of the testing period within the forum and when you launch the game and create your character.

The forum moderation team locks threads that are unnecessarily repeated; you're more than welcome to post content and discuss ongoing issues, however when 50 people post the same thread with the exact same topic throughout the day, we have to go through and work about getting the message across to those 50 separate people rather than just posting to one thread... Hence why we lock them, and tell you guys to use the search function or contact us directly.

# This thread is also locked, to ensure that no further toxicity and confusion comes about. Enjoy your day.

• Like 2

#Locked

If you encounter any bugs, please submit them using the bug report function. The developer team has no way of knowing of those bugs, or most importantly, how to replicate them without data from you.
https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/support/contact

or for more information you can go to this thread:

If you wish to dispute any moderator action - feel free to contact support at:
support@battlestategames.com

However, do refrain from discussing them in public, such as this thread.

• Like 2