Sign in to follow this  
GERALT-z-RIVIE

Quests should not be obligatory

GERALT-z-RIVIE

Let´s just not talk about how some of the quest are stupid that could be a whole new thread about this. My point is why have to be quests obligatory if you want level up traders ? I think it´s really stupid idea to force players to go through these fetch quests. It would be much better if player could simply level up trader with only money like it used to be before and there was a voluntary option to just level traders faster by these quests or just reputation in general would work like in other games that they would gave you only a discount on they gear with bigger rep. Last I checked hardcore doesn´t mean that game have to give you frustration and hatred towards it which some of the quest surely give me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

zpwarrior
2 minutes ago, GERALT-z-RIVIE said:

Let´s just not talk about how some of the quest are stupid that could be a whole new thread about this. My point is why have to be quests obligatory if you want level up traders ? I think it´s really stupid idea to force players to go through these fetch quests. It would be much better if player could simply level up trader with only money like it used to be before and there was a voluntary option to just level traders faster by these quests or just reputation in general would work like in other games that they would gave you only a discount on they gear with bigger rep. Last I checked hardcore doesn´t mean that game have to give you frustration and hatred towards it which some of the quest surely give me.

I don't see an issue with them. I'd like to see some of them change, but I dont have an issue completing them.

Corvidae_DK

If doing quests makes you frustrated and angry, that's on your, I personally like it and think it adds another great dimension to the game other than just shoot and loot.

Tooth21

I have never got any trader to lvl 4, not good enough to pass some of the tasks. 

Ravenhawkhero

I personally agree that leveling should be pmc level and spending based, but doing quests could make it easier

GhostZ69

I know it is a beta, I know these complaints are very well and good.  However, be aware, all of these quests are just place holders and they are only testing the theory and implementation behind them.  Every single one of these quests will be tossed out the window at some point in time and replaced with the real quests.  

The best thing you can do here is pick the quests you dislike the most, and explain why you dislike them and what you would like to see done to fix them better to your liking.

If you think the whole quest thing should be tossed and replaced with a PMC level + Money spent then that is acceptable too.  Without the quests the game would be a lot less code hungry.

GERALT-z-RIVIE
2 minutes ago, SafetyTurtle said:

If doing quests makes you frustrated and angry, that's on your, I personally like it and think it adds another great dimension to the game other than just shoot and loot.

What other dimension if I can ask. Most of them want´s you to shoot specific poo or loot specific poo so I can´t see another dimension there. I like quest with those markers for example but I think they are not interesting at all more like annoying for me. This reminds me quests from free to play games. Like kill specific number of these ones ... 

GERALT-z-RIVIE
2 minutes ago, GhostZ69 said:

I know it is a beta, I know these complaints are very well and good.  However, be aware, all of these quests are just place holders and they are only testing the theory and implementation behind them.  Every single one of these quests will be tossed out the window at some point in time and replaced with the real quests.  

The best thing you can do here is pick the quests you dislike the most, and explain why you dislike them and what you would like to see done to fix them better to your liking.

If you think the whole quest thing should be tossed and replaced with a PMC level + Money spent then that is acceptable too.  Without the quests the game would be a lot less code hungry.

I think with that kind of attitude there is no chance that game can be done until summer and not even until end of this year I suppose. I think these quests will be in final release but they will be maybe like daily poo quests if you know what I mean.

12 minutes ago, Tooth21 said:

I have never got any trader to lvl 4, not good enough to pass some of the tasks. 

That´s the problem imagine doing these quests 3 times in row because of the wipe and some of the quests when you have to kill specific number of PMC/scavs are broken because of the time limit. 

GhostZ69
1 minute ago, GERALT-z-RIVIE said:

I think with that kind of attitude there is no chance that game can be done until summer and not even until end of this year I suppose. I think these quests will be in final release but they will be maybe like daily poo quests if you know what I mean.

I am not sure what attitude you are talking about?  This has been said by the dev's themselves.  They are just testing the quest system.  Fixing the bugs like the one that I got stuck in.  I completed Postman Pat part 2 but I cannot complete Postman Pat part 1.  Therefor I cannot move past that quest with Prapor and I am forever (well until next wipe or account reset) stuck with level 3 Prapor.

o0Cosmo0o

I agree, I don't like the actual Quest system, It is totally annoying for me and I prefer a bigger FPS component for the game. 

I can understand a quest where I need to kill players or scavs... but searching Bleach or Tushonka around the map it si the worst thing for me. And I play this game since the Alpha and I have done all Quests since the first day when introduced in the game.

I want an FPS, not a GDR or similar annoying type of game, I really hope in a more FPS component in the future.

GERALT-z-RIVIE
Just now, GhostZ69 said:

I am not sure what attitude you are talking about?  This has been said by the dev's themselves.  They are just testing the quest system.  Fixing the bugs like the one that I got stuck in.  I completed Postman Pat part 2 but I cannot complete Postman Pat part 1.  Therefor I cannot move past that quest with Prapor and I am forever (well until next wipe or account reset) stuck with level 3 Prapor.

I mean with attitude that we gonna change or delete almost all of that later things ... there is too much content that´s had to be changed or removed and they can´t make it until they date with that kind of attitude they are too small company for so much work. What concerns bugs his is the thing that can be done by little of their time so easy fix from their side I think.

GERALT-z-RIVIE
3 minutes ago, o0Cosmo0o said:

I agree, I don't like the actual Quest system, It is totally annoying for me and I prefer a bigger FPS component for the game. 

I can understand a quest where I need to kill players or scavs... but searching Bleach or Tushonka around the map it si the worst thing for me. And I play this game since the Alpha and I have done all Quests since the first day when introduced in the game.

I want an FPS, not a GDR or similar annoying type of game, I really hope in a more FPS component in the future.

That´s why I am not playing the game so much lately because what I am interested is PVP not a PVE farming or hatchet runs and with that kind of playstyle you are just stagnating on small level of traders which not let you improve your gear and you start to lose taste in playing the game. Which is kind of sad because I enjoyed it general not lately because of servers but still.

Cypherdrene

I don't hate it, but I don't love it. The problem with the current questing is the grind/RNG (which I hate), but having tasks beneficial to my character gives more depth and purpose.

GERALT-z-RIVIE
1 minute ago, Cypherdrene said:

I don't hate it, but I don't love it. The problem with the current questing is the grind/RNG (which I hate), but having tasks beneficial to my character gives more depth and purpose.

I think every quests in gaming in general are always beneficial but still I would be more interested in quests tutorial based that would for example teach players how to play game I remember when I started since summer and something like quests with good reward to let better know game mechanics would be more helpful than these...

GhostZ69
8 minutes ago, GERALT-z-RIVIE said:

I mean with attitude that we gonna change or delete almost all of that later things ... there is too much content that´s had to be changed or removed and they can´t make it until they date with that kind of attitude they are too small company for so much work. What concerns bugs his is the thing that can be done by little of their time so easy fix from their side I think.

Ah ok I see what you mean.  I am not sure how much coding/game development you have done but changing the quests will literally take a few moments.  We are not talking about days or weeks.  It is just doing a find/replace command for some of them and rewriting the text to match.  You can change from "Kill 20 Bears" to "Kill 20 (opposite faction of player)" quite easily.  Collect 20 Toshonka can be 10 of something or 40 of something else with just a couple lines of code to be changed.  

What they are getting is the whole code for a certain type of quest to be finished.  Like when I got "Ran through" instead of "Survived" on Postman Pat part 1 I broke the quest.  Now they know they need to fix the "Survived" to "Extracted with Note" but in a more codey type of way lol.

GERALT-z-RIVIE
3 minutes ago, GhostZ69 said:

Ah ok I see what you mean.  I am not sure how much coding/game development you have done but changing the quests will literally take a few moments.  We are not talking about days or weeks.  It is just doing a find/replace command for some of them and rewriting the text to match.  You can change from "Kill 20 Bears" to "Kill 20 (opposite faction of player)" quite easily.  Collect 20 Toshonka can be 10 of something or 40 of something else with just a couple lines of code to be changed.  

What they are getting is the whole code for a certain type of quest to be finished.  Like when I got "Ran through" instead of "Survived" on Postman Pat part 1 I broke the quest.  Now they know they need to fix the "Survived" to "Extracted with Note" but in a more codey type of way lol.

Main point is what you do in those quests. I think when game is released you don´t need quests like these to be there just from a start of the game ,they can be adding such content as this after final release and now take priority in servers, maps and overall balancing instead I think in current state of the game this is just wasting of a their precious time.

Edited by GERALT-z-RIVIE

GhostZ69
6 minutes ago, GERALT-z-RIVIE said:

Main point is what you do in those quests. I think when game is released you don´t need quests like these to be there just from a start of the game ,they can be adding such content as this after final release and now take priority in servers, maps and overall balancing instead I think in current state of the game this is just wasting of a their precious time.

Again, not sure how much game development you have done...  The guy making the quests is NOT the guy who works on the servers.  The guy making maps does NOT do the quests.  The guy working on game balance does NOT work on the quests.  Your 3D modelers do not make the sounds.  The sound guys do not work with terrain.  However, all of this stuff has to be done.  It is why making games costs so much.  It costs time, money and skill.

xivition

In my honest opinion they should just add a feature where you can contribute certain resources to traders to increase rep instead of going through the tedious, oddly-specific quests. And let's not talk about how EOD owner just get a free-pass on one of the hardest early-game quests every wipe.

GhostZ69
22 minutes ago, xivvan said:

In my honest opinion they should just add a feature where you can contribute certain resources to traders to increase rep instead of going through the tedious, oddly-specific quests. And let's not talk about how EOD owner just get a free-pass on one of the hardest early-game quests every wipe.

That is kinda what most of the tasks are...  You gather 30 Tushonka (a resource) to get your rep up.  I guess you just mean, instead of a task for it, it is just there to "Insert Tushonka for XXX rep."  That is a viable idea.  Though to me seems a bit bland and boring.  It could work though!  And yeah, that Skier task needs to go ASAP or at least be pushed back to the 8th+ task.  But again, remember, ALL of these tasks are just a learning exercise for the dev's and will be going away and replaced with the real more story driven tasks.

Jlesaistu

my only issue on quest are how they seem to be really hard for the payout sometime.

think like giving a full top tier armor set as first quest level 1.....or that time limit bear pmc things.

xivition
On 1/15/2018 at 11:32 PM, GhostZ69 said:

That is kinda what most of the tasks are...  You gather 30 Tushonka (a resource) to get your rep up.  I guess you just mean, instead of a task for it, it is just there to "Insert Tushonka for XXX rep."  That is a viable idea.  Though to me seems a bit bland and boring.  It could work though!  And yeah, that Skier task needs to go ASAP or at least be pushed back to the 8th+ task.  But again, remember, ALL of these tasks are just a learning exercise for the dev's and will be going away and replaced with the real more story driven tasks.

If you feel like it's boring, then do the quests, the resource for rep mechanic would be for the people that don't appreciate it. Also it'd be a set resource, different from the quest which is just a whole lot of random items that you can find, what I have in mind would be like: Contribute X amounts of Y resource (Rare resources give more rep than common items). 

ShowMeDeWai
11 minutes ago, xivvan said:

If you feel like it's boring, then do the quests, the resource for rep mechanic would be for the people that don't appreciate it. Also it'd be a set resource, different from the quest which is just a whole lot of random items that you can find, what I have in mind would be like: Contribute X amounts of Y resource (Rare resources give more rep than common items). 

So, are you saying then that you would like to see BOTH options?  That would be interesting.  Then those who like doing tasks could do them.  Those who dislike the tasks could turn in resources.  Those who want to do both can do both but still be held back by levels/cash spent.  I love options so, if you are saying that, that has my vote!

xivition
Just now, ShowMeDeWai said:

So, are you saying then that you would like to see BOTH options?  That would be interesting.  Then those who like doing tasks could do them.  Those who dislike the tasks could turn in resources.  Those who want to do both can do both but still be held back by levels/cash spent.  I love options so, if you are saying that, that has my vote!

That's exactly what I'm saying, have another way of doing it rather than forcing everyone to adapt to quests that'll have you gather resources that are scarce af, killing BEARs etc, instead just let people choose to hand over resources to the traders and have rep gain that way.