FreeZGames

Scav on Scav Violence

Has anyone else noticed the amount of Scav on Scav violence going up? I feel like new players have no idea about how to identify "Friendly" scavs. Personally I've almost stopped doing scav raids because I die more to other scavs that spawn kill or that KOS. I know Tavkov is a game based on risk and reward and at anytime you can loose your gear, but having to wait 30 minutes because someone was trigger happy is kind of ridiculous. (Just trying to see if others are having the same experience when going into a raid as Scavs) Thanks for reading guys!

• Upvote 2

I have played a lot as scav mostly on customs and shoreline because I used to lose my gear all the time and player scavs will KOS me even after the Q/E wiggle. Several have waited until my back was turned then shot me in the back of the head. I tend to go and hang out with AI scav at the start because they should engage any scav attacking another scav. This isn't always true though. In shoreline, I was going to the extract and there were 2 AI scav guarding it, one had a shotgun the other had a silenced TT that I wanted. I waited until they were close together and shot the shotgun scav in the head. The TT scav turned towards me and just flipped me off. I shot him in the head and was laughing all the way back to the extract.

the issue is there is nothing stopping the violence at this time. yes, scavs attack those who attack another, but its not enough of a punishment. when karma takes effect, these users will face harsh penalties for their crimes.

remember, this is an online game like any other, you're playing with random people in the world. we have to deal with the harsh reality alot of people are either heartless, or too scared to trust someone else

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, necuja said:

the issue is there is nothing stopping the violence at this time. yes, scavs attack those who attack another, but its not enough of a punishment. when karma takes effect, these users will face harsh penalties for their crimes.

remember, this is an online game like any other, you're playing with random people in the world. we have to deal with the harsh reality alot of people are either heartless, or too scared to trust someone else

the Q&A said karma is only planned for PMC players so far so scavs need to have some other type of team kill penalty unless they plan to add scavs into the karma system

Edited by hembree840

12 minutes ago, hembree840 said:

the Q&A said karma is only planned for PMC players so far so scavs need to have some other type of team kill penalty unless they plan to add scavs into the karma system

The penalty affects your PMC. Not the Scav character. This is what was announced before and also now. But remember that changes are highly possible and more info should be something to wait for first.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I don't usually have this problem. In my experience playing as Scav, it's either an instant death or a super rewarding run. Just gotta learn when someone is being friendly. If someone is willing to turn their back and loot when you've got a gun trained on them, they're either trying to be friendly or they have a friend nearby.

I think the penalty of SCAV on SCAV violence is a temporary increase on the SCAV Mission Timer.  Achieves two goals:

1) The player is 'punished'

2) Other SCAV players are less likely to see bad SCAVs while they are in timeout.

Sometimes it happens that me being a player scav gets attacked from another player scav, even surrounded by other ai scavs (don't know what they are thinking, maybe they are newbies to the game and didn't know better). So in order to protect yourself you fire back and instantly all ai scavs gets hostile and attacks you. This is kind of unrealistic because for ai it works differently:

When a player attacks an ai scav he also shoots back (as a player would do) but no other ai scav will shoot at the ai scav for that. Of course not, because he defends himself. So for ai on ai it works fine, they notice ai buddies being shoot first so the player scav is the bad dude to shoot at. But for player scav shooting at player scav they don't realize who shoot first and who is to punish for that. So in my opinion fireing back at a player scav attacking yourself should not make ai scavs hostile at all unless you shoot first or hit ai scavs.

• Upvote 1

I'm new player. Enjoy this game very much. I often play as scav becasue it's a way for me to get lost equipment. I really have probem to recognise players from scavs and shoot both instantly now. Every time I tryied be friendly I died.

I am very new to the game.
It is taking me awhile to recognize scavs from PMC, however, I haven't had much of a choice in the matter.
(As a scav), If I run into anyone - anyone at all that isn't an NPC, I get shot at.

So I suppose I've seen this issue as well and as a result, I've also been a part of the problem.

From a lore standpoint, I cannot imagine there would be no violence within the scav culture though.
You are fighting to survive, and if that means killing someone out on a battlefield, someone that you could say
got killed by a PMC... I could see that happening a lot in a real world.

Side question: can't you just deck out your main character in scav gear and then appear as a scav?

I think it is just new people not knowing what they are doing.  If I see another Scav in the game with some very nice stuff on him and no other Scavs around then I'm gonna go for it.  But sometimes you get killed by a guy who is surrounded by Scavs or had no real reason to kill you.  Now everyone loses or he has just made extraction much more difficult for no reason.  People will learn.

The majority of the scenarios where I've shot at other player scavs is when they're decked out like PMCs with looted gear. Maybe i'm just telling myself I didn't know they were scavs, but it's happened to me so many times I have to agree with Frank_Bumstead that you just gotta give folks time to get breeki.

I am a pretty new player. It's one of those, shoot or be killed things. Why should I bother trusting a random person in-game? What benefit does it do for me? If I'm already semi-looted or ultra-looted, chances are that person is gonna shoot me in the back. Hell, they have nothing to lose but I have all the stuff I looted to lose. Goes both ways. If all I had was a gun and I see a player scav with some gear, hell yeah I am gonna shoot them. I need their loot because I'm a beginner and I have nothing else to lose except for my 30 minute scav timer mark. I will make that scav cooldown count.

About 30 minute before posting here, I just killed a player scav around 15 minute timer left mark on Customs. He actually shot at me first but funny thing is, he had no ammo in his gun. Killed him and low a behold, I hit the jackpot. He had a that Trizip backpack (the huge one EOD players start with), AKS folded, MPX, tons of meds, and he had some fancy looking vest (forgot the name on), had contacts, UN chest/head piece, and main gun was a shotty and offhand was a scoped SKS. I actually don't think he bothered checking his ammo because he had 0 ammo in both guns, but had ammo in his pack and his folded AKSU. Do I regret not being friendly or shooting him? HELL NO, he "shot" at me first and he gold on him...at least it is for a beginner like myself.

Edited by barcode120x

This has really got to stop. Every scav raid in the last week has ended with another scav shooting me either in the back or straight up with other scavs around. BSG has got to pull there poo together in order to keep the player base. I know me and a team of players that love this game just dont find it enjoyable when people are not playing as intended. Do you see AI killing each other..... nope. Then as a scav you should not have the ability to shoot other scavs. If you are a PMC with a squad, would you just kill your entire squad at extraction before you were able to get out just to take their gear????  

Yes this game has two MAJOR problems with the scav mode right now.

A) Its almost impossible to differenciate PMCs and Scavs until its too late (you have to be close, or look closely on them...) its its PMC you are dead three times over because right now PMC gameplay if pure deathmatch if you dont have your real life friends with you (SADLY). Markers would be nice (mayble like more differenciated clothing for BEARs, USEC and Scavs), but someting that would not break immersion of the game. 

B) There is nothing stopping you from acting like edgy 12 year old. It would be nice to have two things in place... once scav hits another scav, you are free to shoot him without others turning on you. AND much more importantly... adding like an +30 minutes or even hour for every scav killed.

17 minutes ago, Faolan_Hound said:

Yes this game has two MAJOR problems with the scav mode right now.

A) Its almost impossible to differenciate PMCs and Scavs until its too late (you have to be close, or look closely on them...) its its PMC you are dead three times over because right now PMC gameplay if pure deathmatch if you dont have your real life friends with you (SADLY). Markers would be nice (mayble like more differenciated clothing for BEARs, USEC and Scavs), but someting that would not break immersion of the game. 

B) There is nothing stopping you from acting like edgy 12 year old. It would be nice to have two things in place... once scav hits another scav, you are free to shoot him without others turning on you. AND much more importantly... adding like an +30 minutes or even hour for every scav killed.

B is looking like something may well be needed if it carry's on the way its going maybe a sliding scale of time additions very scav killed in a raid gives another hour to 2 hour extension to the cool-down timer as well as smaller 20 min extensions for just hitting another scav(one or the other not both i'm not saying every hit gives you 20 mins but that hitting and not killing an scav any number of times is 20 mins per scav otherwise full auto-ing another scav would be like 4 hours if you used 9mm lol), capping out at something like a day.

That way you can still do it as i dont think that putting something like "no scav on scav damage is counted" would be the way out of this either but make it so that if you are doing it then you need to make it worth more than every other scav raid you could do that day. for me that would make me reconsider toz-ing some guys face off for his bag and 2 primary's and then risking a firefight where every kill and hit racks up time until get another shot a risk free loot seeing as i pretty much fund my pmc with the gear and money i make off the scav runs or it makes it much less dependent on me playing perfectly and pulling out enough gear to cover a full load out every 3 raids assuming i can get 1/3 extract playing solo (hah no )

maybe another way of doing this is to reduce the cooldown for non violent scavs rather than punish the guilty reward the virtuous so killing only pmcs or nothing gets you a 5 min cooldown where as hitting another scav gets you the normal one as looking at the idea above i can see how people might think it a little over the top :P

• Like 1

I think what people don't understand is that 

SCAVS ARE SUPPOSED TO DO ANYTHING TO GET A LEG UP ON EACH OTHER, INCLUDING HOMICIDE

When you are in the loading, it says this: https://gyazo.com/b4bc66610f138ed4309529f468e0165a

"Cutting each other's throat for a better piece"

Scav on scav violence shouldn't be removed, since IRL the same thing would happen.

Also, the scav runs aren't a risk to try and get better gear, seeing as you lose nothing. Calm D O W N

I have been playing for quite sometime now, so its easy to recognize a player scav vs ai scav, the way a player scav would sprint from cover to caches, or how they would have multiple weapons on slings etc gives them away easily, i try to avoid player scavs as there is no honour among thieves, even after Q.E wiggle and few times i have gone to the length to protect them while looting and let them take a dig first on caches, these fuckers will still shoot me in had when i have my back on them, so its not easy to trust, so either you avoid player scavs or take a decision based your time in raid how much ai scavs would be left and the nearest extraction point and then ducking kill every one of them

On 6/26/2018 at 7:02 AM, xXMLG_THUGXx said:

When you are in the loading, it says this: https://gyazo.com/b4bc66610f138ed4309529f468e0165a

I know I know... problem here is game wants to be as realistic as possible. This is not realistic at all (you can look up pretty much ANY disaster event or civil war... nobody is killing their comrades or gang members about gear piece... other yes of course, but not you pack, not in a real world).

B) Its a problem because it ruins gameplay as well nobody is hunting PMCs on Factory anymore... never... because even if you manage to kill them, another Scav will finish you off in the instance. I mean two days back I got killed by the scav few seconds after saving his life from the third scav that wanted to kill him and loot him... guy I covered trough whole level (i was covering him why he was looting bodies... even let him get first pick since we went together) and saved his life... killed me over AK74u when he had 2 SKS rifles. You are supposed to work as a wold pack tearing down much bigger and deadlier pray... with this mentality, it would be 20x more fun to play as a scav and much more interesting for PMCs. Now you spawn and wait for scavs just kill each other after taking out last reamaining one a rush for the extraction.

I know that what BIO says... I am just stating that it completely breaks immersion with the game AND also ruins experience both as a Scav and as a PMC.

They usually wait until your back is turned, the community is cancer. It really limits how you can play the game and that will result in the game dying off if this isnt addressed.

Same thing with playing as a PMC, people from your own PMC will shoot you on sight and just makes the game a death match.

Edited by MrXT

As a fairly new player (lvl 7), this saddens me a lot. When I scav, I try to be as low profile as possible, almost pacifist. I don't run around looking for fights. I run around looking for loot and food.

And every time I do that, I get shot.

Yes it's difficult to differentiate between scav and PMC for a new player. I see someone moving in a night interchange raid, slowly walk towards them / stand there, doing the QE-wiggle, they turn around and shoot me.

Was no scav, was a PMC. Had I known that, I would've shot them in the back instead while they were looting.