jakekao402

There are no Hackers.

At this point, there are no procedure or system to report hackers.  It is also hard to tell if someone is hacking or not.  Hence, technically there are no hackers?!

I got an interesting record that I got today when playing on Woods. I just going to post the video here and let you guys decide.

Before watching the video, I want to describe the situation for a bit so you guys have a better understanding.

I was pursing a player I saw, and I killed him with a headshot.  I didn't notice there was a player on the sniper rock until he fell down.  There was no gunshots.  I thought he was killed way before I went there but it took awhile before the body slipped off the rock.  However, if you watch the video, he actually died right before he fell down.  I went ahead and have a quick look of his gear.  He had fort armor and Ops-Core helmet like me.  A second later, I'm killed without hearing anyone shooting at me, like how that player died.  Least damaged part, Head.  It was a chest shot.  I was wearing fort armor.

Disclaimer for Dev

I am not accusing <who killed me of being> a hacker.  This is just a post for everyone to discuss.

Edited by tobiassolem
Removed the video displaying the player name discussed

4 hours ago, jakekao402 said:

At this point, there are no procedure or system to report hackers.  It is also hard to tell if someone is hacking or not.  Hence, technically there are no hackers?!

I got an interesting record that I got today when playing on Woods. I just going to post the video here and let you guys decide.

Before watching the video, I want to describe the situation for a bit so you guys have a better understanding.

I was pursing a player I saw, and I killed him with a headshot.  I didn't notice there was a player on the sniper rock until he fell down.  There was no gunshots.  I thought he was killed way before I went there but it took awhile before the body slipped off the rock.  However, if you watch the video, he actually died right before he fell down.  I went ahead and have a quick look of his gear.  He had fort armor and Ops-Core helmet like me.  A second later, I'm killed without hearing anyone shooting at me, like how that player died.  Least damaged part, Head.  It was a chest shot.  I was wearing fort armor.

You might as well call it a hackusation. If you truly wanted to just see what the forumers thought you would have left out his name and not provided a link in which you call him a cheater. We are not here to determine if someone is a hacker.

I mean personally the video does seem a little odd. It could have been a player with supressed dvl or something and he dropped that guy up top. Then when you did finally die there was a second delay of where you did not move for an easier chance at a headshot. It's hard to tell now with quite a few sound glitches, dsync and what not.

Edited by tobiassolem
Removed quoted names (d'Oh)

This at first glance looks very much like dozens of posts where someone is killed in a "mysterious" manner, and someone thinks its a hacker, and puts forward that persons name. 

1 hour ago, jakekao402 said:

At this point, there are no procedure or system to report hackers.  It is also hard to tell if someone is hacking or not.  Hence, technically there are no hackers

Therere are reasons why. And the belief that "there aren't any hackers" aren't among them.

One of the reasons (this is in general, without commenting on this specific case) that few people want to accept is that losing/dying... on a purely psychological level triggers self-defense mechanisms such as projection. To many its easier to think that someone had an unfair advantage somehow (cheating) than to accept that it was their own mistake. 

Another reason is that with lack of information (screen goes black immediately) there's a desire to have some form of "evidence" of what happened. 

A third reason is that because of servers being unstable, because there are bugs and still unfinished parts in the game, irregularities happen.

There are more reasons than this, but these three examples will have to suffice for the sake of discussion. When people can "report a hacker" the report que is flooded with reports. Reports that will have to be read and studied manually; requiring thousands of work hours not just to verify or deny whether someone cheated or not. But to handle the replies of such, with people being frustrated. The bottom line is; its just not worth the hassle. It's better to have a method of in-game detection that works without manual reports, and keep on  improving that. 

tl;dr - Yes, the devs are aware of there being cheaters, and there are methods of detecting them. And cheaters are indeed banned on a continuous basis. Manual reporting takes too much time and require too much resources for <reasons>.

Moderator note: I will remove the accuseds name in this, and the video (OP: Feel free to upload it again without the name of the killer). But not lock this thread for now. Tread softly.

15 minutes ago, monty67t said:

Based on the video, it looks like you took a shot to the head. You're not going to hear the shot, you're already dead.

you may not hear the shot but you can hear bullets. Plus death screen says chest shot. It also looks like desync issue. Dunno really after losing 12th fort armor to one shotters i dont see any reason to do geared runs anymore.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, tobiassolem said:

tl;dr - Yes, the devs are aware of there being cheaters, and there are methods of detecting them. And cheaters are indeed banned on a continuous basis. Manual reporting takes too much time and require too much resources for <reasons>.

thanks for linking me to this thread. I understand the reason you gave for no hacker-reporting feature. I've been in some unusual situations that might have been desyncs, or hacks, hard to say. I only posted about one, because it was so unprecedented that I couldn't imagine a scenario that didn't involve hacking.

Do devs publish a list of people banned for hacking?

some doors are bugged(like factory office door) you can literally see inside if you place the door on the corner of your screen. I havent tested the other doors though

20 minutes ago, nikogg said:

+ parfois pour quelqu'un la porte est ouverte pour quelqu'un c'est encore fermé! gros bug donc vous ne pouvez pas dire que c'est un pirate ou non 

+1

• Upvote 1

I've encountered the same hacker in woods multiple times.  If you broke Line of sight you are fine, but if he can see you your stomach bleeds out.  Don't care what anyone says, it's the truth.  I even tested his line of vision with it by cutting into buildings.  He has to visually see you to bleed out your stomach.

Edited by biggiejohn

lol me and my friend just died instantly to "DeezBeezNutz" with no sound on Shoreline. Everyone else on the map was probably killed as well.

I played duo today with a friend and using mics. Suddenly my friend stopped moving as we were entering the building, but I kept going in. As we spoke, invisible scav player attacked me and nearly killed me. My friend killed him first and asked me why I didnt shoot that scav when he clearly stepped out of the room right infront of my face. Then he asked me to stop aiming on him and loot that scav. That was very confusing since there were no "fight" on my screen, no dead body and my friend still running stucked at same spot infront of building main door. I just alt+f4 the game, reconnected and everything went back to normal, my friend was moving around me and suddenly scav body was lying there.

This isnt the first time it happened. Happening to us regulary, especially on Shoreline. The more squads games you play, the more you notice this. Solo you dont even noticed that server actually disconnect you and you are the one who is "stucked" and not making any actions on server, just standing there.

Thats how you all dying to invisible players or unheared shots. Server disconnects you without any notice while some players wont even notice a single lag.

Edited by neur0tix
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1