Edge of darkness bonuses

The most expensive edition, 110€. Some ingame bonuses, more starting loot (don't need, we can loot), more cash (nice, but we still can loot), more reputation with trader NPCs (quite nice, but still, we can earn that ingame). Unique ID and the biggest stash are the only 2 ingame things worth getting imo. They last. Loot you will lose when u die. But why include Large field backpack nad Combat tactical tomahawk in the most expensive edition, if you lose them after first death (usualy 1 hour into the game). There are two options (considering they are lost on death and you dont spawn with them every time, which is the true meaning of "I paid more than you edition"). You make them into skins which can be applied any time any number of times, like in H1Z1, so the overpriced bonus becomes longterm instead of you die, there goes your 20 bucks, like in the game "one life".... OR!!! You put it in every edition, or you simply take it out and put something valuable in the edition that costs like 250% of normal game, not something that you will lose on the first death.

Not to get me wrong, I am perfectly OK with losing all gear and loot on death, that's no problem form me, just the opposite. But if you go to the lenght of making a 110€ edition, why not put sometinh worth getting (ingame content)? And if you think megastash and unique ID is enought, take the items away and put in something better please :))

We support the devs by paying for the game, that's the concept of supporting anybody that sells anything. This is a wellknown fact which was established the first time a man traded a goat for another animal..... If they want, they can add a account number where to send money for free like a form of support. If we buy the game and the overpriced edition, we should recieve something in return :)

TheSnikers
1 минуту назад, Magor57 сказал:

If we buy the game and the overpriced edition, we should recieve something in return :)

You get minor bonuses - equip and standings with traders, and major bonuses - guaranteed access to alpha and season pass. If it is not enough, buy a standart edition and save your money.

• Upvote 2

I would like to support the devs, but I would also like some ingame content in return. The Stash and reputation is quite nice, but I am just pointing out that any content that is "one life only" is simply not worth getting, maybe for a noob who played no other game in his life or for a person really wealthy. I am simply pointing out that if they want Edge of Darkness to be well liked and bought many times, they need to remove the "one life bonuses" and put in something permanent, or worth payin so much for :)

2 minutes ago, Magor57 said:

I would like to support the devs, but I would also like some ingame content in return. The Stash and reputation is quite nice, but I am just pointing out that any content that is "one life only" is simply not worth getting, maybe for a noob who played no other game in his life or for a person really wealthy. I am simply pointing out that if they want Edge of Darkness to be well liked and bought many times, they need to remove the "one life bonuses" and put in something permanent, or worth payin so much for :)

This is what pay2win would exactly sound like

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
TheSnikers
1 минуту назад, Magor57 сказал:

put in something permanent, or worth payin so much for :)

Again. You get permanent free access to DLC, and you get into alpha. It is better that smth in-game.

• Upvote 3

I don't mind ingame bonuses, but make them worth it. Tomahawk and backpack is literally worth a penny, if not permanent. Either make the ingame bonuses worth it, or don't make them at all. Not little of both...

• Hot 1

I don't understand why everyone keeps fixating on the "Tomahawk and Backpack". These are a little extra to say thank-you. If your that bothered about losing your tomahawk you could always keep it in your secure container that you also get for the EoD package. 

What you are really paying for and benefits you is below, but the real point is you like the look of the game and you want to support the DEV's:

Early unlock of your digital copy (early access), Guaranteed access to closed beta, Guaranteed participation in alpha testing, Bonus equipment at start, Huge size of stash (10x60), Additional equipment and resources in stash, Unique secured container, Even more cash at the start, Initially good standings with all in-game traders, Unique in-game ID and Free access to all subsequent DLCs (Season pass) .

Fairtradekiwi
3 hours ago, TheSnikers said:

Again. You get permanent free access to DLC, and you get into alpha. It is better that smth in-game.

u get ACESS to ALL DLC'S, we don't know if theres something planned about DLC'S, A season pass is more worth than any game item u can loose, and whats worth? a Season pass or a gameitem u can loose in a raid?

Stop telling some s*** like u want to pay2win acess items, cause u will stash them in ur box and never take em with you cause u r scared to loose it, we all know that so, be fine with the Season pass or take another package!

So "The snikers" is totally right.

Edited by Fairtradekiwi
5 hours ago, TheSnikers said:

I don't know why, maybe I'm crazy, but the first and foremost reason why I thought it would pay off to pay 150 Euros for EoD edition is exactly because of free DLC's to come and guaranteed alpha access. The unique ID sounds good, too.

The tomahawk and all else goes in the container until I feel confident to use them, or I find another one. Any good 'ol knife will do for me, because I like to grab and stab. :)

ithompsoni

I certainly wont be using my tomahawk or backpack until I am confident I wont lose them due to noobish reasons, who knows, maybe they might be ultra-rare items that will be worth a lot after full release..? Remember we are in control of the market prices and if they are bonuses for buying into the game for alpha, im sure they will be worth their weight in gold. You would be a sucker to lose the items before full release!

If not, then you should be happy you are getting into alpha, GUARANTEED into Beta and getting early access, also FREE DLC forever.... more-so  having the chance to help with progress by reporting bugs and making suggestions. 

9_9

While i can agree (with OP) to some extent, i still feel like i'm doing a longterm investment, the permantent stuff like id and stash is nice, also the free future dlc will more than make up for it for me. I bought the lifetime sub tier for Champions Online back in the day, after 2 years of playing almost everyday i had outplayed the worth of the 2 year sub it costed. I stuck with that game for almost 4 years making it so worth it. If this game is even half as good as it's "advertised" so far, i'll be here far longer than the price of the Edge of Darkness costs. 

I bought the Edge of darkness bonuses mainly to support the devs, im on a massive fan boy hype for Eastern developers because they seem to put more effort into their games and care more 

Yip....  Alpha was first reason for me.  Im a sucker for jumping on the hype train.  The the unlocked access to all future DLC's.  The large stash is nice.  im a horder but the secure box might be a bit op for raids.  I would only like it in Open world.  I will use the raids for loot farming.

5 hours ago, NotWolf said:

Add something like 1 Beta key for your friend or something?

That would be great! 1 Beta key for your friend would be awsome. I mean I payed 110€ for it so...

On 1/20/2016 at 1:42 AM, NotWolf said:

Add something like 1 Beta key for your friend or something?

This is what the Devs for the game SQUAD did for all the backers who pledged for early access. I paid $75 to get in on the Closed Alpha, Beta and steam early access, plus they gave me two game keys (one for me, one for a friend). For the price it was a great deal, and with weekly/monthly progress updates, screenshots and video - it's been well worth it.

reallyyy want to play in EFT's closed alpha because this is the tactical/hardcore shooter I've always wanted, but I don't want to shovel out $145 on a chance that it is as great as the "TWO" trailers suggest.

Edited by enigmatic
  • 11 months later...
On 1/19/2016 at 0:00 PM, Magor57 said:

I bought EoD mainly because of the Seasson pass... If you're planing to buy the game and then the DLCs separately, you'll pay much more than when you buy it now... Its the same what StarCitizen did... Last year, you could have 2 games for the cost of 1 game. Now the games are separated and if you want them both, you'll pay the double.