JakeThaSnake

A temporary fix for the freezing issues caused by the memory leak

JakeThaSnake

I found using a program called Memory Cleaner stops the freezing that's occuring for some players. Specifically those with only 8gb of ram, and on the maps Shoreline and Customs. This also fixed the freezing I was getting during gun fights that was causing me to get killed. This is a temporary fix, as I'm sure this is something the developers are working on. I just wanted to help out those who are struggling in Customs and Shoreline. 

For a more detailed explanation of the program, here's a video I made showing you what options you should use in Memory Cleaner, and what the program does. Hope this helps!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJx7_7aTgvU&feature=youtu.be

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Zybane

I don't get "freezes" per say but I do get the occasional .5 second stutter. Will it fix that? I have 16 GB RAM. 

bigbacon

check other apps you are running. I haven't had the shoreline memory problem in a while but I stopped running certain apps while playing. Discord and OBS being 2. 

Black1

If this is a virus I will hunt you down like a dirty Scav.  

I'ma give it a whirl an see if it helps with shoreline.  

JakeThaSnake
34 minutes ago, Zybane said:

I don't get "freezes" per say but I do get the occasional .5 second stutter. Will it fix that? I have 16 GB RAM. 

It won't fix the very short, occasional stutters. That seems to be happening for everybody at the moment. Even streamers with great PC's.

33 minutes ago, bigbacon said:

check other apps you are running. I haven't had the shoreline memory problem in a while but I stopped running certain apps while playing. Discord and OBS being 2. 

I never run other programs while playing so I can maximize my FPS. Having only 8GB of ram, I figured it must be that with all the mentions of a memory leak. After running Memory Cleaner with the game, I haven't experienced freezing at all. I was getting 10-20 second long freezes randomly and in combat.

• Upvote 1

JakeThaSnake
34 minutes ago, Black1 said:

If this is a virus I will hunt you down like a dirty Scav.  

I'ma give it a whirl an see if it helps with shoreline.  

It's not my program, but I ran it through Windows Defender and MalwareBytes and nothing was detected. It also seems fairly popular considering the 5 million downloads. I hope it helps man!

• Thanks 3

Zybane

Could this get you banned since it removes unused game code from memory? 

Black1

So far so good I had a few hiccups but over all shoreline was running smoother.  It was my first run of the day so I'll see how it does under sustained play.  My memory load didn't go over 85 percent which is nice but damn at some points the game was utilizing 10 gigs of ram.  

• Upvote 1

JakeThaSnake
1 hour ago, Zybane said:

Could this get you banned since it removes unused game code from memory? 

Well, they haven't exactly been clear on what gets you banned. Though, I've seen people mention using similar software since early versions of the game with no issue. I'm using this myself, and can't play without it. Used it for about a week and no issue.

24 minutes ago, Black1 said:

So far so good I had a few hiccups but over all shoreline was running smoother.  It was my first run of the day so I'll see how it does under sustained play.  My memory load didn't go over 85 percent which is nice but damn at some points the game was utilizing 10 gigs of ram.  

Good to hear. And yeah, the game uses a ton of ram. Glad it's running better for you as well.

crash_harder

would really like to see a "official" answer on using memory cleaner.  i downloaded it today and am wanting to run it while playing but i'm scared of getting banned... 

JJamie

well they keep taking so long to fix their stuff its no wonder people will go their own lengths to find fixes. its more a compliment, i'd say

JJamie

TBH i tried this out, and i found that it made it quite a bit worse for me, personally.

Znajka29
5 hours ago, crash_harder said:

would really like to see a "official" answer on using memory cleaner.  i downloaded it today and am wanting to run it while playing but i'm scared of getting banned... 

I think you won't get banned , they wrote a lot of times in the forum , that the anti cheat program only monitors how memory and game exec's operate , and might be that you will be listed on the potential cheaters list , but after they check your programs , they should know that it's not a cheating program, thus removing you from list, or putting you on a watch list :D 

• Like 1

JakeThaSnake
27 minutes ago, JJamie said:

TBH i tried this out, and i found that it made it quite a bit worse for me, personally.

Really? How much ram do you have? This made the game playable for me. Did you check mark the first two boxes in the options tab?

zpwarrior

I've been using it since a couple patches back where Customs and Woods were completely unplayable without it.

• Like 1

JakeThaSnake
1 minute ago, zpwarrior said:

I've been using it since a couple patches back where Customs and Woods were completely unplayable without it.

Good to know it hasn't gotten you banned. There's no reason it should, but people are worried since it messes with the memory. I haven't had issues either the past week or so I've been using it.

20 minutes ago, Znajka29 said:

I think you won't get banned , they wrote a lot of times in the forum , that the anti cheat program only monitors how memory and game exec's operate , and might be that you will be listed on the potential cheaters list , but after they check your programs , they should know that it's not a cheating program, thus removing you from list, or putting you on a watch list :D 

I agree with you. Since they said their anti cheat checks what programs you have running, even if it detects it as a threat, they should be able to see that it isn't.

reemr
14 hours ago, Zybane said:

Those occasional .5 second stutters are people extracting or scavs spawning in. As far as I know everybody gets these freezes when it happens. 

• Upvote 1

JJamie
16 hours ago, JakeThaSnake said:

Really? How much ram do you have? This made the game playable for me. Did you check mark the first two boxes in the options tab?

i have 16gb DDR4 2400mhz sdram. will be 32 by the end of the week, but it won't make a difference in the slightest. this probably only works best for people with 8gb of ram. i've had this game suck upwards of 13gb, and has consistently used 10gb. but when i ran it with memory cleaner i don't think it ever went above 6gb ram used, so it definitely does its job.

but when playing with running it i just noticed stuttering a lot more often. it could have just been a specifically bad day for the servers, or maybe a placebo effect where i didn't notice it before but testing the program made me notice it, so it seemed worse.

• Like 1

Skullcrusher500

Man thanks for the help i ended up dropping 800$ for better cpu, motherboard and ram only to find out that it was just a memory leak. But finially. Youre a godsend thanks a ton

Edited by Skullcrusher500
Spelling error

o0Cosmo0o

Is Memory Cleaner still not bannable? 

I want to try this program to fix some freezes... if it works.

smokey-phil
On 7/12/2018 at 2:37 AM, o0Cosmo0o said:

Is Memory Cleaner still not bannable? 

I want to try this program to fix some freezes... if it works.

Its still fine to use you see the largest changes with less than 8 gig of ram but some people report it helping up to 16 gig.

Core unparking is something else you can try if your hardware supports it, it is much the same as using memory cleaner in that its a small program that you set up before you start playing and can undo the changes at the end to put it back into "normal" mode. It too is of questionable worth but some people swear by it 

Personally i think a lot of it is sever side stuff as i get variance of about 20 fps on the same map looking at the same thing from the same place only change is time of day and i assume the sever i'm connected to (not the regional ones, the individual machine in the data centre that handles that one match - not all of them are the same and some are old or have worse hardware or someone is currently using it as part of the heating coil for a distillery)