FreeZGames

Scav on Scav Violence

Has anyone else noticed the amount of Scav on Scav violence going up? I feel like new players have no idea about how to identify "Friendly" scavs. Personally I've almost stopped doing scav raids because I die more to other scavs that spawn kill or that KOS. I know Tavkov is a game based on risk and reward and at anytime you can loose your gear, but having to wait 30 minutes because someone was trigger happy is kind of ridiculous. (Just trying to see if others are having the same experience when going into a raid as Scavs) Thanks for reading guys!

• Upvote 1

I have played a lot as scav mostly on customs and shoreline because I used to lose my gear all the time and player scavs will KOS me even after the Q/E wiggle. Several have waited until my back was turned then shot me in the back of the head. I tend to go and hang out with AI scav at the start because they should engage any scav attacking another scav. This isn't always true though. In shoreline, I was going to the extract and there were 2 AI scav guarding it, one had a shotgun the other had a silenced TT that I wanted. I waited until they were close together and shot the shotgun scav in the head. The TT scav turned towards me and just flipped me off. I shot him in the head and was laughing all the way back to the extract.

the issue is there is nothing stopping the violence at this time. yes, scavs attack those who attack another, but its not enough of a punishment. when karma takes effect, these users will face harsh penalties for their crimes.

remember, this is an online game like any other, you're playing with random people in the world. we have to deal with the harsh reality alot of people are either heartless, or too scared to trust someone else

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, necuja said:

the issue is there is nothing stopping the violence at this time. yes, scavs attack those who attack another, but its not enough of a punishment. when karma takes effect, these users will face harsh penalties for their crimes.

remember, this is an online game like any other, you're playing with random people in the world. we have to deal with the harsh reality alot of people are either heartless, or too scared to trust someone else

the Q&A said karma is only planned for PMC players so far so scavs need to have some other type of team kill penalty unless they plan to add scavs into the karma system

Edited by hembree840

12 minutes ago, hembree840 said:

the Q&A said karma is only planned for PMC players so far so scavs need to have some other type of team kill penalty unless they plan to add scavs into the karma system

The penalty affects your PMC. Not the Scav character. This is what was announced before and also now. But remember that changes are highly possible and more info should be something to wait for first.

I don't usually have this problem. In my experience playing as Scav, it's either an instant death or a super rewarding run. Just gotta learn when someone is being friendly. If someone is willing to turn their back and loot when you've got a gun trained on them, they're either trying to be friendly or they have a friend nearby.

I think the penalty of SCAV on SCAV violence is a temporary increase on the SCAV Mission Timer.  Achieves two goals:

1) The player is 'punished'

2) Other SCAV players are less likely to see bad SCAVs while they are in timeout.

Im pretty sure this will become less of a problem once VOIP is enabled in the game, as this in my opinion will make it easier to trust someone.

Sometimes it happens that me being a player scav gets attacked from another player scav, even surrounded by other ai scavs (don't know what they are thinking, maybe they are newbies to the game and didn't know better). So in order to protect yourself you fire back and instantly all ai scavs gets hostile and attacks you. This is kind of unrealistic because for ai it works differently:

When a player attacks an ai scav he also shoots back (as a player would do) but no other ai scav will shoot at the ai scav for that. Of course not, because he defends himself. So for ai on ai it works fine, they notice ai buddies being shoot first so the player scav is the bad dude to shoot at. But for player scav shooting at player scav they don't realize who shoot first and who is to punish for that. So in my opinion fireing back at a player scav attacking yourself should not make ai scavs hostile at all unless you shoot first or hit ai scavs.

I'm new player. Enjoy this game very much. I often play as scav becasue it's a way for me to get lost equipment. I really have probem to recognise players from scavs and shoot both instantly now. Every time I tryied be friendly I died.

I am very new to the game.
It is taking me awhile to recognize scavs from PMC, however, I haven't had much of a choice in the matter.
(As a scav), If I run into anyone - anyone at all that isn't an NPC, I get shot at.

So I suppose I've seen this issue as well and as a result, I've also been a part of the problem.

From a lore standpoint, I cannot imagine there would be no violence within the scav culture though.
You are fighting to survive, and if that means killing someone out on a battlefield, someone that you could say
got killed by a PMC... I could see that happening a lot in a real world.

Side question: can't you just deck out your main character in scav gear and then appear as a scav?

I think it is just new people not knowing what they are doing.  If I see another Scav in the game with some very nice stuff on him and no other Scavs around then I'm gonna go for it.  But sometimes you get killed by a guy who is surrounded by Scavs or had no real reason to kill you.  Now everyone loses or he has just made extraction much more difficult for no reason.  People will learn.